• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

House music, the syphillitic infection of Melbourne's music scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
doofqueen said:
is acid techno the same things as hard acid or completely different? hard acid is next to psytrance for me..i love hard acid...but i can't deal with it when i'm on acid ...too hectic hehehe
Acid techno is really just a term to distinguish the music from the acid house, and the more trancey acid.
There is not really a rigid cllassification of acid, but I'd probably decribe stuff like Brain or even some Warmduscher tracks as hard acid , whereas I'd use the term acid techno to describe stuff like Chris Liberator, DAVE the Drummer, Geezer etc...
I like it all anyways. (Acid house not so much)

Here's a track of each type:
Acid House: Daft Punk - Da Funk
Acid Trance: Wavegenerator - Mindshift
Hard Acid: Asys - Acid Nightmare (Warmduscher mix)
Acid Techno: DDR & The Geezer - Mad Cows On Acid

if you dont understand now, you never will.8) and if you dont like the music, dont go. these clubs filter out people you otherwise wouldn't want to see at VIRUS parties and the like. you should be fucking worshipping them...

EDIT V V V

Acid House: Daft Punk - Da Funk
dude, Daft Punk is not acid house...

Timmmmmy said:
if you dont understand now, you never will. and if you dont like the music, dont go. these clubs filter out people you otherwise wouldn't want to see at VIRUS parties and the like. you should be fucking worshipping them...
VIRUS are the only crew playing acid techno these days, while I love virus parties, the fact is that ther are not many of them since Geddes was lost, and a monthly acid fix just aint enough!

dude, Daft Punk is not acid house...
Listen to the song.

Last edited:
"house music.... is soul music"

Can't remember what trak that is, but I used to love it way back when I was a bit of a housecat. I have diverted from house for the last few years, but after a trip to Sydney and then an excellent night out at Honkytonks for Ben Cromack, I must say my love for house is being rejuvenated.

I've just re-realised how FUN it is to dance to! Its the kinda music you can swing your hips to. Its sexy, its deep, its funky... and it can be damn pounding too!

Bring on da house.

nag.gif

^^^ coolest smiley ever :D

oh, and house music rules :) see sig. although i'm sure the true old-sk00l l337 house music afficianados will tell me i'm a tosser for having fatboy slim in my sig, but meh :p

to quote boy george...

... he was describing the harder genres of music like acid techno "... is for white boys who haven't discovered their hips" :D

i guess thats why i love house music... it has soul and funk and you can shake your booty and actually dance instead of jumping up and down like a maniac.

but i do agree there is a lot of crap house (aka shit-house, pun intended) out there... but when you hear someone like Frankie Knuckles you realize how gooood house music can be.

but to each their own... i guess if some peeps like acid techno then let it be... and if others like house, let it be... i don't see a reason for hostility and wanting once genre of music to "fuck off and die!" chiiiil winstaaan!

Keep it Real homies! --dex

PS: i have nothing against white-boys (or girls) who haven't discovered thier hips... i hope ya'all discover it one day so that we all can shake out little booties to the smooth, deep grooves of house music :)

SteveElektro: You didn't answer my question...

How do you (you personally) define house music, in terms of beat structure and rythem and such? Give examples if it helps...

And also, can you explain the difference in the styles of people such as Frankie Knuckles, Nick Sentience, and John Digweed - all of whom play music with the word "house" in it? And how do these three people fit your definition of house music?

fupp off all you fupping-teck loving, house hating freaks. I've been to Fokus a number of times and I can't stand it. Muso's may love it, but guys... most people aren't muso's. Funky house, deep house, french house all rock! Hard house is barely tolerable and commercial house can go so suck my flacid cock. Breaks is my favorite genre at the moment and I so wish there was more going on in Melbourne. When I go out, I just shake my bootie-thang and keep acid-tech as far away as I possibly can.

BREAKS RULE!!!

house, breaks, techno, trance ect.. are all just as good as each other, its just a matter of opinion, so shut the fuck up please!!!

half empty or half full?

Word to french house! dimitri owns me =D

mona: "House is a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing" is that the track miss mona ? :)

onetwothreefour: Have you checked out FBS Big Beach Boutique II ? wicked album , "77 Strings" by Kurtis Mantronik presents Chamonix and "Crazy Talk (dub)" are awesome tracks =D

Pleonastic: I like where you are going with this man!.So many different types of house music .

I find it hard to believe someone can hate every-single-song that fits into such a wide and varied genre of music. pffft! whatever.

Anyway,I am and always will be a big fan of house music.Nothing beats watching a girl dancing to some sexy deep funky house,except for maybe dancing with that girl to some sexy deep funky house music =D

*shakes his booty*

this post has been a complete and utter waste of time!

just read the title of the thread again. How can Melbourne's dance music scene have been infected with something that kicked it off in the first place? NRG is perhaps the latest infection, but not house. ffs, nearly everything derives itself from house.

PS: yes Daft Punk may use 303's and yes they may make house, but when i think of acid house, i tend to think of stuff produced in the late 80's/early 90's. i apologise for being pedantic. :\

Re: this post has been a complete and utter waste of time!

Timmmmmy said:
PS: yes Daft Punk may use 303's and yes they may make house, but when i think of acid house, i tend to think of stuff produced in the late 80's/early 90's. i apologise for being pedantic. :\

Yeah I know acid house is usually used to describe the old shit that kicked off in UK, but Da Funk was just the first track that popped in my head.

As far as what I consider house , as I am hardly the expert on the subject I have just gone by what people have told me is some type of house (I have many friends who are into all sorts of the shit) and from what I have heard of the 3584 sub-genres of house, I don't like 99% of it.
Usually I find it too slow, to cheesey, too repetitive (ie no builds or peaks) and I can't stand when some chick busts in and starts singing about how she's back on the dance floor coz her syphillis went away. Also, you can't really go off to most of it.

And as far as breaks go, thats' probably my second fave type of music.

what a crock of shit

Usually I find it too slow, to cheesey, too repetitive (ie no builds or peaks) and I can't stand when some chick busts in and starts singing about how she's back on the dance floor coz her syphillis went away. Also, you can't really go off to most of it.

Bollocks! There's a lot of shit house, but there's loads more good house out there. In particular progressive house and deep house. :) You obviously have never met me, because you CAN go off to it, it's great for listening to when you're having sex, when you're working, when you're out, when you're being a msg board slut, whatever the occasion really house is great for it.

That's the reason why house is fast becoming the music I'm listening to most these days. Don't get me wrong I still love Techno and Trance and Breaks and most other styles, but house is the most easygoing out of them all, it's great. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.