• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Jamshyd's Medicinal Ketamine Regimen! (V 1.5 - UPDATED 11-22-10)

Argh. Just lost the reply I typed out here.

Just wanted to say: have been following a similar regime with methoxetamine since about February. Initial results were fantastic -- have been on every available class of AD since the age of 14 without a remission like this -- but have recently been uneven as I'm finding it difficult to limit my use. I'd like to try to divide it into gelcaps soon and see if that helps as it works quite well orally and doses much lower than required for disassociation seem to work just as well at sustaining the antidepressant effect.

I'd also like to try to augment with traditional pharmaceuticals.. riluzole seems to be showing some success sustaining the effect between ketamine doses in one study but I doubt I'd be able to get that prescribed. Perhaps something similar like amantadine would work.

Has anyone else had success with gabapentin? I can definitely get that or Lyrica prescribed and will try to do so next week even though they haven't been much help in the past. I feel like I do need something for anxiety and keeping my mood even... I've only tried Lamictal and Xanax so far, both of which really interfered with the antidepressant effect.

psychological risks associated with daily ketamine use

I do appreciate the work that has gone in to this project, although I must say I find it extremely dangerous. I do think ketamine can have legitimate value in treating depression, although I have seen it cause a ridiculous amount of addiction and (temporary) mental illness, I believe it would be imperative to have a licensed doctor administer the ketamine. I have found in myself and several other people i know that when one exposes themselves to repeated frequent ketamine dosing, especially snorted, (I wouldn't know about IM personally but I imagine it would be even worse) it is inevitable that it will lead to self delusion and abuse that can easily result in serious consequences. Ketamine addiction works with very strange psychological mechanisms, the dissociative aspect can disconnect parts of the self, and in my experience this makes it far easier to rationalize and hide the addiction from ones self. This regimen trains you to be fixated not only on doing ketamine constantly, but also to the idea of ketamine itself. In my experience, since ketamine is such a deeply psychological experience the addiction seems to be more mental than emotional, as if I was tricking myself on a deeply subconscious level. It would often cause me to hold idealistic and strange ideas about my use/abuse, justifying it with abstract philosophical or spiritual ideas. I can only speak for myself and a few others that have had similar experience, but in my opinion it would be better if people with any prior history of drug addiction should avoid trying this procedure entirely. In my experience, it has been safer and more effective to use dissociative s very rarely, once a month max. In my case daily meditation has been essential to using dissociatives constructively, navigating the space they provide during the experience and maintaining the insights and benefits they provide afterward.

I really appreciate you writing all this, However i sort of have to Disagree on the "limited" Amount.

Sometimes its difficult to get any for say even a month or so, when you run out your screwed.

But i understand if you have loads its much harder to resist the Urge to take advantage of it.

Hello everyone, first post here. First of all, thank you very much for writing this OP, and thanks to everyone else for their contributions. I have been following the developments in NDMAR agonists for the treatement of depression and other mental illnesses for a while now, as I struggle with these issues from time to time and I truly believe SSRI's are crap.

That being said, I thought I'd share that theres actually a NDMAR agonist that doesnt cause the trippy effects of K that currently being developped for that matter.

Might be something to keep an eye on...

http://www.naurex.com/html/RandD.html

As for myself, I'll be ordering some MXE soon as I can't get my hands on K. I will keep you i the loop as to how this is working out for me.

I personally think and from experience that using ketamine daily and many times a day, no matter how small a dose DOES NOT WORK FOR ME.

Instead i prefer to have a high dose , say around 200mg up to 300mg all in one go on a saturday night. I suffer from manic depression, i have done for around 7 years, ive been tried on Citalopram SSRI's and they were giving me too many side effects so i came off them at the 2 week mark, I had body dissassociation and anxiety as well as weird light sensitivity after sundown.... I don't think my problem is related to serotonin at all, because when i have taken MDMA my experience has always been on a much better/different level to anyone else around me, i have always had an absolute Blast.

