• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How difficult is it to stop using meth once addicted?

I agree on this. One of my closest friends is a (used to be heroin) fentanyl junkie and we talk often about what it's like to be addicted to such different drugs. He hates uppers. I hate downers these days. But his "I'm tired of living like this" while i rode with him to his hookup the other day had me in tears. Cuz even tho I'm not throwing up when I don't got shit, I'm tired of living my life like this to. I'm just as much of a slave to meth as he is a slave to fentanyl/heroin.
We’ve got lots of resources and people around here ready to help and support you when you make the decision to live your life differently.

There are just as many reformed and clean drug users here as there are enthusiasts and active users.

Personally, all I wanna do for 2-3 days is EAT.
Sleep sure, but that rebound appetite is serious.
Ghostbusters Eating GIF
Yeah, eat crap food too. Like double quarter pounders / fried chicken etc.

My diet goes to shit when I'm "withdrawing" from Meth. It's weird, I eat 10x better on Meth than off.

Yeah, eat crap food too. Like double quarter pounders / fried chicken etc.

My diet goes to shit when I'm "withdrawing" from Meth. It's weird, I eat 10x better on Meth than off.
Here's a tip:
Even if you're eating crap (actually, ESPECIALLY if you're eating crap), take multivitamins and extra vitamin C and B complex with your junk food. It really helps your body to recover from a binge.

I was a daily user during 2003 and 2006. Back then all i did was smoke and it was the peanut butter dope ( thats what we called it then) best dope for getting things done. I could work long hours at the restaurant and be exhausted enough at the end of the shift to sleep every night.

I guess it wasnt till i tried ice for the first time in late 2006 that i started to develope a real problem. Thats the shit that got me hooked on the needle and i knew if i kept using it would destroy my life.

I became more of a binge user with the needle and would always find some excuse for one last fix. Every time my wife and i would get into annargument about her drinking id run to the needle and be up for a couple days.

It wasnt till after we got divorced in 2012 that my binges became more of a suicide mission than a actual binge. I started putting more and more in the spoon jhst to get that perfect rush. At that point i had lost all control and just wanted to die. Id binge for a week or to until i had lost everything and then be sober for a couple of years and gain it all back. Then something shitty would happen like a breakup or getting fired from a job and id be on another binge and even more daring then the last.

At one point i was doing such large shots that i think i poped a blood vessel in my eye or something cause one eye was stuck completely dialated while the other had a pinpoint pupil. I had a massave headache for days and was extremely sensitive to light.

After that i stayed clean for a couple months and went on another binge with a mission to kill myself via od. Stayed up for over a week and the last shot i did had to been close to a gram. That one gave me no rush but left me unable to function or move for several hours and i just fell asleep.

The last time i stuck a needle in my arm was about 3 years ago. I started remembering all the damage it had done on previous binges and all the things i had lost because i couldnt function when on meth. Mainly because i was on a mission to get as high as i possibly could of of 1 shot or i was trying to kill myself off of 1 shot.

I didnt want to leave my kids without a father from a overdose so i did what i could to make sure that i never put myself in a situation where meth became an escape.

I still have cravings and i still want to feel that rush but reading some of these stories reminds me of all the bad shit i had to go through to get to this point.

Mate. It’s not my responsibility any more but I want to remind you that this is the frontline Harm Reduction sub-forum. I think it is uncool of you to enter every single serious meth-related post in these forums and attempt to downplay the risks of meth when all of us who have read your posts over the last year know it has totally fucked up your life, sent you psychotic, caused you to lose your housing and employment and a while bunch of other stuff.

I don’t like to call people out like this - but the damage meth has done you is written over hundreds of Bluelight posts for all to see.

We are not prohibitionist here at all and people’s lived experience is respected whether they had problems with a drug or believe it transformed them for the better - but you are really taking the piss now.
Tis the reason I have this dude blocked. He's an embarrassment to himself.

I did not. My Father did (as I mentioned above).

