• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Is it REALLY that bad to mix suboxone and benzos?

Why does suboxone seem like a stimulant to me? I probably take it 2 or 3 times a month as well as IV heroin 2 or 3 times a month and subs act the same as heroin at a very low dose. They actually elevate my blood pressure, quicken my pulse and cause me to sweat unnaturally. I have been taking benzo's all day to counteract this damn suboxone. The benzos come and go but the sub stays constant. I took an ambien at what should have been bed time and all it did is make me feel somewhat normal for a couple of hours.

You have to be on a steady maitenance type of treatment or doing subs for long period. In beginning they gave me energy but 3 years later it was just like dope. Mixing benzos with it is probably the worst thing you can do to yourself. Ya its fun and feel great but someday when you dont have both prepare for hell.

Why does suboxone seem like a stimulant to me? I probably take it 2 or 3 times a month as well as IV heroin 2 or 3 times a month and subs act the same as heroin at a very low dose. They actually elevate my blood pressure, quicken my pulse and cause me to sweat unnaturally. I have been taking benzo's all day to counteract this damn suboxone. The benzos come and go but the sub stays constant. I took an ambien at what should have been bed time and all it did is make me feel somewhat normal for a couple of hours.

All opiates stimulate me. Suboxone is definitely more selectively stimulating.

The combo benzo/sub obviously has more sedating euphoric effects which is why soo many people like me have issues now. Subs if taken in multiple doses over long period for me turned into a drowsey nod effect at night. In the day it would give me energy as well as pain relief as chronic pain patient. The pharmacies in my area are not carrying the generics and doctors are horribly misinformed on this treatment they supposed to be specializing in. More training and less stigma needs to be placed on sub usage. Would the public rather have maniacs going nutts for dope or cheap generic alternative to effectively treat opiate tolerance? Not sure who to ask about that or how any changes could be made. I was literally forced off subs due to red tape bs insurance issues, price tag because nobody has generics. After all that I now volnerable to dope relapse and? ???you name it, could go real bonkers. Trying to maintain sanity but also looking at moving to a state where sub use isnt looked at with such judgement and stigma.

The combo benzo/sub obviously has more sedating euphoric effects which is why soo many people like me have issues now. Subs if taken in multiple doses over long period for me turned into a drowsey nod effect at night. In the day it would give me energy as well as pain relief as chronic pain patient. The pharmacies in my area are not carrying the generics and doctors are horribly misinformed on this treatment they supposed to be specializing in. More training and less stigma needs to be placed on sub usage. Would the public rather have maniacs going nutts for dope or cheap generic alternative to effectively treat opiate tolerance? Not sure who to ask about that or how any changes could be made. I was literally forced off subs due to red tape bs insurance issues, price tag because nobody has generics. After all that I now volnerable to dope relapse and? ???you name it, could go real bonkers. Trying to maintain sanity but also looking at moving to a state where sub use isnt looked at with such judgement and stigma.
Let's not forget how crazy people get when they're high (like actually pretty high) on suboxone. definitely the most irritable opiate I've seen

Ime its totally safe as long as you have an opiate tolerance. Otherwise could be bad.

Seriously you know of people flippin out on subs? Never heard of that but my dumbass doctor try to convince me children were rapidly dying from eating parents subs because it tasted like candy. I like first off if you eat subs it doesnt work or get absorbed in stomache. He try real hard sell on the films which I hated. Had to tripple my dosage to get same effect of 2mg tab. I remember first day on subs and just feeling awkward on 4mg. I guess non tolerants would or could flip on subs, specially if sniffed.

Seriously you know of people flippin out on subs? Never heard of that but my dumbass doctor try to convince me children were rapidly dying from eating parents subs because it tasted like candy. I like first off if you eat subs it doesnt work or get absorbed in stomache. He try real hard sell on the films which I hated. Had to tripple my dosage to get same effect of 2mg tab. I remember first day on subs and just feeling awkward on 4mg. I guess non tolerants would or could flip on subs, specially if sniffed.

Yeah with non tolerant people and also my mom... even though she is tolerant.

Its scary how diff each treatment can effect a person. Doctors dont know how to treat really, just guessing. Here try this dose and if you still alive come back and pay again next week. I still finding benzo taper way harder than subs but thats old news. Symptoms just pop up out of nowhere.

Ive just recently quit subs but was taking 2mg subs n the morning and 2mg around 5pm. then at night id take about 2mg of xanax and i wouuld be fine, no problems

My suboxone doctor RX'd me 3.5mg klonopin per day + 10mg ambien and I know lots of other patients and other suboxone dr's that have no qualms about rxing benzos and bupe at same time

It says right in the package insert that if you have a tolerance to either opiates or benzos you can still use benzos. My friend's doc prescribed 24mg sub and .5mg Xanax, although I think he is a quack for prescribing that much sub

I wondering where those doctors are and how long til they get in trouble. Trust me have seen free scripting doc's go buyee, have a nice trip. They really not supposed to do that and only compounding your condition with a new symptom-the extremely addictive benzo/sub combo. I don't think its dangerous in tolerant patients as far as death. It will put you in bad predicament, not if its when. Insomnia and pain are tough to treat. Some doc's throwing meds in the air and wave them like you just dont care lol. Dont do it please, let my horrors be an example. Tapering off both is hell and the day will come. Nobody can stay on it for life.

