• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is vomiting a sign of too much?

Yeah, nausea is common on opioids, even at doses that aren't particularly high.
Scopolamine in any shape or form (i.e from plants or pills) will take care of this problem.

This isn't some lame justification for popping oxys if you think that.
I've just read the whole thread, and yes - this is a lame justification for doing Oxy's.
You might not think so, but I guarantee that you are the only one that thinks so.

Look, I'm not judging your drug use. But listen to yourself -

You feel sick, but you're doing it anyway.
You are not addicted, but you must use up all your pills.
You don't feel a pull, but you must do it for an Erowid-report.

What's wrong with this picture?

Anyways, good luck. Take it easy.

If you're new to opiates then this is a common response.

However if you keep consistently being very ill but experiencing little euphoric effects, you might (fortunately or unfortunately for you, depending which way you look at it) just be one of those people whose gut reacts more strongly to opiates than your brain.

Some people just have sickness as their primary major reaction and never get any significant euphoric effects. Others consistently get ill but also get the desired effects, and consider the one the price to pay for the other. Yet others like myself only get sick a handful of times and then don't throw up at all. The human metabolism is a highly variable thing.

So to repeat, if you've tried opiates say for about like the 10th time or so, and your tolerance to the nausea doesn't improve but neither do you have any noticeable increase in the effects you're looking for, then this class of drugs is not for you.

And don't be tempted to keep pushing the dose higher chasing that elusive much - praised opiate euphoria because your body just will not respond that way, and attempting to force a response is only gonna have you landing up with an overdose.
Reminds me of one time like 10 years ago, I gave my friend 10mg oxycontin and 30 mins later he was barfing everywhere at the Park. He never wanted to try it again.OH BUT GIVE HIM COCAINE....And he will snort all of it til the bags empty.

Lol. Yeah, whatever. I'm done trying to save your ass from yourself. I'm done with your ignorance. You are naive, and underestimating opiates like that is going to bite your ass off. Have fun with that.

Yknow what: fall, fall as deep as you want, but don't you dare blame anyone but yourself for what you're doing here.
See you in TDS in a year or two
Good riddance cos you're being very arrogant. This is a harm reduction site. You should be congratulating me for my ability to use opiates in moderation and without becoming addicted.

If everyone who touches opioid falls in love with them then why did 1 gram of heroin last me over 1 year? Why have I not bought anymore for over 18 months? Why didn't I get addicted to heroin? Why has my box of 20 oxys lasted about 10 months?

If you were honest you'd admit my usage is extremely moderate and that to become addicted requires usage to ramp up significantly higher and a lot more frequently and this first requires the person to enjoy and desire opioids enough.

But why let basic facts get in the way of trying to scare someone off dabbling with opioids.

Instead you are catastophizing and fortune telling and projecting other people's lack of control onto me.

Last edited:
I've just read the whole thread, and yes - this is a lame justification for doing Oxy's.
You might not think so, but I guarantee that you are the only one that thinks so.

Look, I'm not judging your drug use. But listen to yourself -

You feel sick, but you're doing it anyway.
You are not addicted, but you must use up all your pills.
You don't feel a pull, but you must do it for an Erowid-report.

What's wrong with this picture?

Anyways, good luck. Take it easy.
I've had this one packet for about 1 year so have spaced things out. It takes a lot more usage to really get hooked than a pill here and there.
And wouldn't you say my reason for using is at least better than consuming over a short span of time purely with the intention of getting high. And I've done this with other drugs as well. This isn't from a craving as I have no cravings for it.

Last edited: