• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How difficult is it to stop using meth once addicted?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
I was wondering how difficult is it to stop using if you've been addicted for years?
Do the cravings just hit out of the blue at seemingly random times despite months of non-use.
What's the relapse rate for the various ROA?

I think any addiction can just pop up cravings at any time. Meth would be no exception. I hear that meth can be especially difficult as there aren't any MMT drugs for it ( like with opies there is subs and m'done ).

According to the rehab stats recovering fully from meth addiction takes several attempts and IV usage would be more difficult to overcome. I hear it's the crushing depression and fatigue that people suffer that keeps them going back. The only thing people can seem to do is keep trying , get therapy, switch to a less addictive drug for a bit, exercise, eat healthy, get lots of rest and just let the mind and body heal.

I know....easier said than done. You just have to want it really bad.

I’ve had two ‘addictions’ to meth. The first was for six months IV almost daily and I got clean almost immediately without relapse but doing every trick in the book including moving to a new city with no real meth scene and where I had no contacts. I went through a couple of weeks extreme suicidal ideation and almost oral inability to function due to depression and anxiety. But a program of lots of exercise and various neuroleptic drugs and some prescribed low dose dexamfetamine had me sorted within in a couple of months. I felt extremely damaged by the experience for many months though but I had co=-morbid pre-existing psychiatric p[roblems and it’s hard to know what was the meth and what was the regular, crazy ness.

I stayed sober for about 5 years and very rarely had cravings. Then, as far as I can remember, I just randomly bought a gram from the dark web (first time I’d ever used dark web) and was off on a shooting once or twice a week habit that lasted a years until I switched to smoking which l did for a year. This second two year period was much harder to get clean from than the first one, but much less painful,. I started wanting to quit seriously after the first year and literally had a 100 relapses. I could often go a month or a few weeks clean no problem but many times I couldn’t last 24 hours without being triggered. I had a lot of lifestyle, family and social triggers and the biggest Ozark of getting clean was to work out what they all were and develop workable strategies for dealing with them (cause I still have a lot of them in my life).

In the first episode I believe anti-psychotics were a big help in getting clean relatively quickly and staying clean. The legit prescribed amphetamines probably helped a lot to.

In the second episode I actually went through a a few months where I substituted other drugs if I had uncontrollable meth cravings and looked like I would bust. This was either ketamine, LSD, or MDMA. Besides killing meth cravings, I think these particular drugs helped with some of the psychological issues that led me to take meth in the first place. LSD in particular totally kills any interest in meth for weeks.

In a very general way, I don’t think you get clean from meth or bet your addiction to it. Rather, you totally shift how you think about life and what you value and meth becomes less desireable and interesting as the rest of life becomes much better and much closer to what you really need to feel joyful and fulfilled. Programs that focus on ‘treating the drug problem’ are ineffective compared to programs that focus on fixing your life problems - beginning with your sense of self worth.

^ That last paragraph should be every rehab's mission statement.
Meth is a short cut that swindles the user in the end.
Thanks mate. I spent years - decades maybe - being labelled a problem substance user by professionals and my own family (some of whom worked in the rehab industry). But I never made any progress at all until I started looking at the way I think about the world, society, and people and who was responsible for what in my life. I only began to feel happy for the first time and get any sense of choice or control over what drugs I took when I really took that “serenity to accept the things I cannot change” to the n’th degree and began to look at everyone as having their own shit, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they weren’t trying to fuck my life or even just my day, and started looking at my life as a succession of very poor choices that I should not feel regretful or ashamed about but should definitely do my best not to repeat again.

I probably began using meth to self-medicate a lot of anger and grief I had about things people had caused to happen to me and the mess I’d made of my professional and romantic lives. But when I stopped seeing myself as a victim or a failure or an outcast or oddball I stopped using it compulsively and got some control over my use. I was still dedicated, no doubt about that, but I wasn’t drowning and was able to stay off it for periods long enough to start building up good stuff in my life. Eventually there was enough good stuff that meth became just an occasional resource for a super-hard party in moments of occasional moral weakness. I never regret those little relapses but I flip the switch after a day or two and turn my attention to some of those good and important things I found.

Not always that addicting imho.
I don't find Meth the slightest bit addictive. People seem to think it's addictive as crack? I don't get it. If I run out of Meth I run out of Meth. I sleep for a week and then I'm fine. I don't get depressive episdodes or anything of that nature? (I don't get depressive episodes period - then again I routinely exericse/soak in the hottub everyday when I'm medicating with it). I also don't go freaking/fiending out selling anything and everything I can get my hands on to get more. If I can't get more I simply substitute pseudoephedrine. Big deal.

I'm convinced my brain is different. My brain is special. Like there's something different. I can't imagine using more than 200mg in a day, yet I constantly read where people use 300mg+ in a single dose. I just don't understand it. I can't imagine doing that much in a dose? I would freak out? Maybe it has to do with the fact I soley ingest it, perhaps?

