• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

If I didn't trip then, will I trip now?

Lino120 said:
I can't fucking stand the way they taste. Anyone have any suggestions... they fucking make me gag.

I eat mine with ranch or sour cream and onion chips, it masks the taste very well.

Personal Cell

Alright im sort of experience with psychedelics and hallucinogenics - ive done shrooms several times, dxm, salvia, and 2cb.

Recently at a rave in Sacramento i was given magic chocolate as a gift after having good convo and sharing whippets, etc. ( magic chocolate = shrooms )

Im not sure of the ammount in the chocolate, all i know is the following:

the piece weighs 16.5g
the guy who gave it to me seemed experienced
he told me it was powerful
before he left i met with a few of his friends and chatted while he went inside to grab something, they told me the shrooms were great.

Im at a loss of setting to do it in - i dont want to be around sober people, and currently, most of my friends who are willing to trip will just annoy me. I was thinking of going out into the forest, but that would be dangerouns and walking around my neighborhood is ludicrous. ( not because its a bad neighborhood but because it just doesnt sound like a good idea ).

I was wondering if anybody had some thoughts on setting so i could embark on my journey. Also, i was wondering if locking myself in my room for the entirety of the journey ( for self-exploration reasons ) would be a bad or good idea. I want revelation, not in this ( as of now ) for recreation.

Thanks Guys
Cheers

i have heard good things about meditating in the dark on mushrooms - maybe that would be the best option?

Just save it until it feels right. No rush. If you eat it in haste, I can almost guarantee that the "right time" will seem to come up in the future, and you'll wish you had saved it.

Hmmm

Hmmm...i will probably do just that.

Its almost the summer and fortunatly ( and unfortunatly ) ive been rolling every weeekend for the last 6 weeks, and realize i need to stop.

No better way then to sit down with me myself and I and have a deep chat.

Forrest, it safe because the cops cant get you there. Just be carefull to not get abducted by aliens lol...

I'm guessing from the original post that you are living with your parents, who you don't want to know you're tripping? I assume this because you didn't seem to consider tripping at home, aside from locking yourself in your room.

If that's the case, locking yourself in your room is probably the safest bet (other than saving it till you have an ideal setting, I suppose). I've dosed on acid at home before, and it can be a little stressful when you want to go out for whatever reason but are worried about parents, etc. I wouldn't do this if you're not already pretty comfortable with mushrooms and trust yourself not to 'freak out' or simply forget about the need for subtlety. When done properly, tripping in the dark with music can be *fantastic*.

Given that it's an unknown dose, however, I would strongly suggest that you have a non-tripping sitter present for the occasion. If it's more than you expected and knocks you on your ass, it can be remarkably comforting to have someone you trust around to make sure you don't hurt yourself or break anything, or to deal with anything that comes up while you're tripping (even something as minor as a car alarm outside or a ringing phone in your house can be stressful while tripping hard, after all).

By the way, AFAIK mushroom chocolates are usually made simply by melting chocolate and mixing in shopped/ground shrooms. It sounds like you're pretty confident about the source, but if you have any doubts about what's in the chocolate, the first thing to do would be to inspect it. Sometimes, the shrooms are powdered and thus not visibly apparent, but most chocolates I've seen have had fairly obvious chunks of shrooms in them.

weird mushroom experience got very self conscious ...

so yesterday i decided to take mexican mushrooms with 2 good friends of me, but we all didnt have enough so none of us saw any visions
we did laugh alot and it was kinda fun but i also got very self conscious in a bad way, i couldnt stop thinking about it...

was this a bad trip?

the mushrooms will highlight any 'energy kinks' within your subconscious, some of which you may have been unaware of beforehand.

by nature though, the mushrooms only want to help you. if your experience became uncomfortably introspective, there was reasoning for it no doubt. you may have successfully resolved the issue/issues through the experience, or it may still take you a while, but either way it is a good thing to have uncovered this 'kink' or 'flaw' within your subconscious.

many of my mushrooms experiences wind up similarly, very introspective to the point of being a bit hard on myself through analysis. i'm a huge supporter of the idea that there is no good or bad trips, simply trips. i've had trips where i was shivering and uncomfortable and sitting under the covers 'waiting it out' in an introspective hell hole. and some of these trips have been the most rewarding for me. as i stated above, anything negative that comes up (be it in sober life or on trips) there is a reason for it to do so. some of the topics or 'points of notice' which came up during hell-hole introspection formed cornerstones for my personal and spiritual development. not to mention, the sheer 'surviving' or enduring of such an experience leaves one very humbled, which of itself can be very profound and rewarding.

the more respectfully you approach the mushrooms, the more they will help you along. even if you are not respectful, they will still help you, but learning to make the ceremony of mushrooms intake a mutual one (ie not just 'your mushrooms ceremony' but 'a ceremony for you and the mushroom') will surely increase the ease with which you can integrate the information given to you.

