• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How difficult is it to stop using meth once addicted?

I've never tried regular amphetamine (that I know of anyway) but spent a lot of time with meth over the years. I gotta assume d-amp doesn't come close to d-meth as far as those behavior-reinforcing effects go.
Set and setting play a big role, almost like psychedelics do.
Personally, i feel like this matters more during the come up phase of an acid trip, like if you get through that part ok, you're probably good the rest of the way.
It goes deeper with stimulants, though. The activities you engage in for the next 12 hours are being recorded in your frontal lobe as new neuro-pathways (completely paved-over is probably more accurate).
So you begin to associate everyday tasks (brushing your teeth, taking a dump, going to work, social interactions, etc) with an intense euphoria that's out of place no matter what setting you're in. You can't get that feeling naturally. The big problem with all that is an altered reward center response tied to the "mini victories" one experiences throughout the day. Tiny hits of dopamine your brain releases naturally when you accomplish something.
Your brain is being re-trained to only release the happy chemicals when meth is present.

Hope any of that made sense.
very much sense ty

And I’ve quit for nearly 3 months now - zero issues. I actually purchased a ball right before I quit but ended up telling my buddy to keep it for himself, as I didn’t care for it anymore.

For me quitting was an easy decision: I used Meth as a brain/cognitive enhancer, when it no longer functioned as a brain/cognitive enhancer, and became detrimental to the brain, I knew it was time to quit.

I don’t crave it anymore, I don’t even think about it anymore. It just seems like overkill for me anymore given all the natural energy I have from all the amazing things going on in my life at the moment. To be honest? All I want is Adderall/Vyvanse/Dexedrine now - Meth just seems like overkill.

All that said, I’m guessing I speak for about 5% of Meth addicts, so take what I say with a grain of salt…
are you sure thats all you want???
bouncing boobs dancing GIF by Cheezburger

Did the CIA fire you once you woke up, or are you still employed ? Lol.
Nope. Still “employed”, near as I can tell at least. Still getting “benefits” (Good Benefits, I might add) still having my Social Media / Electronic devices toyed with on a regular basis, although nothing nefarious.
He works in a "volunteer" capacity as part of a joint CIA/NSA botnet
Pretty much.

It’s funny, I actually called the NSA a few months back, right? The conversation went like this:

“National Security Agency, may I ask who’s calling?”

“It’s Albert Ackermann, we need to talk”

“CLICK!”

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Last edited:
Nope. Still “employed”, near as I can tell at least. Still getting “benefits” (Good Benefits, I might add) still having my Social Media / Electronic devices toyed with on a regular basis, although nothing nefarious.

Pretty much.

It’s funny, I actually called the NSA a few months back, right? The conversation went like this:

“National Security Agency, may I ask who’s calling?”

“It’s Albert Ackermann, we need to talk”

“CLICK!”

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
You shouldn't be calling a spy agency that's sponsored by the wealthiest nation on earth

I want a legit job at the CIA as well.

I want hired-on full time
As what, an analyst?

iTd6FRk.jpg

That's the thing with me, right? I constantly here people refering to "getting spun" or "getting high" and I can't relate. I don't use Meth to "get high": I use Meth to accomplish feats, I use Meth to enhance my productivity; I use Meth to boost my Brains Processing Power. I don't "Get high on Meth" I "Get shit done on Meth" "Get shit accomplished on Meth". I don't use Meth to escape reality: I use Meth to process reality in a vastly improved fashion. When I run out of Meth I don't really feel this massive need for it, as I'm not using it to espcape from anything - I'm using it to enhance my existence, enhnace my productivity, enhance my mind. I run out? So what, I'm not as productive as I used to be. Big deal.

"Very hard" is the understatment of the year: It's going to be nearly impossible.

The Physical withdrawls, the fatigue, are hell-on-earth. Absolute hell-on-earth. But I've noticed something interesting, right? Once you begin the withdrawl process there's really no cravings involved, can anyone else releate to that or is it just me? Like, as your withdrawing from Meth use there really isn't a desire to get more, there really isn't a "craving" - at least to me there's not. Sure, when you're coming off a binge, when there's still Meth in your system, there's a tendancy to crave. But once it leaves your system? Once you really begin to withdraw? There's no cravings. All you want to do is rest. All you want to do is sleep. It's not until you completely withdraw from Meth (week(s) later) that the "cravings" start back up - That's my experience, at least. Can anyone else relate?

