• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

"I'm afraid you didn't get 15pts" - EADD Benefits Thread

Shit man that's outrageous . Get on the appeal quick as they are making all of us appeal 1st time round to try n weed out the real fraudsters

It's a diabolic state of affairs i'm to scarred to watch the Panorama programme .
Much luv man .
Yea I was in a mess earlier but, after speaking with my very good friend and my ladyfriend, I'm going to go for the appeal.
The Panorama isn't bad actually - It's on the side of people who have serious problems and are not fit to work but are deamed so by these cunts:
A guy with heart failure died during his appeal! Utter cunts.

My mum, is unfit to work, as told and well documented by her doctor, yet she was deemed to be able to sign on and look for work, by those ATOS bastards.

She even lost her appeal, and is absolutely distraught. Im doing all I can to find a way around this. It's a fucking disgrace.

I feel your pain Monsta.
Fucking hell man I'm so sorry and really feel for your Mum. They said on Panorama prog that they're "not trying to meet targets".
Bull-Fucking-Shit:X
They are. They're just wanting to cut costs, not get people into work. As there's no work out there but there's money to be saved :|

What is it that's wrong with your Monsta if you don't mind me asking?
Even though I know you were jesting - you ginger cunt =D - Major, long-term Depression with Social Anxiety and Paranoia, General Anxiety, Suicidal Ideation and Insomnia / No discernible sleep pattern (and fuck loads of other comorbid conditions).

I really hope that anyone here or their friends / siblings / (Grand) parents who have to go through this shit end up being treated in a moral manner.

Anyway, I'm going to go get utterly fucked up tonight then start the process of appeal.

<3 Much love to everyone <3

I've got at least 4 of those problems you listed, can I sign off JSA and get more cash on disability? :D

Monsta if you get forced to go on JSA and there's no jobs, you've got no experience / qualifications that would get you job and you are physically unable to work then you surely won't get a job anyway so you'd just get your JSA money and wouldn't actually have to work. What would be the difference between then and now?

I'm not having a dig as Brimz seems to think btw.

I know yer not mate.
I honestly don't know because it's a new system.
I don't know if I'll be able to get my medications for free, I've now got to look at housing benefit seeing as I need to move out of this toxic environment at home, the amount of money would be significantly lowered.
So I may have just enough to buy some food and pay for the travel I'll need badly in the coming months but be utterly skint otherwise for things like going to see my Dad or getting back into social situations which is fantastic therapy for me.
Plus the money needed for travel to go to sign on every week :\

Monsta: appeal, for the love of god appeal. something like 50% of the appeals used to go through, and I'm sure it'll be a similar rate now too.

The guys doing the assessing are up on numerous fraud charges relating to other parts of their business and this too.
It's fucking insanely mad

Check this abhorent nonsense that was posted in the Guardian yesterday too:

Minister 'tried to censor' video aimed at helping disability claimants to appeal

Emails complain of 'tone' and 'negative comments' in official advice to people appealing against having benefit taken away

Video: see youtube for the original vid
The employment minister Chris Grayling has been accused of trying to censor a Ministry of Justice courts service information video that helps people appealing against decisions to remove their disability and sickness benefit.

Emails and letters between Grayling and MoJ civil servants, seen by the Guardian, appear to show Grayling wanted to remove parts of the educational video, produced by Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service, giving advice on how to be more successful in the appeals process. Emails from the minister's account complain about the video's "tone" and "negative comments" towards the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) even though the sections in dispute were agreed to be factually true.

The censorship allegations come after Channel 4's Dispatches programme on Monday alleged that Atos, the firm involved in medically assessing sickness and disability claims, had developed a target culture to ensure enough people were being taken off benefits. The BBC's Panorama, also aired on Monday, further questioned Atos's assessment procedures and found one case in which a man died of his serious heart condition five weeks after Atos found him fit to work for the second time. Hundreds of thousands of people have appealed against benefit decisions in the past few years and, according to the latest figures, about 30% are successful.

The Ccourts service video, which tells claimants to appear in person if they want to be twice as likely to win their appeal, remains offline and the MoJ appears to have instructed YouTube to pull down copies because of copyright infringement.

