Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television House

the episode towards the end of last series (second last one i think, with the 3 people with the injured leg, carmen electra and where you find out the reason for his limp) was absolutely awesome television.

the cuts from classroom to hospital room were fucking cool, the story was confusing (in the good way where you get to the end and go 'aahhhhhh i get it now'), it was such a great move away from the routine storytelling in so many other shows, i loved it!

but you're right jml0423... the formula is pretty obvious after a few viewings- the big main problem, and a sideline comedy problem, work work work to get it healed, then suddenly some little thing in the sideline problem triggers a memory of some obscure cure and house saves the day.

i still think the show's great though.

^ yea that episode was GREAT!

I STILL love this show. However this last episode that was on tuesday night i felt was a bit too much, it was not up to par imo. I didnt like how they kept switching from his beef with an old mate to the current agenda.

I cant wait for next week! I also cant wait to see if his ex comes back for some reason i feel like she is going to.

I am disgusted yet find it so interesting at the same time that he had the hooker come, i know he talked about it in other episodes but eww.

I also am addicted to Greys Anatomy.

I fuckin' love this show... of course, I'm an ass-hole.

^lol!

Last night... WHOA... I like to play armchair doctor and call what's wrong with the patient at the beginning but I couldn't have seen that one coming!

I wasn't fond of the fact that it was a little gratuitous at the beginning, but I think it was probably necessary to lay the foundation. The look on the dad's face when he was told his "daughter's" diagnosis was priceless.

:D

This show might be able to make up in my heart for the cancellation of "Commander In Chief" (a disappointment, but not unexpected).

yea i said i didnt really like this show but everytime i see it on tv i end up watching it. im not sure if it was a new one monday but i liked how she gave him saline instead of morphine.. made ya think.

id really like to know from a real DR's point of view if this show is legit from how real DR's do these things

Who wouldn't like a show with a wise-ass, junkie, "bad boy" doctor as the lead role?

As an aside: I don't think the "model" looked ANYWHERE near 17; talk about Plain Jane.

As much as I love House, it's SO far from being anywhere close to what the real medical profession is like.

ego_loss said:
As much as I love House, it's SO far from being anywhere close to what the real medical profession is like.

I disagree. Could you cite some specific examples?

^ Are you serious! I know next to NOTHING about medicine (so perphaps i should just keep my mouth shut) but i cannot fathom for the life of me how House's behaviour could be anywhere near acceptable in ANY kind of professional atmosphere. Much less a hospital where the stakes are life and death!

Last edited:
i thought the model was 15...the dad said at the beginning something about comparing her to another model who was 13 when starting and he then said "and you have 2 years up on her"

either way i didnt think she was even model like hot?

^I agree but I thought you meant the actual hospital operations/goof-ups. With the exception of one slight inaccuracy; everything else, medicine-wise has been correct.

Bump: season three just ended, and my world is ashambles. Why'd they go and do that :(

I like junkie house, why make a good doctor go to rehab?

that cop is a twat too. I wish they showed the thermometer up his ass...

ChemicalBeauty said:
^ Are you serious! I know next to NOTHING about medicine (so perphaps i should just keep my mouth shut) but i cannot fathom for the life of me how House's behaviour could be anywhere near acceptable in ANY kind of professional atmosphere. Much less a hospital where the stakes are life and death!

They actually go over that same question in the show numerous times. In a profession like that, attitude is sometimes overlooked for genius.

its... a television show.

I can't believe nobody watched/has comments on the season finale though.

I watched. I don't really know what to say other than I'm shocked. I originally fell asleep during the last 15/20 minutes when all the juicy stuff happened, I just now finished watching it. It's still processing I think.

I think the debate here over the show being 'real' or not is actually less of a debate than it seems. It comes across to me that some of you are talking about the medical aspects of the show, the rest of you the drama. The medical cases/aspects are accurate, but of course working in a medical setting isn't actually like portrayed in the show. It's TV. That's the point. You don't want to come home from work at the hospital and then watch the real thing on television.

As far as House's attitude, it's not as uncommon as you'd think, although his 'genius' probably is. :\

Anyone watching the new season? I wasnt too impressed with the episode this week.

The show overall or the episode I mentioned?