• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How much dxm are you using?

Roger&Me said:
Dissociatives definitely cause brain damage if used heavily.
One sub-anaesthetic "line dose" of ketamine, an equivalent dose of PCP, or a third plateau DXM dose, is probably at least as damaging to your brain as a few day "bender" on hard liquor, and possibly more so because it affects specific areas of the brain.
The risk of brain damage is worse the longer you stay high at any given time; constant moderate-dose use is probably just as damaging as a brief, high-dose use.
Reaching the anaesthetic level is exceedingly hard on your brain.
Ketamine is probably the least harmful, PCP the most, and DXM somewhere in the middle, but this is a rough guesstimate. Nitrous oxide is brief acting, but it too may be dangerous; it is also known to damage both central and peripheral nerves by depleting vitamin B12

Some people may be more susceptible to Olney's lesions than others. There is, to my knowledge, NO way of knowing how susceptible you are.

In addition to brain damage, these drugs can also trigger psychosis, limbic seizures, temporal lability, depression, and other neurological and psychological diseases much more frequently than other types of drugs. The dissociatives can be highly addictive to a minority of users. In comparison, the marijuana and the serotonergic psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, peyote, DMT) are many times safer.

People who have used dissociatives heavily have shown clear evidence of brain damage. This is not necessarily conclusive, since the people who become addicted to them might have underlying conditions (specifically, temporal lobe complex partial seizures) which could be responsible for some of the damage. Nonetheless, I can't ignore the fact that most everyone who uses dissociatives both frequently and heavily ends up with some sort of neurological or psychological problem, ranging from impaired memory to a schizophrenia-like syndrome. Many of the impairments correspond exactly to the areas of the brain damaged in lab animals.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health1.shtml

william white retracted those statements. And i am quiting dxm tomorrow. Its going to be hell but i have to do it. Im going to army boot camp btw.

And whoever said they took 3.5 grams in one sitting is bs'ing. thats way beyond the lethal dose ammount

I apologize for posting that out-of-date information. That was certainly irresponsible of me. I still think habitual use of dxm is extensively harmful to cognitive function; if not proven to cause organic brain damage in humans.

I'm glab you're quitting dxm; and good luck in boot camp.

^I firmly believe dissociatives can and do cause specific brain damage, even though it hasn't been thoroughly proven in humans

I'm typing this as I’m coming down off of my first DXM trip. At this point it is still difficult for me to concentrate.

I drank 300ml of tussin, I think it came out to 600mg of DXM overall. The trip was not enjoyable for me, most of the time I was nauseous. I was high for maybe 6 hours and during that period I felt like my mind couldn’t concentrate on anything for more than a couple seconds. I’m not 100% sure if I had any true ego loss, but at one point I felt like I was floating in my room, and it was almost like I could look down at my body on the bed laying there motionless. The air felt very heavy and thick. My mind would go from one idea to another very quickly and it seemed like I couldn’t focus on anything. I was in a constant state of discomfort, like I suddenly had an idea to do something then instantly it became a bad idea for some reason. I would think “I’m hungry” and get up to go make food then a second later the thought of food was repulsive. It was a constant state of unrest.

At one point I was staring at a fan and after a while the swirling blades started to meld together to make some sort of crazy illusion. I saw all kinds of patterns and shapes in it.

I felt as if my consciousness had been ripped out of my body, it was incredible and horrifying at the same time, I don’t recommend it. While this trip defiantly had some good parts the negative effects are way too harsh. For the first time in my life I cant seem to control my short-term memory. Never doing this again.

Almost a year ago I was using 800-1200mg of DXM Polistrex daily depending on how much I could fit in my pockets at the time. I would steal bottles upon bottles of Delsym from any store that had it. I only paid for it once, and used for half a year.

nuke said:
30-90mg as needed. It's the only thing that works for my depression/anxiety states (aside from ketamine), and I've been on most of the major reuptake inhibitors. Benzos leave me too fucked up after I stop taking them.

you prefer it to opiates for that purpose?

colors said:
you prefer it to opiates for that purpose?
Yes, opiates actually make it a lot worse. Once after I had a couple of vicodin for pain I came close to killing myself!

I drank 300ml of tussin, I think it came out to 600mg of DXM overall. The trip was not enjoyable for me, most of the time I was nauseous.
I find that if I have gelcaps or pure DXM compared to syrups I get pretty much no nausea -- I don't know what it is about it, but it always seems to make my stomach really upset, whereas with pure DXM I can eat a whole pizza and then some ice cream and never think once about puking.

the nauseau was constant for my first like 10 trips, and if i take a long break, it comes back again for the first 1 or 2 trips. I can't take a high dose after a break because I will just upchuck it.

you get used to the condition, and for me, at least, the nauseau goes away and is left with euphoria.

i can't stomach gelcaps -- they make me vomit everytime. so different preparations might be better for different people. I get no nauseau from any DXM except gelcaps.

