• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Is it REALLY that bad to mix suboxone and benzos?

ButchersDaughter

Bluelighter
Ok, I searched for topics about this to avoid starting a new thread, but didn't really find the answer I was looking for.

Question is simply: is it REALLY FORBIDDEN to take a 2mg klonopin with a 2mg bupe?

I tried to quit heroin cold turkey, and though I made it through the first 24 hours without suboxone, I can't physically handle the withdrawals - and the anxiety - anymore.
So I took a klonopin, and it didn't help AT ALL. I NEED a suboxone RIGHT NOW, but my dr urged me, very sternly, to not mix bupe and benzos, or "I would seriously fucking die".

Please tell me that's not true, cause I've been anxious, and sweating, shivering, and having muscle spasms and (TMI alert: ) "the trots".

So please - and I sincerely apologize for even ASKING for help ASAP - but...

Can I take a 2mg bupe after a 2mg klonopin? And probably another 1mg klono, cause this pill ain't doin' shit...

thanks!!

I strongly suggest you wait at least an hour before redosing. Benzos take about an hour to kick in, and many people do themselves in and overdose because the effects of the benzos don't kick in for an hour, so they redose over and over, and don't realize they took too much until its way too late.

Please proceed with caution. It's very hard to overdose on just benzos or opiates themselves. I know with benzos you can take up to 20 times a recommended dosage and not die - altohugh you will black out and may go unconscious, benzos are pretty hard to kill yourself on. It's when you mix things that things go disastrous, and taking just one shot of alcohol or a pill of codeine will lead to death guaranteed with taking a high dose of benzos.

My point is just wait an hour, at least, before redosing with benzos. I suggest you wait 2 hours, and if nothing comes still, you can dose as you feel appropriate. Benzos take a while to kick in, please don't do yourself in because you redose, not aware it simply hasn't kicked in yet.

Again, please don't kill yourself. Benzos take at least an hour to kick in to their full effect. You may have taken enough, and it just hasn't realized itself yet. Many people die and overdose because they think they didn't do enough, and then an hour later they black out.

That's what happened to me. In fact, I only remember taking 3 pills. I woke up 2 days later, after, from what I'm told, taking 20 pills and a trip to the ER.

if you have a slight tolerance to benzos and subutex/subuxone.... then no you will not die....

p.s. klonopin is long lasting.. it also takes fairly long to kick in... wait anotheer hour or so...

Thanks, Theo - but it's actually been at least 3 hours since I took the benzo.

(I took it 10min before watching Fight Club for the 10th time, and it's been at least 30 min since I finished the film and began my research...)

So scratch the redosing altogether; is it safe to even TAKE the bupe, 3 hours after taking a benzo?

phatass said:
if you have a slight tolerance to benzos and subutex/subuxone.... then no you will not die....

p.s. klonopin is long lasting.. it also takes fairly long to kick in... wait anotheer hour or so...

usually, half a mg of klonopin will put me right to sleep. However, lately I HAVE been taking more.
It's probably worth mentioning I did some coke before taking the klon, so its sedative effects are a bit curbed. but still, even after a massive coke binge, klonopin ALWAYS works its magic on me.

As far as bupe - it's been months since my last attempt. but I AM on a 6 bags of heroin a day schedule here, so... any advice is VERY MUCH appreciated.

Thanks again!

Stay slow with dosages, even more so with no tolerance.

Just be cautious and avoid alcohol as well.

center said:
Stay slow with dosages, even more so with no tolerance.

Just be cautious and avoid alcohol as well.

Thanks! I'm not a big drinker at all, and haven't had a sip today.
I'm VERY opiate tolerant - my benzo tolerance however, is pretty low. A 2mg klonopin (or for instance, a quarter bar of xanax!) is the most I'll take, and that's IF AND ONLY IF a lower dosage doesn't work. Like... tonight. :/

when i started bupe i was Rx'd

8mg suboxone / day + 3mg klonopin a day

now i'm o:

0.5mg suboxone a day + 20mg valium + 20mg ambien

and i'll usually have a beer or two as well, but i have a high benzo and z-drug tolerance... i think 2mg suboxone + 2mg klonopin should be alright for you... start with 1 of the klonopin if you're not sure tho...

yes it is that bad when you take benzo's with suboxone, and the w/d's are even worse than it would be if you we're just on sub.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm not sure what your doc is goin on about but when I mixed bupe and benzos it wasn't even a good synergy, they didn't mix effects at ALL. I can't tell you what it did to my breathing or anything but it really didn't have a heavy body load at all. I know of other people who have mixed reasonable doses of benzos and bupe without incident as well.

i take a line of suboxone and a xanax bar and i'm fucking good soooo..... yes please take the clonopin

^ do you ever get a headache from snorting bupe?

but i don't think low dose benzos + suboxone is bad, if you mix alcohol it could get very bad. or high doses of benzos and alcohol.

^^snorting generic subutex 8mg is fine... i think its the coloring stuff/filler they use for subuxone which is bad... maybe... never tried... probably depends on the person...

^^^ my girl always gets bad headaches from snorting the orange ones.......

the price u pay for bioavailability ;)

The respiratory depression induced by buprenorphine is not very profound, but it certainly does cause respiratory depression (although it reaches an asymptote/ceiling). There are some dangers associated with mixing benzos and buprenorphine, but far less than most other potent opioids, and its almost entirely dose dependent. Few people have actually died from the combination, and it is far more likely to die from mendelsons (asphyxiation on your vomit) than to seccumb to true respiratory depression in this specific case (but yes, death = death).

Work your way up from .5mg to see how truly additive the effects are....

^ I like that post.
Bupe + benzos can't be that bad. My bupe doc gives me 2 different benzos with my bupe script, and has never once warned me about dangers of the two interacting.
Negro put it right though - no one here can tell you if that would be safe for you. What can you handle? To start safely, try less and work your way up.

uhhhh. Its perfectly fine to mix benzo's and bupe. Just as long as your not taking a whole bunch. This really only pertains to addicts, because you have a tolerance. If you dont have a tolerance, i wouldnt suggest taking 8mg of suboxone and a 2mg of xanax. at which point it could potentially cause some problems.

2mg of sub and 2mg of klonopin will be fine

2mg of sub is barely anything most people take at least 8mg and still take benzos with it

ugh...bupe + benzos is not going to kill you unless you have no opiate tolerance and no benzo tolerance. It seems you have a tolerance to both so just don't go crazy high with the doses and you should be fine. 2+2 should be fine.