• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

"I'm afraid you didn't get 15pts" - EADD Benefits Thread

Million £ wealthy elderly persons are getting Cold Weather Payments and such. And some MP cunt actually said that the poor have much less to loose with regards to the benefit cuts

Its absolutely awful that the government insist on universal benefits for the elderly so millions of very well off pensioners get a benefit they could absoutely do without, purely because they know that a much larger percentage of this demographic are active voters.

If no-one objects, can I suggest we ask a mod to start another thread and move all the debate posts into a thread of their own?

This thread is meant to be a support thread and a place where people can come and talk about their claims and situations, so it's not really helpful to have to wade through a huge political debate about entitlement or whatever.

I'm not whining about the debate itself, just its location.

<3

[edit]

MODs, I think there was a thread started way back, for this very reason actually, so maybe someone can find it?

Last edited:
End of the thread then, Marma?

Take your point but the only advice you can give recipients of what an earlier poster aptly described as a 'knockback' letter from ATOS is that a fair percentage of decisions are reversed on appeal. But it seems factored in many losers will find the stress exacerbates the very conditions that caused them to be on DLA in the first place and will be reluctant to put themselves through further pressure. Thus, they give up and the object of the exercise - the reduction of sickness benefit numbers - will be achieved. Anyone who complains it's unfair may be dismissed as a typical whining scrounger and the uninvolved show little interest; they're just glad it isn't their problem. Cynical politics and, as usual, it's the most vulnerable who suffer. Way of the times.

They're definitely trying to get people to just give up.

I spoke to someone on the phone & was told that if I appeal the ESA decision I can't claim JSA at the same time & having no money until the appeal was dealt with was my problem. Monsta has said that he's had to live off savings etc & was promised a sort of interim payment that he hasn't received.

I spoke to someone else today who sounded like he knew what he was talking about & actually seemed to be trying to give beneficial advice. He said that ESA would be re-instated at the amount it was previously until the appeal has been dealt with.

They give out all sorts of conflicting advice & having worked for a similar place in the past I'm not surprised. The DWP are notoriously incompetent, even more so than HMRC. I got to see first-hand what HMRCs incompetence is like, I can only imagine what the DWP must be like. Fuck knows who to believe but I'm inclined to believe the guy who hasn't tried to put me off appealing the ESA decision.

Fwiw, my claiming ESA isn't ripping anyone off imo (not that I really give a fuck :p). I meet the criteria to claim it. I am eligible for it. Yes, I am capable of work. I have been looking & applying for jobs even while claiming ESA. I'd rather claim ESA than JSA simply because I don't need or want the "help" that the job centre will give me in looking for a job & I don't want my claim stopped because I haven't applied for specific types of jobs (call centres) that various medical professionals have advised me to stay as far away from as possible. I don't get any more money on ESA than I would if I was on JSA.

^Yep, ESA is the same as JSA if you are living at home. I think it gets more if you are living independently, goes up by like 40 quid a week, nearly enough to live the 'welfare queen' lifestyle with big screen TV, luxury sofas, all the best things life can offer paid for by the taxes of the hardworking daily mail reader next door

With people on DLA, i applied while i was in hospital and just recieved confirmation that im eligible this morn but the letter said i would've been paid by now, so i rang up and they said they've suspended it until i send a letter saying when i got discharged and where i'm living now. Will this be it (just sent the letter) or will i have to jump through more hoops? & how long before i get the money now iv sent the letter? Running out of pasta & electric :(

^Yep, ESA is the same as JSA if you are living at home. I think it gets more if you are living independently, goes up by like 40 quid a week, nearly enough to live the 'welfare queen' lifestyle with big screen TV, luxury sofas, all the best things life can offer paid for by the taxes of the hardworking daily mail reader next door

It's not quite that much more (at least it ain't for me). My basic ESA is the same as I'd get on JSA but I get an additional £30/week in "disability premium" (or some such name) which takes it up to (theoretically) ~£100/week. In practice I don't see any of the extra cos it's all eaten up in deductions. Apparently the amount I get is non-standard though and is only cos I got that "disability premium" thingy when I was on IS previously. The extra is nice (or would be if I ever saw any of it... and I'm not sure what criteria you have to fill to get it either) but it also means I don't get any of the annual (tiny) raises that most folk get. Is a bit of an odd situation but I think it all basically works out so I get more or less the same as anybody else would on ESA.

