European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

"I'm afraid you didn't get 15pts" - EADD Benefits Thread

monstanoodle

Bluelight Crew

Just had a call saying that I'm fit for work, even though a few weeks ago my GP said these exact words:
"Well, you're certainly not able to work right now are you?" (rhetorical)

Just as I was making progress in my life, just as I was taking steps towards a positive future, they're going to cut the ties.
Will I be able to afford all my medication + food etc? No.
I've two choices - Appeal, which will take up to 6 months. Or sign on to JSA while we're in a fucking double-dip recession and I'm unable to work.
Even if I were able to work, what fucking jobs are there out there? What qualifications do I have that will aid toward a job?

Ended up in tears after the call. Now I'm caining wine and waiting for my friend to arrive with a bag of gear that I've had bought for me because I've done so well not drinking.
So tonight I'm going to get royally fucked up and likely try appeal... I had to do it once under the old system and it was fucking harrowing - Shaking and all sorts. And I can't imagine doing so under the "new system" will be any easier.

Watched a Panorama about it last night and some guy with heart failure died while appealing. I've thought about ending my life because of this but I don't want to hurt and upset those I love and who love me.
So, I'm going to try appeal.

* If you can't be arsed to read this then just share your own woes over this new, "better" system.

Shit man that's outrageous . Get on the appeal quick as they are making all of us appeal 1st time round to try n weed out the real fraudsters

It's a diabolic state of affairs i'm to scarred to watch the Panorama programme .
Much luv man .

My mum, is unfit to work, as told and well documented by her doctor, yet she was deemed to be able to sign on and look for work, by those ATOS bastards.

She even lost her appeal, and is absolutely distraught. Im doing all I can to find a way around this. It's a fucking disgrace.

I feel your pain Monsta.

What is it that's wrong with your Monsta if you don't mind me asking?

I hope your being sincere Spade cos given your history & attitude you seem to have a problem with people getting Sick Benefit or maybe it's just me you have a problem with ?

Maybe you're paranoid brimz, don't you think half of BL has a problem with you? Or are you still upset because I said you must look homeless if a random guy in tesco handed you a fiver for recommending some cider to him? It was only a joke, calm down.

Clearly I have thought of it as I just suggested you were.

I have a mate who was told he was fit to work despite not being able to stand up straight, see here. They said he could do a sitting down job.

Stop derailing Monsta thread Brimz.

Monsta if you get forced to go on JSA and there's no jobs, you've got no experience / qualifications that would get you job and you are physically unable to work then you surely won't get a job anyway so you'd just get your JSA money and wouldn't actually have to work. What would be the difference between then and now?

I'm not having a dig as Brimz seems to think btw.

JSA is less money & he would still be forced to look for work & if after a while he couldn't find one then they would put futher sanctions in place

It's to complex to explain you can look it up on Direct Gov.

Aren't they planning to make all benefits, unemployed & disability etc the same soon anyway? One benefit, one payment or something? I read it somewhere I'm sure.

Indeed. I'm claiming JSA right now £71 a week. Once I've paid my debts to the bank I'm left with hardly anything. Thankfully I have no rent or bills to pay right now.

I'm surprised JSA and disability payment amounts are different. The Government claims that the JSA payment is a fair amount to live on (which it blatantly isn't) yet they give more to people who can't work (probably still not enough) so it shows that JSA isn't actually high enough.

Right atm you have
D.l.A which is Disability living allowance , Income support with 4 different premiums & Incapacity benefit.
They want to replace them all with E.S.A i believe.

And everyone will receive the same amount regardless of which benefit they claim or not?

I don't know .
Probably not but to get what you were previously getting seems unlikely .