Symptoms start to appear around the 10 day mark of my last dose of ketamine. (200mg - 300mg)

- Suicidal thoughts, very realistic plans
- Extremely low self esteem
- Feeling of Impending Doom
- Low motivation to do anything
- Low concentration ability
- Very Irritable
- Uncooperative
- Low energy
Or for the other half of the day then, i may be:

- Happy with thoughts that i will get somewhere in life
- Extreme bursts of energy and restlessness
- able to peform tasks faster

When ive had my weekly dose of ketamine ive found this my results:

- Increased Concentration
- Mood generally more stable
- Increased energy
- increased effort with almost everything
- Increased speed at doing things
- Increased accuracy with doing tasks
- Heightened Self esteem and a better opinion of myself
- More positve thoughts and much less and less severe negative thoughts

Other things that can give me a similar 'Pick me up' to the effects of ketamine doing its magic is:
- Weight Lifting/exercising
- Seeing friends (Sometimes, not all the time, sometimes it makes it worse)

I'm not even always after the 'K-Hole' when i do a high dose of ketamine like that, i am mainly after the beautiful afterglow, which i can describe feels like the last 20 minutes of MDMA in waves, but it feels like that all day and a much lesser extent the next day, and so on, but that sorts me out all week.

Without it , i am FUCKED.

I honestly think if i wasnt able to do it at all, id just continue with my plans of suicide that i had for many years and long before i ever used ketamine.

Ketamine is a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor, which i find most effective in keeping my spirits high.

I did try the daily dosing thing, all it did was turn me into a ketamine addict that lasted 3 weeks , because im so tight and stingy i decided enough is enough and stopped.
Whatever works for the individual i guess, i prefer a decent sized weekly dose tbh

Last edited:
Jamshyd, I tried PMing you, but your inbox is full. Here's the message I meant to send you:

As the sort of ketamine expert that you are, I figured I'd run this idea by you. I have rheumatoid arthritis and I want to treat it with K.

And BELIEVE me, I have tried everything under the fucking sun to treat this. It's a really bad case. It started when I was 19. I'm 22 and I've needed 3 surgeries so far from the RA, one of them a total hip replacement. I've eaten only raw food for 6 months, I've gone on many cleanses like the Master Cleanse and various juice fasts, tried the western medicine approach (which has only partially worked) and lots of alternative methods. My diet is the best ever (no sugar gluten dairy meat etc, with lots of veggies, etc etc.)

I'm reading how sometimes they use K to "reset" people with autoimmune disorders, and also there are a number of studies out there that show that K inhibits TNF-alpha, the main mediator for inflammation. Basically, K reduces inflammation, and it might do the trick. When I use psychedelics, they inhibit the inflammation as well, but only temporarily, and then it comes rushing back. 5ht2a receptor antagonism also inhibits TNF inflammation.

With psychedelics, one can only go so far with subthreshold dosing before tolerance starts to kick in and it stops working. Also, it's stressful to be almost high all the time.

I wonder if K will be different. Maybe it is more friendly for continuous sub-threshold dosing? Maybe a good K-hole will reset my nervous/immune system?

Any insight?

For people looking to use a method like this for anti-depressant purposes...I highly recommend that you switch over to Methoxetamine...It is much more affordable, available, and longer lasting in lower doses. You CAN take it orally and have it be very effective, but not intoxicating. It also has an amazing afterglow and initial effects that last up to 6-8 hours making it much more viable for use as an anti-depressant medication. Ketamine DEFINITELY has it's place though, don't get me wrong. There is NO replacement for good ole' vials of Ketaset.....but for your average person who can't afford kets ticket price, and the fact that at best the effects last for 2 hours, MXE is a WONDERFUL alternative. It can also do wonders when it comes to resetting an opiate addicts brain, teaching them to get enjoyment out of life again. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that this class of medications gets more attention from the legitimate medical community because SSRI's are a motherfucking JOKE!!! Lives could be saved from research FOCUSED on these substances. I just hope the people who can make it a reality realize it someday....
To the betterment of EVERYONE'S mental health and wellbeing.....MXE could make the world a beautifully balanced place someday.................sigh....

There is NO replacement for good ole' vials of Ketaset

Yeah shamefully people who really could do with some Ketaset are unable to find any and are very unlikely in their lifetime to even come into contact with them.

Very interesting!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed report for us! Im going to have to post a link to this thread in the Ketamine Log at the other forum i regular at if you dont mind?

I have suffered from depression from the time i was 13 till currently(23). I have put myself through therapy, taken anti depressants, drank alcohol, and eaten copious amounts of pressed tabs to try and mask my depression...