No matter what people say here its just as hard as heroin. I'm not stating an opinion, look around on BL and the general addict atmosphere.

Crippling depression to suicidal levels of despair when stopping even two days. That will last for a month or several if you've had a meth-daily routine for months as many always end up succumbing to. Even lighter users (3 times a week per say) will experience this soul-crushing ahedonia.

Meth is just as addictive and soul-sucking as high-dose and very classy opiates. You've been warned lol. It will not start out this way that I am describing, but anyone who wants to experience meth must know the reality of humans and how we cannot control the best sensations. Very very few of us will ever be able to control such magical moments in time and make certain that we feel those "moments" 24/7 until we die. Then the magic becomes hell... People have committed suicide from meth addiction and not being able to escape its grasp. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's high. I just as one addict to the next addicts want to relay the power of this stimulant. It is not ordinary. Enter thinking that you will lose control and its better than the reverse scenario (from "i'll be the exception" fully formed tweaker smeagle)."

Meth has no medicinal or focus-enhancing value. Its a purely hedonistic "lets get high as hell and whack off or have crazy unworldly sex" kind of drug. I don't like when people say it "helps them" with their ADD/ADHD LOL. It helps you focus on ruining your life fast and quickly as possible. Meth is not beneficial for anything besides getting so high as god damn hell as possible on this planet.. I hope nobody trying it finds it addicting at all like this above user. Otherwise, its going to be one of the worst demons within your entire lifetime. Thousands and thousands of addicts truly struggle and cannot beat this addiction. I just didn't want anyone to not know how this drug can be the end of you and many never had control based on the beginning euphoria hitting their receptors. It was over for them by that point (but most will take time to lose control and ruin their future from this stimulant overlord). Like heroin, it is to be feared but if crossed--its up to the user to deal with the relationship between addict and drug from then on. No one else can save you but yourself :)

Last edited:
No matter what people say here its just as hard as heroin. I'm not stating an opinion, look around on BL and the general addict atmosphere.

Crippling depression to suicidal levels of despair when stopping even two days. That will last for a month or several if you've had a meth-daily routine for months as many always end up succumbing to. Even lighter users (3 times a week per say) will experience this soul-crushing ahedonia.

Meth is just as addictive and soul-sucking as high-dose and very classy opiates. You've been warned lol. It will not start out this way that I am describing, but anyone who wants to experience meth must know the reality of humans and how we cannot control the best sensations. Very very few of us will ever be able to control such magical moments in time and make certain that we feel those "moments" 24/7 until we die. Then the magic becomes hell... People have committed suicide from meth addiction and not being able to escape its grasp. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's high. I just as one addict to the next addicts want to relay the power of this stimulant. It is not ordinary. Enter thinking that you will lose control and its better than the reverse scenario (from "i'll be the exception" fully formed tweaker smeagle)."

Meth has no medicinal or focus-enhancing value. Its a purely hedonistic "lets get high as hell and whack off or have crazy unworldly sex" kind of drug. I don't like when people say it "helps them" with their ADD/ADHD LOL. It helps you focus on ruining your life fast and quickly as possible. Meth is not beneficial for anything besides getting so high as god damn hell as possible on this planet.. I hope nobody trying it finds it addicting at all like this above user. Otherwise, its going to be one of the worst demons within your entire lifetime. Thousands and thousands of addicts truly struggle and cannot beat this addiction. I just didn't want anyone to not know how this drug can be the end of you and many never had control based on the beginning euphoria hitting their receptors. It was over for them by that point (but most will take time to lose control and ruin their future from this stimulant overlord). Like heroin, it is to be feared but if crossed--its up to the user to deal with the relationship between addict and drug from then on. No one else can save you but yourself :)
Well said. One only has to look around the forum and read all the threads to understand exactly what this drug does and how it affects people. 80 % or more of the threads made in HR forums ( BD, ODD, TDS, ) are full of the absolute misery people are in that are using this and the awful consequences they are experiencing.

Homelessness, psychosis, delusions, legal problems, and mental health deterioration is just to name a few. We have all tried to justify and explain away our drug use but people that believe there are positives to stimulant use need only to read all the threads where most are at the end of their rope.

I don't find Meth the slightest bit addictive. People seem to think it's addictive as crack? I don't get it. If I run out of Meth I run out of Meth. I sleep for a week and then I'm fine. I don't get depressive episdodes or anything of that nature? (I don't get depressive episodes period - then again I routinely exericse/soak in the hottub everyday when I'm medicating with it). I also don't go freaking/fiending out selling anything and everything I can get my hands on to get more. If I can't get more I simply substitute pseudoephedrine. Big deal.

