• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How much education did you have when you first took drugs?

I knew very little.

I came home from work tired, a friend said here have a line. I wanted to stay up with my friends ... so i took it. Had a very good night :)

The very next night my bf and I were going out with the same friends and they'd bought me a pill. A friend wrote on my hand 'Its not real' ... that was probably as much as i knew.

Had great fun both nights .. awwww.

In terms of certificates only my primary school one. Dope only very little. MDMA quite a bit (pillreports). LSD/DXM shitloads (erowid/BL/lycaeum). 2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine half a pharmacology degree

Not much actually...it was sort of looked down up by most of the people in my group. And I at the time thought that only dickheada and wankers took the shit!

It was actually quite funny how it all happened. A friend was back from London and he said he done it a far bit over there as it was quite cheap (Unfortunatly it's a alot different here in price).

We actually weren't going to try them, we were going to try other stuff but we were told that these were the shit (Red Ferraris's)...

and yeah haven't looked back since....:D :D =D =D

none what so ever!!!
I just knew it was possible to get some e and did not think of anything
I know a little more now!

i listened to all 4 cypress hill cds, so i can safely say i was fully aware of the drugs i chose to consume

dont be reckless kids

I was lucky in the respect my mother dealt with alot of drug addicts in her line of work so she always had alot of information from welfare agencies laying around the place to read. Plus she did some work for Biala for a while so I learnt about harm minimisation from a young age.
I also owned a few MIM's so I had a fairly good idea about pharmies.
And when I started to rave at 16 I hooked up with people aged in their mid 20's to early 30's so they taught me to be responsible :)

Of course I did'nt heed this when I started hanging out with people closer to my own age and I kick myself to this day that I did'nt LOL

I had been fascinated with LSD since I first read about it in an encyclopedia. That was ten years ago. Since then I had heard a lot of stories of people going crazy after taking acid. That people were never quite the same after that, and it as always spoken in a negative way. As though it was in the same league as heroin, which I had also been grossly misinformed about. Bloody hell, it's not going to kill ya! Needless to say, I didn't do any deep research into it until this year.

My first illegal drug was weed like everyone else, but I never got into it. I knew jack shit about it except that it 'wasn't addictive', 'is impossible to overdose on' and 'is less harmful than tobacco'. Even if it turned out to be (almost) true, I was still grossly uninformed.

My first illegal high was ecstasy. Now before then I was one of those anti-drug people, who had a habit of drinking too much and making an ass of himself. I didn't know much about it except for the (exaggerated) inherent danger. I thought e's were going to fuck me up royal, like I wouldn't be able to control myself and I'd get addicted or overdose and die. Not that I cared at the time, I had a few personal issues I wanted to escape by drowning my sorrows and losing brownie points with the girl the issues involved. My God was I wrong. Even though I don't remember that night too well, I was in more control on e's than I ever was drunk. I'm not even too sure my sorrows were drowned, but I was definately over that girl after my first pills. As for those issues I was dealing with, they disappeared, resurfaced recently, only this time I have the maturity to deal with them properly.

Now going back to LSD, my first experience with that was in July this year. It was the infamous bermuda triangle. I bought one thinking it was ecstasy, and I was off my chops at the time so it was an impulse buy. I didn't know the significance of the bermuda triangles until after my trip, not even from pillreports. However I did know of 'tripstasy' going around but I assumed it was MDA or a research chemical. Nothing could prepare me for LSD. It was nothing I expected and more than I imagined. Totally blew me away. I did a lot of things that night that I regretted in the morning. I thought I would die or get stuck in the trip or forever be scarred by the experience. And to an extent I was. It reminded me of why I was anti-drugs in the first place and that they deserved respect. It was at least a month before I could bring myself to touch another pill. I swore off the triangles too. But I'm back on them both so it's all good. =D

None whatsoever. In fact a very bad experience is one of the reasons I started posting here in the first place...

I didn't have any education on drugs at all. I only knew what I was told by my mum and that was that any illegal drugs that you take will cause physical addiction and most likely kill you. The first drug I ever tried was weed and that was with trusted friends who were all doing it. Once I tried it I liked it so I used to do it with my friends all the time. Thats pretty much when the flood gates opened and I tryed anything that my mates would try without any research on the drug at all, all I needed was a mate to say "you'll be right mate, it wont kill you" and I would try it. Now with the help of the internet and sites like this and erowid I research every drug that I am going to try.

I educated myself like a motherfucker. Our drug education in high school wasn't very comprehensive or accurate-- essentially, this is what it looks like, this is what it does, this is how it kills you. We got all the horror stories about how people died after having one pill (of course, the teacher also forgot to mention how one silly bint drank so much water her brain lining swelled, and then shut herself away in a closet), they brought in a heroin addict, and everything was pretty much that substances will destroy your lives.

So yeah, I was pretty boring for a couple of years after high school. :p

My attitude mellowed upon making friends who were drug users (not addicts-- I had never realised there was even a distinction). Eventually, I started researching substances, educating myself in a way that health classes never did. I learnt enough to counteract my paranoia. Only when I felt that I knew enough about anything to be able to take it safely and responsibly, did I try it.

I wouldn't change that approach for anything. To this day I have never had a bad trip, never had to go to hospital, not suffered any psychological damage, and I have not regretted anything when the morning came. To that end it has worked well for me in the past, and I expect it will in future if I ever decide to experiment further. :)

With the easy access to the internet kids have today, there really is NO EXCUSE for going into these things blind...

