TDS I Just Need To Post vs Welcome To the Fluffy Side

I need glasses...

I think this quote is misattributed to Plato..

p0SwMJT.jpg

If not, the sentiment seems as relevant today as it was then.

^ I have been thinking a lot about school and what I was taught and what I am teaching. We are doing a huge collaborative art project for Day of the Dead--an all around "safe" cultural holiday usually because it belongs to no particular religion. Though it obviously has some Christian roots (all Saints Day) it has more indigenous roots and beyond that it is simply a grand celebration and contemplation of those that have passed on. The theme given by the gallery for the show this year is "Where We Come From/Where We Are Going". At first we thought the students could make skeletons with flags or articles of clothing from the cultures in their own geneology but then I thought, why not give a nod to evolution and how life on earth began in the sea and also go even further back to the fact that we all come from stardust? Immediately I started thinking about how I would probably get flack from someone that did not want their kid to think that life didn't start with Adam and Eve. The sad thing for me is that I remember a time when science was respected and religion was also more tolerated in the schools. How have we come to this bizarre place where in the name of politically correct all inclusive tolerance we can no longer celebrate each others holidays and yet we cannot teach science without worrying about offending fundamentalist Christians?

ramble..
So, I got to that quote via searching for this one "In times of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

I could tell it wasn't the use of language you would find in a work attributed to Plato, although, Socrates might have said something similar.
After a little more digging it seems it might have originated from a person named George Francis Train - not sure.
Nevertheless, humans have a tendency to equate honesty with stupidity and lying with virtue.

Anyway, been thinking about doublethink, among other things. ;)

Maybe at some point I'll connect Wu Wei, Brahman, new age spiritualist folks and doublethink.

Last edited:
Lunatic and fool

Today they have also created another name to discredit people..

con·spir·a·cist
kənˈspirəsist/
noun
a person who supports a conspiracy theory.

Don't you love how they have the word "theory" worked right into the definition.

usually i work every single saturday... well guys, tomorrow is saturday, and i got the freakin' day off..

Thats awesome Trip! and long time no chat how are ya doing?

Spending another dinner with family tonight hehe, I'm usually hanging out with my family instead of friends for weekends, it's more fun and plus I don't have to spend too much money. I hope everyone's having a great weekend so far

Hiya Sugmond. How are you doing? :). I've noticed you help out a lot round here - good on you :)

Evey

May want to throw down for this
Johns Hopkins Survey on Psychedelic Use and Addiction

EDIT: but take a dose cause its pretty long. I mean i see that they are getting it but should have talked with tron when creating this.

68. How psychologically challenging was the most psychologically challenging portion of the psychedelic experience that led to your opioid use reduction?

WTF haahahah

Last edited:

200.gif

Participating in some studies helps fund Bluelight and keep it add free<3

If you have five minutes and have ever used cannabis please participate in this study... it says 15 min, but we grass smokers must be more efficient as it takes like five. New Trends in Cannabis Use

These researchers have donated to Bluelight and currently share the banner space.

Contribute to science AND help Bluelight (or something similar, up to you)

Researchers from Wright State University (Ohio) have been collaborating with Bluelight (allowing staff to provide feedback on their questionnaire) and supporting Bluelight through a donation to the site.

Please support the following survey! (Almost) all of you should be eligible. :)

Official advertisement:

Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine researchers, in collaboration with researchers from Columbia University and the University of Massachusetts, are conducting a survey on cannabis use trends.

This survey is open to all of the Bluelight community, including guest visitors.

To participate in this research study, you need to meet the following requirements:
1) Be 18 years of age or older;
2) Have used cannabis (any form) at least once in your lifetime.

The survey is anonymous - IP addresses will NOT be collected; no identifying information will be asked.
The survey is about 15 minutes long.
The survey has been approved by the ethics committees at each participating university.

Please, use the buttons at the bottom of the survey page (NOT your browser’s ‘back’ and ‘forward’ buttons) to move through the survey.

Survey link

Thanks in advance!

Tronica

i'm proud of myself because i didn't use the drug i told myself i wasn't going to use. Pat on the back for me :)

200.gif

Participating in some studies helps fund Bluelight and keep it add free<3
If you have five minutes and have ever used cannabis please participate in this study... it says 15 min, but we grass smokers must be more efficient as it takes like five. New Trends in Cannabis Use

I'm bumping this TDSers. Research is one of the ways that Bluelight can pay for itself. This survey took me less than 5 minutes to complete. Please consider taking a few minutes to support our wonderful community.<3

It feels like I haven't had a new thought in forever. Nothing comes to mind except recycled information, the same thing over and over again. Most likely attributed to the fact that life as I know it has become dull and repetive. Caught in a cycle again. Less damaging then the ones in the past, but still reminiscent of old behavior. When did I become so damn boring?? Pointing the finger at many things. Today it is this. Technology is consuming my life and the lives of everyone that I know. Everyone. Now I wonder who I would be right now if the internet had never happened. A better person I would imagine. We have become slaves to our own creations.

^ I try and do something new everyday. Not big things all the time.. I read, study, listen to, take a, watch, converse etc about something new almost everyday. Some days I get to do more substantial stuff.

^ Internet can really get people connected all the time but for those who lived their golden years in the 80s and 90s it's difficult to see kids nowadays spending their full weekend relying on internet. Playing their games, and even the smallest ones playing with their 'technology'.

Everything happened too fast, in one day we had dialed internet now we have face book and have our meetings through conference TVs!! It's hard to catch up. Sometimes I feel that some people from my generation are becoming too lazy to and reluctant to change to learn new things.

Of course there is the good and innovative side of this entirely new way of living life. However, getting a real hobby, or reading books or even watching a good movie at the cinema, not to mention travelling to real cool places can be quite soothing. It can be really fun and simple. Eating out and experimenting something new as often as you can.

Last edited:
It feels like I haven't had a new thought in forever. Nothing comes to mind except recycled information, the same thing over and over again. Most likely attributed to the fact that life as I know it has become dull and repetive. Caught in a cycle again. Less damaging then the ones in the past, but still reminiscent of old behavior. When did I become so damn boring?? Pointing the finger at many things. Today it is this. Technology is consuming my life and the lives of everyone that I know. Everyone. Now I wonder who I would be right now if the internet had never happened. A better person I would imagine. We have become slaves to our own creations.

Ever do any kind of art CG? I got into making small books. They are just for me so there is no pressure. They involve cutting and pasting so on one level they are as fun and simple as kindergarten art but I also like to make my own paper and put my own writing in them so they can be as technical and creative as I want. I started out by altering old books that were going to get thrown out. A lot of people think art has to be great or at the very least saleable to justify doing it but it's all about play really. Adults need to play!:D

ive been off heroin and every other substance for about 7-8 weeks now.. cant remember..
but im still in extreme physical agony.. nerve pain in my foot from when i overdosed and spent 8+ hours with my leg pinned down in an awkuard position..
i know we need to sometimes learn lessons the hard way, but fuck me dead, this is one hell of a lesson to learn from.
when will the pain end?
every wwaking minute of the last 8 weeks has been intense agony for me.
cant work, cant enjoy movies or tv, cant be social i cannot even function on my laptop anymore.
fml.
its really starting to stress me out :(