• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How long have some of you guys been tripping?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
I consider myself pretty experienced with psychedelic drugs, tripped for the first time about 6 or 7 years ago. I'm 22 now.

I see many threads here, especially the big & dandy ones, where it seems some of you have in-depth experience with what seems like every psych there is! Like experience with every 4-sub to the point where you can compare and contrast each one with their minute differences.

I'd honestly trip more often, the main things that keep from tripping more often are being in university (lots of stress, lots of responsibilities and lots on your mind), and the fact that the weather here for tripping is not ideal for like 6-8 months of the year (PNW, gets dark early, rainy and cloudy) and I learned early on that planning a trip to be indoors has the highest potential to lead to a difficult experience for me. So 100% of my trips, except for 2cb, happen during the summer and sometimes late spring and very early fall. If i lived somewhere that was warm weather all year round I think I'd trip much more often.

I also worry about "losing the magic" of psychs. LSD is still my favorite drug, but I've done it a lot, and the absolute awe and semi-out-of-body feeling i used to get isn't completely there anymore, and certainly not the MDMA-like euphoria i used to get from it the first couple times.

So tell me, have y'all just been tripping for like 20 years? Or just very regularly find time to explore?

About eight years for me. :) And I'm 25. I definitely do a lot of those between psychedelic comparisons myself, but I still consider myself a beginner compared to many. It's all relative, too; for instance, I could tell you all about 4-substituted tryptamines, but have nearly no firsthand experience to speak from with the 2C phenethylamines.

You can't really be blamed for feeling behind if you only feel comfortable tripping for a small portion of the year. I've never had that problem, and will eagerly dose year round as long as I'm in the right mood for it. I've also been lucky to have access to a great many of the substances I've been interested in for most of my substance-using career, so I dose often even just for the sake of understanding them better and seeing how they interact with my mind and body, so that of course facilitates all those comparisons as well. I imagine that one day when I'm more fully satisfied with the explorations I've done with these chemicals I will probably dose less frequently and with a more narrow range of substances, basically my favorites that stand the test of time. Even all the comparisons I make are really just the first stage of this, as they are as much for my own understanding as anyone else's.

About losing the magic, I understand the mindset, but I do not worry about this much anymore. I tend to feel that the magic of psychedelics never really goes away, it just changes with experience. Some things fade with familiarity, while others become greater than you could possibly have foreseen at the beginning. You may find that the substances which are most useful to you change over time, and while you will never forget your old favorites, this can be a very exciting change as well as you dive into new unfamiliar worlds and rediscover the magic all over again. Nonetheless, sometimes all you need is a break as well, and you might find for example that after a long abstinence from LSD it will be as eager for you to return to it as you are.

These are just my thoughts on the matter, anyway. :)

Nine years, but I don't trip often either.

I see many threads here, especially the big & dandy ones, where it seems some of you have in-depth experience with what seems like every psych there is! Like experience with every 4-sub to the point where you can compare and contrast each one with their minute differences.

Take those opinions with a grain of salt. Drug experiences are pretty variable and subjective.

I'm 34, started tripping when I was 16 on MDMA and LSD. Pot came sometime before. My usage has certainly declined in recent years; I went through a period in my 20's where I was deeply curious about trying as many novel psychedelics as I could get my hands on, which probably amounts to 20 different serotonergic compounds. In more recent years, I've found dissociatives to be more interesting and so I've explored them increasingly so. I am a lot less experimental, I find it really difficult to muster up the energy and commitment for a long psychedelic trip. Counter to that, LSD is something I find fits into a relatively normal day now, a very sparkly and colourful normal day though.

I'm deeply pleased that I have gone through all of this, I've gained a massive amount of inspiration from it. I trip probably once a fortnight on average, though I will have a few days in a row and then a break. I prefer taking more pleasurable drugs these days. :) I am sure I will continue tripping on LSD, DMT, 5-MEO-DMT, 4-HO-MET and maybe a 2C-x for years to come. Sparingly. Less so with dissociatives and opiates and stimulants I guess.

The first time I dosed mushrooms was 2005 and LSD in 2006. Since those dates I have tripped in all types of environments. These days i find i can not be content to trip and just spend time around the house like when I was young. In 2006 and 2007 I grew mushrooms and would trip on those very frequently. In 2008 I got 60 hits of good L and went through it in approximately 4 weeks. The one thing i never really over did was MDMA because i was always aware of the ill effects from over using that.

