View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How much dxm are you using?

whatme worry?

Bluelighter
On average im curious about when you first started dxm to now, how much your use has gone up or down and why. And any signs of addiction?

When i first started I stuck to 1st plateau/2nd plateau (300-mid 600's) enjoying the feeling it gave me but not knowing its full potential

. As time went on I am now doing only 4th plateau trips (1200-1500) now being fully immersed. Ive been doing dxm for 8 months now and am addicted to it as weird as that may seem. I now dose 300 mgs in the morning and trip at night with my high doses.

rarely high dose trips anymore. now i just stick to 500-700 for a nice second p.

The craziest was 1800mg whithin 5 hours + 1 150mg wellbutrin which was a stupid idea, I was out, walking around the bar street area trying to get some hash... I probably looked like a fucking psycho... finally got some shit and after a J, Holy fucking $%^&*, time basically stoped.......... the rest is impossible to put into words.

I was still tripping 3 days after that because of the wellbutrin...

Dxmmonster said:
rarely high dose trips anymore. now i just stick to 500-700 for a nice second p.

The craziest was 1800mg whithin 5 hours + 1 150mg wellbutrin which was a stupid idea, I was out, walking around the bar street area trying to get some hash... I probably looked like a fucking psycho... finally got some shit and after a J, Holy fucking $%^&*, time basically stoped.......... the rest is impossible to put into words.

I was still tripping 3 days after that because of the wellbutrin...

you ever feel like you were getting addicted through your use? and how were you walking around town on 1800? ITs hard for me to get to the bathroom on 1500 lol 8o

what said:
you ever feel like you were getting addicted through your use? and how were you walking around town on 1800? ITs hard for me to get to the bathroom on 1500 lol 8o

Yes, I was quite psychologically addicted at one point. Just never wanted the trip to end. THat was like a couple of years ago.

And hell yeah walking around was hard. I was stumbling every two steps,most of the time I basically just stood in one place trying to figure out how my phone workd. Finally dialing a number and getting a friend over to help me out a bit.

All that DXM that got into my body was not being turned into DXO because of the strong CYP2D6 inhibiting effects of wellbutrin, and DXM is much more stimulating/psychotic and delusional than DXO which is really stony and much more dissociative. Im sure If I was tripping off of a 1.8g DXO dose Id be mentally out of this world.

By the time I got off the taxi and was walkin home with a friend, I had absolutly NO freakin idea where I was. Iv lived here for more than 8 years and yet that night, I did not know where I lived, who I was and what the fuck was happening. The world around me reminded me of how some Van Gou paintings look like. Alien, facinating yet quite disturbingly psychotic.
About 200meters away from my house, as I walked, I noticed a sudden change in my view/how I see things... I dont know what happend right that moment but I know it caused a change in my brain chemistry that is going to last forever. My pupils were still slightly dilated 3 days after that trip.

I do not wish to attempt such an experience again. It was fun during the first 40% of the trip, after that it was just strait fuckin CRAZYness.

Sigma??
I believe I was almost past Sigma cuz the world around me was just tooo fucking alien/weird...
The taxi ride home was visually overwhelming, as the taxi drove on everything outside the cab was melting, slowly morphing and changing but inside the cab, time stood still.

uh, my first dose was a head first plunge into 3rd plateau dose....

now my dosage is compltely random, based on how much money i have and how much time i have to dex out. I like, hit the dex harder when its on sale, then when its not. Usually just light highs 2 or 3 times a week, and 1 'heavy' trip a week. then i'll skip a month or two or sometimes like four and then get into the trip again.....

The only moderation on my use is that I won't steal it. At least I haven't yet.

do you really eat dex all day every day? that would be really weird.. and unhealthy, i think.

well i say that, but i've done that for two weeks straight before, and am currently day 3 or 4 into now.... I still say this is an unhealthy use schedule that I plan on breaking soon.

For an entire summer I dosed 300 mg daily to deal with depression.

