• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is vomiting a sign of too much?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Took 30mg oxycontin IR this morning and was nauseated all day until puking after lunch. Just want to know if vomiting on opioids means I'm at my limits or is it safe to push the dose to 35/40mg next time?

I would say so, yeah. Probably shouldn't push the dose higher if your body can't take the one you already did.

To be clear, was it pharmaceutical oxycodone that you yourself got at a pharmacy? Or one that you got off the street? Because if you got it off the street, it's probably a fentanyl press.

These were from a pharmacy. Was thinking of pushing a higher dose because euphoria was about a 3/10 and I've got next to no tolerance. Now I'm thinking if I'm not getting good euphoria from 30mg then higher doses are wasteful.

Took 30mg oxycontin IR this morning and was nauseated all day until puking after lunch. Just want to know if vomiting on opioids means I'm at my limits or is it safe to push the dose to 35/40mg next time?
Exactly what @deficiT said.
Yes vomiting is one sign that you took too much, and no you should not increase the dose next time as you will very likely have the same problem.

A lot of the times when doctors prescribe you a strong opiate such as Oxy or something then they will give you an antiemetic medicine along with the opiate so it helps with the nausea. So for someone taking something like Oxy with not really any tolerance most of the time results in getting nauseated.

Yes. When it comes to opioids, vomiting usually means either too much or too little.

A lot of the times when doctors prescribe you a strong opiate such as Oxy or something then they will give you an antiemetic medicine along with the opiate so it helps with the nausea. So for someone taking something like Oxy with not really any tolerance most of the time results in getting nauseated.
I'm gonna try ginger about 1 hour after the oxy.

The euphoria I experienced for an hour was pretty lame for 30mg and I got almost zero tolly.
Then do yourself a favor and stop. If it's pretty lame, it should be pretty easy to stop
I don't understand why you're trying to force yourself into addiction?
You vomit, it's lame, and you want to take more? That does not make much sense.
Be mindful of the psychological grip of opiates. You might not escape again anytime soon, if you don't do it now

Then do yourself a favor and stop. If it's pretty lame, it should be pretty easy to stop
I don't understand why you're trying to force yourself into addiction?
You vomit, it's lame, and you want to take more? That does not make much sense.
Be mindful of the psychological grip of opiates. You might not escape again anytime soon, if you don't do it now
I've got easy access to h and used to use it on weekends just to treat myself and had zero desire to use it on weekdays so addiction isn't a problem for me. I just wanna get the level of euphoria people often speak of so a higher dose should hopefully do it. Nausea and vomiting is just a price to pay for it I guess. I've got one script with no repeats and don't wanna waste it on low doses.

I've got easy access to h and used to use it on weekends just to treat myself and had zero desire to use it on weekdays so addiction isn't a problem for me. I just wanna get the level of euphoria people often speak of so a higher dose should hopefully do it. Nausea and vomiting is just a price to pay for it I guess. I've got one script with no repeats and don't wanna waste it on low doses.
You think addiction is not going to be a problem. With heroin.
I'd smile at that if it wasn't so fucking sad what you're doing.
Weirdly enough that's what both of my friends said, before they had to to it "just a little bit" during the week,
eventually every day, and in the end killed themselves to escape the addiction. Yeahyeah it's all propaganda :rolleyes:
I work with addicts - I heard your story a bunch of times. It's nothing new under the sun, and it is going to end like all the other beautiful opiate stories if you continue. Go to the Dark Side, open essentially any thread and read, think about it.

You're sure you want this? You're aware that chasing that crazy endorphin high will annihilate your body's ability to deal with body-own opiates, yes?
Not going to force you to stop, just telling you that after a point it's going to be difficult to impossible to experience happiness without opiates. Or an erection.

You think addiction is not going to be a problem. With heroin.
I'd smile at that if it wasn't so fucking sad what you're doing.
Weirdly enough that's what both of my friends said, before they had to to it "just a little bit" during the week,
eventually every day, and in the end killed themselves to escape the addiction. Yeahyeah it's all propaganda :rolleyes:
I work with addicts - I heard your story a bunch of times. It's nothing new under the sun, and it is going to end like all the other beautiful opiate stories if you continue. Go to the Dark Side, open essentially any thread and read, think about it.

You're sure you want this? You're aware that chasing that crazy endorphin high will annihilate your body's ability to deal with body-own opiates, yes?
Not going to force you to stop, just telling you that after a point it's going to be difficult to impossible to experience happiness without opiates. Or an erection.
Too many assumption regarding my drug use.
I haven't used any H for over a year and a half so I don't know why you think it's inevitable I get addicted to it.
The euphoria was better than oxy but not enough to make me want to do more as soon as possible and effects were too sedating to use except before bedtime and the nausea was a killjoy so once I used up the small amount I bought and never bought again. The thought of railing some H makes me think of nausea and puking so have zero desire to use it and the cost is prohibitive in Australia and I've got more important things to consider than getting high even if it were to be 1000 times better than an orgasm.
I tend to find drugs that are reported to be highly euphoric for a lot of people only moderately so for me and side effects are too unpleasant to even consider daily use. That includes other highly addictive drugs like amps and meth so pretty much limits my drug use despite dabbling in them for many years. To me they're a minor escape that I like to do a few times a month max. I've watched people get addicted to meth and heroin and telling me how awesomely good they make them feel and I'm always scratching my head wondering how can they like it so much to get addicted? It's alright but not THAT good. But everyone's different you know.

Last edited:
Hey @cletusSamboy

You experienBced a commoly repored symptom that is more or less to be exected with powerful Opioids. I don't knoe how to put this exactly, but to vomit implies that you're body is in a kind of distress, but regarding Opioids, it's not harmfiul or indicative of an actualy medical problem. It is only a systemic side effect of the drug itself and the damage, as it were, to your body is gonna be related to acid burning your throat and teeth just like any other instance of vomiting. No big deal.

Brush your teeth to neutralize the acid around your teeth and gums. Replace the lost fluids orally by having a drink and you will be right as rain.

While nausea is a common symptom of Opioid iontoxication in general, it's common for new users to get "bit" once pretty badly by it when they first start dabbling in Opioids. It's not uncommon to see folks take a little too much and be relegated to bed due to nausea. It typically passes without incident thought, so all in all, you shouldn't have to worry about anything.