In the original video posting, senior appeals doctor Jane Parry tells viewers: "Whatever the outcome of your appeal, we hope that you find the appeals process clear, impartial and fair … we will do our very best to help you."

Complaining about the tone of the video, an email from Grayling's official ministerial account to MoJ officials on 19 March said: "A couple of times it's noted that a claimant is twice as likely to win their appeal if they turn up in person – again this is broadly true, but doesn't help to reduce the opinion that it isn't the facts of the case that are important, but the turning up in front of a tribunal and pleading their case."

In a series of ensuing emails, which have been redacted by freedom of information officers, MoJ officials wrote saying they would "temporarily remove the video" while the matter was investigated. Later that day emails from the minister's account described the video as "offending", adding: "I raised the things that jumped out as wrong or negative."

A further email from Grayling's office read: "I think for the moment we should wait to see what comments they [Ministry of Justice officials] come back with … it may be that we feel the whole tone of the video is wrong and could not be fixed." After the list of complaints from Grayling's office was sent to the Ministry of Justice, the department's parliamentary under-secretary, Jonathan Djanogly, wrote in a letter dated 5 April that he would instruct his officials to remove certain sections of the film even though the statements were not factually in dispute, and would run a copy of the future script of the courts service video past DWP staff.

When asked in a parliamentary question on 10 July by the former Labour Treasury minister Stephen Timms why the DWP had sought to remove the video, Grayling replied: "The department did not direct that the Ministry of Justice video about employment and support allowance appeals be removed from the website YouTube.

"We sought to correct factual inaccuracies within the video which we brought to the attention of MoJ officials who agreed to revise the content of the video."

After seeing the inter-departmental correspondence Timms told the Guardian the emails appeared to show Grayling's answer was wrong, adding that the government was "ignoring the needs of disabled people".

"Many people are finding they have to appeal against wrong decisions on their disability benefits. With cuts to legal aid, it will be harder in future for them to get help. Now DWP ministers are stopping people even from seeing a video that might help them, produced by the Ministry of Justice. They also appear to have given an incorrect answer to my parliamentary question. This looks like a department that is losing its grip and ignoring the needs of disabled people."

Neil Bateman, from the National Association of Welfare Rights Advisers, who filed the freedom of information request, said the video was typical of public information films produced by the MoJ but the "parts of the video which Chris Grayling objected to were all parts which claimants would find helpful". "There is the strong impression that this was a deliberate attempt to censor the video."

The MoJ courts service said: "We are currently reviewing all the information we provide to SSCS [social security courts service] tribunal users and whether a video is the most effective way of reaching our target audience.

"We want to ensure that we provide users with the latest, most accurate and useful information. We also need to ensure that the information reflects all the current DWP procedures, including changes they have recently introduced to their decision-making processes."

The spokesperson added that information for users was still available on the Ministry of Justice website and that the review of the video content was still "ongoing".

The DWP said the department's concerns were about "factual inaccuracies". "At no point did the department ask for the video to be taken down."

I know yer not mate.
I honestly don't know because it's a new system.
I don't know if I'll be able to get my medications for free, I've now got to look at housing benefit seeing as I need to move out of this toxic environment at home, the amount of money would be significantly lowered.
So I may have just enough to buy some food and pay for the travel I'll need badly in the coming months but be utterly skint otherwise for things like going to see my Dad or getting back into social situations which is fantastic therapy for me.
Plus the money needed for travel to go to sign on every week :\

Do you have anyone / organisation that could act as a Advocate ? Mind are good if you have mental health problems . Only problem is that cos of the situation they are getting over worked as are the C.A.B

It is still worth it though , i've never gone to a medical without an advocate present.

Right atm you have
D.l.A which is Disability living allowance , Income support with 4 different premiums & Incapacity benefit.
They want to replace them all with E.S.A i believe.