I was also withdrawing from lexapro, took a dose on a whim (had never done it before was depressed and desperate), and my withdrawal symptoms went away. They'd show up again every 2 days but I'd take another 300mg and I'd be good for the same amount of time. After two weeks I was free from the SSRI dependence, and never got hooked on the DXM.

I took a 600mg dose recently, first time in years with a valium. It was pleasurable, I just don't like how it's hard to communicate with such a high dose. It's fine if your alone, however.

I did 750 mg recently. Got sick, so tolerance was high. I remember taking 500mg and being FUCKED UP....!!!

what said:
. As time went on I am now doing only 4th plateau trips (1200-1500) now being fully immersed. Ive been doing dxm for 8 months now and am addicted to it as weird as that may seem. I now dose 300 mgs in the morning and trip at night with my high doses.

This is so incredibly harmful to your mind and your body. DXM is some scary shit when people abuse it, you don't get a second brain. Please consider stopping/slowing down your use...

Putingrad said:
This is so incredibly harmful to your mind and your body. DXM is some scary shit when people abuse it, you don't get a second brain. Please consider stopping/slowing down your use...

Seconded. I didn't realize the harm it was doing to my brain and body until I stopped. When the cloud lifted from my head I realized again the potential I had with my mind, it really is a beautiful thing. Sometimes it takes a dumbing down to figure out how smart you really are, and DXM - as a dissociative - does a good job of keeping your brain shut down.

Not only that too, but when UTI you look so scary to outsiders looking in. The only place I have seen continuous DXM abuse lead to is a psychiatric hospital. You should definitely consider your use and make an informed decision.

I did DXM every day for atleast half a year. I would drink a couple bottles of syrup a day. Then I started getting the powder and we did that for a long time. Now I extract my own and trip about once every 2 months. 1500 mgs powder is the most I ever took at once.

I completely 100% agree with everyone who said that i should slow down because i should. I go on binges where i will use every day for 2 weeks missing a day here or there to enjoy smoking on the afterglow.

I know the harm it can do but at this time, Im using it to cope with my severe depression and anxiety that i have suffered for the last 2 years. I dont have health insurance any more for my pills.

Since losing my insurance, i started using dxm to self medicate and has worked like a dream. My use at night however is purely recreational and should be stopped.

I have been off for 4 days now and am reverting back into my depressive slump. Ironically, the dxm may be increasing my depression because im psychologically addicted to it and am in a bigger rut than i was before

I am leaving for boot camp in a matter of months and intend to use until i leave and enter my "rehab" and hopefully get back on my pills.

MrDiamondFDC said:
I did DXM every day for atleast half a year. I would drink a couple bottles of syrup a day. Then I started getting the powder and we did that for a long time. Now I extract my own and trip about once every 2 months. 1500 mgs powder is the most I ever took at once.

what adverse effects did u notice? I think for me the only real impairment i have noticed is my short term memory sucks but ive smoked weed for years so i cant make a fair assumption. Also I have mood swings sometimes ranging from loving life and everyone around me ( usually te next 2 days after i dose) to not being happy with anything or anyone (usually 3-4 days without dosing, like today...:\ )

I do second and third plateau doses mainly; but I hate doing about 400mg and getting stuck between second and third, so annoying lol.

Almost always 600mg, because I find it to be the best dose for me. It gives me nice godlike and lucidlike state. I love it.

