• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hey:)! What's your favorite thing to do to to create a natural, drug free "high"?

Notsoprettyinpink

Bluelighter
Hey:)! What's your favorite thing to do to to create a natural, drug free "high"?

Hi all:). I've gotten so much great advise on here (I'm only almost 15 days clean from oxycodone and methadone, per choice as I could actually get the oxycodone again via my pain management doctor but cancelled my appointment last week).

Blah, blah:). Anyway, many suggested to me "hobbies". Asking what I used to enjoy doing before my only hobby for the past almost 3 years of useage was counting pills, staring at walls, neglecting myself and eventually secluding myself from all of my friends. I'm quite sure you all know I'm being sarcastic:). NOT so great "hobbies" or things I enjoy unless of course I decide to become a pharmacIst in the future but there's a 0% chance of that so forget I mentioned it:).

All and all, I've wrote on other threads how bad my PAWS now is (got, of course, AMAZING feedback as for the lack of sleep, "drug dreams" in which they either crumble and dissolve in my hand or else fall to a place I can't reach them, the chills yet and being "MS. CRAB OF ALL CRABS"...at this point I'm like a king crab leg that costs $50 if one exists) so today I sat and thought; "What did you once love"?

Here's what my drug free "highs" used to be and ones I'd like to fully gain back (and have started to); writing (you're probably thinking, REALLY...haha...meaning because I write such in depth threads:)), I also enjoyed writing poetry (I posted one on here, I'm not great, but love it), listening to music LOUDLY (anything from 80's and 90's rock, to alternative to a few current singers). I also loved the summer (I live in PA so it's much too short and miss the last place I lived so much which was Georgia) and being in the sun. LOVED, LOVED planting flower gardens and building Koi ponds. Also reading books. Hiking and running (I can't run anymore due to having RSD but there is an area near my home that has a huge hiking trail that's on flat ground and all that surrounds you is nature and it's beauty and a lake:). I can do that. Even if it's a slow one mile hike unlike the 8-10 miles I used to do. And lastly being a good friend to others. I LOVED people. All my good loves were replaced by pills. These all used to be my natural "highs" and as you can see I listed many. More then enough to keep me pleasantly fulfilled:)

So, what's yours? I'd love to hear:).
"Clean" (and I consider Suboxone and Methadone maintenance as being "clean") or even if you're not clean and are just hoping to be someday. I also want to always stress this in my threads...even if you're not clean, NO JUDGEMENT here!!! Feel free to chime in:)

Much love to all <3!
Sincerely,
Bernadette (aka "notsoprettyinpink" when I was taking, and not always by mouth even, mass quantities of 10 MG oxycodone.....otherwise pink is actually my favorite color and I even dressed up a bit today to get out for a while and am wearing a pink dress but a pink PILL isn't in me:).

• Metta
  • Vipassana
  • Zazen
  • Learning about pretty much anything interesting is good.
  • Hiking
  • Walking around pretty botanical gardens
  • Gardenings
  • Cooking
  • Listening to music
  • Reading
  • Walking nowhere in particular
  • Hanging around BL
  • Talking to strangers
  • Riding my bike
  • Writing

All these things make me particularly happy!

Thank you Bernie! This has been strangely therapeutic for me. I'm not nearly as fucked up and broken as I feel sometimes :)

• Metta
  • Vipassana
  • Zazen
  • Learning about pretty much anything interesting is good.
  • Hiking
  • Walking around pretty botanical gardens
  • Gardenings
  • Cooking
  • Listening to music
  • Reading
  • Walking nowhere in particular
  • Hanging around BL
  • Talking to strangers
  • Riding my bike
  • Writing

All these things make me particularly happy!

Thank you Bernie! This has been strangely therapeutic for me. I'm not nearly as fucked up and broken as I feel sometimes :)
Haha, Toothpaste:)! I was writing on your thread just as you were writing on mine:). How ironic:)!