I am always willing to trip provided i dont have anything to do the next day (usually have access to L and cant sleep for 12-16 hours after dosing) and there is something to do, be it go for a hike or a show but I can not just spend it sitting around like i use to. I view LSD as more of a normal activity enhancer, so in that regard I doubt it will ever lose its magic.

My first trip was approximately 10 years ago. Tripping has been extremely valuable to me and I'm sure it will continue to be that way for decades. I would like to be able to trip a bit more often though; obligations make those experiences more sparse than I would like them to be.

I tried my first doses of LSD, mushrooms and salvia (MDMA too if you consider that a trip) when I was about 16-17 but I didn't get a chance to trip again for the next 8 years (DXM trips aside. They don't fully get me there) when I started getting a supply for mushrooms a couple months ago.

I'm not extremely experienced but I like to think that I'm decently educated. I love learning about psychedelics and hearing about other's experiences.

10 years and I'm 22 years old now lol.
Mushrooms at age 12 and LSD etc at age 13.

^That is way too young IMO. I started smoking pot at age 13 and that was a bad idea. I took MDMA and meth on seperate occaisions when I was 15, but first had a proper trip on LSD when I was 16, also much much too young.

If you guys aren't averse, I am curious as to your actual calendar age.

What is the gender of our community? I've seen various polls here before and most indicate that 75% or so are male. It would be interesting to evaluate a correlation between age of users, novelty of drugs being used and gender. I have a suspicion that the more obscure compounds are predominantly being sampled by younger men.

Not sure why I am bringing this up actually.

My first trip was when I was 15, i'm 26 now, so 11 years using various psychedelics and they still show me parts of myself I never knew existed. Though my usage has definitely decreased with my age.

^That is way too young IMO. I started smoking pot at age 13 and that was a bad idea. I took MDMA and meth on seperate occaisions when I was 15, but first had a proper trip on LSD when I was 16, also much much too young.

If you guys aren't averse, I am curious as to your actual calendar age.

What is the gender of our community? I've seen various polls here before and most indicate that 75% or so are male. It would be interesting to evaluate a correlation between age of users, novelty of drugs being used and gender. I have a suspicion that the more obscure compounds are predominantly being sampled by younger men.

Not sure why I am bringing this up actually.

Regardless of the why, I think you're probably right. :)

I've been tripping for 15/16 years, I'm 33 now. I only tripped a few times, mostly on mushrooms, until I was 22, at which point I discovered the wide world of "research chemicals". For a few years there I went pretty nuts, tripped way too often, tried a lot of stuff. Then I took 3 years off of tripping and came back to it in 2014. As a result of all of that time, I've developed a lot of opinions based on experience on a really wide range of things. I still like to experiment these days, but I keep tripping to a couple of times a month in general. My usage of them has shifted too, my purpose for them I should say... it used to be I was trying to surpass my ego, connect with oneness. These days I feel like I've already had that experience. I would welcome the visceral experience of that again, but the impact has already happened. These days I use psychedelics more as tools to aid in my creative space with music or art, enhance my appreciation of nature, or sometimes just to have a really fun night with friends.

I really am still fascinated with the development of new psychedelic compounds. The fact that we can ingest substances and they will cause the sort of experiences that they do has always been and I think will always be incredibly interesting to me. I like to read about it, and more than that, I like to experience it first-hand. There have been a lot of new things recently and I've had the opportunity to try some of them, and I have plans to try more of them. It's just a fascination I have, there are few things more interesting to me than psychedelics, or specifically their interaction with human brains and cognition. It's pretty wild, that we figured out how to perform complex chemical procedures with various substances, resulting in something that, when ingested, produces profound changes in perception. And that each one is a unique spin on it. It's like sorcery. And I always wished I could be a wizard when I was a kid. I guess it's coming from the same sort of place.

I took LSD for the first time at 16. Tripped on it at least 100 times. Then probably 50 trips on other RCs and DMT, Mescaline. 13 years later at 28 I would say I am pushing 200 experiences. That's not including MDMA or ketamine which is over 100 between them easily.

Xorkoth said:
I really am still fascinated with the development of new psychedelic compounds.

Are you as experimental as you used to be? I guess your recent DOx (forgot which) experiments is suggestive. Do you try new compounds at the same rate as your earlier period?

For me, I think the most recent psychedelics I've experimented with have been 1p-LSD, 4-Ho-MET, MiPT and ALD52. I haven't tried a new 2C-x or any other tryptamines for some time. I am certainly curious about dissociatives and I find them easier to obtain, I enjoy them more so will keep sampling the newbies as they come out. I will be sample O-PCE shortly.

