• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

If I didn't trip then, will I trip now?

Lino120 said:
I can't fucking stand the way they taste. Anyone have any suggestions... they fucking make me gag.

I can relate. i can't stand the taste either.

What works for me is plain old honey. my girlfriend and i set up a little dish of honey and just dip each (fresh) mushroom into the honey before eating.

The honey masks the majority of the taste, helps u chew the shrooms longer (which i hear is much more effective than a few chews and a swallow), helps it go down easier too. We usually chase the whole thing with some oj or something sweet for good measure.

Shrooms really are magic. Everyone should try them at some point in their lives. My only suggestion is to wait until u can trip in a special place - preferablly outdoors and at night (the night sky takes my breath away) so that it helps u have a good trip. trippin by yourself or a few friends in a cramped, messy space is guaranteed to have at least one of u freaking out. Shrooms are much like takin E in that the experience can b so much more if it's treated with care.

Also the fact that it's a shorter trip that LSD is a huge plus for me. I knowing that 4 or 5 hours from ingestion, i'll b back to normal. Even though a minute might feel literally like an hour, sometimes, the fact that shorroms r a shorter trip is the "center" that grounds my thoughts when i'm close to feeling overwhelmed.

Anyway, find a good spot, some good friends and some good shrooms and know that you are going to have a good trip and that you will embrace and enjoy every moment of it. I find that the right conditions help encourage a good trip and resuce a bad trip in some instances.

travel well people.

_
Z

Last edited:
dread said:
Another thing. I've heard of SSRI:s potentiating serotonergic psychedelics.. anyone have experience of s-citalopram with mushrooms?

SSRIs dont potentate psychedelics, it holds a lot of the trip back.. its useless to take psychedelics while on SSRIs

^Hmm, thats not true. I took SSRI's for years until the start of this one and never had any trouble tripping. For some people, the effects of a psychedelic are diminished, but I certainly didn't find this.

This may seem a bit of an odd/simple question!

On Friday night I will be tripping with friends on mushrooms, in a nice relaxed camping setting in the great outdoors. I will combining cannabis (blunts) with mushrooms for the first time. I'm experienced with both drugs by themselves, but for some reason I have never combined them!

Obviously I have read plenty of trip reports where mushrooms and other psychs are mixed with pot, but the focus of these reports almost always tends to be on the affect of the psychedelic and acknowledge the interactions, rather than focussing on them.

Because of this I don't really know what to expect from the ever so basic combo, that many people regard as a must. I get the general impression that pot will make the trip stronger in most respects and synergize (love that word!) nicely. I aspect some visual enhancement as well, as I’m not really prone to visuals on low mushroom doses, and not at all on pot. As for anxiety/paranoia, that seems to be another issue. I don't really get either on pot normally (regular and long term but not heavy smoker), I can get anxiety on mushrooms but I’m normally pretty good at relaxing and dealing with it.

So I suppose I do have an idea of what it will be like, having said that every time I have formulated an image of a drugs effects from reading reports etc, the actual experience when I come to try it is never anything like what I imagine! I'm really just looking for some specific commentary on how you all feel when you toke whilst tripping.

Cheers!<3

Shroom dosage question

can you waste your shrooms by eating them on a full stomach? or will it just take longer to kick in?

Couple of shroomy questions

so i'm off picking tommorrow with a few friends. No need to worry about identifying them as the guy taking us has been every year for over 15 years and the ones he gave me before were definately magical. :D

Now first of all, whats the best way to dry them? would putting some tissue paper in a tin, mushrooms on top and leaving it out/open in my room somewhere with the windows open suffice?

Second, whats the best way to dose these badboys? by number of caps or by weight?

and third, can smoking bring any effects at all? i'm asking because I wanna try it but don't fancy wasting a few grams to find out it doesn't work. :(

It will just take longer to kick in, they'll still be chillin there while your body works on your food first.

If they are fresh, eat them fresh, don't dry them. Eat between 20 and 35 grams wet, depending on quality if they are cubenisis. If you do want to dry them, the best way is to set them on a screen or tray with holes with desiccant under them. Weight is always the best way to dose them. Dry, 2.5 to 3.5 grams will be enough to trip sufficiently. Don't smoke them, it is pointless.

I bought three chocolates with shrooms. I ate one Friday night, I was really tired and didn't trip much at all for some reason. Now it's Sunday night, if I ate two tonight would my tolerance be OK so I could trip?

I would guess you'd most definitely trip. Do you know how much is in each chocolate?

THanks man Tried the Lemon experiment It didn't really make it that much more intense. I had a good trip though still feeling it on 1.5 gm dosed at 8:00 pm

it came in much quicker with the lemon and lime juice mixture but as far as intensity not too much

chilling with an afterglow ready for bed

B

I'm gonna say wait a week, tryptamine tolerance can sneak up on you and cause you to waste your goodies.

just put them on some newspaper on top of a wardrobe, turn them twice a day, they'll soon be dry. keep them in bags with a small note of the number, say 25.

for drying use a food dehydrator.
i use a nesco american harvest and it works great.

as far as eating on an empty stomach. it's not all for naught. you will still have an experience. people fast for quicker onset, profundity, and to keep the stuff from coming back up. a full stomach is more likely apt to make you vomit the stuff back up. an empty stomach at onset if nausea ensues may only be accompanied by a passing uncomfortable dry heaving.

We really can't answer this question, not knowing the strength of the drugs involved. However, I'll say this:

Typically, the 'rule of thumb' is taking 1.5-2 times your dose the day after in order to experience the same level of effects. You're a little bit further ahead in time, but tolerance will still be in effect to a degree. One chocolate apparently was a weak dose. You're gonna be taking the equivalent of probably more than one but less than two (also, chocolates are by no means standardized), so, probably you'll feel mild effects if anything. Shelf the chocolates for a bit, and then take two and see what happens.

2x a dose the day after?? that's a little excessive. If one chocolate had about 2 to 2.5 g dried, and he jumped to 5 grams, that could be a disaster.