I LOVE your list!!! I only failed to mention bluelight because this site is THE BEST!!:)...yet I don't think I needed to since I'm on several times per day and write my own "books" as threads and responses instead of actually getting back to READING books yet:). Also, learning about things I don't know much about. Plus cooking. See? Reading your list made me realize I had 3 more sober "highs" to add to my list:). And I'd almost bet that it will continue to happen:). Someone may read this and think ; "Oh wow, I actually FORGOT I once loved doing that":)!

It was strangely therapeutic for me as well but moreso I'm THRILLED that it made YOU feel that way:):):):)!!!!!! And when you view what I wrote on your thread you'll see that I've also been pretty messed up over the years at certain points concerning certain issues as well. Face it, we ALL are to some degree. Most just don't talk about it like we can so freely do on here:). I just have a STRONG premonition that you are NOT as "fucked up" as you sometimes may feel:)!!!

You're SOOOOOO intelligent, kind hearted, give excellent advise.....you're awesome in my opinion, Toothpaste:):):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compliments will get you everywhere my dear ;)

Ooo! I forgot to add something to my list :)

• Observing people do beautiful things.

<3

Compliments will get you everywhere my dear ;)

Ooo! I forgot to add something to my list :)

• Observing people do beautiful things.

<3
How could I not be complimentary towards you? You've been such a sweetheart to me right from the start. You've taken much time out of your days to share helpful tips and links with me. I can't even begin to tell you how much all you've done for me means to me.
MUCH, MUCH love to you <3

Anything that you can immerse yourself in in a way that you lost your count of time is pretty useful while cravings hit or withdrawals are bad. Writing to a BL is a good option always as we have plenty of wonderful people like TPD and you Notsoprettyinpink <3

Things that work are different for everyone but whatever you liked in the past is a good option to try. I love to watch NFL now as the pre-season has started and in the same time write to BL. I am currently watching Detroit@ Pittsburgh game from last week.

Before starting watching the game I tinkered with the BMW 740 from 1995 which I bought today. It has some flaws so I got it very cheap. For example the lights were not working and the previous owner told he had checked everything and was sure there is some major flaw with electronics such as he amplifier for the xenons not working or even the main computer being broken

Actually it had just bad contacts in the amplifier box and took me 15 minutes to fix so I had time to fix other not so important but time consuming flaws...

Probably some of you are not so interested in fixing cars or NFL but it works for me so remember to look for your own thing. There is actually something zazen in fixing cars :)

Anything that you can immerse yourself in in a way that you lost your count of time is pretty useful while cravings hit or withdrawals are bad. Writing to a BL is a good option always as we have plenty of wonderful people like TPD and you Notsoprettyinpink <3

Things that work are different for everyone but whatever you liked in the past is a good option to try. I love to watch NFL now as the pre-season has started and in the same time write to BL. I am currently watching Detroit@ Pittsburgh game from last week.

Before starting watching the game I tinkered with the BMW 740 from 1995 which I bought today. It has some flaws so I got it very cheap. For example the lights were not working and the previous owner told he had checked everything and was sure there is some major flaw with electronics such as he amplifier for the xenons not working or even the main computer being broken

Actually it had just bad contacts in the amplifier box and took me 15 minutes to fix so I had time to fix other not so important but time consuming flaws...

Probably some of you are not so interested in fixing cars or NFL but it works for me so remember to look for your own thing. There is actually something zazen in fixing cars :)
Thanks for the compliment for starters<3!
As for keeping your mind occupied so you're not "clock watching", that's the absolute best thing you can do, in my opinion too. At the beginning it's hard though especially while going through PAWS now so I stopped counting days and hours (it's been a little over 2 weeks) and instead am hoping that I'll wake one day and feel totally like me again:).

I'm glad you have defocusing mechanisms. I'm having a tough time with that right now yet look at the huge list of things I once enjoyed that got covered up by pills.

Speaking of vehicles. Last week a few days after mostly all of my acute symptoms were done I randomly went out and bought a new. Well, not new but almost. A black 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude, decored it with black and pink (I have an obsession with pink pills and the color in general which makes my name almost funny cause I think I look best in pink but not while taking mass quantities of oxycodone 10mgs)....back to the vehicle...since I've got it I mostly just look at it. I may have put about 10 miles on it.