Hi brimz - hope you're alright. Know lots of people are worried about this and you're right things are changing. It's all a bit confused at the moment but my understanding of it is that there are basically three separate issues here:

1. Migration of Incapacity Benefit to ESA
2. Consolidation of different benefits into Universal Credit
3. Migration of DLA to PIP

Incapacity Benefit > ESA

This has been being migrated to Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) since 2011. This was due to finish in 2014. There are two main rates of ESA:

i. Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) - This is the group most people are in now. It's when you're found not fit for work, but fit for "work related activity". You'll need to attend Work Focused Interviews and possibly join the Work Programme.
ii. Support Group - This is the same as the old IB and you don't need to attend the Job Centre or any training. Really hard to get into this but of course does happen. Slightly more money than WRAG (think about a fiver a week more).

Also as no doubt you know Brimz but for the sake of completeness there is also contributions based ESA which you can get in addition to this if you have enough National Insurance payments (like with JSA).

Universal Credit

As you say, lots of benefits are now getting moved into Universal Credit (UC). This includes Housing Benefit, JSA, Incapacity Benefit and income-based ESA (but strangely not contributions based ESA) - as UC is due to be rolled out before the end of the ESA migration. Also includes Income Support as you say.

The UC is explained really well here: http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f55.htm

However, one thing which at the moment (thankfully) looks like is not going to happen is the inclusion of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) into this benefit. It will remain separate.

DLA to PIP

DLA is however being replaced with another payment, called Personal Independence Payment. The rates for this have not yet been set and the eligibility criteria still in draft. Again more info from the amazing Disability Rights UK: http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f60.htm

Monsta: whereabouts do you live? Do you know if there are any services you can access to help appeal like Citizens Advice? There's definitely a strategy to it. One thing you should absolutely do ASAP is write to DWP and request a copy of your ESA85. This is the document written by ATOS where they assess you against the descriptors and it explains how they came to the decision that they recommended. This assumes you had a medical in person. If not - you just filled in a form - then you want the ESA85A.

On Ch.5 The Wright Stuff this morning they read a headline from one of the newspapers that said that 32 people have died since being taken off sickness benefit and having to return to work.

I had a friend that committed Suicide when His D.L.A was withdrawn:|

this was years ago .

Is it true that the people who are making the decision on whether someone is fit to work or not are not actually medically trained? If that is the case then surely it should be Doctors making those types of decisions?

Slightly off topic but I know a guy who got signed off from his doctor recently and when he went into work to hand in his line his boss said he didn't accept his reason for being off sick and told him he wouldn't be paying him. Is that legal? I'd have thought a doctors word was final on whether you were fit to work or not.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but I know a guy who got signed off from his doctor recently and when he went into work to hand in his life his boss said he didn't accept his reason for being off sick and told him he wouldn't be paying him. Is that legal? I'd have thought a doctors word was final on whether you were fit to work or not.

That's a bit extreme.

It may be because if the bloke wanted company sick pay then the company does not have to pay it if they dont want to.
Company sick pay is paid at the companies discretion.Had the same thing at my old place of work.
Out of order though really if your doctor says you can't work.

Ah right, I didn't know that. Pretty shit if you're genuinely ill and can't work but they won't pay you.

I couldn't sign on the other week because my Mum was ill with cancer and there was nobody to look after her. Phoned up told them the situation and they asked me to get to the job centre by the end of the day if I could. My Mum took a turn for the worse and passed away 2 days later. About a week went by and I phoned the dole again and they said my claim was cancelled because I hadn't phoned them sooner. I couldn't control my anger on the phone, do they really think a jsa claim was my main priority when my Mother was seriously ill? Benefit system is a joke. My Mum and Dad were togther for 40 years until the day she died, he can't claim a funeral payment just because they wern't married!

^That is a fucking disgrace. Shows how the system is just a machine with no allowances made for the shit that happens in peoples lives once in a blue moon.
I feel sorry for you and the loss of your mother. Hope it all gets sorted out for you mate.

I suffer with depression, anxiety and terrible insomnia. I have been in full time employment since I was 18 and wouldn't dream of signing on.

According to the Panorama episode, people are appealing their appeal, which is a good sign that some will come out good this time around. I've asked my mum to see if she qualifies for legal aid, and then to get a legal beagle to help her through the process.

What people don't realize is, it's not just the sudden loss of your money that hurts, it's the sheer and utter depression, fear, and stress that comes with it. That in itself is awful enough.