As difficult or as easy as any other drug, mentally speaking. All depends on how much of a psychological need for it you've developed.

As difficult or as easy as any other drug, mentally speaking. All depends on how much of a psychological need for it you've developed.
Old thread Ik just curious on your thoughts I decided to buy an 8 ball for some stupid reason I’ve done meth a few times about 4-5 years ago and was able to put it down but also had weed to help me now that I can’t smoke weed im worried I’m not going to be able to put it down as easy but I just need to tell myself I don’t need it .

Old thread Ik just curious on your thoughts I decided to buy an 8 ball for some stupid reason I’ve done meth a few times about 4-5 years ago and was able to put it down but also had weed to help me now that I can’t smoke weed im worried I’m not going to be able to put it down as easy but I just need to tell myself I don’t need it .
If you got an 8 ball with no tolerance, that should last you a VERY long time. Just make sure you are sleeping, eating, hydrating, and bathing regularly if you don't want to spin out of control.

If you got an 8 ball with no tolerance, that should last you a VERY long time. Just make sure you are sleeping, eating, hydrating, and bathing regularly if you don't want to spin out of control.
It’s going a lot quicker than I would have liked I just keep telling myself ok just one more hit and I end up doing like 5 I’m prescribed 40mg of adderal xr a day I would imagine there’s gotta be some sort of cross tolerance ther I also do t think it’s very good stuff I’ve been doing all of those things and I’m able to sleep 12 hrs every other night for example last night I smoked a good bit around 10 and was asleep by 11:30 also was able to eat a full steak dinner last night I feel like snorting hits me way harder and yes I am smoking it right vaping it not burning it

If I'm wondering in advance whether or not I'll be able to 'put something down' then I don't pick it up.

If I'm wondering in advance whether or not I'll be able to 'put something down' then I don't pick it up.
you obviously have more of a head on your shoulders than I do i didnt really think about it all i was thinking when i went to buy it was i wanna get high and i was able to put it down before ill be fine.

you obviously have more of a head on your shoulders than I do i didnt really think about it all i was thinking when i went to buy it was i wanna get high and i was able to put it down before ill be fine.
Hahaha that 'head' cost me quite a lot to develop, believe me. XD

'I wanna get high' is usually all the motivation I need, as well. Thing is, when you regulated your use before, was it much of a struggle or relatively easy? If it was no problem before but you think it maybe might be now, what's changed in the meantime -?
If you did ok before and your situation / mindset is pretty much the same, then yeah you should be fine.

Easy if you redose like a crackhead and visit the psych ward involuntary. Took me a couple trips but i learned.

Hahaha that 'head' cost me quite a lot to develop, believe me. XD

'I wanna get high' is usually all the motivation I need, as well. Thing is, when you regulated your use before, was it much of a struggle or relatively easy? If it was no problem before but you think it maybe might be now, what's changed in the meantime -?
If you did ok before and your situation / mindset is pretty much the same, then yeah you should be fine.
I never really had a problem with meth now crack that’s a different story that is a drug I will never touch again that one was really difficult for me to give up im really not sure im going to stay positive and I’ll report back after I finish this bag thank you for that well thought out response much love

Easy if you redose like a crackhead and visit the psych ward involuntary. Took me a couple trips but i learned.
I’ve been redosing a bit like a crackhead never been in psychosis from meth im usually able to tell when I need to sleep

It’s going a lot quicker than I would have liked I just keep telling myself ok just one more hit and I end up doing like 5 I’m prescribed 40mg of adderal xr a day I would imagine there’s gotta be some sort of cross tolerance ther I also do t think it’s very good stuff I’ve been doing all of those things and I’m able to sleep 12 hrs every other night for example last night I smoked a good bit around 10 and was asleep by 11:30 also was able to eat a full steak dinner last night I feel like snorting hits me way harder and yes I am smoking it right vaping it not burning it
There is definitely a cross tolerance. Between any stimulants generally but definitely between amp and mamp

the moment meth gave me anxiety each inhale is the day i quit. simple as that. if u have benzos the process is even easier. Meth is childs play tbh after experiencing true WD from benzos I would take meth on any day.