• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How much education did you have when you first took drugs?

the first few pills i had was with my sister how had been doing them for a few years. She told me what to expect etc. So i felt i was some what educated, but thanks to BL i know a whole lot more

onetwothreefour said:
Originally posted by sonic_reality
the first drug i had was acid
(i was sick of pot)

right...you *do* realise that pot is a drug, don't you? admittedly, acid is still a pretty "interesting" choice when you'd never had pills before, but weed *is* a psychedelic, too.

haha, yeah i do realise pot is a drug. but by then, it just seemed like an everyday occurance. like smoking ciggies(which i realise are also drugs ;) )!

it was strange, i took acid before i ever even got pissed! i never have like alcohol :\

really no one can be educated when first dumping. the best you can do is do it with someone who is expirenced. you never know whats going to happen.

^^^ this is entirely incorrect. of course, to a certain extent it has to be experienced to really know what's happening, but i was well aware of pretty much everything that happened on my first pill, well before i took it.

I was not educated enough. but thanks to bluelight I'm a lot better informed these days. As a nightclub promoter that has helped me in about six situations when I've dealt with ppl od'ing.

Hmmm weed. Knew NOTHING of the effects. I knew it was green and that it was consumed by smoking. I knew it existed in this big category called "DRUGS" (that I knew NOTHING about) and I knew that because my older brother was offering me, that I should try it. I think I was under the impression that it was like amphetamine (though of course I knew even less about that...probably didnt even know it existed). Anyway...1st time I toke 1/2 a bowl and I am jumping around all energetic afterwards...I ask my bro if this is what its like and he is like "Ummm....No." In addition, he scored me INCREDIBLY small deals and I was probably buying schwag (bush) back then without knowing better.
- I knew FUCK ALL about weed when i first started.

I took my first rave cookie or pill when I was seriously un-knowledgeable (still am compared to alot on this site...but I know a fair bit now). I knew they were associated with rave culture and dancing, but I knew little of the effects beyond that (I had never heard of BL, Pillreports or Erowid). Anyway, I think I thought it was similar to LSD or some kinda trip and that people could EASILY die from doing it (didnt scare me though???). I thought it was MUCH MUCH MUCH more powerful/intense than it is and since I had only smoked weed, thought that pills too had that drastic change in mind-frame/consciousness that you get. When I 1st peaked, I exclaimed: "How could this ever go wrong?! And kind of thought the lack of 'Fuckedness' was a let down".
- Now I understand.

With the rest of my drug experimentation and use I have been well-informed and educated.

Wow!!! Not only have I been an absolute POST-WHORE of late....but I have been writing really fucking long posts....
Sorry People....

^^^ long posts are good man! see, it's quality, not quantity. unfortunately, i could stand to follow some of my own advice :)

Q: "How much education did I have when I first took drugs?"
A: Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Computer Systems) 1997 and Victorian Certificate of Education (Year 12) 1992. =D

Seriously... not enough. I had a pretty fucked up experience the third time I tried pills. Although if I did it all again, it's hard to imagine I would have gone to the extent of posting on bluelight or dancesafe boards in advance.

onetwothreefour said:
^^^ long posts are good man! see, it's quality, not quantity. unfortunately, i could stand to follow some of my own advice :)

pffftt like you belive that mr "omg i'll read that later" ;)

Age 17, finished year 12 and was ready for the world. I first got stoned with an older (already pot experienced mate). We were picked up hitching by an older smooth looking dude who blew our minds with Tai Buddha. He gave us a stick on dropping us at our doorstep.... so it was quite a shock to learn sometime later that the dude was no other than the notorious Mr Asia, responsible for most of NZ and Australia's imported pot at the time, and later for his involvement in several ghastly killings! 8(

First used DOM, then LSD at 19, 2 years into a 4 year Electronics Apprenticeship.

Tried speed for one binge period only at 20 and never touched it again for 10 years.

At 22, qualified as a Radio and Electronics Technician, I came to Australia and first tried psilocybin.

I first used MDMA in 1989 at age 30 and haven't been the same since ;) Besides all the usual things, the chemistry (or my lack of understanding of the syntheses) ate at me until I eventually enrolled to study the subject. My intentions were never to make MDMA, just to learn the chemistry and the pharmacology of these drugs. But as time went on I was drawn towards the toxicology of drugs, particularly MDMA, and its accompanying impurities. Other HM work followed and here we are...

I think they are the most relevant ones. Any other's have been either experimental or curiosity kills one off occasions.

As for what drug information I possessed with each new drug experience; Certainly more than just about anyone I knew at the time, but only that which I'd sourced and pieced together myself. It was far from a complete picture, and far less than most bluelighters would know today.

i knew pretty much nothing.

i actually *thought* that i may DIE taking my first pill, i even left a note for my parents in my bedroom saying how sorry i was for being so stupid in case i did die....hmmmmmm

*but* after i did have my first pill i researched and read up about it for a few months before i took my next one. and been fairly educated on other sorts of drugs ever since.

^^Lol, its good to see you were prepared for the worst.
Yeah me too man...I thought I would die the first time. Hahaha after I munched the pill I wanted to throw it up because I was scared of dying.

I did lots of research before I started taking drugs, bluelight taught me heaps, and the dancesafe slideshow and the old hyperreal.org (now erowid). I knew a LOT about MDMA before I started using it, and always thoroughly research new chemicals I intend to try.

Hell I even researched weed back in the day :)

None, I gobbled everything offered to me like candy, I didn't care and still don't... ISEEDEADPEOPLE

Try not to be such an ass, okay?

I had some rudimentary knowledge before I first took drugs, I had been offered a pill, and was naturally dubious, so I had checked out a bit of ecstasy.org, and erowid to learn all I could before the night I planned to take it. (yay for paranoia!) I panicked at the last second, and called in a friend who had a testing kit to come test it for me before I dropped.

Since that episode, I went like a sponge to Erowid and read up on all I could, I can't help being paranoid about stuff, so I read a lot.

Having said that though, all the reading on Erowid was nothing like the actual learning experience once you took the drug, Erowid educated me, but the actual drug fucking schooled me...

Mean Girl said:
but the actual drug fucking schooled me... [/B]

Same. my freinds tried to teach me about seretonin levels and how e will effect me but i didnt really understand until i actually tried the drug.