I took first weed, then MDMA, then salvia back in 2002. I was sixteen.

The salvia was my wakeup call to how deep things can get. It was literally a realisation of the word psychedelic, which I don't think I'd even used before then.

I'm 26, have been tripping since I was 20. Tripping less and less each year but no intention of stopping.

Unlike most people here I tripped first and months later got high on cannabis (I must have smoked since 17 but don't even remember it as I didn't get high, I guess I didn't know what to expect until I took acid)

I'm happy I didn't trip before 18, respecting the timing of my mental development
But I can't tell the right age for other people's minds and bodies, I got a friend who had used ayahuasca (with his parents in a sacred context) apparently before he was 12...

Was lucky enough to have a friend in my small high school with a hookup for LSD, so I got started when I was 14, and I'm 24 now, so I guess I'm at my 10 year anniversary! No intention to quit. I've gone at most for a year straight without tripping since then, and hated it.

Don't worry about losing the magic. If you end up using too much too quickly, and develop a tolerance, you should be able to reset it by taking a break for a few months. Just keep in mind that the whole point of tripping is therapy. It's medicine. That's why it's fun.

I had my first psychedelic trip 2001, so it's a bit over 15 years. The first trip was with LSD. From the first LSD trip I remember they were strong blotters with a picture of an eagle. I vaguely remember going to a Psytrance party and had to go back because all the sounds, lights, it was too much. After that I used shrooms, 2C-I, 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DiPT until 2004. Then I started getting panic attacks because of heavily abusing MDMA for about 3 years. I just didn't know back then how these drugs work. Actually MDMA was the first drug I ever used, even before cannabis.

Back then I was only 18, now 33. I haven't used (classic) psychedelics for 4 years now due to problems with alcohol and benzos. My last trip was 2012, 4-AcO-DMT + DMT. Well I have used quite a lot of ketamine after that. After MXE was banned, I switched to ketamine which soon became my all time favourite drug. And it still is. Still tryptamines are my passion, I feel a connection to Mother Earth on them that I cannot describe. 4-AcO-DMT and Psilocybine mushrooms are the ones that I will/would use now, as I don't need earth-shattering trips. Nor strongly stimulating psychedelics. I have found my home in the dreamy and hypnotic, sedating psychedelics which leave me time to ponder.

Last edited:
yeah about 20 years here. first was a roll (not exactly a trip) but then I learned how to hunt psilos. I swear I can smell, taste, and spot them. The exp is almost always the same, no scary surprises, no disappointments, but nothing "incredibly unique." I eat em as I pick em. They have what we call "ladder tolerance" though so you have to like double-dose to trip again. Not worth it.

LSD... you never know what may happen. I live in bama though... you can find cubensis everywhere. Hell even my horses produce a few new and then. I don't have any desire to do more than say 4 good experiences a year... the lessons take a while to be absorbed.

35 years old. 34 first time I tripped on valentines day 2016 with my ex girlfriend, she sat by my side, gave me a massage, comforted me. She did it next day, she was 36 at the time.

Did ecstasy when I was 19-20, a lot. . Did an empathogen on my 34 th birthday and did it three times that year. Its been a year since I did any and frankly I miss my girlfriend so much, our love was already deep, as weve been committed over a year when we first did empaotheon together. Afterwards, he told me that she didn't think it was possible to love me anymore then she already did but on the empathogen and she felt it. We were playing around saying I love you, and I said I love you to infinity and she busted out with death do us part, surprised the heck outta me.

Well sadly,we didn't see eye to eye on quite a few issues for about eight months and she started calling me names , like an ass, idiot, and when id ask an innocent question she tell me stop asking stupid questions and it hurt me bc I loved her so much. She wouldnt talk with me when I wanted to talk, bc I think she took everything I said to heart when i was trying to help. I tried to work it out bc I love her and always will, never experienced a love so deep, but I broke up with her over three months ago no and Im sitting here feeling sad. Ive been with two girls short flings since then, but we were together 2 years and 8 months and went so deep .

Sorry guys I know this isnt the relationship secton, she was the only person which I did empathogens with three times in 2015 and once in 2016, and my first trip in 2016 . I guess im not over her, heres a lil fun fact it takes men about twice as long to get over a breakup than a women. Women express themselves emotionally and heal quicker than guys emotionally. Of course we have those visual spacial skills women dont have =-)

Last edited: