• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: notsmokeymcpot42088 | RUC4

Imodium with kratom.

NAC/Agmatine absolutely helps in this regards but the problem is it kills any buzz I usually get from coffee, nicotine, pot etc for around 30 hours. I'm hoping this doesnt do that?
Agmatine is also a supplement I would highly advise for a lot of withdrawals. More effective for things like alcohol and benzo withdrawal but it also works for others.

NAC can also be highly useful, I just don't recommend it for everyone because like you mentioned, it has a long half life and will blunt the euphoric dopamine effect of most drugs. Also eventually feels like an antipsychotic if you take it daily and zaps any joy out of everything. Rather potent mood stabilizer on par with some pharmaceuticals.
 
Everybody is going to hate me but no, loperamide in doses lower than toxic for adult human won't potentiate anything except opioid constipation.
Loperamide is great tool for opioid withdrawals but it is definitelly not safe cns acting opioid ( well, it can be cns active but it has trouble to get into the brain ).
And in extreme doses it is surprisingly lethal. And not nice " nod and never wake up " kind of death. Cardiovascular issues.
 
So i relapsed on kratom for 4 weeks and bought some imodium just incase i get mild withdrawals but it got me thinking does imodium potentiate kratom? Has anybody tried taking kratom after using imodium? if so what was your experience?
You're clearly young and opioid naieve and while you wont listen, keep it tuay way. Lope will not potentiate kratom. All potentiators people talk about are mostly bullshit for what we all intend it for. Kratom gives me withdrawls after one day of usage but ive also been an opioid addict since I was 11 and im now 28 so kindling effect plays a big role in that im sure. If youre worried about the wds find some habapentin or get some kava online and maybe take 20mg of lope for 3 days then stop but careful if you have issues with your heart at all I'd advise against the lope
 
Never mind I just read your DLPA

Agmatine is also a supplement I would highly advise for a lot of withdrawals. More effective for things like alcohol and benzo withdrawal but it also works for others.

NAC can also be highly useful, I just don't recommend it for everyone because like you mentioned, it has a long half life and will blunt the euphoric dopamine effect of most drugs. Also eventually feels like an antipsychotic if you take it daily and zaps any joy out of everything. Rather potent mood stabilizer on par with some pharmaceuticals.
Augmatine does jack shit for actual withdrawls dude. Neither will dlpa maybe during the PAWS but not acute. I feel like youre just regurgitating what you read on reddit bc that's the only place I see people constantly mentioning these two specefically.
 
Augmatine does jack shit for actual withdrawls dude.
I respectfully disagree. It is a fairly modest effect, not something people should rely on for severe withdrawal.. it's not going to stop tremors, seizures, or feel like MAT. However it is palpably effective beyond placebo in my experience. Particularly for alcohol and benzo withdrawals.

This is not just anecdotal, and I am not regurgitating reddit shit either;



Overall I found the pharmacological effect to be remarkably similar to Acamprosate (RX only), with agmatine being less selective and having a few mild side effects (mostly only noticeable in high or repeated doses)
 
Augmatine does jack shit for actual withdrawls dude. Neither will dlpa maybe during the PAWS but not acute. I feel like youre just regurgitating what you read on reddit bc that's the only place I see people constantly mentioning these two specefically.

Not everyone is on the levels of drugs other people are on. For kratom leaf used every few days it does in fact make a difference. I've done it multiple times. If we're talking about someone cold turkeying a fent habit then yes you would be correct.
 
Not everyone is on the levels of drugs other people are on. For kratom leaf used every few days it does in fact make a difference. I've done it multiple times. If we're talking about someone cold turkeying a fent habit then yes you would be correct.
I've used it for just kratom and again it didnt do jack. Im aware everyone responds differently but once again this is mostly just a supplement being blown way out of proportion by the spazs who love to frequent reddit and cry wolf all the time or claim they got magic beans. If you have an actual habit of any kind to even yes kratom powder its not dling.jack. if youre only.dosing plain leaf every few days that's not really a habit nor are you getting actual withdrawls that augmentin would help with and rather just rebound symptoms.


Unless your habit is 60mg codeine per day safe to say it aint doing much of anything at all and if youre on bluelight there's a pretty solid chance your habit ain't small unless youre one of the recent spazzs from reddit who in recent years started infecting bluelight with their nonsense. If it worked for you great but 99% of people will not notice one bit of difference.
 
Last edited:
I've used it for just kratom and again it didnt do jack. Im aware everyone responds differently but once again this is mostly just a supplement being blown way out of proportion by the spazs who love to frequent reddit and cry wolf all the time or claim they got magic beans. If you have an actual habit of any kind to even yes kratom powder its not dling.jack. if youre only.dosing plain leaf every few days that's not really a habit nor are you getting actual withdrawls that augmentin would help with and rather just rebound symptoms.


Unless your habit is 60mg codeine per day safe to say it aint doing much of anything at all and if youre on bluelight there's a pretty solid chance your habit ain't small unless youre one of the recent spazzs from reddit who in recent years started infecting bluelight with their nonsense. If it worked for you great but 99% of people will not notice one bit of difference.

So I see your posts and what you're dealing with. For someone taking between 250-500mg of mgm a day, I think you already know the list of things that will actually help.

Benzos, gabapentin/lyrica, clonidine, kratom plain leaf, Imodium or a taper.

That's literally it. I didn't even include SR even though by the frequent case reports it probably works.

But what I wrote is it. If simplified even more. Benzo, gabapentin/lyrica and clonidine. Combining all three will certainly make you more comfortable while you detox and won't introduce any other opiate.
 
So I see your posts and what you're dealing with. For someone taking between 250-500mg of mgm a day, I think you already know the list of things that will actually help.

