• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How long have some of you guys been tripping?

40 years. First one in 1977. Only took 2 full years off in all that time. I still have to get a couple in every year to clear my head.

20+ years. There are people on here who I bet have been tripping over 40 years

Well, not continuously, but yes, over a 40+ period, about 16 years of tripping on the major psychedelics and a few RCs.

If all goes according to plan, will be tripping again tomorrow, for the first time in 6+ months. Happy trails!

20+ years with a 10 year break in there, (had no access thank Mohamed for the RC scene). I had my first trip on LSD before I had cannabis, (so much for the gateway theory). Had a few anxious times and one frightening time on Salvia but thankfully no train wrecks.

I have little more than a year of experience with about a handful of low dose 2C-B trips and some low dose mescalin.

I tend to keep clean (nothing except caffeine) for 6-8 weeks between taking something. With this, exploration is not quick but I do not feel the urge to rush things.

I'm 26. First tripped 7 1/2 years ago. Been a bumpy ride but smooth sailing now. I don't regret anything. Haven't tripped since May but gonna trip soon. I've only done traditional psychedelics. I used to trip every week now it's a now and then thing. Depending how I'm feeling. Long breaks do me good. I half miss the days of tripping weekly, and then the other half of me doesn't miss those days at all.

My first substance other than marijuana then alcohol was lsd. It was just as acid was starting to come back. Now it's everywhere and all the kids are doing it lol. I'm pretty sure I've never got an RC

Since I was 18, 31 now so 13 years with a hiatus of a few years almost not tripping.

How is it different after 30 or 40 years? I mean in the first decade or less you get much more experienced and acquainted, so IME the trips stop being unmanageable for "unnecessary" reasons, but of course you are never immune to get your ass handed to you... it's rarely so unexpectedly paradigm shifting for me now, which is not necessarily that intensity dependent but more 'change potential' dependent. But after that? Even more differences over time?

About 25 years (hard to believe!).
Hash was first when I was about 16 (weed was more of a rarity here in those days).
When I was 17 we discovered acid. There were lots of new age traveller camps around and they always had good acid for dirt cheap prices (as mentioned by other posters there were no other substances to masquerade as acid back then).
Tripped extensively on acid for about a year before having a profound trip on two microdots one night which ended my psychedelic endeavors for quite a few years. I've heard others mention it, and it's probably bullshit nostalgia, but I swear the acid was great quality and easily available back in the early nineties.

Then I discovered the RC scene and reacquainted myself with psychedelia through 2c-b. A nice easy reintroduction and since then I've gone through quite a few different substances.
Generally I trip 2-3 times a month, although I do occasionally use dissociatives like ketamine or MXE (although max once per week - generally I use K as a mix with a psychedelic).

On the subject of age, I think us older types have a bit of a tendency to talk down to the younger users! I know we're trying to impart our experiences, but recall being 17 and feeling invincible; there was no Internet in my day, so we just used what we could get whenever we could. Of course, there were no nbomes muddying the scene so it have arguably been safer.

Never got into stimulants or MDMA; to this day I've only ever taken half a pill.

How is it different after 30 or 40 years? I mean in the first decade or less you get much more experienced and acquainted, so IME the trips stop being unmanageable for "unnecessary" reasons, but of course you are never immune to get your ass handed to you... it's rarely so unexpectedly paradigm shifting for me now, which is not necessarily that intensity dependent but more 'change potential' dependent. But after that? Even more differences over time?

This thread had me reflect on that. I started young, was one of those 14 years old's looking in old psychedelic books and tried Morning Glory seeds as well as had an older brother in the Dead Head crowd so lots of LSD was around too. I often wonder how it would have differed if I hadn't tripped till much later. I think the paradigm shifting happened early so I saw why the hippies realized Love was an answer. I saw all that at a younger age. On one of my trips at 15 I remember me and my naive friends around a campfire laughing and saying if we got all the leaders of the world in a room on LSD there would be no war because they would just laugh and see how we were all the same. Naive I know. :)

But all this time later I just use it as a refresher. It does still help me stand outside of time and space and observe. So it's usefulness as a tool never really goes away. But I do have to say even on some very out there DMT trips it all seems par for the course now. Where as someone that lived for 40 years and never tripped gets a hit of DMT I would imagine the paradigm shifting would be shattering. It is hard to imagine, or unimagine how my world outlook would have been if I hadn't tripped and listened to the Beatles at 14 years old and that young. I got it early (whatever it is I got). But I will say the longer I am on this Earth the more I do look forward to leaving it in whatever that entails. Tiredness? Who knows. Humanity gets tiring to watch sometimes.

1970, was the year I started dose's, in the San Francisco Bay Area Calif.
I would dose once or twice a month perhaps for the first 3 years or so. Although the first year was once every two weeks, (OUCH).

I then tapered off to 2 to 4 times a year until present. In the in-between times, I would dose Shrooms or Mescaline, 2 times a year.
Up until 10 years ago, I would slip in a few favorites RC's.
LSD is my staple, my to go brain reset buddy.

Is it a form of addiction? Maybe. I can do without it too. Not that first year though curiosity killed that cat in me LOL.

It has been 4 months now, family life has priority over my need to explore.
Family and responsibility to them, myself, is most important. and should be for everyone.

Namaste

well said! pretty similar for myself these days. my last trip was in october. and i have one "scheduled" for march. just a few years ago i was tripping like 15-20 times per year...now it's more like 3 or 4

How is it different after 30 or 40 years? .... But after that? Even more differences over time?

i'm not completely qualified to answer this question since i haven't been around quite that long. but i think over the years it's likely that more major life changes occur. perhaps you get married, have several children and perhaps even grandchildren. you're also had some loved ones die....and overall more like "experience" so your trips are going to reflect on all that, which simply wasn't there when we were 18

my trips have me thinking a lot more about my family as i get older. imagine being a grandpa, and being responsible for the existence of dozens of other people who you love with all of your heart. that's gotta be a trip in itself - then imagine taking a nice juicy hit of L after everyone comes over for christmas eve or something like that. now we're talkin'!

I'm 24 years of age from this past October, and I started tripping my freshman year of high school, LSD, DMT, Psilocybin etc..

so 9 years now? I'd say... but I also only tripped once since I got home from prison, which was 2015, and I had 3 years down state , so in the last 5 years I have only tripped once :( , so I guess u can say I've only BEEN tripping for 4-5 years..

15 years, with a 5 year heroin break inbetween.

if only i wouldve tripped even once during that period it wouldve woken me up sooner

maybe if teh shit was legal i wouldve. oxy was legal and prescribed to me though...that turned out great

First proper psychedelic experience was 4.5 grams of mushrooms alone in my bedroom around Fall 2015. So I guess I've only been tripping for about 2 years, I'm 23 now.

I started doing DXM back when I was about 16 though and did a lot up until a few years ago before I branched out into the other dissociatives. I used a lot of MXE, 3-MeO-PCP, etc. the past couple years but I'm looking to mostly "hang up the phone" in regard to those type of compounds and dive deeper into psychedelics.

First proper psychedelic experience was 4.5 grams of mushrooms alone in my bedroom around Fall 2015. So I guess I've only been tripping for about 2 years, I'm 23 now.

I started doing DXM back when I was about 16 though and did a lot up until a few years ago before I branched out into the other dissociatives. I used a lot of MXE, 3-MeO-PCP, etc. the past couple years but I'm looking to mostly "hang up the phone" in regard to those type of compounds and dive deeper into psychedelics.

dissos are so much of an "everyday" not so stressful type of psychedelic. which is a good and bad thing.

I don't have the fortitude to trip every weekend or the strength. but a disso trip still hits the reset button somewhat without the "heaviness" of a psych trip

Absolutely, and I think the entheogenic potential of dissociatives is generally underrated.

Yeah...almost 30 years for me...what a long strange trip it's been ;)