• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol If You Drink, How Much?

My fiance on the other hand, drinks a whole case of beer everyday after work.

How long has he been doing this? You really cannot do this long. At least I couldn't. Once I got up to a case a day, within 2-3 years it was beyond out of control to the level I was fucking everything up. I was because of a job too oddly, heh. Hated that job. Eventually quit, then did my alcohol withdrawal. Ended up with a bit of liver damage. Nothing noticeable aside very elevated enzymes. But wasn't eating right. Wasn't sleeping right. Was munching on opiates and benzos non stop along with the beer.

He will have a killer withdrawal one day if he keeps up. But at a case+ a day, you are already at pretty bad dependence levels.

I try to at least be a functional addict, hence my username. If you've ever heard of the Alf writer, Jerry Stahl, he would shoot heroin but still exercise due to the pressure of maintaining a certain image in the entertainment industry.
Slippery rope being a functional addict.

That is what I tried for years. And it started with a shitty job and ended by being fucked by my dr. and employer behind my back.

Still functioning and addicted to drugs in general, but without job. The continuation and progression from GHB/ GBL back and forth to Benzo's and Alcohol. Then Kratom. Followed by MXE/ Methoxetamine, this stuff is the ultimate grale for an addict I must admit. As it gets you high but there seems to be no wd's, or at least they were unnoticeable to me.
During this I was on ADHD med's, dextro-Amphetamine, providing the necessarily energy.

The goal, taking care of my kids. relieving my disabled wife.

The last stop was back to Kratom and after that Alcohol with Benzodiazepinen to fall back on. That last ride was probably to much. And now I am functioning not that much.

What exactly is NAC?
n-acetyl-Cysteine

But what I am reading on Bluelight. And I seriously consider the info on this site reliable. More then I would a dr.

It's contraindicated a bit. So my remark about Milk Thistle/ Sylibum Marianum or Sylmarin the active ingredient in it. Isn't that bad.
It's used on kid's that ingested Amanita Phalloides, blue or green. To safe their liver's and life.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_phalloides

Too much. I average about 10 beers a day. I ferment grains and have a pot still. I take cbd tincture and that’s like scrubbing your insides. But renal disease and liver failure are a reality. No excuses but that’s no job and honey.

I drink a lot and have bloodwork done every 3 month and my liver values come back fine and sometimes just a bit over, maybe im just lucky or have good genes in that department but the only way to know for sure is having blood work done.

Sidenote: I actually have more issues with my prostate then anything else

I drink a lot and have bloodwork done every 3 month and my liver values come back fine and sometimes just a bit over, maybe im just lucky or have good genes in that department but the only way to know for sure is having blood work done.

Sidenote: I actually have more issues with my prostate then anything else
Prostate is a age related thing right?

I did have issues with that separate of and before Ethanol appeared. And they disappeared, but not sure if that is a good sign?

Prostate is a age related thing right?

I did have issues with that separate of and before Ethanol appeared. And they disappeared, but not sure if that is a good sign?
yeah it is mostly age related but can be brought upon ourself if you do certain things to our bodies that we not suppose to. I have had this issue in my mid 20's and now again in my mid 30's but my doc knows all about it and exactly what i am using and he advises me to do certain things but i myself is guilty of not pulling through or not doing my end of the bargain.

my doc knows all about it and exactly what i am using and he advises me to do certain things but i myself is guilty of not pulling through or not doing my end of the bargain.
Without knowing your circumstances they do make you feel like that.

Only they seem to take it less seriously. While it is quite a big issue.

What exactly is NAC?

N-acetylcysteine....it's a glutathione precursor that is used to treat paracetamol OD and can potentially help with toxicity caused by alcohol use as well as help regulate NMDA receptors after alcohol-induced disregulation

um, actually.....here NAC

How long has he been doing this? You really cannot do this long. At least I couldn't. Once I got up to a case a day, within 2-3 years it was beyond out of control to the level I was fucking everything up. I was because of a job too oddly, heh. Hated that job. Eventually quit, then did my alcohol withdrawal. Ended up with a bit of liver damage. Nothing noticeable aside very elevated enzymes. But wasn't eating right. Wasn't sleeping right. Was munching on opiates and benzos non stop along with the beer.

He will have a killer withdrawal one day if he keeps up. But at a case+ a day, you are already at pretty bad dependence levels.
He wants to quit eventually, but he's not sure how bad the withdrawals will be. He doesn't drink at all during the day, just when he's off work. But yeah, about a case of Natural Light everyday is excessive. He's been drinking like this since as long as I've known him (met him 15 years ago or so). His ex was a heavy drinker and he said he just sorta followed her lead and its been like that ever since.