Wasnt until almost a year ago that i started reading medical reports of ketamine helping with depression, at first i just pondered the idea, I didnt know to much about ketamine so i had a couple reservations about it in the beginning. I decided do what i had done so many times before and to do some research. I read science articles, erowid, trip reports, here, other forums, etc. The more i read the more and more comfortable i felt with the idea of dabbling with ketamine. After getting some i stowed it away for a day when i felt i could really use it... After a couple weeks i can remember just having a bad day, just real down on everything, very hopeless feeling. Took a small bump, roughly 30mg or so, hadnt ever done it before so i didnt want to go overboard. It was amazing how much more full of life i felt 10-15 min into the experience then i had felt previous to ingesting it. What was even more amazing is the relief carried over into the next few days. After my first use i knew this was the real deal, something that could finally help in those overwhelmingly depressed manic nights.

Since the first time using i have dabbled both with recreational and medicinal use, both have been great! At one point i did get a little carried away with it, used it 3-4 times within a weeks time. I decided after this that i needed to re-asses use. I wanted to be able to enjoy ketamine for a long time and would hate to worry about an addiction. After coming to this conclusion it was very easy for me to stop the abuse, didnt use it for over 2 months after that and am back to using it sparingly when needed.

I have found that 75-100mg to be my perfect dosage although from time to time i really do enjoy a nice K-hole.

I have found that 75-100mg to be my perfect dosage although from time to time i really do enjoy a nice K-hole.

Thats how i started off now i need like 200mg.

Don't listen to people who say you are better off daily dosing and all that, just enjoy your K hole once every 10 days say. But do not chase the high and do not do any more K after it, And just hold on to that Beautiful afterglow.

Advice on here for me was to do it every few days, such a bad idea. it didnt have as good effect and i ended up doing it daily then couple of times a day, but this only lasted 3 weeks.
As i say, Once a week seems to work best but i can wait about 10 days before i notice the nasty evil depressive episodes.

Is there a test to see that what I have is really ketamine?

Marquis/reagent might work, though I'm not sure. If in doubt, send a sample off to a lab for testing :)

MXE, working in a similar way, with a long duration, and a smaller dose required, could potentially be a much more effective anti-depressant than Ketamine - but that's just speculation based on what we've seen so far, and if one were to self-medicate with it then I'd highly recommend keeping the doses very small and sporadic.

Thats how i started off now i need like 200mg.

Don't listen to people who say you are better off daily dosing and all that, just enjoy your K hole once every 10 days say. But do not chase the high and do not do any more K after it, And just hold on to that Beautiful afterglow.

Advice on here for me was to do it every few days, such a bad idea. it didnt have as good effect and i ended up doing it daily then couple of times a day, but this only lasted 3 weeks.
As i say, Once a week seems to work best but i can wait about 10 days before i notice the nasty evil depressive episodes.

^^^ This seems to make the most sense. The afterglow is certainly strong and long-lasting (about a week for me), and I would much rather use once a week than several times a day. Seems simpler.

Hey,

I'm trying to get my hands on some Riluzole so I can test this out. Which studies have you seen that shows ketamine to have a pro-memory/cognitive effect? Most of the studies I've seen relate to depression but not cognition. I'm BPII and my memory/cognition is pretty wack. Pulling out simple memories is a challenge.

btw i can't msg you

this is excellent.
while i have a tendency to dose too high like most people likely will, i strongly believe in ket for TRD. i use it when i am like totally suicidal and cant do anything but stay in bed miserable... its not fun... ketamine even at tiny dose, once in the morning IM, makes me happy all day. it really has been a lifesaver/ i just cant be doing ket everyday so i have to tough it out...
ill abuse it if i have tonnes lying around. so if i can just manage to handle my desire to do a fat line, i think this is/would be very effective for me. GREAT POST! i know this i super old but ive been mining for interesting stuff to read, this certainly fit the bill :)

I have a question about this regimen.

I've read some reports online in the past that say regular K users, who have since stopped using, are no longer able to experience highs from LSD or mushrooms. First of all: is this really true? Second: could a low dose K regimen over the long term have this impact?

Losing my ability to trip on LSD would be a nightmare.

I have a question about this regimen.

I've read some reports online in the past that say regular K users, who have since stopped using, are no longer able to experience highs from LSD or mushrooms. First of all: is this really true? Second: could a low dose K regimen over the long term have this impact?

Losing my ability to trip on LSD would be a nightmare.

there could be some truth in that... in the last years i find that i need much higher doses of psuchdedlics if i don't combine them with dissociatives, but i haven't lost my ability to trip for sure