• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol If You Drink, How Much?

Yus! Got me some NAC today. 500mg at a local supermarket.

Fully binge ready.....more than ever before. 200$ worth of booze, B100 complex, pack of darts, NAC, eggs for breakfast.

Too bad I'm taking a 3 week break. woooomp, woooomp

I like to drink about 13 ounces or more maybe . And it gets me settled in at night..

I have in the past finished 45 ounces..

26 ounces etc..

When I was not on either heavy amps or Rx stims I used to drink two bottles of wine a night before pretty much every night.

Happily I no longer drink at all - probably have not had more than a sociable sip at dinner in about 3 years now.

I will defo start doing this, thank you for the good advice.

The enzyme check seems to be fine as my doctors keep telling me stuff like, "Optimal levels" and "Don't change a thing!" Who am I to argue with a doctor?

Is it possible for one's liver to be quite healthy for years of binge drinking only to suddenly fall off in terms of ideal condition?

When to take the N-acetylcysteine? Before, end of session, day after?
Add some Sylibum Marianum/ MilkThistle extract, as it will protect your liver too.

Btw my liver enzymes were elevated like supposed when chronic Alcohol abuse is involved. 1/2 liter 35% a day with a break here and there is enough.

Found this little gem on Wikipedia.
Apparently, supplementation with NAC after alcohol increases liver toxicity.

A dual effect of N-acetylcysteine
Reactive oxygen species (ROS) have been associated with acute ethanol-induced liver damage. N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is a glutathione (GSH) precursor and direct antioxidant. In this study, we investigated the effects of NAC on acute ethanol-induced liver damage. Female ICR mice were administered by gavage with a single dose of ethanol (6 g/kg). NAC was administered in two different modes. In mode A, mice were injected with different doses of NAC at 30 min before ethanol. In mode B, mice were injected with different doses of NAC at 4 h after ethanol. Acute ethanol-induced liver damage was estimated by measuring serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) activity and histopathological changes. Result showed that a single dose of ethanol (6 g/kg) caused a significant increase in serum ALT activity, followed by microvesicular steatosis and necrosis in mouse liver. Pretreatment with NAC significantly protected against acute ethanol-induced liver damage in a dose-independent manner. Correspondingly, pretreatment with NAC significantly attenuated acute ethanol-induced lipid peroxidation and GSH depletion and inhibited hepatic TNF-α mRNA expression. By contrast, post-treatment with NAC aggravated ethanol-induced hepatic lipid peroxidation and worsened acute ethanol-induced liver damage in a dose-dependent manner. Taken together, NAC has a dual effect on acute ethanol-induced liver damage. Pretreatment with NAC prevent from acute ethanol-induced liver damage via counteracting ethanol-induced oxidative stress. When administered after ethanol, NAC might behave as a pro-oxidant and aggravate acute ethanol-induced liver damage.

past three weeks i drunk about 6 cups of whiskey each day or like 6-8 beers if i was not drinking whiskey. Feel the damage to my body and mind. Alcohol numbs you and i lost that psychedelic magical feeling i had for months.

Are people drinking more thanks to the C19 confinement?

Where I live, there's a quarantine and a curfew, and the only thing that most people do is DRINK BOOZE. At first, I must admit, I drank a little more than necessary, but it was because I was going through an ugly withdrawal.

past three weeks i drunk about 6 cups of whiskey each day or like 6-8 beers if i was not drinking whiskey. Feel the damage to my body and mind. Alcohol numbs you and i lost that psychedelic magical feeling i had for months.
Its numbing properties make psychedelic experiences dull, that is something I can confirm.

Can confirm that effect.

Meth and alcohol completely destroyed the long-lasting positive psychological, emotional, and spiritual effects from my early MDMA and mushroom use. Never regained that same level of wholeness. Then again, I haven't stopped drinking since I quit the meth so that may be part of the problem. It's been so long now.....fuck.....15 years

Agreed, mostly. But also disagree.

Alcohol IS a weird substance and the lines between a social drinker, a problem drinker and someone who is fucking dying from alcohol have become blurred over the years.

Alcohol has a seductive power to lure you in and slowly ruin your life under the guise of social acceptability.

I feel like shit when I drink too much.... I'll never be an alcoholic.... dead wrong.

It doesn't take an ungodly amount of alcohol to ruin/impact your life. It happens in lower amounts, too, yet escapes the judgement of being a hard drug because it's socially accepted.

I can only imagine the percent of people to say "wow alcohol ruined X day/moment for me". IDK... just playing devils advocate here.
I've always thought it's the social acceptability that has caused much of the problems that come with alcohol misuse. And boredom/desire to fill a void

I've had countless friends fall down the alcohol trap whom I've know years... yet when we were in our teens and 20's -- none of us in our group of friends were drinkers at all. I mean we would literally hardly ever choose to go to a pub to drink, or buy alcohol in. Don't get me wrong, we got pissed together plenty of times over the years... but never frequently.