They're definitely trying to get people to just give up.

I spoke to someone on the phone & was told that if I appeal the ESA decision I can't claim JSA at the same time & having no money until the appeal was dealt with was my problem. Monsta has said that he's had to live off savings etc & was promised a sort of interim payment that he hasn't received.

I spoke to someone else today who sounded like he knew what he was talking about & actually seemed to be trying to give beneficial advice. He said that ESA would be re-instated at the amount it was previously until the appeal has been dealt with.

They give out all sorts of conflicting advice & having worked for a similar place in the past I'm not surprised. The DWP are notoriously incompetent, even more so than HMRC. I got to see first-hand what HMRCs incompetence is like, I can only imagine what the DWP must be like. Fuck knows who to believe but I'm inclined to believe the guy who hasn't tried to put me off appealing the ESA decision.

Fwiw, my claiming ESA isn't ripping anyone off imo (not that I really give a fuck :p). I meet the criteria to claim it. I am eligible for it. Yes, I am capable of work. I have been looking & applying for jobs even while claiming ESA. I'd rather claim ESA than JSA simply because I don't need or want the "help" that the job centre will give me in looking for a job & I don't want my claim stopped because I haven't applied for specific types of jobs (call centres) that various medical professionals have advised me to stay as far away from as possible. I don't get any more money on ESA than I would if I was on JSA.
Fuuuuck PTC :( That's absolutely fuckin balls that they gave you such a run-around!
Really sorry mate, but I'm glad they've started the process for you to get the money you need while you await the appeal.

I got the date for my tribunal yesterday (earlyish August) actually.
But yes - On the front of receiving payment while I was "in the queue" so to speak - I sent them a sick note my GP gave me, but when I finally managed to get through to someone on the phone they said that I hadn't sent it.
I said "...But I did send you it...", and she said "Well, you haven't..." :|

So I had to go to the JC (with more Diazepam in my system than usual) and spoke to someone there. Ended up having to get another sick note from my GP (who commented on the fact that I'd already sent one) and sent it again.
It took about 3 weeks but eventually I got the payments.

And ESA will be completely different from what I was on, there'll be meetings addressing how to get back to work after not having done for a long time, and I really hope that helps me out. I'm going to have to take more Diazepam for the first few sessions I think, and I've still about a year to wait for therapy because of my local general practice is being rebuilt.

But yeah, they've made things stupidly difficult and having people chasing their own tails - regardless of the sort of benefits you were on - practically purposefully.
Had a call from the person who was going to go with me to the tribunal but is not anymore due to me being a fucking dick, and I remember stating to the JC that this will not be the case, but I need to do this again as well apparently.

And with my phone's mic or something being fucked, I have to wait until my ma's back to use her phone to call the tribunal people (I think so anyway, could be the JC or both) to say that this is not the case anymore.

**Sighs**

Monsta, unless you are very secure in your claim for ESA, it might be beneficial for you to turn up without the benzos. I assume that you come across as more anxious without the diaz, so if you turn up all calm, collected, confident & composed, they might think 'there's nothing wrong with this guy'.

I probably could have phrased this better, but I hope it makes sense, and i hope you know what I mean.

EDIT: Ive just discovered I'm entitled to contributory based JSA.

NO fucker at the job centre explained that to me. Even the citizens advice bureau gave me the wrong information. I'm pissed off to say the least. This is gonna be one fuck of a mess for them to sort out.

Im just gonna plead confusion, stupor, and stupidity (shouln't be too hard) on my behalf for any awkward questions that would stitch myself up otherwise. This is due to information I have told them in the past.

Last edited:
The problem with the DWP is that they always give out the wrong information when you're trying to find help.