I was good with my maintenance program for the first few years. Then, my girlfriend was prescribed Xanax and started splitting it with me. I was ok with that for the first year, but the last year on it, it was bad. I knew that the amount of Buprenorphine I was taking had no real effect on me, but I kept snorting it with alprazolam. I'd go crazy the first two weeks, make us run out of all 3 prescriptions, and then, I would do it all over again. Some days I would be doing 40mg Buprenorphine(beyond retarded) with up to 20mg of Alprazolam...Even then, I would be bouncing off the walls. Alprazolam never got me tired nor would any opiate. I don't know how I didn't go back out and get dope or one of the oxy's. I've managed to hold on to 5 Subutex for the past 7 months, and if I ever want to venture back out, I know 100ug would easily get me going..probably would be a wise thing not to mix Alprazolam with it again at this point. To me, that was the best high I've gotten, besides LSD.

Regardless of tolerance, it is still unwise. Death is very possible.

Not sure why this thread was revived though for no reason...

Its important thread considering people are actually being scribed both subs/benzo even when doctors have to know its bad mix. I was even naieve to its combo effect until recently stopping subs. Its really hard quitting one or the other, specially at same time. If more people know about the impending hell when they come off less would choose to do both. Its also hard for me to preach about this considering its one of my favorite combos of all time. My advise and experience is stop the subs first, then deal with benzos. They going to take longer and harder to quit.

Regardless of tolerance, it is still unwise. Death is very possible.

Not sure why this thread was revived though for no reason...

This thread was revived because people are debating and saying that it is not unwise and death is very unlikely.

Common sense...

Its really hard to say to be honest. I did the mix for 8 years no problem. Some young healthy kid with a tolerance does it and never wakes up. I been to couple funerals for this, 24 year old, one was 31. Its impossible to predict anyones experience, too many variables. My problem is this four hour dose mentality that started way back 15 years ago on percs. I had to dose every four hours. That stuck with me and still a problem. Even long half life meds like ox80s, klons, every 4 hours. Recently I address the problem and now stretching it way out like 8-12 hours. Seems to be working, trying to focus on the fact that these meds are supposed to last a long time. Even on long acting sub tabs I insuf every four hours. That def had to stop. I dont know if anyone else has the four hour problem but if you do you fucked for real. Need to slow it down, take it easy enjoy the long half life. Save alot of money and lower tolerance.

After reading all of the posts regarding doctor's misinformation on suboxone and benzos, I have to agree. From my own personal experiences with health care workers including mostly doctors, I myself, have gone through all of this sentiment that just surprises me, especially coming from supposedly educated doctors. First of all, they are literally scared to prescribe anything that's classified or scheduled. Secondly, like the above posters have said, they do spout out illogical and even sometimes irrational phrases while talking to me, the patient. For example, I've had doctors tell me that klonopin is a safer and better pill than any other benzo in its class, which is total bull. It just seems like they're quick to jump on the bandwagon of safety and panic over legitimate treatment for legitimate conditions such as anxiety. It just bothers me that the stigma caused by people abusing these medicines seems to be overtaking these dr's analysis of patients who really need these meds, like me. Where I'm from in NJ, if you mention Xanax to these doctors, they quickly try to push anti depressants onto you without hearing your case for anxiety management. It's a shame really.

^^
I've experienced the exact same thing.

My horrible ex-"doctor" literally denied me treatment for two years, before she got tired of me and I (thank god) got pushed onto a real psychiatrist. I never asked for anything from her! SHE prescribed me Adderall, and it worked so well, I literally begged her to keep me on it. She wouldn't hear it. She had in her head that I was just some drug addict drug seeking.

So she gave me horrible drugs for anxiety. None of which worked. I literally tried everything - Seroquel, Risperdal, Hydroxazine, Clonidine, Propranolol, Trazodone, Doxepin, Mirtazepine. You name it, I've been on it.

The whole time I was trying these, I was still having horrible panic attacks once every 3 days, and mania. It was the worst thing I've ever had to experience. They got so bad that I went to the ER. I was very honest about my history of minor drug abuse, told them my doctor wasn't helping me, and you know what the first thing the doctor said to me there was? "Have you ever been on Ativan?" Just goes to show, the bitch I was seeing had no idea what she was doing. He gave me a 30 day script of Ativan and it was absolutely amazing at how well it worked.

I told her about it, and she FLIPPED out. Called the doctor who prescribed it to me - saying that I had lied about my drug use and that I was drug seeking or something. Funny thing was, I had already told him everything and he told her that he thought Ativan was a great fit for me.

When all she was, is a "nurse-practitioner" - I really don't know how she could have the gaul to call a legitimate PSYCHIATRIST, with a PhD in the subject I might add, and tell him that he was wrong.

What a fucking bitch. If I ever saw her again, I'd take my greasy, plumber, italian cock and whack her across the fucking face!