Yesterday, the day after writing this, the PAWS kicked in bad. I was in such a dark depression and just sat miserably doing nothing. TV didn't even help when I tried. So tonight I'm going to PUSH it and go for a ride and perhaps for a small walk around a track near my home.

Thanks again for the reply. I hope you're having a great day:):):):)!!!

I like workign out and listening to music. Once you get in the zone it feels great!
That's great:)!! I LOVE blasting music and sometimes screaming the lyrics while I'm playing it. But unfortunately can only go on a valley ride around where I live to do that or else my neighbors would call the cops:)....exercise is hard for me and I miss it immensely but I'm trying my best to just take it slow.

Thanks for sharing<3

Extreme sports like downhill mountain biking, backcountry skiing, rock climbing and kayaking or even cliff jumping and sky diving. Art and music is always great.

Extreme sports like downhill mountain biking, backcountry skiing, rock climbing and kayaking or even cliff jumping and sky diving. Art and music is always great.
So, basically things that give you an adrenaline rush. Awesome response:). And the art and music is more like a soothing mechanism to the brain, in my opinion. Thanks for adding on to my thread and sharing what makes you feel great:)!!

Cool Notsoprettyinpink.

Jeep Compass is a great car. I am a Mopar guy mostly as the last car for summer seasons was Chrysler 300M from 2001 until tree fell on top of it about week ago and bought BMW 740 from 1995. I also have Chrysler Grand Voyager from 2001 (sold as Dodge town & country in the U.S.) which I use when having more than four people as passengers and another one for spare parts. During the winters I use Jeep Grand Cherokee.

When I get all the money from sales of my novel I might buy car which isn't semi-antique :) It will be Chrysler 300C, Dodge Avenger or Jeep Renegade.

Luckily I have lots of space in my yard so all of those cars fit nicely even as there is often a car or two of my friends for tuning or repairs.

I've noticed that music listened at so high volume that you can feel the bass in your body helps a lot for withdrawals. This must have some science behind as in the inpatient rehab I was some while ago had physioacoustic chair which basically was a chair filled with subwoofers and it gave subsonic and really low bass sounds so that you could feel it in your body and it was like massaging chair except that it felt much deeper in your body.

Singing is good too and people should do it even if others think you can't sing :)

I am about to install subwoofer today to that BMW and cut of the back exhaust mufflers so I can fully enjoy the roar of V8 and at the same time feel the bass from music and sing out loud while driving. It is really therapeutic for me.

Prescottdave, I too think that anything that gives adrenaline rush is helpful and I wrote a thread about it few months ago.

Hope everything keeps going better for everyone having PAWS as it is in my opinion a lot worse than the acute phase.

Have a nice day everyone <3

Cool Notsoprettyinpink.

Jeep Compass is a great car. I am a Mopar guy mostly as the last car for summer seasons was Chrysler 300M from 2001 until tree fell on top of it about week ago and bought BMW 740 from 1995. I also have Chrysler Grand Voyager from 2001 (sold as Dodge town & country in the U.S.) which I use when having more than four people as passengers and another one for spare parts. During the winters I use Jeep Grand Cherokee.

When I get all the money from sales of my novel I might buy car which isn't semi-antique :) It will be Chrysler 300C, Dodge Avenger or Jeep Renegade.

Luckily I have lots of space in my yard so all of those cars fit nicely even as there is often a car or two of my friends for tuning or repairs.

I've noticed that music listened at so high volume that you can feel the bass in your body helps a lot for withdrawals. This must have some science behind as in the inpatient rehab I was some while ago had physioacoustic chair which basically was a chair filled with subwoofers and it gave subsonic and really low bass sounds so that you could feel it in your body and it was like massaging chair except that it felt much deeper in your body.

Singing is good too and people should do it even if others think you can't sing :)

I am about to install subwoofer today to that BMW and cut of the back exhaust mufflers so I can fully enjoy the roar of V8 and at the same time feel the bass from music and sing out loud while driving. It is really therapeutic for me.

Prescottdave, I too think that anything that gives adrenaline rush is helpful and I wrote a thread about it few months ago.

