• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How do you rate caffeine as a drug?

I put caffeine right up there with all the other stimulants. It’s only “weak” cuz people have been consuming it daily since they were 5. I use it infrequently in the same way I’d use other stimulants and it’s impressing and even euphoric at this frequency.

-GC

Coffee contains 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.

Coffee manufacturers recover the caffeine and resell it for use in soft drinks and over-the-counter caffeine tablets. There is also mentions of anhydrous Caffeine. Which I know is sold as pill but I have no clue if this is any different.

What a science: Mateína the substance is beyond the definition of modern science, being similar to, but not exactly like, caffeine.

Oh Mate (mateina) is very popular where I live and in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay but I dislike putting water for each "mateada". You also have to use the correct water temperature or you will end up burning the thing. But, its flavor is very good and its a stimulation different from coffee less jittery (more compared to tea maybe) and much stronger (my temp rises immediately after a "mateada").

I put caffeine right up there with all the other stimulants. It’s only “weak” cuz people have been consuming it daily since they were 5. I use it infrequently in the same way I’d use other stimulants and it’s impressing and even euphoric at this frequency.

-GC

Amen brother 🙏

Even after almost more than 20 years consuming caffeine, I still feel a euphoria and well-being drinking coffee after being 24-30 hours without it.

I think that many people take it in exaggerated doses and their tolerance is through the roof, so it no longer works or causes it a lot of anxiety. I think 1-2 cups of coffee a day is my sweet spot (about 50-200 mg of caffeine).

-GC
How do you dose it?

Pills or coffee etc?

With or without opioids?

Does this suggest opioids boost caffeine effect, or just negate it's side effects?

In my experience it's the second. I may even be nodding off after a cup of coffee. No anxiety or jittery ever.

I like a cup of coffee with my first dose of opioids, I get the impression that it helps to feel the opioid effects faster in your body. Or maybe it could be because I'm a caffeine lover and I can still feel a euphoric and stimulation if I drank low doses of caffeine everyday (50-150 mg.)

But, it's weird because caffeine contains opioid antagonists but I still don't feel like it kills the opioid high. At least in small doses they excellently potentiate a dose of opioids. It's like a little poor man's speedball. :LOL:

Something I learned by watching my parents at a very young age: Never overdo coffee, or it will have 0 effect.

So I drink coffee maybe once a month or two, but it still hits like a bomb, and I get super productive till late night

Caffeine does nothing for me when I drink the coffee here in the UK. In fact I'll sometimes have a coffee late at night before bed and it has no impact on my sleep.

I lived in Viet Nam for just over year or so... and the coffee there is pretty hardcore!

Caffeine pills 4/10. Honestly, when I was sober for 15 months off meth, caffeine pills and kratom were the only things to get me thru.

Coffee 4/10. Hit or miss with coffee. There was some k cups I bought once of a coffee called Death Wish. 25 bucks for a box of k cups. That rates 9/10. But other coffee is okay.

Mocha frappe or Starbucks drink 6/10 they make me shakey sometimes

Energy drinks 1/10. They dont do shit. It's all mental for me.

Soda and tea 0/10.

I didn't drink coffee today, first time in a few days - and got the MOTHER of all headaches.

Ees normaal?

Has me reaching of codeine containing pain killers again.

I don't know the exact mechanism of action, but I've read about some sort of caffeine rebound effect where middling doses (which two RB would be, each having, what ~90mg of caffeine?) can be beneficial to sleep approx. an hour or so after ingestion.

Somebody please correct this if wrong.
Red Bull has among other things, B-vitamins which dilate blood vessels and relax you, or at least they relax me. Take something like methylcobalamin; Red Bull has the weak cyanocobalamin form that barely crosses the BBB. This can make you sleepy. I had a B-12 shot one time and it made me really tired

Caffeine in high doses relaxes me a lot, to where I can go back to bed and wake up refreshed in an hour. This is why I drink strongly caffeinated coffee when I wake up. It truly is a drug for me, hehe

I didn't drink coffee today, first time in a few days - and got the MOTHER of all headaches.

Ees normaal?

Has me reaching of codeine containing pain killers again.

Yeah, it's completely normal. An ibuprofen is generally sufficient for me. Plus it only lasts for 1-2 day max, but maybe my caffeine doses are much lower than yours.

Coffee contains 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.

Coffee manufacturers recover the caffeine and resell it for use in soft drinks and over-the-counter caffeine tablets. There is also mentions of anhydrous Caffeine. Which I know is sold as pill but I have no clue if this is any different.

What a science: Mateína the substance is beyond the definition of modern science, being similar to, but not exactly like, caffeine.
It is in a smoked tea way the most coffee alike available luckily the straw made way for herbal infusions. without loss of taste or alternating the caffein delivernce.

It's a good, safe and relatively mild stimulant at least in the form of tea. I hate coffee and energy drinks but tea can be enjoyable.

I don't like tea but I'll drink it like medicine. I had some green tea a while ago because I needed to calm down and it definitely helped

I don't rate it as a drug I rate it as a cup off coffee jeeze people over analyse everything these days lol it's just a cup of coffee for Petes sake