I'm now 41 and I drink less today than I have in my entire life. The last taste of alcohol I would have had would have been Christmas 2019; and that was just a glass of wine/can of beer.

I also suffer with cluster headaches, and drinking alcohol can be a direct trigger... and nothing is worse than a cluster headache. So I'm not even sure if I'll drink at all this Christmas.

Anyway, as I began, many of my friends (some from the group I grew up with and went raving with in my teens/twenties) are what I would call over the years 'creeping alcoholics. Wheras they may start with a 4pack one or two nights a week, then this would slowly become every night, the the volume of alcohol being bought each night would double from 4 cans - 8 cans.... ) maybe a bottle of wine or 2 as times goes along as well)

All within a space of months - year; somebody has gone to be a non-drinker - alcoholic.

Availability/social acceptibility/cheapness, and boredom-no purpose are what help feed alcoholism...

I've always thought it's the social acceptability that has caused much of the problems that come with alcohol misuse
two videos, one drunk person and another person really high on WHATEVER drug:

alcohol: Wow he/she is wasted! LMAO! Crazy night! So fun! oh nooooo... hangover!?! xD LMAO let's do it next weekend!
drugs: Wow this person is seriously fucked up, need help, probably a loser druggie, someone call the cops.....

two extremely different narratives on the same exact issue

You've summed it

alcohol: Wow he/she is wasted! LMAO! Crazy night! So fun! oh nooooo... hangover!?! xD LMAO let's do it next weekend!
drugs: Wow this person is seriously fucked up, need help, probably a loser druggie, someone call the cops.....

You've summed it up pretty much in a nutshell.

Yup yup.

I've been judged harshly and ostracised for doing MDMA and mushrooms in very, very responsible quantities by people who find nothing wrong with getting fall-down drunk.

I mean......that's not even.......the brain hurts attempting to comprehend the thought process some people have.

And actually, me and my crew jokingly refer to ourselves as degens but only because of our alcohol use. Everything else looks fucking normal and healthy in comparison.

Cocaine? Not as bad as when we drink.
M? Perfectly fucking reasonable.
Mushrooms? Wow, settle down on doing like 2g every two months or so.
LSD? Let's get on it early so we can go to bed at sunrise.
Alcohol? Yo, why the fuck did you only bring three cases of beer?

Are people drinking more thanks to the C19 confinement?

Where I live, there's a quarantine and a curfew, and the only thing that most people do is DRINK BOOZE. At first, I must admit, I drank a little more than necessary, but it was because I was going through an ugly withdrawal.
Before C19 I was allready confined to my little house. No job, friend's or family to care about.

The crisis of Covid just came on top of it. But it def increased my consumption rate, being a solitary man.

Yus! Got me some NAC today. 500mg at a local supermarket.

Fully binge ready.....more than ever before. 200$ worth of booze, B100 complex, pack of darts, NAC, eggs for breakfast.

Too bad I'm taking a 3 week break. woooomp, woooomp
What exactly is NAC?

Hi all, first time poster. Just a quick question. I know you all aren't doctors and everybody's bodies react differently. But I'm 31 and I was pretty much mostly a Thursday-Saturday drinker throughout my 20s and I still pretty much stick to those days and have zero alcohol any other days unless its a special occasion. My intake is usually about 8 light beers or so and a couple shots of fireball on Thursdays. And on Fridays and Saturdays id say I consume probably 10-12 light beers and 2-3 shots each night. So roughly 40 drinks a week. I never really drank that much at home until quarantine, used to be mostly at bars.

Let me also say I workout 5 days a week and have for years, also take vitamins and supplements, drink a lot of water, and for the most part watch what I eat during the week. What are your thoughts for my long term health outlook? I feel fine right now but I tend to be a hypochondriac and worry about long term health effects of everything. But im really not interested in quitting drinking, it relaxes me and there's not much else to do where I live, everyone seems to drink a decent amount.

How much do you drink in comparison if you do?
I nearly became a full-fledged alcoholic when I was briefly a sun-up to sundown drinker, but I stopped drinking heavily when I quit a job that was making me miserable and I can't really afford another addiction on top of my painkiller addiction (not to mention alcoholism is genetic and a shitload of people in my family are alcoholics). Turns out like the country song lyrics, a job really can drive people to drinking. I now only drink heavily once or twice a week, mostly on Saturdays and I've always preferred hard liquor over wine or beer. My fiance on the other hand, drinks a whole case of beer everyday after work. I'd say if you otherwise maintain healthy habits and keep in routine, then you're okay for the most part as long as you don't drink heavily on a daily basis. I myself try to maintain healthy habits like working out 30minutes to an hour a day, 5 days a week and maintain a vegetarian diet while counting calories. I try to at least be a functional addict, hence my username. If you've ever heard of the Alf writer, Jerry Stahl, he would shoot heroin but still exercise due to the pressure of maintaining a certain image in the entertainment industry.