I'm convinced my brain is different. My brain is special. Like there's something different. I can't imagine using more than 200mg in a day, yet I constantly read where people use 300mg+ in a single dose. I just don't understand it. I can't imagine doing that much in a dose? I would freak out? Maybe it has to do with the fact I soley ingest it, perhaps?
Mate. It’s not my responsibility any more but I want to remind you that this is the frontline Harm Reduction sub-forum. I think it is uncool of you to enter every single serious meth-related post in these forums and attempt to downplay the risks of meth when all of us who have read your posts over the last year know it has totally fucked up your life, sent you psychotic, caused you to lose your housing and employment and a while bunch of other stuff.

I don’t like to call people out like this - but the damage meth has done you is written over hundreds of Bluelight posts for all to see.

We are not prohibitionist here at all and people’s lived experience is respected whether they had problems with a drug or believe it transformed them for the better - but you are really taking the piss now.

Mate. It’s not my responsibility any more but I want to remind you that this is the frontline Harm Reduction sub-forum. I think it is uncool of you to enter every single serious meth-related post in these forums and attempt to downplay the risks of meth when all of us who have read your posts over the last year know it has totally fucked up your life, sent you psychotic, caused you to lose your housing and employment and a while bunch of other stuff.

I don’t like to call people out like this - but the damage meth has done you is written over hundreds of Bluelight posts for all to see.

We are not prohibitionist here at all and people’s lived experience is respected whether they had problems with a drug or believe it transformed them for the better - but you are really taking the piss now.
Amen brother.

"Oh, that horrible drug Meth! Oh, how it's destroyed my life! Destroyed my Brain! Oh, that devil Meth! What have I done to my Body! What I have I done to my Brain! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MY LIFE! OH, THE HUMANITY!"

Better? :rolleyes:

64tVi3Y.jpg

wBsJc3v.png

uUnYl7q.jpg

3DRcYwa.png

Rj6NbPJ.png

5sYauDk.png

Last edited:

"Look what 2.5 years of non-stop everyday (Low-Dose) Meth use did to my face. OHHHH MY GOD! LOOK WHAT IT DID TO MY FACE! MY BEAUTIFUL FACE! OH, HOW IT'S RUINED MY FACE! OH, HOW IT'S RUINED MY LIFE! I WAS SO ATTRACTIVE! SO BEAUTIFUL! AND NOW IT'S RUINED MY BEAUTIFUL FACE! OHHHHHH MY GOD, OHHHHH MY GOODDDDD!"

Better? :rolleyes:

I9pY2SA.jpg

Methamphetamine is a Medication:
eYbEUKa.png

Meth has no medicinal or focus-enhancing value. Its a purely hedonistic "lets get high as hell and whack off or have crazy unworldly sex" kind of drug. I don't like when people say it "helps them" with their ADD/ADHD LOL. It helps you focus on ruining your life fast and quickly as possible. Meth is not beneficial for anything besides getting so high as god damn hell as possible on this planet.. I hope nobody trying it finds it addicting at all like this above user. Otherwise, its going to be one of the worst demons within your entire lif Thousands and thousands of addicts truly struggle and cannot beat this addiction. I just didn't want anyone to not know how this drug can be the end of you and many never had control based on the beginning euphoria hitting their receptors. It was over for them by that point (but most will take time to lose control and ruin their future from this stimulant overlord). Like heroin, it is to be feared but if crossed--its up to the user to deal with the relationship between addict and drug from then on. No one else can save you but yourself :)
Sassy Drama Queen GIF
the big lebowski film GIF

No matter what people say here its just as hard as heroin
I completely agree.

What is a hard drug?

If you take away heroin's propensity for fatal overdoses, meth is very clearly a much more destructive drug in society, at least up front and more dramatic changes in people... I'm sure people could hide their heroin use better than meth use at least for the first few months

meth will change your behavior way more quickly than a heroin habit... heroin doesn't cause psychosis or people to stay up for 7 days... if I watched someone on video get high 24/7 for a week on meth vs heroin, I would definitely look at the meth user as "dirtier" or more extreme probably

subjective semantics in the end

@acklac7 what's your story man? did you really graduate from Harvard?
I did not. My Father did (as I mentioned above).

My Story? I (orally) low-dosed methamphetamine along with St.Johns wort - two (secret) evolutionary drugs that cause profound changes to the mind and body. I then soaked in the hottub for hours on end everynight which Neuromodulated the effects of said evolutionary drugs and caused my mind and body to evolve at an unprecidented rate.

The (Low-Dose Meth-Mutant Super-Evolved) CIA then came after me: I fought with the CIA, bitched a fit to the CIA, evolved past the CIA, then joined the CIA. Annnnddd here I am on Bluelight, where everything began 3 years ago (https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/self-medicating-adhd-with-meth.889218/) in an attempt to help people see the light, see the truth, and evolve up to my level.

y60LsI3.jpg