• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Is it REALLY that bad to mix suboxone and benzos?

i am on 1.5 mg xanax was with 4mg of sub(started on 24 mg)never had a problem

Shit I think I remember this question.

No it's not. Most suboxone Dr.s prescribe benzo's to there patients. Klonopin seems to be the most popular.

It's actually a double edged sword. The benzo's make the effects of the suboxone alot more evened out. It takes out the annoying stimulating effect you get. And somtimes you can catch a little nod, or a pretty nice buzz.

As long as you dont get carried away with the benzo's and stay at a moderate dose your good. But I look at this as a bad thing, giving benzo's to people that were addicted to opiates is a bad idea.

I ended up getting more addicted to benzo's then opiates. Which is really ironic sense you go to a suboxone dr. to get off of drugs.

So my advice is no it's not bad if you stay at doses around 2-3mg's a day and no higher. Then it's actually quite nice :)

suboxone give me anxiety real bad I been on maintaince for 2 yrs I'm at 1mg right now so I'm coming off it's ooo sooo hard.It has been a rough road I have anxiety real bad I always take benzos with my sub ....i also believe suboxone gave me panic attacks

My personal experience is that i can mix the two very well, i compare it to mixing methadone and xanax just not as strong....

exactly mate they syn together very well I believe so it's almost a must I really enjoy the combo glad to see someone else who does as well......peace bro you have a great day took my sub klon soon and I'm on my way ha ha

I know a guy who is under a doctors care and is prescribed suboxone and klonopin. He spends his days driving around town in his truck with his music blasting. He still lives at home and his mom dishes out his pills to him just as the bottle says. He's 35.

hell yeah u can take benzos while on subutex/subuxone , i do it all the time.....just stay away from alcohol (much alcohol) while on those two substances. i get 12mg subutex every morning and sometimes take up to 10 rohypnols (flunitrazepam).....and i`m still livin . bu dont see my post like im tryin to tell ya to do the same....benzos and opiates=can be very"dangerous". just know when to stop ! take it easy......

take the sub, youll be fine. my doctor actually prescribed me xanax while i take my sub, which i know is poor medical advice but i do it daily and it is the best ive felt in months

I can't take any benzoes on sub, but I'm in a withdrawal state so they give me a paradoxical restlessness reaction that keeps me awake even though I get dizzy.

I tried phenobarb with subox (not recommended) and it cured the RLS but wasn't enough to knock me out.

any time you mix cns depressants there is a highly increased level of danger. However most people on suboxone have large opiate tolerances and the danger of a single moderate benzo dose (which most dopefiends are tolerant too) should be fairly low.

If you are new to either benzos or opiates I would avoid doing this. Or at least use XXXTREME CAUTION (patented by mountain dew...)

Have taken benzos multiple times with suboxone..no ill effect. Just don't over-do it..I mean, keep your benzo and sub doses as LOW as possible to be safe..I'll take like .5mg xanax at the end of the day if really needed and never had any problems. A person who is not tolerant to either drug may have sedation issues..I use the benzos for actual anxiety issues once in a while..I wouldn't recommend using this as a recreational combination..

i can tell you from personal experience that i currently snort 10mg suboxone a day and i take about 2-4mg alprazolam orally for about 2 months now and ive never had any bad reactions/problems beathing/ or dearh occur but maybe thats just me and my tolerance. i would say go for it but its not medically recomended

I would advise against using benzos and bupe, since everyone says not to, but I will be honest with you... I used to snort the 8mg Suboxones all the time (which taste absolutely delicious, if the had suboxone flavored cookies, i would gorge myself) anyway, my Dr. prescribed me Halcion .25 mg tablets for sleep, (which is a very potent benzo, 2x more potent than xanax) and i didnt know you werent supposed to mix at the time, and what i would do, everyday for like 2 weeks, I would crush both the suboxone and the triazolam and mix the powder together and snort.. and it just made me extra dopey a little bit, but I honestly never had any bad side effects from it, so.... but overall stay away from benzos, unless you have to take them, the WD is absolutely horrendous. be safe and what not

Thanks for this thread. I was considering mixing the two, but I guess I should stand clear, huh? Even with small amounts of both...

For Subsisjustok, Good post, 16 mg of Suboxsone seems for me high, but you must have gotten use to the strength. The Alprazolan helps to. Overall a nice post! Be Safe

Take a very small amount of sub's if you despritly need to. TBH I would double your dose of benzo one more time (no more) and see if it takes the edge off. If you need to take sub's tomorrow, then go ahead.

i'm not sure, i dose benzos with my sub alot
i'm an opiate addict and when i don't have them i usually can get subutex to hold me over
like this week i've taken subutex the past few days and i've also been dosing 50-90 mgs of valium daily aswell which doesn't effect the sub in any way, it doesn't provide me with a buzz
though i do have a very high benzo tolerance aswell, i usually dose 8-10 mgs of xanax when i do - the valiums just seem to provide me with a lil more relief when withdrawaling when i take them with my sub, i've never tried xanax and sub.

I think if youre tolerant of opiates and benzodiazepines, then taking them together should be alright if youre smart about it and you dont take a stupid amount of drugs.