I do not find killing rock stars entertaining

oceanboy - you're cruel mate had us all going :)
i actually thought that the name might have been derived from the video game production house Rockstar who produced the now infamous Grand Theft Auto series (the 3rd version was banned due the the gratuitous violence and then re-released as a watered down version)
So the name kill-rockstar the company responsible for allowing kiddies to kill anything and everything would be quite ironic

Whilst this thread might be great publicity for killrockstar entertainment, we usually kill threads/posts that are blatantly plugging a product, site or event.
I'm leaving that one but if anyone else capitalises on this thread and posts solely to plug killrockstar events we'll delete that post. However if you manage to work it into a post about the name or content of the thread we'll probably let it slide ;)
Kitty

^^^
dear psychokitten.
it appears i was very wrong... no one is actually interested in discussing the topic!
guess i shouldnt be surprised. 'tis lame, but i thought it could stiil generate some intelligent posts. and pleo and friends, just coz you think a question is dumb doesnt mean you cant offer an intelligent response, share some of that wisdom... who made you the brain police?
cheers

totally agree with you eddi. also...
Psychokitten posted:
look at the way we all reacted to DJ Kitty who sometimes made more sense than this (despite all the Kitty comments). The difference is that DJ Kitty made ten threads a day whilst Oceanboy makes 10 a year. The reactions of the general Bluelight population are no different.
i think your a fair way off the mark there psychokitten...DJ Kitty was just an obscure troll, who said weird shit that no one understood. if you actually take the time to read oceanboy's posts over the last few years you will find that while some of it is certainly weird, it always has some foundation and a strong belief system behind it.
he doesn't always say PLUR eternal cos he's a fucked up kandykid, its because he believes it. i'm still not 100% sure what belief system it is that he subcribes too (if in fact he does subscribe 100% to one belief), but underneath all the oddity's there are some strong, and rational beliefs. fuckit, scientologists have millions of followers worldwide and they base their faith on a story about spaceships coming down thousands of years ago and arranging peoples bodies in rings around volcanoes before stealing their spirits....compared to some religious shit i've heard, oceanboy can make a bit of sense.
unconvential thought always attracts brainless flames, but i would have thought a mod wouldn't be one of them, and especially wouldn't put him in the troll category.

Last edited by a moderator:
RBB - that post was in reference to the reactions of the general BL posting population, not so much in regards to the content of either poster.
DJ Kitty whilst he may have been slightly off kilter did not actually intend to troll, and not once did I identify Oceanboy as such. To you perhaps DJ Kitty came off as obscure and random, but imho many of his posts had merit even if they were not worded in a way that was easily understandable. To say that nobody understood him credits none of the Bluelight population with the intelligence and patience to look beyond the nonsensical words to find the meaning, admittedly by the end we’d all had jack of him, but I wouldn’t in any event call him a troll which implies he deliberately made posts to cause trouble, he had a different slant on reality to the rest of us.
For both posters you need to look beneath the language for the intention behind it, my comment on it, although reading now I realise it may have not been very clear was more to say that the way we react to both posters is the same, and we don't react to Oceanboy as vehemently as we did to DJ Kitty because we don't see the posts every day.
I for one enjoy reading many of Oceanboy’s posts, however in this instance I have to agree with Pleo, we do quite often defend Oceanboy because he is Oceanboy and had almost anybody else started this thread the reaction would have been different.
I hope that clarifies what I’m trying to say, I’ve just got out of hospital this morning and I am probably more than a little vague. If it doesn’t, tough luck cause I think I’ve almost expended my brain power for today ;)

Hahahahaa, i was wondering what happened to Oceanboy.
IIIIT BEGIIINSSS!!!

i have thoroughly enjoyed watching tghis thread!!!
the funniest thing i have found i the lack of response coming from oceanboy!!
he puts the wooden spoon into the pot and waits for everyone else to give it a stir!
i must give the boy credit where credit is due, he has sucessfully managed to get everyone worked up with one post and its still going without him having to reply even once.....
i say show him how pathetic this all really is by not showing any interest.... its true if you ignore it it really does go away.

Originally posted by eddi spgeddi:
just coz you think a question is dumb doesnt mean you cant offer an intelligent response, share some of that wisdom... who made you the brain police?
Who made me the brain police? Here's you saying my post wasn't intelligent, and then you accuse me of being the brain police! LOL! ;)
I think you might have missed the bit where I said "in my opinion and mine alone"... :)
The way I see it, there's not that much to discuss... it's just a homage to the punk scene, as PeterPopper already said. I know PeterPopper personally, so I can assure you there's no real mystical meaning in the name. It just grabs your attention and sounds kinda cool. :)
Originally posted by randomblondeboy:
unconvential thought always attracts brainless flames
I say again, if an unknown greenlighter had said something as dumb as this (and had started their very own thread about it) they would have been shot down in flames before you could even blink. And nobody would defend them. Just because Oceanboy is a known "alternative thinker", he gets his own defence team whenever he says something strange. In fact, I don't even know why he posted it on bluelight in the first place - it was just a personal email he sent to the promoters. He didn't ask if people agree with him, he just pasted the email he wrote as is. What he was trying to achieve with this thread is beyond me, short of a lot of free publicity for a party crew that he doesn't seem to like or agree with.
This whole thread just makes me laugh! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Psyentist - do you remember how panicked that cow looked on top of the turret at Kryal? Another urban myth debunked...cows REALLY can't fly.
;)
Perhaps oceanboy needs to direct his attention at the real offenders out there....poor cows.... ;)

yeh and while he's at it he could try writing a sincere letter of concern to al qaeda, see if he can get them to change their name too, perhaps something a little more pleasant?

Al Qaeda means "the base". Nothing too scarey about that, is there?
Completely off topic but I I read somewhere (ie I can't find the link now) that the name "the base" comes from the "database" that Usama Bin Laden maintained of dedicated mujahadin fighters he got to know in Afghanistan and elsewhere. Basically he had a PDA full of the names of bad ass dudes, who became the core members of Al Qaeda. Now there's a Palm Pilot commercial I'd like to see ;)
Oh dear, was that in bad taste? Have I offended anyone?
muahahahhaha......
Death to political correctness. I woulda raped this thread no matter who started it.
[ 02 November 2002: Message edited by: johnboy ]

Ok guys this is well and truely raped, if oceanboy was in fact unsure of the actual meaning of the name, he has now recieved an education.

Yes well here I post..

Found this thread trough best of..

Love you all as per usual.
I honour you all.
NEway
I know this is was a valid topic when I posted.To answer those who were wondering as to why I had not more recently reposted,
I feel at the moment it was because looking back at Best of BL.

You know I could of looked at the name throgh "yobbo"/blah eyes yet I have at times a strong social conscience.

I also do feel that I had posted a quite well and succinct first statement upon the subject, not really needing resupport from me as I/it has said its thing;
and so I shall still say that
I do not feel the idea of kiling Rock Stars entertaining,
especially
(O, ethics question here, what makes one being more important than another;?;neway;)
when its one that one likes ?

For example I like to feel that the pure path of life that I (1 is?)endeavouring to follow, does not sanction the murder of another being ,let alone a foreign artistic one.
It be against UN clauses xxxx +++ as well as the Ten Commandments.Et Else.

KillRockStar Entertainment sounds like
Kill Europeans/Americans/Russians/(x) Entertainment

words do mean words, so will we please get them correct please(up 2 U...)

I am VERY commmitted & connected devotionally with Earthcore and am in love withwww.Nukleuz;.com yet because maybe of this very concept that this post was/is discussing,I found it challenging to maintain a joyful loving dance presence when Dear Nick of Nukleuz played( and I love Nukleuz.com so much)...luckingly I had witnessed his prodignousness live B4 hand.and had to some other fun crater wa(/o)ndershuffles..

Pleo please lets stay friends.
Airwalk I appreciate you deeply yet for a peaceful planet to occur, we must find peace amongst the groups and sections of society maintained.

I shall maintain my PLURwork and be hearkened always please as to those that have shone the guiding light upon the path. ....

A Guide ;
Dr MArtin Luther King Jr;
"Today there is no longer a choice between violence and nonviolence. It is either nonviolence or nonexistence. I feel that we've got to look at this total thing anew and recognize that we must live together. That the whole world now it is one--not only geographically but it has to become one in terms of brotherly concern. Whether we live in America or Asia or Africa we are all tied in a single garment of destiny and whatever effects one directly, effects one in-directly.

"I'm concerned about living with my conscience and searching for that which is right and that which is true, and I cannot live with the idea of being just a conformist following a path that everybody else follows. And this has happened to us. As I've said in one of my books, so often we live by the philosophy 'Everybody's doing it, it must be alright.' We tend to determine what is right and wrong by taking a sort of Gallup poll of the majority opinion, and I don't think this is the way to get at what is right.

"Arnold Toynbee talks about the creative minority and I think more and more we must have in our world that creative minority that will take a stand for that which conscience tells them is right, even though it brings about criticism and misunderstanding and even abuse."
Excerpted from a 1967 interview of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by Arnold Michaelis.
The University of Georgia and The Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change, Inc. (c) Estate of Martin Luther King, Jr., Mrs. Coretta Scott King, and Arnold Michaelis

Surely dear ones we learnt the basics by now?

KillRockStar Entertainment sounds like Kill Europeans/Americans/Russians/(x) Entertainment

I usually like your posts because you think differently to a lot of people here, but seriously wtf were you thinking when you typed that?