My Story? I (orally) low-dosed methamphetamine along with St.Johns wort - two (secret) evolutionary drugs that cause profound changes to the mind and body. I then soaked in the hottub for hours on end everynight which Neuromodulated the effects of said evolutionary drugs and caused my mind and body to evolve at an unprecidented rate.

The (Low-Dose Meth-Mutant Super-Evolved) CIA then came after me: I fought with the CIA, bitched a fit to the CIA, evolved past the CIA, then joined the CIA. Annnnddd here I am on Bluelight, where everything began 3 years ago (https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/self-medicating-adhd-with-meth.889218/) in an attempt to help people see the light, see the truth, and evolve up to my level.

y60LsI3.jpg

Lol.

Speaking for myself, it’s been super hard. I can kick the habit for a week tops. But after that, I’m gonna do anything to get it. If my people don’t have it, I’m gonna find someone. I’m a long term binger .. I’ll binge a month or two straight if I can get my hands on it. Of course I’ll try to sleep (benzos, seroquel)/eat/shower but I will do that shit everyday to the point where I’ve lost 20 pounds, my skin is dry and cracked, my teeth are yellow, my room is a mess, and I haven’t done laundry in weeks.

It's really difficult to say and I really think it kind of depends on the person a bit. My older brother got into some casual meth use a few years ago but didn't feel like it was anything special so moved on. He's always had a unique ability to put every drug down except weed (whereas I'm the exact opposite). The longest I went without meth was 18 months between 2017 and 2022. I'd get blocks ot 6-8-10 months up here and there and use one or two days and reset my counter.

MAT would definitely make things easier. In Australia there is a new pilot programme for replacement Modafinil instead of Opiate Replacement Therapy which does apparently show promising results. Not the same mechanism of action, but the gist is there. Me? Come next week I have my own Medication Assisted Treatment. 4x5mg Dexamphetamine collected direct from the chemist twice a week, prurely for my needs. I can't wait, I've been using meth to get to and from work and finish my shift (by ubering there and home) and it's just getting frustrating. Give me my legal stimulants, I earnt it.

I wouldn't start it, if you haven't already, if that's what you're actually asking.

Well I just like with addiction I think it just all depends on the person. Me personally I have no problem getting of meth no matter how much I’ve used or long I’ve been using. I can use for a month then put it away and not pick it up again for several months. I don’t ever get any cravings and I don’t have any withdraws either other than just being extremely tired.
Now heroin is another story for another time!!

i just(Week or more ago) did meth for first time n decades, it was ice , smoked,,,,,,,,,im so glad i dont like it,sure for a min i felt kinda good, different strokes for dif folks, seems the tweekers i know and have known struggle so hard to stop, but WD doesnt seem so physical, but i bet for many any drug is hard to stop , if you like it and sure, done it for a long time, glad i got that curiosity off my bucket list

i just(Week or more ago) did meth for first time n decades, it was ice , smoked,,,,,,,,,im so glad i dont like it,sure for a min i felt kinda good, different strokes for dif folks, seems the tweekers i know and have known struggle so hard to stop, but WD doesnt seem so physical, but i bet for many any drug is hard to stop , if you like it and sure, done it for a long time, glad i got that curiosity off my bucket list
Glad you checked it off your bucket list and that you didn't like it. It also prevented you from posting on BL.

Yes, I did notice your absence and was wondering what you were up to. <3

I think at one point it was actually on my list of things to try as well but now I'm glad that particular bucket just bobs in the ocean and has drifted far away from me.

Is Meth-Amphetamine that much more enforcing when compared with d-Amphetamine?

Or is it the way of administration. Oral Dex-Amphetamine wasn't a problem when i quitted it, I was taken off abrupt by a dr. So maybe switch to oral first and take it from there.