Hope everything keeps going better for everyone having PAWS as it is in my opinion a lot worse than the acute phase.

Have a nice day everyone <3
WOW, you have alot vehicles and really nice ones. I may be a woman but I do know about vehicles. Plus how to maintain them. Recently in my other SUV (2002 clean Chevy Tracker 118,000 mules and I think I met the 1st honest dealer...he said; "I really don't want to rip you off. It's well maintained, low mileage for the year and men love them for off road driving and I was going to give you 800. I'd rather see you go home, park it on your busy street and ask either for 2,000 (to negotiate or 1,500 FIRM)". That was really cool of him. Back to maintenance though I got so highly pissed (sorry) when recently a guy asked if I needed help checking my tire pressure. I was just like; "Are you seriously kidding me??? Do I look STUPID"??? Haha:). Just irritated me as I know how to check the fluids, change windshield wipers....nothing major like you but it kills me that some people don't even know how to check their oil. That's pretty bad. Haha:)

Another example is when I bought the Jeep (and the Renegades are nice and made by fiat!!), I told my ex husband and his 1st words, "The engines go bad on those". I'm like, "No, you're wrong, that was a few years ago when the Compass was being manufactured by a different company. This is a 2.7 liter." How did I get into talking all about vehicles in a ramble??? Sorry, proof that writing defocuses me though.

To end, music again. Yes, for one I have an AWFUL singing voice and can ONLY scream lyrics loudly in my vehicle where no people are around. As for the bass? FULLY AGREE!! I like my rear view mirror to shake due to it actually and feel it even helps the PAWS. I felt SO crappy when I woke today but HAD to mail something at the post office (I sell on ebay) and as soon as I threw a cd in that I love and cranked it I felt at such ease.

Anyway, thanks for all you're sharing! It's always a pleasure reading what you write:)
Much love and I hope your day is going great!

When I quit I methadone I didn't feel like doing anything at all for about a month but for me when I started to come out the other side sex the gym and music replaced the drugs. I got a buz off all them.

When I quit I methadone I didn't feel like doing anything at all for about a month but for me when I started to come out the other side sex the gym and music replaced the drugs. I got a buz off all them.
That's how I feel right now. My comfort zone is mostly just sitting and not wanting to do much at all but then when I HAVE TO go out, I shock myself that I was able to do it. So, I agree...I'm only just about 2 and half weeks clean coming off of oxycodone and methadone.

Sex right now? Ugghh, not appealing to me (but hopefully that changes soon) cause I wasn't going to write it on my list but who doesn't like it:).

As for the exercise and music, it's seems everyone is agreeing upon that.

Thanks for the reply:)

One word, masterbation. Orgasms are really, really theraputic when it comrs to recovery. Gets those endorphins flowing. Trust and believe =D

How long was you on methadone for?
Hi:). I was taking 5 mgs at night several nights per week to sleep because otherwise after 4 hours or so I'd wake withdrawing from the oxys. Then I also took about 15 mgs per day for about a week each month when I fully ran out of oxys.

I then began to realize that my 100+ oxy habit (some prescribed, most from family) just wasn't enough. I feel the methadone upped my tolerance level for the oxys. That's when I said; "I'm done".

But then I woke in the middle of the night 2 and half weeks ago with a pulse of nearly 200. That's when I took my last 5mgs of methadone. I then went to the store, stocked up on cetrizycline and immodium plus already had prescribed xanax and baclofen for muscle spasms and I sat and waited for the inevitable HORRIFIC wd's to come but they never did...just minor things. All the while I had 3 methadone saved for "just in case things got too bad". A week later I flushed them.

This is a repeat of what I wrote on another thread but I have no idea how I did. I did double up on my heart med and xanax but I've tried that route before and never succeeded. Alls I can say is I'm not HUGE on prayer but I did ask God for strength and my deceased parents. Before this, I never had an addiction problem in my life and if they were here to see me at my worst? It'd have killed them all over again as my parents were my 2 best friends.

I haven't had any experience with oxys but I know how hard it is to quit the methadone. I barely made it through wds and I have respect for anyone who does it.