How different is the Delsym from dxm hbr, since its poli-somthing or whatever, does it just last longer?

When I enjoyed it:

1st dose: 100 mg, first plateau
next six or so (spaced 2 weeks to a month): ~350 mg, 2nd plateau
one third plateau at ~650 mg (it sucked. too wasted to think.)

revisitation after 4 years: 110 mg, 1st plateau (didn't like it. never again.)

Care said:
I'm typing this as I’m coming down off of my first DXM trip. At this point it is still difficult for me to concentrate.

I drank 300ml of tussin, I think it came out to 600mg of DXM overall. The trip was not enjoyable for me, most of the time I was nauseous. I was high for maybe 6 hours and during that period I felt like my mind couldn’t concentrate on anything for more than a couple seconds. I’m not 100% sure if I had any true ego loss, but at one point I felt like I was floating in my room, and it was almost like I could look down at my body on the bed laying there motionless. The air felt very heavy and thick. My mind would go from one idea to another very quickly and it seemed like I couldn’t focus on anything. I was in a constant state of discomfort, like I suddenly had an idea to do something then instantly it became a bad idea for some reason. I would think “I’m hungry” and get up to go make food then a second later the thought of food was repulsive. It was a constant state of unrest.

At one point I was staring at a fan and after a while the swirling blades started to meld together to make some sort of crazy illusion. I saw all kinds of patterns and shapes in it.

I felt as if my consciousness had been ripped out of my body, it was incredible and horrifying at the same time, I don’t recommend it. While this trip defiantly had some good parts the negative effects are way too harsh. For the first time in my life I cant seem to control my short-term memory. Never doing this again.

how much do you weigh? and do you smoke weed? if you do, smoking weed will get rid of the nausea. Also the thing to do on lower doses like that is to listen to some music on your ipod and just close your eyes

Is it possible I have some sort of tolerance to it? I think I may of lost alot of dxm in my extraction process but I took a whole bottle of these pills with dxm/guaif in them and dissolved in boiled water for 3 minutes, and then extracted water which gets rid of the guaif, but I'm tihnking it gets rid of alot of dxm too. Because the first time I did this I used a starting amount of 300mg in 15 pills, I felt nothing but had a full stomach, so I tried again but with the whole bottle on an empty stomach, I think I felt minor effects because I seemed to stumble a little bit and be off balance, but that was all.

Ason Unique said:
How different is the Delsym from dxm hbr, since its poli-somthing or whatever, does it just last longer?

deslym contains dxm poli which is an edible plastic the is used for time release. because of the time release the dxm poli lasts for up to 12 hours and is generally a more of a body high and not as intense as dxm hbr. The body actually converts the dxm poli into DXO which accounts for the more of a body high instead of mind fuckage like dxm hbr.

Also the dxm hbr absorbs faster usually taking 1 hour whereas the dxm poli takes between an 1 and a half two 2 and a half hours.
'
I find the best combo for a 3rd level plateau is 400 of deslym (dxm poli) and 400 of dxm hbr (tussin/gel caps/ zicam/lozenges). this way you get the mind fuckage lightly and an intense body high. perfect for music or playing ones favorite game. just make sure theres not too many controls.

Also some weed for nausea and it usually is perfect for the 5th hour in when the hbr tends to starting dying down

>>I firmly believe dissociatives can and do cause specific brain damage, even though it hasn't been thoroughly proven in humans>>

Such damage hasn't even been proven in animals, except under conditions that are FAR more extreme than any recreational dose.

^^^agreed, ebola?^^^

The largest dose of DXM that I ever used was 2.2g. I don't think my brain has recovered from that yet, and that was almost five years ago. Of course, I've used alot alot alot of hallucinogenic drugs over the past five years, and I know that there's alot that will never be the same about myself. And I'm terrible at communicating with people that I don't know well.

I find DXM to be somewhat dirty feeling these days.
It's like the crack of dissociatives.

But now, you've got me thinking that if I don't get my hands on a hit of L or a roll today, then I might just trip dex for old times sake.

I had some extracted DXM recently. I took 300 mgs and it was more than enough for me, but i was also on a dose of LSD so maybe that had something to do with it.

350mg only gives me a strong +, and 500-600 gives me a ++, 700 or so gives me a +++. i wish the damn numbers weren't so high.

If you want to keep your dose down, try combining with cannabis. For me at least, just a hit or two can make a 350mg dose as intense as a 700mg, and can bring me to a VERY disassociated mindset when laying in the dark with closed eyes.

When I'm on DXM is basically the only time I smoke anymore. The two just combine so perfectly, its like it was meant to be. =)

I've never done more than ~150 mg of dxm. what dose would it take to approximate a fat line of good K?