Last edited:
Slippery rope being a functional addict.

That is what I tried for years. And it started with a shitty job and ended by being fucked by my dr. and employer behind my back.

Still functioning and addicted to drugs in general, but without job. The continuation and progression from GHB/ GBL back and forth to Benzo's and Alcohol. Then Kratom. Followed by MXE/ Methoxetamine, this stuff is the ultimate grale for an addict I must admit. As it gets you high but there seems to be no wd's, or at least they were unnoticeable to me.
During this I was on ADHD med's, dextro-Amphetamine, providing the necessarily energy.

The goal, taking care of my kids. relieving my disabled wife.

The last stop was back to Kratom and after that Alcohol with Benzodiazepinen to fall back on. That last ride was probably to much. And now I am functioning not that much.
I'm sorry to hear that. I know being functional while having an addiction isn't always easy. Sometimes it's effective, often it isn't. I'm grateful that its been working out for me so far though.

My fiance on the other hand, drinks a whole case of beer everyday after work.

How many beers in the 'case'? In the UK this is normally 24. How large are the cans/bottles in ml? What is the alcohol content?

From what I know of American beer he's more likely to piss himself to death from the sheer volume consumed... 😜

How many beers in the 'case'? In the UK this is normally 24. How large are the cans/bottles in ml? What is the alcohol content?

From what I know of American beer he's more likely to piss himself to death from the sheer volume consumed... 😜
He drinks the 18pk of Natural Light beer and each beer is 12oz and has a 4% or 5% alcohol content. It's one of the cheap, weaker brands. I never liked beer, much less watered-down beer. He use to drink liquor and thinks drinking a case of beer is an improvement. Its not. He just has to drink that much more to get drunk now and has to make more trips to pee. I have heard people from Europe say they don't like American beer. They say its weak. As a bartender, i assume they're right. The alcohol content of beer varies in some US states. In Utah, I believe a maximum of 3% or 4% per beer is allowed. It use to be 4% in Oklahoma too, but now its 5% or 6% max like it is in Texas.

Last edited:
Assuming 5% strength, by my calculations an 18 pack is the equivalent of slightly less than 1L of 40% vodka. That's a hell of a lot to be drinking every night. How does he get through all next day without a drink to keep him going?

He drinks the 18pk of Natural Light beer and each beer is 12oz and has a 4% or 5% alcohol content. It's one of the cheap, weaker brands. I never liked beer, much less watered-down beer. He use to drink liquor and thinks drinking a case of beer is an improvement. Its not. He just has to drink that much more to get drunk now and has to make more trips to pee. I have heard people from Europe say they don't like American beer. They say its weak. As a bartender, i assume they're right. The alcohol content of beer varies in some US states. In Utah, I believe a maximum of 3% or 4% per beer is allowed. It use to be 4% in Oklahoma too, but now its 5% or 6% max like it is in Texas.
Wow. I don’t drink anymore at all but even when I did I could barely tolerate beer - except maybe 1 on a stinking hot weekend afternoon. Apart from making me feel bloated beer just made me want to piss constantly.

If I ever drank beer on a date it would 100 % always ruin any hanky panky later in the night cause I’d have to get up and go to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

Strangely no other alcohol ever had the same effect and I would easily drink 5 martinis with no such problems. Vodka became my standard drink after I realised wine was packing on the pounds rather fast.

The problem with being a "Thursday to Saturday" drinker is that you might decide to become a "Thursday to Sunday" drinker, and so on. You lean on it...shit happens in your life...you find an excuse to make an exception. Then the exception becomes the rule. Statistically speaking, that WILL happen to you at some point if you continue.

No amount of exercise and vitamins will stop the negative effects happening inside your body. No way to rationalize that kind of heavy drinking or fit it into a healthy lifestyle.

Assuming 5% strength, by my calculations an 18 pack is the equivalent of slightly less than 1L of 40% vodka. That's a hell of a lot to be drinking every night. How does he get through all next day without a drink to keep him going?
I have no idea how he can maintain that routine, but he does it somehow. Doesn't even get the shakes or have to do the 'ol hair of the dog that most hardcore alcoholics do when they wake up. He just has a coke, goes to work, then comes home, drink, and repeat. Won't even drink on his lunch break. I wonder how bad his withdrawals would be if he were to quit though? My dad is a whiskey drinker, but luckily he doesn't drink from sun-up to sundown like he use to. Watching my dad go through DT's was horrific.