The first illegal substance I tried was weed when I was 14. No idea what to expect, didn't know anything about it. Smoked it out of curiosity, and perhaps because of a lil peer pressure.

Also when I was 14, I remember someone giving me some anti-depressants and anti-psychotics to take. I didn't (and still don't) know what they were, or what they were supposed to do. It was a fairly stupid thing to do I guess.

When I was 15, I got a job, and the majority of the staff were older than me, and most were frequent drug users. So I got told a lot of stories about their drug use and things of that nature. This made me want to try other drugz even more, so one of my workmates decided to take me out just after I turned 16, and he gave me G (well, I now know that it was actually 1,4 B). I didn't know anything about it, except that it was supposed to be kinda like ecstasy, and that you shouldn't drink alcohol with it. I was so damn naive.

At the end of Year 10, I started to get interested in dance music, and the rave scene and culture, and I collected posters, read up on events and wore heaps of kandi, but I didn't actually go raving til year 12.

So in year 12, my friends and I were all really keen to try ecstasy, speed and other drugz. The first thing I had was ritalin, which my friend had been prescribed. My friends and I would snort it before going to parties, where everyone else was blind drunk. I didn't know anything about it at all.

Then, at my Year 12 formal, we graduated to real speed and did lines in the toilets. Again, i didn't know anything about it. And at the afterparty, I had half a pill (green honda), without knowing what to expect, what was supposed to happen to my body, the risks involved. I was clueless.

This became an almost fortnightly activity, and I'd go to 18th's, house parties, or clubs (using a fake id) and take pills, all the while having no idea what I was actually ingesting.

It was after I started seeing some fcuked up shit happen to other people whilst out clubbing that lead me to seek out info on what I was actually taking, and that's how I found pill reports, and eventually bluelight.

Sorry bout the essay length response... kinda nice to reminisce about my stupidity.

I think I convinced a friend to pop a pill last night after debunking a lot of common myths surrounding ecstasy. Specifically the ones where drug users are stupid (with myself as living proof, I don't think I'm quite all there but he does), it's more dangerous than alcohol and altered states are a bad thing. I should have made him read that New Scientist article from a week ago but I think he got the idea. He's still apprehensive and it'll be a while before he actually goes through with it, but I think he'll come around in the end. In the meantime I'll probably make him do his homework so he won't be as clueless as I was when I started.

First time i did i was probably more educated than most people were on their first time, but having said that i didn't know shit.

I was supervised by my sis, had read a lot of articles and i think i had read a lot of this site (thanks to internet history and my sis posting here). Plus my abnormal interest in chemistry at school definatly meant that detailed research was conducted. Then ... dumped ... danced ... chewed my cheek raw .... and came down with the knowledge that i knew nothing about everything and that words don't really describe things too well.

I was going to post a new thread but thought that this would be the best place to post...

I have heard (not that it has happen to me...yet!) that on a come down you can get the shits?

Is this statement true? Or is it a way just to scare people for doing it?

Dan1979 said:
I was going to post a new thread but thought that this would be the best place to post...

I have heard (not that it has happen to me...yet!) that on a come down you can get the shits?

Is this statement true? Or is it a way just to scare people for doing it?

you'll just feel like absolute shit, it's like going from being the happiest in the world to nothing in the matter of 8 hours...

THANK GOD! I was a bit worried when I was told that, but thanks for that info =D

It depends on the person and use. Some people never get comedowns, some people get them easily, some people get them from using (more than just seldom).

Originally posted by eze451
first time i ever smoked weed, it was just to do it, and i dont think u really need any education to smoke dope

the first time i ever dropped a pill, i was 17, and altho i myself had done absolutely no research, i had the 6 months of research done by moebro, and a couple of other dudes to rely on, and they were able to tell me what it would be like etc, so i think i was pretty well prepared..... the main thing i was concerned with was making sure i wasnt going to die lol

ditto to that. like all of it, just replace moebro with another persons name.

and lmao about the "the main thing i was concerned about was making sure i wasn't going to die". exactly the same thing was going through my mind : i should be sweet, i'm only taking one pill yeah, and i'll drop it quarter by quarter.... yeah i'll be alright. oh fuck, i really hope i dont die.

i was alright and my friends did a really good job of looking after me that night. but yeah i had no proper knowledge prior too :\

^^^^ I was like that as well. I was 16... I didn't research what I was about to do, just heard stories. I knew my mate did it alot and it was a mad feeling and I knew I was the sort of person who had to experience everything, I was already smoking, drinking and pulling cones so I thought I might aswell dump!! I was scared and not prepared but my mate took care of me that night. I just hoped I wasn't going to react to it...I was so scared...kept on thinking how everyone's body is different...what about mine can I be cool with it?? It was an average experience but I was so freaked out that I didn't do it again till I was 18... I thought my first time was irresponsible so I waited in a sense to have another first time! It worked, it was at a rave. I did it and that was the best experience ever, haven't looked back since!

^Haha, the old 'I hope I don't die' train of thought from the first pill! I got that too but the worst part of it was my friend who sold me the pill was having an argument with his girlfriend so I had to ditch him. Then half an hour later some other friends showed up and saw me through. :D

I've convinced someone to trip with me as well. It's gonna happen next weekend. I pointed her to Erowid and Bluelight so she could do her homework on LSD and she seems quite fascinated. Hopefully her first trip will go better than mine, not that the big bad trip is anything to be afraid of.

That makes three people I've convinced to try certain drugs this summer. =D