Or is it the way of administration. Oral Dex-Amphetamine wasn't a problem when i quitted it, I was taken off abrupt by a dr. So maybe switch to oral first and take it from there.
Somewhat so, I think, regardless of ROA. I've found oral methamphetamine to be a bit harder to control than d-amphetamine, partially due to the enhanced feeling of euphoria, but also in large part due to the extended duration, which encourages binging into the next day (even taken at 8am, it's been hard to sleep at midnight), and the intense potency, which encourages higher dosing.

Glad you checked it off your bucket list and that you didn't like it. It also prevented you from posting on BL.

Yes, I did notice your absence and was wondering what you were up to. <3

I think at one point it was actually on my list of things to try as well but now I'm glad that particular bucket just bobs in the ocean and has drifted far away from me.
cant get anything past you! and i wish i didnt even go there but the desire is forever gone dont care who you are or what you like that shit is caca

Somewhat so, I think, regardless of ROA. I've found oral methamphetamine to be a bit harder to control than d-amphetamine, partially due to the enhanced feeling of euphoria, but also in large part due to the extended duration, which encourages binging into the next day (even taken at 8am, it's been hard to sleep at midnight), and the intense potency, which encourages higher dosing.
Yeah, I call it the “Meth Trap” - You take what you think is going to be your last dose at 1:00PM, (or in some cases your first dose at 8am) and then next thing you know it’s 3:00am the next morning, you have to be at work in 4 hours, and you can’t sleep a wink. At that point there’s only one thing to do: Stay up and take more, and that’s where you begin to run into problems.

And I’ve quit for nearly 3 months now - zero issues. I actually purchased a ball right before I quit but ended up telling my buddy to keep it for himself, as I didn’t care for it anymore.

For me quitting was an easy decision: I used Meth as a brain/cognitive enhancer, when it no longer functioned as a brain/cognitive enhancer, and became detrimental to the brain, I knew it was time to quit.

I don’t crave it anymore, I don’t even think about it anymore. It just seems like overkill for me anymore given all the natural energy I have from all the amazing things going on in my life at the moment. To be honest? All I want is Adderall/Vyvanse/Dexedrine now - Meth just seems like overkill.

All that said, I’m guessing I speak for about 5% of Meth addicts, so take what I say with a grain of salt…

Last edited:

I've never tried regular amphetamine (that I know of anyway) but spent a lot of time with meth over the years. I gotta assume d-amp doesn't come close to d-meth as far as those behavior-reinforcing effects go.
Set and setting play a big role, almost like psychedelics do.
Personally, i feel like this matters more during the come up phase of an acid trip, like if you get through that part ok, you're probably good the rest of the way.
It goes deeper with stimulants, though. The activities you engage in for the next 12 hours are being recorded in your frontal lobe as new neuro-pathways (completely paved-over is probably more accurate).
So you begin to associate everyday tasks (brushing your teeth, taking a dump, going to work, social interactions, etc) with an intense euphoria that's out of place no matter what setting you're in. You can't get that feeling naturally. The big problem with all that is an altered reward center response tied to the "mini victories" one experiences throughout the day. Tiny hits of dopamine your brain releases naturally when you accomplish something.
Your brain is being re-trained to only release the happy chemicals when meth is present.

Hope any of that made sense.

And I’ve quit for nearly 3 months now - zero issues. I actually purchased a ball right before I quit but ended up telling my buddy to keep it for himself, as I didn’t care for it anymore.

For me quitting was an easy decision: I used Meth as a brain/cognitive enhancer, when it no longer functioned as a brain/cognitive enhancer, and became detrimental to the brain, I knew it was time to quit.

I don’t crave it anymore, I don’t even think about it anymore. It just seems like overkill for me anymore given all the natural energy I have from all the amazing things going on in my life at the moment. To be honest? All I want is Adderall/Vyvanse/Dexedrine now - Meth just seems like overkill.

All that said, I’m guessing I speak for about 5% of Meth addicts, so take what I say with a grain of salt…

Did the CIA fire you once you woke up, or are you still employed ? Lol.