• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is vomiting a sign of too much?

I just wanted to say that not everyone can digest opioids.

My boyfriend can't.. even 10 milligrams will cause him to hurl, feel poisoned, and nothing pain relieving or good feeling like it does for us. Usually hurling is a sign of taking too much (never happened to me).

Opiates out of any drug I want to say are one of the most complicated mechanisms/difficult-to-digest substances. Opiates are always digested within the gut, hence why withdrawal reports contain nausea and difficulty keeping food down. The gut is readjusting to life without opiates--showing how effective opiates are on affecting the gut when using. If you tolerance is so too low nausea indeed will be a culprit of your "high" from higher doses. I used to get nausea from 30 milligrams until two year of recreational use.. then 30 milligrams was dosed by myself four times a day. I went from not being able to digest 30 milligrams in a whole sitting well, up to 120 milligrams daily on a regular schedule. No nausea at the end, meaning that tolerance does help with that factor a lot.

If you want to know more about an overdose--I'd say extreme difficultly staying awake during intermittent throwing up periods, and pale vampire-like skin. I've gotten not at all close to the overdose threshold, but if I know I'm close I am ALWAYS greeted by a dysphoric panic attack (oh my god I'm gonna die I took too much!) lol.

Took 30mg oxycontin IR this morning and was nauseated all day until puking after lunch. Just want to know if vomiting on opioids means I'm at my limits or is it safe to push the dose to 35/40mg next time?
I’ve been an opiate user (from norco to oxy & then heroin) for 10 years..I had actually thrown up the first time I smoked heroin. I also have friends who can’t take opiates at all bc they will vomit & become naseous. It’s not a sign of overdose, just happens to certain people bc they are unable to stomach this kind of drug. The one time I used fent, I overdosed & had to be given Narcan but I didn’t vomit. I just completely checked out after taking my last hit.

Wanted to ask how often you take oxy & how much? Maybe you hadn’t taken it in a long time & your stomach wasn’t used to it?

I’ve been an opiate user (from norco to oxy & then heroin) for 10 years..I had actually thrown up the first time I smoked heroin. I also have friends who can’t take opiates at all bc they will vomit & become naseous. It’s not a sign of overdose, just happens to certain people bc they are unable to stomach this kind of drug. The one time I used fent, I overdosed & had to be given Narcan but I didn’t vomit. I just completely checked out after taking my last hit.

Wanted to ask how often you take oxy & how much? Maybe you hadn’t taken it in a long time & your stomach wasn’t used to it?
I've been using once a fortnight with no other opioids in between so my tolerance should be near zero. I started from 5mg and moved it up 5mg each time to test which is a euphoric dose with no tolerance. I had lot of nausea on 15mg but little on 25 then lots on 30. Gonna take ginger first then bump it up to 35mg next time.

I've been using once a fortnight with no other opioids in between so my tolerance should be near zero. I started from 5mg and moved it up 5mg each time to test which is a euphoric dose with no tolerance. I had lot of nausea on 15mg but little on 25 then lots on 30. Gonna take ginger first then bump it up to 35mg next time.
IME, I only enjoy opiates if I combine them with weed and cigarettes. Maybe some pregabalin there too but that's reckless junkie behaviour.
Do you smoke weed or cigs?
Marijuana and oxycodone have one of the best synergies ever. Oh and if I were going to do opiates again id need cigarettes 100%, they go hand in hand.
The cure for náusea btw is laying down. Lols haf fun

IME, I only enjoy opiates if I combine them with weed and cigarettes. Maybe some pregabalin there too but that's reckless junkie behaviour.
Do you smoke weed or cigs?
Marijuana and oxycodone have one of the best synergies ever. Oh and if I were going to do opiates again id need cigarettes 100%, they go hand in hand.
The cure for náusea btw is laying down. Lols haf fun
Not regularly with the cigs or weed but times I've had weed with other drugs it's amplified the positive effects.

Was thinking of pushing a higher dose because euphoria was about a 3/10 and I've got next to no tolerance. Now I'm thinking if I'm not getting good euphoria from 30mg then higher doses are wasteful.
You just haven't done opioids enough yet to appreciate the euphoria without puking. The other guy was right when he said it's when you stop puking that you need to be worried. Here is what's going to happen. You're going to keep pushing the dose until you obtain your first nod or OD. Assuming you don't OD you'll come back for the nod over and over again. One day you'll wake up dope sick and your honeymoon will be over.

Opioids are not like they're portrayed in the media. Most people that try them for the first time don't even like them and think they're boring. You have to be a certain type of person in a certain place in life to appreciate the kind of euphoria they offer. I'm not saying you can't find out this for yourself. I'm just saying it's a bad idea.

