• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health How many regular or semi-regular psych users don't have HPPD?

Do you have HPPD from regular/semi regular use of psychedelics?

• yes

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • no

Votes: 100 73.5%

• Total voters
maybe its not but i kinda think its a hoax

I know this post is old, but I always lol so hard at shit like this.

As I read this sentence (or any other one), I can see a negative image of the letters slowly wobbling around them and the gaps between words always shift. I don't consider myself to have HPPD as it doesn't affect me terribly, no DP/DR or fear surrounding my lingering visual effects.

By visual effects, I mean constant and long term changes in the perception of my vision all the time. Perma trails for non-bright objects, the sky is full of bubbles, and patterns like to form wherever they can. To be fair, I still use psychedelics, so I don't know if this is permanent, but the phenomenon is certainly real.

I have always had strange visual disturbance type of stuff (had a bizarre hallucinatory experience when I was 13), and psychedelics definitely cause lasting changes in my vision, like the pretty common "visual snow" effect as well as mild patterning if I have a little to much caffeine.

That said, I do not consider it HPPD because in no way does it cause me any distress or disability

I get tracers and whatnot, especially when I am moving. I wouldn't consider it a disorder in and of itself because I rather enjoy it at times and at others I have no problem with it. Part of my life I can embrace. Regardless, I understand the point trying to come across, so I voted yes.

I developed HPPD within 6 months of regular (1-2 times a week) cannabis use about 16 years ago, and it persists to this day. This was before I had used LSD or any other potent psychedelic. My main symptom consists of a green static in the absence of sunlight that covers my entire field of vision. It interferes with night vision in general, making things like star gazing difficult. I also attribute cannabis to a heightened awareness of floaters, but this is largely speculation on my part as there could be a variety of factors involved. The static on the other hand I'm certain was caused by cannabis.

About 2 years ago I reduced my pot use to more than once a month, and within the last year have only smoked a few times, but the night static is just as prevalent as ever.

Other psychedelics have caused symptoms, but these dissipated over time. Symptoms included a halo affect in my periphery vision after my first weekend of 2C-I use (more like a binge); and trails left behind in dim lighting from illuminated objects such as a the screen and keys of a cell phone. The trails, which I believe were triggered by 2C-I, curiously persisted until I drastically reduced my cannabis use. It's been about a year since I've noticed them.

when i was doing 2ci multiple times a week, yeah, i had it. now that im onto shrooms 2-3 times a month, not a problem

it seems like halogenated 2c-x's are more often being reported as a cause than alkylated or alkylthiolated ones. I've seen or heard mentions of 2c-i (most frequently), 2c-b, and 2c-c (least frequently), when talking about this. Anyone know if there's anything to that or have any informed speculation about it?

Nope, I get residual visuals from some compounds for a few days (nothing major just little distortions out of the corner of my eye), but nothing that qualifies as HPPD. None of the psychedelic users I know personall have persistent and severe HPPD, although a few have had visual distortions long enough after cessation of use to meet the technical definition.

I don't have it. Been tripping for five years now, and used to hallucinate on average 4 times a week. Now I roll/k-hole/trip, about 2-4 times a month.

I only get the effects after I go for a run or work out a bit. It makes exercise wayyy more interesting though so I am not sure I really mind