Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television House

I just hope they dont drag out House hiring a new staff through a majority of the season. I also think its strange that he basically offered a job to the old man (nothing against his age...his name just isnt known yet) even without a medical degree just because he supposedly took all of the classes as an auditor.

Nah, it should make it interesting. Especially considering the conflict between house and his best friend (oncologist, don't remember his name) has become less interesting. And Cutty is becoming a 2d Character instead of developing.

I got to say I only watch this show for Hugh Laurie. The medical bits make me squirm and feel uncomfortable and I don't like any of the other characters, especially Wilson and Cameron. I hope Cameron never comes back.

Cuddy is cool though.

ha, my girlfriend got me competely hooked on this show. Although I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of the new season :\

I can't get over that one dude from harlold and kumar being on there...he just doesn't fit. Come to think of it, I don't really care for any of the potential new "team" members.

Me too. I also am finding a lot of the stuff to be less believable. For example when they get paged due to their patient not breathing on the floor I would think there would be nurses taking to him or people gathering in the hallway not having the guy basically dead in a hallway with absolutely noone there. VERY unrealistic and while it IS TV I feel other seasons werent like this. I also dont understand why they even have the new people...are they trying to bring more actors on the show? I am glad foreman is back though.

I don't know what in the hell they were thinking when they went and got rid of House's original team. These new "members" are a joke in comparison to the characters that were Chase, Cameron and Foreman (even though Foreman is "back", he's nowhere near as interesting).

Seriously, it's starting to look like the writers or whoever made a disastrous move. Story lines seem desperate and the writing isn't as witty or original as it used to be, either. I don't know if the writing staff was completely replaced or what, but something is definitely not right with this once-amazing drama.

They could have at least made another season or two with the old cast. I've already practically memorized the first 3 seasons, now what am I supposed to do? :(

I used to love this, it was one of the (very few) shows that I actually watched week by week. Season one and two were great. But somewhere along the way I started finding it hard to get through an episode without feeling the yawns coming on.

A tad too formulaic. It got to the point where I just wanted to fast forward the medical drama scenes , as they were starting to all meld together into a ball of sameness, so that I could see the actual plot development (you know, the plot that runs episode to episode, concerning the main characters and their lives.)

I agree.

The first two series were fun, but it became all too apparent in the third series that the script had basically flatlined and that they were keeping it alive on a respirator (aren't I witty?).

It's the same fucking story over and over again, the same conclusions, the same retrospective music in the penultimate scene, the same relationships. And the inclusion of David Morse as the disgruntled cop - rather than spicing things up - only really highlighted that nothing had really changed... just a single, one-dimensional character had been added into an equation that still gave the same answer: House is always right (even when wrong).

It feels formulaic.

well all the same, the writers strike is still sending me into acute withdrawl. :p

Rated E said:
A tad too formulaic. It got to the point where I just wanted to fast forward the medical drama scenes , as they were starting to all meld together into a ball of sameness, so that I could see the actual plot development (you know, the plot that runs episode to episode, concerning the main characters and their lives.)
Yes. lol yes. This becomes excruciatingly apparent if you ever watch them on DVD. But that said I still like the show. :)

Did anyone watch last night and the episode before that? Way over the top! I don't really take this show in the context of serious business so it's OK for me. I was actually thinking of the soaps that House likes to watch while watching the last two episodes. Not really a shocking ending but a good on IMO.

I thought the last two episodes were the strongest of the season in terms of both writing and acting. Considering the premise of the show it's tough to keep it fresh without it becoming outlandish. They've always ended the seasons strongly (in my opinion), but I wasn't a fan of the whole rogue cop story line. The Three Stories episode ranks among my favourites.

i just wanted to express my utmost approval for this fine televisual feast. it's one of my most anticipated programmes of the entire week.

i think we're still seeing the latest series here in the UK. :)

I have only just gotten into this as well. My GF is a fan and recently bought the DVDs of Season 1.

In all I really like it but its tendency to religiously follow the same formula looks as though it will drag it down over the long term. Ignoring that, its some good shit

Ya If you are going to watch the DVD's I would suggest watching like an episode a day.

Damn. The last two episodes (23+24) are fuckin' crazy. The timing of these episodes (in relation to what's going on in my world) is even crazier. Definitely go watch those now if you are a House fan. And you have to watch 23 first, they go together.

I'm not going to do through this thread because I don't want to ruin it. I actually own the Season before the one on air. I don't know the number. My bf is awesome and they aren't cheap. I watched it in one night. Pretty much until the morning. It sucks that I miss the new episodes since I'm at school. They pretty interesting. I've been catching the commercials on the radio. Guess either I'll have to buy the Season or catch the rerun episodes after the Season ends.
On a side note, did you know in real life Hugh Laurie has an English accent. That though me for a look. I don't know how you fake an American accent but then again Americans can do a British one.

I don't know with all the jokes surrounding English-ness in that show how anybody could not realize Hugh Laurie was English never mind how consistently throughout a couple decades he has been in the public eye. It honestly surprises me when people are surprised by this fact.

I'm pretty sure English fake American accents much more often (and better) than the other way around. It happens in soooooo many films/ TV shows.

I don't know how you fake an American accent but then again Americans can do a British one.

Only two americans that i can think of that did a good british accent and that was Brad Pitt in "Snatch" and Johnny Depp's was ok in Pirates of the Caribbean and Sweeney Todd.

Back to House though, I was suprised that it ended that way, although it was a shock. I haven't researched to see if any more seasons have been started, but it would be hard for him to come back from that ending and still be the doctor he was before. I guess he could do a "John Nash" from A Beautiful Mind and ignore his hallucinations, but i doubt they would let him work in medicine with that.

Was a good show and its sad that its come to an end:(