• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Jamshyd's Medicinal Ketamine Regimen! (V 1.5 - UPDATED 11-22-10)

How long do you suggest the K-regimen continue? It sounds as though Jamshyd was using it daily for 1-2 weeks and then stopping for several weeks or months. Ximot continued using it daily for 6-8 months which would explain the addiction if I'm understanding this correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine#Neuropharmacology

Ketamine was long thought to act primarily by inhibiting NMDA receptors.[53][54] But another NMDA receptor antagonist, MK-801, does not exert the same hypnotic effects.[55] It appears more likely that the hypnotic effects of ketamine are produced by inhibiting hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-modulated (HCN1) cation channels, which mediate the "sag" current (Ih ) in neurons.[56] Inhibition of Ih by ketamine in cultured neurons causes a hyperpolarizing shift in resting membrane potential and enhances summation of excitatory currents.

Now there's a puzzle. Any other HCN1 inhibitors?

Besides depression I also have read articles about ketamine being used for chronic pain. I'd be very interested it seeing how it works for my chronic pain. Sadly they aren't perscribing it for chronic pan where I live and I cant find any people with ketamine.

Trying this with methoxetamine, starting today. Made that decision made mostly on convenience: methoxetamine is cheaper per dose and lasts longer, so I can use less, less often.

I've had three tiny bumps today, and honestly -- it's hard getting a dose small enough! It sticks to things and clumps and flies away on the slightest draft, and measuring out the requisite ~4 milligrams is a pain.

Will update tomorrow. I guess?

Day 4, just took bump #3.

The feeling of dissociation that used to happen after each bump for ~hour or so has almost entirely disappeared. I think I'm feeling better than usual but I don't know if I'm acting more responsibly. The latter was my favorite effect of taking piracetam every day.

Also, I still smoke weed every night so I guess I'm a test case for that, too.

The anti-depressent effects from K are wonderful, but certainly wouldn't prevent stupidity even with the world seeming a bit calmer and beautifuler.

It definitely didn't make me more responsible with my drug use (how handy that would be right now...), but it did make getting up in the mornings 100x easier which can help jump start some motivation, potentially leading to being more responsible with whatever is the issue. I recreationally used more than I planned so I wasn't able to keep the supplementation going for more than 3 weeks.

I did notice with those 3 weeks a 2-3 day drop off of a portion of anti-depressant effects, and a week of residual effects (after last dose) that were no where near as pronounced as day 1 or 2, yet still present.

I need to nut up and not blow through my stash. Fish oil, baby asprin, cholin, mg + zn sup, and multi vit with the ketamine helped relax my body, my mind, and boosted my confidence. Social anxiety diminished. General anxiety diminished if not eliminated, and motivation was easier to achieve, notably in the mornings. It would be potentially very beneficial if I could control myself and set up a dose regime.

but it did make getting up in the mornings 100x easier

Speaking of.

Since I've been doing this, I've noticed something totally weird. For the past four days, I have consistently woken up no more than ten minutes before my alarm was set to go off.

Even weirder, my alarm was set to go off at different times during those four days. Every single day, I woke up right before it. I mean, what the fuck?

The human mind is quite an amazing thing. I suspect neuroscience and the various schools of psychology are a sort of blind-men-and-the-elephant game.

^Once when I was about 14 I used a Ouija board with a friend when I was spending the night at her house. We asked all the usual questions, who we would marry, etc. But to test the validity we also asked what time we would wake up the next day. Lo and behold, we woke up at that exact time! (I think it was 11:18 or something like that.) I would agree the brain has amazing powers like that. (BTW neither of us married the guys we had crushes on then, who the board had said we would marry.)

May you simply be attributing coincidence to explain something? Just guessing, but Ketamine is stimulating. You wake up around the time before the clock goes off, but I think the stimulating effects are what cause this. Abracadabra, both of you could have been woken up by the same thing, and if you were in the same bed, then its possible that stirring could have woken you both around the same time. I don't mean to be a downer, but I'm trying to think of a scientific explanation.

Jamshyd, I'm curious about your depression. Does it manifest itself because of circumstance or do you believe it is biological/environmentally related? I plan on using MXE soon, probably for the same purpose, but I'd like to understand your profile a bit more. Its very interesting and it seems to be much better than taking a drug everyday. Around how much is taken during your sessions in general? Would it be close to a gram, or so? I certainly hope that I can stop taking all drugs eventually, but that is not the case yet, as my environment fucking sucks.

UPDATED!!

Ximot and BD: I apologize if my ineloquence has lead anyone to get addicted with this regimen. I can only hope that my recent addition of warnings can help of only a bit. I recognize that the two of you have a good point, and I apologize if I reacted negatively to your criticisms - that was not out of pride, but rather out fear that I may have committed a big mistake.

It is worthy to mention that although I never had a hardcore addiction to K, I have nonetheless caught myself abusing it a handful of times. Interestingly, it appears that K has been useful to my depression both pharmacologically and psychologically - for recently its entheogenic use has allolwed me to work my way through what caused my depression, even though it seemed completely incurable. Since then, it ceased to be useful as a medical antidepressant for me, but still remains a teacher to be used sparingly.