Benzos, gabapentin/lyrica, clonidine, kratom plain leaf, Imodium or a taper.

That's literally it. I didn't even include SR even though by the frequent case reports it probably works.

But what I wrote is it. If simplified even more. Benzo, gabapentin/lyrica and clonidine. Combining all three will certainly make you more comfortable while you detox and won't introduce any other opiate.
I mean I've had plenty of other solid suggestions but yes those are the typical ones. Plain leaf kratom won't do jack for 7oh wd let alone mgm
Lyrica helps a lot but I couldnt work still.
There's a lot more that could be had
 
Not everyone is on the levels of drugs other people are on. For kratom leaf used every few days it does in fact make a difference. I've done it multiple times. If we're talking about someone cold turkeying a fent habit then yes you would be correct.
Also I never asked you for a suggestion bud youre in the wrong forum lol
 
Not everyone is on the levels of drugs other people are on. For kratom leaf used every few days it does in fact make a difference. I've done it multiple times. If we're talking about someone cold turkeying a fent habit then yes you would be correct.
You're one of the reddit spazzs I mentioned I bet you seem awfully salty
 
Agmatine had no effect on kratom withdrawal in my experience, which is mediated by dopamine. I did find it to modestly potentiate 7oh, but only for a few doses, then it turns into headaches and anxiety.

However, it's quite remarkable for mild to moderate alcohol withdrawal. My favorite use.
 
Agmatine had no effect on kratom withdrawal in my experience, which is mediated by dopamine. I did find it to modestly potentiate 7oh, but only for a few doses, then it turns into headaches and anxiety.

However, it's quite remarkable for mild to moderate alcohol withdrawal. My favorite use.
Thank you. It's a joke for any type of opiate wd
 
Hey @Ozymandeus :)

First off, welcome to the forums man. We are lucky and happy to have you. In this day and age, junkies are being replaced by robots just like how Elon Musk replaced my children with robots. I can't complain, because my new children hear everything, even my thoughts.

I know you are new and you have opinions and beliefs you want to share. Like I tell a lot of folks on here, we really thrive only when we run entirely on facts and reason. I'm not saying life entire has to be about cold hard facts. This is often a life and death business we are dealing in, especially when it comes to our Opioid users. Regardless of what the information is, if it is not factually correct or if it is actually an opinion, we can't state it as if it is factual. That's how shit goes off the rails. Bluelight exists because in the before time, recreational drug knowledge was almost nothing but conjecture.

This place exists to give accurate information, especially in the Harm Reduction forums.

That being said, you've definitely dropped a lot of information in this thread. I understand you have done some reading and maybe have some opinions that you have formed based on said reading/personal experience. It's important to note that some of your arguments are not necessarily factually or a bit dubious.

Your argument that Opioid withdrawal is concerned more with Dopamine depletion than with the Opioid receptors is kind of an incomplete statement and almost erroneous and unnecessary for our discussion. It doesn't really serve to interject that statement and then argue it, when it is at best dubious and at worst just doesn't really make sense. I'm not insulting you either. I totally get where you're coming from with this. Yes, Dopamine is involved in many, many of the processes of the brain, our emotions and our reactions to drugs/withdrawal. You will find neurotransmitters like dopamine ubiquitously when discussing nearly any aspect of human behavior.

It is erroneous to say that the MOR is not responsible for withdrawal. I don't know what led you to make that statement, but you have to understand that it is antithetical to essentially everything that we know and understand about how Opioids work. It's okay to be wrong, but the fact that you're willing to argue the point further made me feel I had to say something.

Regarding the use of stuff like Agmatine for withdrawal...

You are showing the research stating it works. I will tell you right now that those research studies do not always reflect the real-world results, especially when there are real addicts with real habits involved. It is one thing to say that something "has a positive effect" and an entirely different one for a person in withdrawal to say "I felt great afterward". For a person in withdrawal, 10% better isn't good enough. 20% better isn't good enough and honestly, I know something like Agmatine isn't making a sick junkie any better than that 20% on a great day with pigs flying through the sky.

I have read plenty on N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) and in fact take it myself, specifically to help with my Lupus symptoms among other hopeful benefits. I know that it, like Agmatine have been demonstrated to have positive effects on withdrawal among many other conditions.

Again, there is a major difference between something you take that will HELP you get better if taken daily and something that will make a person "well" or even "close to well". I can tell you, nobody with a severe habit ever had high-dose Agmatine/NAC relieve them of their withdrawal. I feel it's worthwhile to take as an adjunct as it might help lead to a better outcome, but these are not standalone treatments for withdrawal.

You throw a lot of personal experience and opinion in the mix. Someone who didn't know better who thought he could treat his Fentanyl withdrawal with Agmatine/NAC from the supermarket because he read it on Bluelight is going to be pissed.

I welcome you to the forums buddy. Please just be cognizant that people really depend on you, me and everyone else here to give them the best information we can. Take the time and think about your posts. I've made tons of mistakes here on Bluelight I can tell you about sometime over cognac and cigars.
 
Of course not @Ozymandeus I happen to be 35 years young myself, hardly new. I meant new to the forums buddy. Welcome and thanks. I mean no disrespect to you man. We are a community here and there is never anything personal. I get corrected all the time. I had to learn the rules and the flow of everything back when I joined. It's a learning process, I just hope you know I respect you and appreciate you being here.
 
Of course not @Ozymandeus I happen to be 35 years young myself, hardly new. I meant new to the forums buddy. Welcome and thanks. I mean no disrespect to you man. We are a community here and there is never anything personal. I get corrected all the time. I had to learn the rules and the flow of everything back when I joined. It's a learning process, I just hope you know I respect you and appreciate you being here.
I'm not new to the forums :) used to mod along side you
 
Top