Yeesh, weed and opiates are poles apart as far as a drug experience I'm looking for... Combining the two, IME, is nothing at all like the combo of cigarettes/nicotine and opiates, which is almost a requirement IMHO. I can see how very tolerant weed smokers might like to mix them as a casual matter, but for me they go in opposite directions:

If I want to castigate myself ruthlessly for a life of sin, ruminate darkly on the chances I've blown, and confuse myself completely over the nature of my social relationships, then I'm heading straight for the "kind bud."

If I want to watch blandly as the rising tide of indifference washes away shame and regret, go "sidewalk surfing" on the waves of contentment that break around me, and feel so good inside myself that I don't need to move (to quote Sly Stone), then I'm going to pick Door #2 for the opiates.

You just haven't done opioids enough yet to appreciate the euphoria without puking. The other guy was right when he said it's when you stop puking that you need to be worried. Here is what's going to happen. You're going to keep pushing the dose until you obtain your first nod or OD. Assuming you don't OD you'll come back for the nod over and over again. One day you'll wake up dope sick and your honeymoon will be over.

Opioids are not like they're portrayed in the media. Most people that try them for the first time don't even like them and think they're boring. You have to be a certain type of person in a certain place in life to appreciate the kind of euphoria they offer. I'm not saying you can't find out this for yourself. I'm just saying it's a bad idea.
I've only got about a small number of oxynorm caps left so even if i wanted to come back for more I won't be able to since the doc gave one pack and where I live a 20mg capsule will cost upwards of $200 and they only come around every few months.
I was lying down during the euphoric part so there was no nausea. After the high wore off and I got up the nausea started. Even without the nausea that day long feeling of lethargy I get from it is enough to just keep it as a treat.

This is true to. Opioids are not complete without: Cigarettes to chain smoke, some weed, and a few benzos just to help them along.
Mate, you made me crave a FAT shot of morphine and a Marlboro Red for a bit. Haha, lush times that will never go back.

Mate, you made me crave a FAT shot of morphine and a Marlboro Red for a bit. Haha, lush times that will never go back.
Dam me too lol I loved smoking a cig right after taking a fat ass shot & a couple bars, maybe a joint or two 😝

Dam me too lol I loved smoking a cig right after taking a fat ass shot & a couple bars, maybe a joint or two 😝
Yeah but I lost 10 years of my life, shitload of money and fucked up relationships. Even with all that shit sometimes I still want them, it's insane. But Since I'm almost 15 months clean I can control myself now(at least I think so) haha.

Yeah but I lost 10 years of my life, shitload of money and fucked up relationships. Even with all that shit sometimes I still want them, it's insane. But Since I'm almost 15 months clean I can control myself now(at least I think so) haha.
Well shit, lets hope so. I’m 28, started using junk when I was 18..been off for 3 years and I gotta keep it that way. Had a narly overdose & I got no self control anyway so there’s that lol

Well shit, lets hope so. I’m 28, started using junk when I was 18..been off for 3 years and I gotta keep it that way. Had a narly overdose & I got no self control anyway so there’s that lol
Almost same story, tried oxy at 17 and moved to iv morphine ampoules at 19. 10 years of rehab, anguish, pain, horror despair, suicide attempts plus a nasty iv cocaine and crack addiction on top of it. Thank God its over man. I can't deny I've had SUPER GOOD TIMES on it and I've been in the lowest of the low. There's no inbetween. But that's the choice I made.

Took 30mg oxycontin IR this morning and was nauseated all day until puking after lunch. Just want to know if vomiting on opioids means I'm at my limits or is it safe to push the dose to 35/40mg next time?
Fuck knows I rarely throw up from opiates even when I've overdosed so maybe that's just how Ur body responds if a drug made me constantly throw up I probably wouldn't take it tbh sounds not much fun

its a very common thing, i think your receptors get overloaded and the receptors in your stomach go oh fuck i cant handle this
first time that i took oxy/roxy, 15mg, i vomitted, and i enjoyed it so much
someone said
"are you okay?"
i was like "i feel absolutely amazing"

If you're new to opiates then this is a common response.

However if you keep consistently being very ill but experiencing little euphoric effects, you might (fortunately or unfortunately for you, depending which way you look at it) just be one of those people whose gut reacts more strongly to opiates than your brain.

Some people just have sickness as their primary major reaction and never get any significant euphoric effects. Others consistently get ill but also get the desired effects, and consider the one the price to pay for the other. Yet others like myself only get sick a handful of times and then don't throw up at all. The human metabolism is a highly variable thing.

So to repeat, if you've tried opiates say for about like the 10th time or so, and your tolerance to the nausea doesn't improve but neither do you have any noticeable increase in the effects you're looking for, then this class of drugs is not for you.

And don't be tempted to keep pushing the dose higher chasing that elusive much - praised opiate euphoria because your body just will not respond that way, and attempting to force a response is only gonna have you landing up with an overdose.