That said, I recognize that I am still at risk of addiction, as is anyone.

However, if addiction to K is the only price for a life-long lesson in love, then I'd say it has been worth it to me, as my depression had caused me to forget how love works. Ketamine has at least in part allowed me to remember it, thus continuing my learning. I'd rather die than forget Love again...

Now that the major obstacle has been removed, I am finding that a combination of nootropics (seems to be Hydergine + Aniracetam, with the former being more essential) duplicates the antidepressant effect of K for bad days and other sort of transient sadness.

The fact that BD and I seldom agreed on anything in the past, and the fact that we seem to agree here - on the single point I've always thought was closest to being certain, alone tells me that his input in this thread is both valid and invaluable. The fact that ximot agrees only furthers this validity. The fact that they are a minoirty, however, means that by-and-large there is at least a bit of merit to this regimen.

----

Isaac: my deppression was a very complicated affair. And while nothing has changed in the setting that caused it, my mindset has recently changed, effectively curing it. This was at least partially thanks to Ketamine.

I cannot condone the use of Methoxetamine for the same purpose. It could be a superior medicine to K, but neither I, nor humanity in general, have enough experience with it to vouch for efficacy or safety, nor does science have anything definitive to allay this historical lack of experience.

Last edited:
Trying this with methoxetamine, starting today. Made that decision made mostly on convenience: methoxetamine is cheaper per dose and lasts longer, so I can use less, less often.

I've had three tiny bumps today, and honestly -- it's hard getting a dose small enough! It sticks to things and clumps and flies away on the slightest draft, and measuring out the requisite ~4 milligrams is a pain.

Will update tomorrow. I guess?

What milligramage would a tiny bump be ? I'm asking because without measurement I've found the eye to see things one is taking to appear smaller & smaller, a bit like Alice in Wonderland.
My point is that unless you actually measure & stick to a dosage regime over a reasonable period of time your info can't be treated as seriously as it otherwise might be.
& if you're serious you'd want it to be - yes?

i am interested in the anti depressant/addictive qualities of K. it is nice to see a regimen laid out as well as having other opinons(use a full dose once a week instead of small doses several times a day for a week).

the addiction potential sounds really scary though. i know it is a schedule III drug, placing with with the likes of hydrocodone and buprenorphine.

anyway, thank you for experiences.

my interest is diminishing nerve pain. i've read a few write-ups that seem to indicate success in treating phantom pain. it is somewhat along the lines of low dose treatment for depression and in some cases addiction. methoxetamine is also reportedly helpful in treating such issues. this thread has been a good resource of information. thanks.

i will be using K once a week for a recreational effect on the weekend. i hope this is enough to sustain the antidepressive effects for a week until i dose again. i am VERY worried about resisting the urge to use a small amount every day though.

maybe it will be good to take a small dose every day for one week after a rec dose on the weekend.....but then will i be able to stop for a week? i should probably just use a rec dose once a week and hope that the AD effects last through the week until the next rec dose. arg, gotta wait a week for these vials, though it is S isomer from what i hear.

The problem I have with ketamine the ROA is far too fiendish for the drug to be taken this way.

I always assumed it would be necessary to invoke a trans-dermal extended release delivery system to offset the moreishness associated with the drug.

Has anyone had any experience taking it orally? I know it wouldn't be as financially prudent, but would be a better step in the right direction from plain old insufflation or even IM use.

i am going to be using ketamine for depression and anxiety. i am prescribed klonopin but i have found myself being depressed. so while my anxiety is under control(somewhat) i just dont have any motivation. i hate this shit. im not going back on SSRIs.

im debating how to do this though. IM or IV is going to be the ROA but i do not know whether to take one large dose a week or a small dose every day for one week. i think i will end up using one recreational dose once per week anyway so i should probably just leave it at that. i figure that .5mg/kg yields about 37mg for my weight so if i use this dose in one sitting IV this is what is normally taken in over the course of an hr in medical settings.

right now im praying this works. i will have a limited supply as well (1.5g) so its not like i can go crazy with it.

i had stunning success with lyrica but it only worked for a few months. i know there is something to the glutamate system getting to GABA indirectly because of that experience. it would be nice to be able to cut down my benzo use as well. im sick of running low at the end of the month and attempting a rec dose once a week and it just making me sleep longer than average.

i have and will continue to look through the archives on what people's experiences have been/are but if anyone feels compelled to hit me up i would appreciate it.

if anyone has any advice as to how often and what dose i should be using, please let me know. thank you.

Jamshyd, can you tell us about dosing and with detail how do you do that?
Thank you.

i have found that K DOES help for depression but MXE seems to be replacing K EVERYWHERE. its just the sources for k are so sketchy and for mxe they seem pretty reputable.

Jamshyd, can you tell us about dosing and with detail how do you do that?
Thank you.

He used a bullet/bumper and would take subtle, just-below recreational doses like once an or a so for a day or two.

Refer to the first page.

Homey have you been using MXE in that case then?