I used to be heavily psychologically addiction...I'm not positive about this, but it definitely felt like there are physical withdrawal symptoms as well. I (ab)used this stuff for like 3 years. I started with the cough syrup, drinking up to 3 8oz bottles at a time. I also used to redose and trip out much much more crazily than I would if I didn't. That's what made me lose the magic. I only threw up a few times and I drank way too much of that syrup. I did Triple's C's here and there but very few and far between. There was one time I took 25 after I hadn't eaten in almost 2 days and I sat on the edge of my bed and I could travel outside of my body to anywhere in the world, places I have never ever been and most likely won't ever go. I used to steal this shit like crazy. It was very easy and I almost liked it...I stole it way too much and now I just can't steal anything because of all the guilt it has left me. I've used straight powder (only twice), robogels, both zicam cough sprays, and probably a bunch of other shit and let me tell you...I regret almost all of it. I mean, the long term side effects sucks. I've really changed after I stopped doing this stuff. To get off of it...for about half of a year, I ingested approx. 600-725mg every month or close to that. Every time I would do it I would feel refreshed and this very familiar nostalgic glow for days, sometimes weeks...but usually not towards the end. For the last of those months I just lowered my dosage and bought a lot of low grade and just chilled for awhile. I'm very very anxious now in almost any situation without alcohol or weed. I really don't want to fuck with anything else. I've overdosed on DXM only when I accidentally got 3 zicams thinking they were all the same, when really one had the nasal decongestant that replaced pseudo ephedrine in sudafed, I forget the name of it. I chugged all three bottles of that shit and went to go give these girls some money for a bag of weed I was to pick up later. I didn't even remember returning back to my house..but apparently I was smart enough to make it there. I was totally out of my body and my mom was like really freaking me out like crying thinking I was going to die and she kept asking me how much I took and I couldn't answer. I awoke a few hours later in a bath of this nasty DXM sweat and I felt contaminated and could not remember what the fuck happened or how I got in my bed.I remember my soul being completely detached from my body and I seemed to be in this very dark place full of evil entities or something. I remember my mom being there with me and I asked her the next day if she did something and she just said she didn't want to talk about it ever and that she's not my little trip sitter and she won't save me next time. My mom's pagan and is very spiritual...into crystals and spells and potions. It could've all been in my head but I really think she helped me get away from wherever I was. I had took about 2 grams of dxm in three consecutive shots so it hit me hard and I don't even know how much of that other shit there was. My heart has never been the same. It beats irregularly to this day, I still have problems with my stomach from ingesting all this shit and the inactive ingredients in OTC meds... For about a year and a half though I've only used it about 5 times in dosages of like 100-200mg with an ultram or vicodin or something. This drug really fucked up my brain/head. Actually, it was my stupidity in dosages, set and setting and other the fact that I went so low as to steal it. I used to justify the fact because I was stealing it from huge corporations and it was a way to sticking to the man. I just feel embarassed and pathetic when I talk about this shit now and when I ever think of abusing it again, so many memories and regrets come into my head, so I don't.

you need more

paragraphs

man...

"As time went on I am now doing only 4th plateau trips (1200-1500) now being fully immersed. Ive been doing dxm for 8 months now and am addicted to it as weird as that may seem. I now dose 300 mgs in the morning and trip at night with my high doses."

you have any trouble sleeping at night after dosing all that dxm??
it's amazingly hard for me to sleep on dxm.

shannonsensimilla said:
sorry that's so damn long

Wow. It was worth the read. Im finding myself in the exact situation you described including the theft to support my habit, and yes i think im sticking it to the evil cooperations as well....lol.....and yes, i enjoy stealing to the point where im confused if i really enjoy the dex or im just a clepto. Either way, i justify my addiction to the fact i have no insurance for my pills and i need to self medicate or risk possible suicide as i have mulled over and over during my lows, occuring when i dont dex sometimes.

Dxmmonster said:
you need more

paragraphs

man...

"As time went on I am now doing only 4th plateau trips (1200-1500) now being fully immersed. Ive been doing dxm for 8 months now and am addicted to it as weird as that may seem. I now dose 300 mgs in the morning and trip at night with my high doses."

you have any trouble sleeping at night after dosing all that dxm??
it's amazingly hard for me to sleep on dxm.

Yes sir. 3rd-4th plats I do nonetheless 12-1500. I usually dose at 9 pm which pretty much keeps me awake in bed to at least 6 am (hour come up) where i find myself not tired physcially but mentally drained and looking like shit. I then nap and wake up still feeling like shit but the opposite now, my view on life being fantastic.

The only way i have been able to sleep mid trip is my dads lunesta or a couple diphs