*key* from all my experiences (numbering quite a few) with mushrooms, one point i've noted thuroughly is that...Mushrooms Plant Seeds. these seeds may grow during the experience, maybe the day after, maybe a year after. the uncomfortable aspects of their experience can be compared to the tilling of the soil. we humans tend to concretize our preconceptions upon maturing, the more concretized your ideas and beliefs are, the more 'tilling' or 'composting' of your 'inner material' needs to be done before the 'soil of your self' is fitting for nurturing growth.

from the demeanor of your post, you dont seem to be overly put off by the experience, although obviously curious about the reasonings for your experience. if you plan to reapproach, just center yourself, and attempt to look at the situation 'from square one'. if you are meant to learn more from the mushrooms, they will lead you back to them. the most you can do is develop yourself to be able to approach respectfully, as well as center yourself to be able to non-biasedly assess the situation of partaking.

sorry fo the lengthiness :\
best of luck on your progressions :) %)

yes i had the feeling this might resolve some things, but i felt very bad so i took some sleeping tabs and went to sleep

I think you got a small taste of what a "bad trip" COULD be. There are lots of different feelings and situations that one may experiance while tripping that don't fall within the normal realm of being "pleasing". These all contribute greatly to the general attitude and experiance of the overall trip, and those feelings of being self-conscious COULD have played into a bad trip. I think that if you had let those feelings take control of the trip, that is, if you had made that the focus of the trip and weren't able to ground yourself to something, you could have very easliy let that slip into a "bad trip". I think that only the one experiancing it can know what exactly a bad trip is, so you would know if you had a "bad trip".

I've experianced many of such uncomfortable/undesireable/unpleasurable feelings while tripping. However, I don't consider myself to have ever actually had a "bad trip" in my life. There is a lot you can take away from those kinds of feelings, and there's a lot that they can reveal about ourselves... if we ignore those things they can cause us problems. But if we actually take inventory of ourselves and what is being showed to us, it is difficult to not come out for the better in some way.

basic neurotransmitter misregularities such as anxiety problems or depressions, can be greatly effected by psychedelic states. while a properly approached mushroom experience could serve as years worth of therapy, alleviating depression or anxiety. however, problems such as these could be worsened during a psychedelic experience, It All Depends on HOW one Integrates the Experience.

One's ability to efficiently integrate a psychedelic experience can be fine-tuned through meditative practices or other trance-inducing techniques which one can engage in without psychedelics. being mentally prepared is a huge deciding factor in the outcome of the experience, but also the more phsycial dynamics are crucial. Where the experience takes place will paly a huge role, as well as WHY the experience is being approached. Planning the physical and mental preparations accordingly can allow one to guide the experience to a proper destination.

when i first started truly approaching mushroom with some regularity for learning purposes i was more depressed than i'd ever been. through a few months of 'psychedelic therapy' both by myself sometimes, or with other close friends, i climbed out of the pit of depression and was taught some valuable lessons regarding my emotions and their effect on those around me. i wouldn't go so far as to say 'if you're depressed go find mushrooms', but as i said, psychedelic states are perfect for re-wiring parts of the brain. with some effort towards being mentally ready (meditatively versed) and physically well-placed (set and setting) a single mushroom rebirthing ceremony or a handful of mushroom therpy sessions may be a more appropriate means of handling and debunking a mental imbalance than taking pharmaceuticls daily to simply cope.

if you guys are interested in the finer points of adequate preparation and ceremonialization of the experience, or if you need any help understanding or learning the basics of meditative practice (which is easier than the avg modern-joe would think) let me know. :) i can't keep typing right now, and i don't wanna bore you guys if you're not interested, but i'd love to help some of my fellows to learn how to learn from the mushrooms.

Merged in mushy question. Please try to find the right thread before starting a new topic. :)

swilow said:
Merged in mushy question. Please try to find the right thread before starting a new topic. :)

when you merged this, why didn't you include my post?

bighooter said:
Do you think mushrooms may help with depression then?

Psychedelics were instrumental in me overcoming my lifelong depression. they aren't a magical cure, though. You have to do a lot of work yourself and be prepared to have some less than fun trips.

Question about Shrooms!

Is it true that caps give you more visuals, and stems give you a body high?