• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How do you rate caffeine as a drug?

I don't like tea but I'll drink it like medicine. I had some green tea a while ago because I needed to calm down and it definitely helped
I love Tea I honestly have to have at least 5 cups a day on average I need my daily cuppa!

Tea is for the real OGs Tetleys forever ;)

What the hell is wrong with all those people who don't like coffee or caffeine? :mad:

When I drink 1 cup of coffee daily, I feel a nice euphoria and well-being, without any anxiety or jitters. Now if you take> 300 mg. of caffeine daily you're in trouble, folks.

Caffeine is a weird drug. You have to discover the sweet spot of your daily dose. If you go over that dose, you will start to feel all those nasty side effects.

The headaches upon discontinuation is a deal breaker for me.

As far as I recall I tried Tea as a kid and I'd get similar headaches upon discontinuation also.

Caffeine Anhydrous is some pretty strong shit. I would compare it to like some really weak coke.
Legit i'm really lightweight and tried coke before coffee (somehow...?)
Once i tried coffee it really just felt like i was buzzing on coke or really similar, only thing different was the anxious feeling.

haha....this thread reminded me of the summer I took off drinking some years ago. Replaced alcohol with caffeine. Mostly through energy drinks. Was pounding back like 6 a night instead of pints. Do not recommend.
Ended up at Shambhala Festival later that summer and spent all week drinking ~4L of tea and at least 6 energy drinks a day. Was in a state of almost constant distress/anxiety. Had palpitations. I was legit tweaking off the shit.

Fucking idiot 23-year old me. My mates were trying to stop me from drinking more but I kept sneaking away saying I was getting water when I was going to the vendors and buying energy drinks.

That was the one time I had a serious experience with caffeine. Made me tweaky without making mega horny like meth.

Never again.

I mean, I had a great time that summer and at Shambhala and there was lots of MDMA and LSD and mushrooms as well so it wasn't a complete fucking waste.

I was just thinking about this. I've been drinking coffee regularly (first time was at 7 years old staying awake into the next day at a concert) since I was 11. I don't know what'd happen if I didn't have my morning cup. Maybe turn violent and do bad things, hehe

I was just thinking about this. I've been drinking coffee regularly (first time was at 7 years old staying awake into the next day at a concert) since I was 11. I don't know what'd happen if I didn't have my morning cup. Maybe turn violent and do bad things, hehe
If you miss a day, do you get an insane headache?

Its ok, I take 200-350mg in powder form a day.

The physical withdrawal is more severe than other stimulants, perhaps more nicotine in withdrawal than amphetamine or methylphenidate.

I never touch caffeine when taking stims like d-amp or meth because it gives me unpleasant palpitations that I don’t otherwise get with those drugs. However, I find caffeine very very helpful in the couple of days following cessation of d-amp or meth. It does not exactly prevent cravings or withdrawal but it seems to really smooth them out. On such occasions I might drink triple my normal daily intake without any nasty side effects.

Caffeine does nothing for me when I drink the coffee here in the UK. In fact I'll sometimes have a coffee late at night before bed and it has no impact on my sleep.

I lived in Viet Nam for just over year or so... and the coffee there is pretty hardcore!
Try drinking some $1000+ per KG Vietnamese Coffee and it may alter your perception in more ways than one.

If you miss a day, do you get an insane headache?
When I was growing up I used to get migraines. I'm glad I don't anymore. I think it had to do with something in my diet. If I had alarming physical pain now I'd be very worried, since I haven't experienced any; the kind without an apparently visible link like getting a bruise or cut. I haven't spent a day without caffeine since I got addicted to it. I think it's fine

When I was staying at my mom's place 5 years ago, I woke up and realized there wasn't any coffee or coffee maker. I went and got some instant coffee. It's not like I have to wake up and drink it right away, so I assume I don't get headaches. I don't know if I've ever had a headache haha

I never touch caffeine when taking stims like d-amp or meth because it gives me unpleasant palpitations that I don’t otherwise get with those drugs. However, I find caffeine very very helpful in the couple of days following cessation of d-amp or meth. It does not exactly prevent cravings or withdrawal but it seems to really smooth them out. On such occasions I might drink triple my normal daily intake without any nasty side effects.

Really?! Goddamn! One of my best mates does a decent amount of meth and runs out once in a while and sleeps a lot when he does and I keep telling him to jack up on coffee instead. I'm going to go to him with you as proof that I wasn't talking shit, even though I was. ;)

Caffein in good coffee 5/10
from Mate 8/10
from Guarana 9/10

I hope the ultimate form , the so called 10 is yet to be found.

White and yellow tea fermented by the symbiotic Kombucha is quite good too

Could you compare the 3 substances? I have tried the Mate but years ago and would like to hear what a Bluelighter thinks of it.

When I was anorexic I could take >400 mg. of caffeine and never felt anxious or nervous. But I think it was because I wasn't eating anything and was almost constantly in ketosis.