TDS I Just Need To Post vs Welcome To the Fluffy Side

Yeah, oh you are never too old for anything! If I get an offer for a better opportunity I will grab it! It's your future and what if it's the job/career you never thought you'd be happy doing. I just dont want to miss an opportunity and regret anything.

You are right. I´ve been so numb after working so many years at my latest work. I remember really wishing to conquer that feeling of stableness'.
So I´m settled for sometime, although I continue working really hard. That never changed.

I thought it´d be better to get healthy - physically speaking - whilst being stable at job I always wanted and do something I´m good at.
But it doesn´t really work like that..

^if u dont mind me asking, what kind of work do you do? How long have u been working in the company?

Had something funny happen at school the other day. I was doing a people drawing lesson with first graders and I told them that a lot of people feel very vulnerable when drawing people, especially faces. I was trying to establish some guidelines for being kind and considerate during the lesson and then I remembered these kids were 6 and 7 years old so I asked if they knew what 'vulnerable' meant. One little boy's hand shot right up and he said, "It means when something is open." I was amazed that a kid in first grade had such a sophisticated vocabulary but then he went on. He said, "Like an ice cream store. If it has the sign that says "open" then it is vulnerable." I was thinking to myself, "Well, if I were walking by with enough money in my purse, that store would be vulnerable."

Thats so cute herby lol!!!!!! Vulnerable ice cream store!

^if u dont mind me asking, what kind of work do you do? How long have u been working in the company?

Too long. And I need to frequently move to a different country. Same international organization though. The benefits I get make me stay as I have kids, etc..but I'm getting really tired. The whole package. Sometimes wages make you so glued to your employment.
I feel I have already too much to take in that comes along with the job and it seems to please my family.

Erikmen, do you ever feel like you have to stay in a job that you don't really like for the sake of your family? I think men suffer this a lot. Does your wife make a decent salary too? Is there any room for you to explore other options?

Actually she doesn´t but different from me, she loves what she does. Her work has advantages of choosing her daily hours and that´s quite handy sometimes.
But I get the point. Thanks for that.:)
I´ll definitely explore other options. I have cleaned the air with my sobriety and things are way easier now.

Last edited:
im half way through a uni course i do no work in, it causes me a lot of stress and anxiety. this is the 4th course i have taken, first i did health science for a few months, dropped out. arts degree, dropped out. cooking course, dropped out.

i cant really learn in a university environment, and i'm not very academic.

my first thought is to drop out and try and find work. i can go on jobseekers allowance, so financially it wouldn't affect me. the plan would be to save up 5000 or something and travel throughout australia for 6 months or something (i live here already). id like to live low budget, go to lots of long silent meditation retreats, get out of my shell a bit.

another idea is to see if i can transfer into psychology, i am interesting in counseling/mental health/psychotherapies, through a lense of progression/contemplation, i think i have a greater genuine interest in how the mind works as opposed to how sound is created (i'm studying electronic music atm).

the problem is i live with 2 other people doing the same course, one is doing worse than i am almost, but he has a job, another is doing extremely well, we are friends and he is my sisters bf, i feel like dropping out would be letting him down. perhaps more pertinent is my fear of facing the "real world", finding a job, it seems like so many people in the world are crushed by their 9-5 grind, trying to pay the bills etc.. scares me

i dont really know how to make decisions anymore. when i tell people my dilemma they see it as a negative thing, but i don't understand why i would regret doing something that has been stirring inside me for a long time.

Actually she doesn´t but different from me, she loves what she does. Her work has advantages of choosing your daily hours and that´s quite handy sometimes.
But I get the point. Thanks for that.:)
I´ll definitely explore other options. I have cleaned the air with my sobriety and things are way easier now.
Goodluck erik! Im quite sure youll find somethin! With a great personality like yours id hire you if you if i was the interviewer

I'm so worried about my brother. He is becoming an alcoholic and it is very hard for me to watch him go through depression when I'm still struggling with mine.

Feeling down today.

I'm so worried about my brother. He is becoming an alcoholic and it is very hard for me to watch him go through depression when I'm still struggling with mine.

Feeling down today.

I saw that happening with some of relatives when I was going down and it breaks my heart to see how disappointing they were with me.

Take care of yourself first. Self preservation rule number one. If you are okay you can help a little.
Truth is sometimes we can´t help as much as or as to an extent that we´ve wished for their own sake.
Unfortunately sometimes we can´t expect behaviors that won´t happen until he realizes that he must choose his path.
I hope you are not feeling guilty.

Mind-blowing-morning-photography-15.jpg

mbeopma.jpg

1353020757227092.jpg

visulmeu.jpg

^thats a really cool pic NSA.

I would usually rant about a negative thing that happens to me but I didn't last night. I went out to hang out with my friends and I lost my glasses. I took it as something positive that I have to be really careful and not forget to leave important stuff lying around or use a really old bag that needs to retire. I got a new one today and luckily the prescription place I go to has a copy of my old prescription so the lady said it's avaiable. I am on my way to pick it up now!