• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How much education did you have when you first took drugs?

about 6months of reading erowid and other random sites
then from 0 to utterly trashed off cocktails of drugs in 6months

I am almost the opposite to most of the replies so far. I smoked the occasional joint every 2 or 3 months and had half a pill when I was 24 or so, but that was about it for the next 4 or so years.

Fast forward to a year or so ago, and a mates bday, we decided out of the blue to try some e's that night. We knew the the guy we were getting the stuff off and he informed us what it was going to be like, to keep hydrated ect. Needless to say had an amazing night after I got over the intial come up that scared the shit out of me.

From there stumbled on erowid and obviously bluelight and have lived happily ever after.
:|

I first tried drugs at the age of 15 in the form of marijuana and had little education - I knew it got you high and that was about the extent of it. A year later I had my first magic mushie experience and this was again under very little knowledge - i was totaly unprepared and suffered a really bad trip that freaked me out completely. From there on onwards I researched everything (drug) that I consumed, and with the advent of the internet it became a much easier task. I spent 6 months researching MDMA before I took it.

i smoked pot from when i was 12 until about 16 not really knowing anything other than you got high.
i tried half a tab of acid when i was about 15 knowing nothing about it however i was with much older and experienced people.
when i started on pills, speed, everything else i was very educated. my boyfriend at the time was into the scene and posted on bluelight and pillreports and read everything there was to read about every drug. he was very into being educated about drugs and understanding how they worked so naturally he wanted me to understand the same if i was to take drugs. when i had my first pill (which we knew was a speedbomb before we bought it) he made me have justa a quarter and next time i had more and more. my first ecstasy was an original blue MTV and it was so good.
we also tested all the pills we took and looked for info on bl and pillreports. so all in all, i consider myself to have been pretty educated when i satrted taking drugs seriously.

I grew up absolutely surounded by dope up in the Dandenongs. I reckon everyone who grew up up there had tried it by 15/16. I never got into it because I saw all these people who became zombies and really fucked up mentallty at a young age.... it made me scared to do it. Probably a few bad bong water swallowing experiences didnt help either! I think this was a good education for me....and/or maybe it just helped me get my education/career done first. Anyway, I'm glad because I know I have a destructive/addictive side.... and could easily have got really off track early on. Definately not casting a negative view on young people trying things now.... I think if I grew up in an area where weed was used in a better environment then I would have done it more often. I see the good side of weed now. For me, its ideal for relaxation after a mdxx, speed etc... episode.

Currently studying for my Phd in MDxx, start my second year in March @ RMXX.

^^hey...I also grew up in that area...lots of pot heads out that way I think I tried it when I was 13...

the first drug i ever tried was mushrooms and i was very educated about it. i did a project on them for my 11th grade health class. prior to that i had absolutely no interest in trying drugs at all- it's funny that school turned me on to them.

i read plenty on erowid and other online sources and since then whenever i have tried something new i've always read up on it plenty.

i've never tried a drug not knowing much about it.

I used to go to parties/raves never knowing a damn thing about anything and having a good time, then I moved to london. First pill .... like, HOLY SHIT!!! Never looked back since ;)

When I first when to London years ago I was invited to a rave....didnt know what one was so said no..... spewing now of course.

i actually went on bluelight and got addicted to it before i took any drugs... well apart from weed ofcourse. so that was good, i had a good knowlege already. plus some helpful bluelighters introducing me to things came in handy too...

When I first smoked weed I think I was more "experimenting" with drugs and had no education. Kind of like the first time you masturbate and you don't really even realise whats about to happen and then all of a sudden, BOOM! It cums from no where and you kinda just discover how nice it really is and want to keep doing it more and more...

Ecstasy - *Laughs* - The first time I popped E I only remember reading that Anna Woods book and thinking, WTF am I doing? - About 45 minutes later I really didn't care anymore :D - Off my chopholios!

From that day forward my life has changed....

So education, minimal. I'm much wiser now and normally do a lot of reading up on a substance before I take it. Research is the key!

shal...

Next time, Why shal did enough cocaine to kill a horse.

first time i ever smoked weed, it was just to do it, and i dont think u really need any education to smoke dope

the first time i ever dropped a pill, i was 17, and altho i myself had done absolutely no research, i had the 6 months of research done by moebro, and a couple of other dudes to rely on, and they were able to tell me what it would be like etc, so i think i was pretty well prepared..... the main thing i was concerned with was making sure i wasnt going to die lol

eze451 said:
the first time i ever dropped a pill, i was 17, and altho i myself had done absolutely no research, i had the 6 months of research done by moebro, and a couple of other dudes to rely on, and they were able to tell me what it would be like etc, so i think i was pretty well prepared..... the main thing i was concerned with was making sure i wasnt going to die lol

Yeah -- I was in the same boat at the time. Didn't know anything, didn't do any research myself, just relied on my friends also.

absolutely zero research.

Which is why I fucked myself royally and took a K pill that I thaught was an E.

You live and you learn I suppose.

I knew that if I swallowed a little pill I was supposed to get fucked.

But I didnt get fucked on the first three times I took one.

So I told this guy at the forth rave I went too that pills didnt work on me. And he laughed, said here swallow this and gave me a sus looking cap. And I took it. And twenty minutes later I exploded into a blob of spastic hugging, insane dancing, bizzare facial expressions and half finished sentances. Then about nine hours later when they forcefully removed me from the dance floor and threw me out, still babbling incoherently and inverting my jaw to the side of my head I decided that I aught to learn something about this drug that had so effectively turned me into a gibbering idiot.

I took my first pill at 19 years old, it was at a Sydney club (my first real dance music orientated place)

before that I used to hate the music, the lasers, the dancing - to me it seemed stupid - I was into rock/heavy-metal music greatly and that music didn't appeal to me at all....

I went to (A sydney club - venue removed, sorry guys I forgot), dumped a Pink Panther, sat around in the lounge area drinking Scotch and Cokes for about 3 hours.... then when I stood up I remember saying to my cousin...

"I dont know what this is, but this is fucking AWESOME...."

then I vaguely remember wandering around *removed* for hours - having a dance - wandering a bit more and just exploring the place....

from that moment on I've never looked back once or regretted doing it, it was the first time I took any drug and it was the first time I really opened my mind up to everything... before that I think I was a pretty closed-minded individual....

*editted* sorry guys, I just remembered something and had to quickly remove venue names :)

Last edited: