• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How do you rate caffeine as a drug?

So apparently the maximum daily caffeine dose is 400mg. I didn't know it. Anyway, I only consume between 50 mg. and 100 mg. of caffeine PER day. Very little, to tell the truth. This is perhaps why I still feel some of that euphoria and stimulation from caffeine. I'm sorry for you guys. :(

Personally, I find caffeine to be totally inferior both as a stimulant and as a drug in general. I do enjoy the flavor and warmth of coffee, but I don't really need it, nor do I rely upon it as I take prescribed dextroamphetamine for ADHD. I'd say my daily consumption is less than 150 mg - usually only 50-100 mg... Never really cared for stimulants from a recreational standpoint, other than cocaine.

Too much caffeine and I feel irritable, jittery and anxious. Rather than enhancing my ability to focus and be productive, it usually causes just causes problems. I view it as a fairly benign drug overall, but just don't care for it.

This is perhaps why I still feel some of that euphoria and stimulation from caffeine. I'm sorry for you guys. :(
I can still manage to get very decent stimulation from caffeine, but what the hell is this euphoria you speak of? Never heard of it in relation to caffeine.

I can still manage to get very decent stimulation from caffeine, but what the hell is this euphoria you speak of? Never heard of it in relation to caffeine.

Maybe euphoria is a bit "too much" :LOL: but after 5 minutes of drinking a coffee I begin to notice this tingling in my legs, an impresive well-being and energy like a race horse. But, it can also be the tramadol that I take the day before (maybe coffee/caffeine works well because of the little o-desmethyltramadol in my blood), although I try not to mix them both.

PS. I have to say, in any case, that except for caffeine, I don't take stimulants and I have a very low tolerance.

Yeah, I was going to say. Can't recall ever feeling even the slightest bit of euphoria from it, even when I've tweaked on it.

Too much caffeine and I feel irritable, jittery and anxious. Rather than enhancing my ability to focus and be productive, it usually causes just causes problems. I view it as a fairly benign drug overall, but just don't care for it.
I'm with you on that.

It seems my coffee/caffeine journey has come to an end.

I woke up two nights ago with a thirst I thought I'd never quench.

Turns out it also acts as a reasonably strong diuretic, makes you lose water like crazy.

I sank two litres of water on the spot and felt terrible, additionally started to get a lot of gas reflux (aka burping).

It felt like with two strong cups a day for several days in a row, I'd basically parched myself of adequate hydration - even though I was drinking a good amount of water at the same time.

Bottom line - it's horrible shit.