I do not find killing rock stars entertaining

Oceanboy

Bluelighter
I am partially disturbed by the name of this promoter "killrockstarentertainment" and I have written a letter to this person to amend their name.I think this would be best especially in light of world events.I do not find the idea of killing a rock star entertaining.
Here is a copy of the letter I sent;
Dear sir/Madam,
Peace.
I hope this letter finds you well.
I am writing to you because the name you have chosen I find is
unappropriate."killrockstar";what does this mean?
It goes against one of the ten commandments that "Thou shalt not kill", yet you
seem to promote killing a rock star as entertainment.It would be very nice for
everybody if you would amend your name to a non-lethal version.
Hard Music does not have to mean death,nor should ravers want to kill rock
musicians.
PLUR Eternal.
O
Nukleuz fan
Dr Martin Luther King Jr or a sincere rock star wouldn't put up with this so why should we?
Peace.

Dude, it's just a name... if they actually killed rock stars then you might have a point. But they don't.
I've seen some crazy shit from you in the past man, but this takes the cake. Are you really that pollitically correct? KillRockStar has been running parties for over two years now, and I highly doubt they're going to change their name because some fruitloop on the internet thinks it goes against what the bible tells us or something.
If it was anyone else saying this I wouldn't believe they were serious. It's just too stupid.
I propse that Future Entertainment change their name, because they run parties in the present - time travel not being invented yet. And I also propose that Hardware change their name because they don't sell any power tools and people might be confused. And lastly, I think Green Ant should change their name, on account of the fact that they are neither green, nor ants.

Poor Oceanboy :(
I propose they change their nickname to "killbabiesentertainment" :D

How about Killbluelighterswhoaresofarupthemselvesthattheycan'tappreciate
humourwithoutbaggingouttheoriginatorofitEntertaiment

Oceanboy strikes again!
Big ups & Rezzzzzzzzpec! :D
-plaz out-
[ 30 October 2002: Message edited by: plazma ]

Originally posted by plazma:
How about Killbluelighterswhoaresofarupthemselvesthattheycan'tappreciate
humourwithoutbaggingouttheoriginatorofitEntertaiment

Oceanboy strikes again!
Big ups & Rezzzzzzzzpec! :D
-plaz out-
[ 30 October 2002: Message edited by: plazma ]
You'd be first in line...

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew I shoulda closed this before i went to bed, although then i would have missed out on Pleo's reply and he said it better than I ever could.
Oceanboy I find it lovely that you have strength in your beliefs to the exclusion of commonsense. It must be amazing to have such faith.
P.L.U.R
[edit] ok eddi spgeddi rightly pointed out that not one of us has actually been constructive as yet.
Also it's really important to remember that tone does not carry well over the internet.
soooooo carry on
[ 31 October 2002: Message edited by: PsychoKitten ]

ah dammit, I was only having some fun ;)
Besides, I think Oceanboy has the last laugh in all this, seeing us carrying on like jaded old ladies on a sunday afternoon at the bowls :)

Oceanboy in the this industry the name of a crew or event is part of the marketing mix and its aim is to envoke some sort of reaction or thought. Whether is be a cool name or emotion or some line of thought. This also goes to offending some groups as it quite often brings out negative reaction and reply and quite honestly all publicity is good piblicity.
So in effect your reaction has garnished in part the desired reult from the crew. I personally find a unique name and that means its worked for me.
Pay no attention to names of crews as they will rarely if ever actually represent the true nature of their thought processes.
Anyway I could sit here all day sprouting marketing 101 but I won't.
A.

Haste: Love your work.
Oceanboy: Err... Love your work?
From the very first time I heard the name KillRockStar I thought it was just fucking awesome. Unique and powerful, yet with no real worldly attachment due to the fact that they are a rave crew... they arent.... killing... rock stars.. Geddit?
Oh the humanity. Ocean just made my hash brown that little bit more satisfying.

i often find that i disagree with the content of threads and then be totally inconsistant by publishing poor taste threads myself.
but i was drawn to the killrockstar thread. attempted defend oceanboys position and also give people the chance to suggest what they inferred was the meaning behind the name "killrockstar." i actually found it interesting too and hoped a few people might have some constructive commentary!!
i started my own thread questionning psychokitten's moderation and offering people to reopen discussion on the topic, then without much discussion.... bang you lock me as well!!
its ok kitty... i not take it personally.(this was wrong of me, and i apologize for questionning authority in the wrong manner)
now to the good bit... what does killrockstar mean? [edit]*** warning follows is just an opinion ***
well its simply like "video killed the radio star" by the buggles.
killrockstar implies that the rockstar days will be swallowed up by the "new sound" or the electronic music age. it is harmless and kinda witty... but not very original
and finally, thanks airwalk.
and thanx BL for another entertaing morning.
cheers guys
cuoutthere
[ 31 October 2002: Message edited by: eddi spgeddi ]

Aus social would be so boring without Oceanboy. At least he has a different perspective on things.
Some of us should refrain from replying to this post as they are a bit closer to 'Killrockstar' entertainment than most and are less than objective.
Peterpoppa must love this kind of publicity ;)

^So true...PP is sure to be be sitting there with a big ol' grin on his face. :D
nuff said...

Originally posted by killarava2day:
What about 'killaravaentertainment', i think that has a nice ring to it ;)
Has a poetic ring to it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is Oceanboi, and where can I send the cheque?!? This is a joke right?!?
Imagine if we went with our original idea; BabyRaper Entertainment... LOL! ;)

In all seriousness though the name KillRockStar has its roots in the punk scene, which is an area I draw alot of inspiration from. The name represents another form of dark aggressive music...
Oceanbitch, if you dont like the name, then you certainly wont like our parties... So, ummmmm, dont come.
Ps. Fuck PLUR, fuck it right in the ear! :)

....that visual is going to stay with me all day now! :(
Damn punks, I mean hippies, I mean ravers, I mean....uh....
nuff said...