It's probably worth phoning them 3 times at least for every single piece of information you need to make any progress.

Definitely. Speak to several different people at the DWP and at least one advice centre to have any hope of getting the "right" answer to any query.

Sounds like the voices of personal experience above.

This fuck up has cost me thousands. I've only received about £191 of benefits since I resigned in February. They say I'll be very lucky to get any backdated payments. I have the Benefits agency and Citizens Advice Bureau to thank. But i should have done my own independent research too.

TBH I was a bit/ a lot fucked up and out of control at that time, so I didnt really have the proper focus to follow that up.

Thank Fuck I had that bit of good fortune with my bitcoins increasing their value 14 fold. I think I'm just about breaking even thanks to Bitcoin.

Monsta, unless you are very secure in your claim for ESA, it might be beneficial for you to turn up without the benzos. I assume that you come across as more anxious without the diaz, so if you turn up all calm, collected, confident & composed, they might think 'there's nothing wrong with this guy'.

I probably could have phrased this better, but I hope it makes sense, and i hope you know what I mean.

EDIT: Ive just discovered I'm entitled to contributory based JSA.

NO fucker at the job centre explained that to me. Even the citizens advice bureau gave me the wrong information. I'm pissed off to say the least. This is gonna be one fuck of a mess for them to sort out.

Im just gonna plead confusion, stupor, and stupidity (shouln't be too hard) on my behalf for any awkward questions that would stitch myself up otherwise. This is due to information I have told them in the past.
I know what you mean man.... Yeah, I should just take my recommended dose and they can note that I'm fucking flipping out inside about the whole ordeal regardless :\
And aye it makes absolute sense mate - No worries :)

Re: Edit - It doesn't surprise me in the least that they didn't let you know at all without you finding out for yourself, even though it's fucking WANKERISH TO THE Nth DEGREE!!!!! :X
But I'm surprised that the CAB didn't let you know... Makes me feel all conspiracy about where / from whom their donations are coming from :sus:
And also, YES! - I've felt completely out of the loop, not knowing exactly what's going on and not understanding things completely at all.
Plus then you've got the problems of feeling like that when it comes to so many forms of... well.... forms and evidence requirements and all that shit... Uhhhhhrrrrrruuuuurgggg :|

The problem with the DWP is that they always give out the wrong information when you're trying to find help.

It's probably worth phoning them 3 times at least for every single piece of information you need to make any progress.
Definitely. Speak to several different people at the DWP and at least one advice centre to have any hope of getting the "right" answer to any query.
Yeah I'm going to have to borrow someone's phone so I can get in touch with all Depts. that I need to get in touch with again, and make sure they fucking put it in the computer database!!! :!

Jeeeez it's really making me get my :sus: on...

:sus: :sus: :sus: :sus:

Fuuuuck PTC :( That's absolutely fuckin balls that they gave you such a run-around!
Really sorry mate, but I'm glad they've started the process for you to get the money you need while you await the appeal.

That was last year mate lol. I'm not claiming giro any more.

feeling quite pleased with myself. managed to get someone I know their dla car back after it was tooken from them. The key is never give up with these bastards and complain about them. Unfortunately its not like a no win no fee thing where you may get compensation if they fuck up your claim . last year they had me so stressed out. I got everything of them that they promised and then tried to retract with perseverance.

The key is never give up with these bastards and complain about them.

It really is. They seem to just assume they'll get away with fukkin people around and giving them shonky info cos they know fine well that hardly anybody can be arsed to stick with it, chase 'em up, double and triple (and quadruple) check everything they say and then go through the various complaints procedures if needs be. I've always been pretty good at hounding the buggers and making complaints, appealing decisions and such. May as well - got plenty time on me hands :\

And nice job on getting that car back, PinkP :)

I tried to get through to HMC&TS 3 times today and waited either more or less (mostly more than) 20 minutes on hold.
I'm going to try again tomorrow morning (and afternoon) and hopefully talk to a real live human being - with puppet strings and everything - to sort stuff out.
But I'm not confident I'll get through to anyone by the time my free call minutes last :|