I do not find killing rock stars entertaining

Don't you have anything better to complain about or be disturbed about?

fuck me i'm glad this is all in text, cuz if i had to listen to a thread like this as a real conversation i don't think i'd stop laughing for weeks :D DD
*tries to keep quiet in the library, gets weird stares*

Oceanboy: "...a sincere rock star ..."
I think that's the funniest quote so far. Who? Like Bono?
But then again we must remember that this post started with the words "I am partially disturbed..."
Actually maybe we should have a go at Hardware for not selling hammers and roofing supplies, or God's Kitchen for not making holy snacks. Or the Panic Strcken Bovine crew for not tormenting the cows surrounding Kryal ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oceanboy,
bobby_the_kitten_thanks_for_sharing.jpg

Oceanboy: you are not going to get the understanding you are looking for here. You probably know you are different to the other people here - how shall I put this? I think your reality is different to most of ours. And while you say some odd stuff, you don't seem to hurt anyone. It would be nice if more people here could try to understand that. But I don't think that's going to happen.

and i second that.
understanding comes with acceptance, and we're nowhere near that first step.

understanding comes with acceptance, and we're nowhere near that first step.
of course not, we're bluelighters!

Everyone is missing a vital point here - does the world really have to be so sanitised that every single thing we do, say, or even name our party crews after, have to pass a strict set of moral guidelines so as not to risk offending anyone?
The only reason anyone is defending Oceanboy here is because it just is Oceanboy. Every time he starts a thread like this someone will bag him, and then someone will say that "he's just different, and different opinions are good sometimes". If this was a greenlighter which nobody knew that started something as dumb as this it would be closed quicker than you can say 'mass ass raping' (and I'm not having a go at the mods here either, I would have done the same).
As far as I'm concerned, you can have all the different realities you want, but if someone starts a stupid thread and says something stupid, I'm going to call a spade a spade and come right out and say they're stupid. And this my friends, in my opinion and mine alone, is stupid. :)

well... that's just another day in the drama that is bluelight ;)
so how's the weather today, i had a beer in the sun :D

just a note saying I agree totally with Pleonastic .
When push comes to shove surprisingly few people go against the flow.
you have earnt a Kinder-Egg surprise filled with my respect.

I'm down with pleo: the moral here is it's a fucking joke! get over it and move on.
Some writers, the young and the dim ones, think being near something important makes them important so they should act and sound important which will, somehow, make their audience important too. Then, as soon as everybody is filled with a sufficient sense of importance, Something Will Be Done. It's not the truth. Thirty years of acting and sounding important about the Holocaust did nothing to prevent Cambodia.
P.J. O'Rourke
There are much bigger issues to worry about than a joke. Oceanboy, if you truly care about those issues then I tip my hat in respect to you. If you seriously lose sleep over the juxtaposition of a couple of words in a promoters name then I seriously pity you...

Actually Johnboy, we called our party crew Panic Stricken Bovine after our failed attempts to fly a live cow (with a flying fox) over our dancefloor.
The stupid fucking cow kept on shitting, and we shought that it wouldn't do our party any good if our patrons were showered in faeces.

^^^^ hahahahaha it beats lasers! (ducks and covers head from flying cow shit)

Originally posted by Pleonastic:
The only reason anyone is defending Oceanboy here is because it just is Oceanboy. Every time he starts a thread like this someone will bag him, and then someone will say that "he's just different, and different opinions are good sometimes". If this was a greenlighter which nobody knew that started something as dumb as this it would be closed quicker than you can say 'mass ass raping' (and I'm not having a go at the mods here either, I would have done the same).
I totally agree, look at the way we all reacted to DJ Kitty who sometimes made more sense than this (despite all the Kitty comments). The difference is that DJ Kitty made ten threads a day whilst Oceanboy makes 10 a year. The reactions of the general Bluelight population are no different.

Last edited:
Whist we have this thread going.....
Earthcore- Saturday 30 November
Pharmacy Stage
For those who like darker, harder and dirtier KillRockStar proudly announces the lineup for this years Earthcore extravaganza. Prepare for angels’ trumpets and devils’ trombones as Pharmacy proves once and for all the power of the dark side! In true vaudeville fashion Pharmacy dishes out their patented prescription of hard trance, filthy acid and only the hardest techno treats…
Trance Generators (Future Sound Corp, Italy) Ben Dj + Radium
Andreas Krämer (pk audio, Germany)
Schwarze Puppen vs. Russenmafia (Overdose Records, Germany)
Nick Sentience (Nukleuz, UK)
Martin ‘YOMC’ Roth (Overdose Records, Germany)
Plus Local minstrels
Pharmacy 2nd Birthday celebration - Febuary 2003
- JamX & DuMonde
[ 01 November 2002: Message edited by: MARC-IT ]

oceanboy...you made my day.
I don't know if you were being serious or sarcastic but it sure gave me a smile.
much PLUR to you
so as far as what the name means...I'm inclined to think it is along the lines of the Video killed the radio star idea too.
I haven't heard the company up on murder charges as yet :)
do I think it should be changed? nah...thats just taking PC too far, but oceanboy...u gotta way with words!!
[ 01 November 2002: Message edited by: sKatteredchickee ]