• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

If I didn't trip then, will I trip now?

Merged in cap/stem question. It sounds questionable, as cap and stem of mushrooms are basically the same in that they are all part of the mushroom fruit....By weight, stems are more potent I believe as they contain as much alkaloid per stem as per cap, but this means little. However, if one portion contained more psilocybin then psilocin (psilocybin having to be converted to psilocin) then perhaps more body load is felt due to the metabolic processing.

aparently the enzymes that fit all the drugs that wind up as psilocin and psilocybin can also fit AMT, suposedly being able to make 4-oh-tmt, lets talk about that. hahah

Ancient shroom swallage

I am just making this thread to make absolutely sure to be safe. call me a pussy but i get concerned about these things! why not!

i have shrooms that were kept in a basic baggie inside of a poster carboard container for the last 4 to 6 years, basically. can they be fine? are they alright to take? any help? maybe shroom tea?

Last edited:
To be perfectly honest I'd toss them. 4-6 years???

Yeah I wouldnt eat them. You could eat some funky ass mold or something... ick.

I'd say why not?
mold will be visible and if it was dry it should be ok
the most concern would be potency, so I'd just try a small amount and see if they're still active and/or turned bad

Oldest i've seen eaten was 2.5 years. I'm sure after that long there won't be much difference in these aside from potency. They'd be too dry to breed disease far as I can figure. Get something else if you can but if this was my only choice of a psychedelic, and I was using it for "spiritual" as opposed to recreational puropses, I could see myself goin for it.

Not a recommendation, just my thoughts.
J

I know of shrooms which are 7 years+ in age and still of good potentcy.

alot of teh major shroom growers (who grow hundreds of lbs of dried cubensis) will have stock from YEARS ago. as long as you properly dehydrate them they will stay for YEARS!!!

they dehydrated 100%, as far as I can tell. definitly no obvious mold or something.

They are actually more like 2 to 3 years old now that I calculate properly.

I think I might make some shroom tea and see how it goes, i have .5 mg of klono if something goes wrong

lol you were close with the calculation. nothing will go wrong. eat them if they look good. :)

yeh, drinking them up

feel a bit weird, but its only been 10 or 15 mins
i expect a mild trip at most since its around 1 gram of 3 year old shrooms heh
but i found them randomly so whoopee!

What is something to smoke with mushrooms becides cannabis?

What is something good to smoke with mushrooms becides cannabis? Is there anything psychedelic or something that potentiates its psychedelic potential?

I was going to say cigarettes...I dunno though, me and my buddy went through nearly a whole pack over the duration of Fear and Loathing one night on shrooms. I don't know why we smoked so much, lol, but it felt right at the time, I guess. Cannabis is good, legal highs like Spice may work well too, but there aren't that many things one can smoke that is psychedelic...Salvia if you your trip to go from a 2 or 3 to a 5 for a short period of time.

the shroom tea didnt do shit. either they were bunk to start with or degraded completely in the 3 years

^Set upma heater/radiator, put your mushrooms on some newspaper perched nicely above the heat (heat rises and all), and turn them every now and then. If its cold where you are, and your room is heated or you can heat a room, put them in there...They are dry when they are crumbly. You can use an oven to do it a lot quiker and more efficently, but I don't know at what temp. I always just air dry mine in a nice warm room.

Another thing. I've heard of SSRI:s potentiating serotonergic psychedelics.. anyone have experience of s-citalopram with mushrooms?