• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hey:)! What's your favorite thing to do to to create a natural, drug free "high"?

Well, certain symptoms last for certain lengths of time. The acute withdrawal from methadone in my case was pretty much completely over after about one to two weeks. The only symptoms that still linger are some insomnia, GI issues (the runs) and anxiety.

That said, people have a tendency to blame anything unsavory on methadone withdrawals when they get off of it because they go from, well, being on it and feeling good to withdrawal and feeling shitty all of a sudden. It' hard, no one said it would be easy. But it is totally normal and should be expected.

Anyone can get through it. It just takes effort and, probably more importantly, being kind and gentle with one's self along the way. After all, how does one get to Carnegie Hall? Practice! And practice is damn hard to do when you and every one you know is all hard and mean and shit on yourself regarding your drug use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had any experience with oxys but I know how hard it is to quit the methadone. I barely made it through wds and I have respect for anyone who does it.
First off, I'm on nothing but my phone is spellchecking (that just said spell inhaler) so I need to watch what I write.

To you Soso, I meant SO DO I agree with you about having respect for those able to kick it but just noticed I wrote "Sometimes do I". Certainly NOT SOMETIMES, BUT rather ALWAYS and I have the upmost respect for you for quitting. I'm so sorry if you saw my error:(.

Well, certain symptoms last for certain lengths of time. The acute withdrawal from methadone in my case was pretty much completely over after about one to two weeks. The only symptoms that still linger are some insomnia, GI issues (the runs) and anxiety.

That said, people have a tendency to blame anything unsavory on methadone withdrawals when they get off of it because they go from, well, being on it and feeling good to withdrawal and feeling shitty all of a sudden. It' hard, no one said it would be easy. But it is totally normal and should be expected.

Anyone can get through it. It just takes effort and, probably more importantly, being kind and gentle with one's self along the way. After all, how does one get to Carnegie Hall? Practice! And practice is damn hard to do when you're all hard and mean and shit on yourself.
I fully agree. It just seems like some are just not budging no matter how hard I try. What I do? When it becomes EXTREMELY frustrating, I think back to the day I was POSITIVE I was going to die due to my pulse. My chest got tight, I threw up, I'm quite sure my pulse then rose even higher because it was nonstop and mostly dry heaves. That's when I gave in and took my last 5 mgs.

Methadone will never be an issue for me. I won't lie, I had often hoped it would mimic oxycodone but for me it just ridden me of withdrawals and allowed me to sleep, yet I know many others feel it's very similar to oxys. Plus you have some that take oxys and just feel like they took a "downer" and love that feeling. That was never me. Take a 100 mgs through out the day and I felt like super woman.

Just like when I foolishly asked the testing question on my 1st thread. In my brain, I knew the answer but did my usual Google searching and saw between 5 and 30 days. A huge difference. And MAYBE a super active, high metabolizing person can rid a small amount in 5 days but I highly doubt it.

Anyway, when did you stop, Toothpaste? I read somewhere else your dose was low. Did you taper or just somehow jump off like I did?

I was on it for 2.5 years. I taper down from 90mg to 10mg over the course of about 8-12 months, and I jumped off at 10mg because I got fed up with the clinic rigamarole bullshit. I got off it like two months ago, and haven't looked back since :)

I was on it for 2.5 years. I taper down from 90mg to 10mg over the course of about 8-12 months, and I jumped off at 10mg because I got fed up with the clinic rigamarole bullshit. I got off it like two months ago, and haven't looked back since :)
AWESOME FOR YOU!!! Great job:)!! I never mentioned this but my pain management doctor (still never even called him and do not feel I can cause he has my oxy script ready to go upon arrival) wanted to put me on methadone for my pain saying it's safer. Yet I was only prescribed 20 mgs per day oxys (he didn't know about the rest, of course).....I declined but I don't quite understand his logic.

The ONLY thing that may make sense is that most who take oxysome need their doses upped (something he said he'd never do) so maybe he figured he'd give me a mega low dose of methadone so that I never got addicted to the oxys.Little did he know....

It didn't really create a natural high but when I got clean I sort of got a buzz from doing nice things for people, going out my way to help others. I think it was because at the height of my crack/heroin adiction I did some really shitty things and it made a refreshing change to do something nice.

It didn't really create a natural high but when I got clean I sort of got a buzz from doing nice things for people, going out my way to help others. I think it was because at the height of my crack/heroin adiction I did some really shitty things and it made a refreshing change to do something nice.
I'm so glad to hear from you again, Soso. I felt AWFUL when my phone spellchecked what was meant as a response to you which was, "I so much respect people who can do it!"....instead what was written was, "I sometimes respect people who can do it!"....and didn't notice til hours later:(.

Anyway, I too, find pleasure in helping others or just being friendly. But right now? I'm a bit weak cause (you said you don'the have much experience about oxys) but they made me a SUPER SWEET woman. The high experience for me while using them was I felt great, had tons of confidence and tons of energy. And I never had to spend a penny to feel that way.

As for heroin and crack I've never tried either of them but I'm sure they can steal your soul just as the oxys did to me. I was a fake, a facade of a walking shell. They covered my pain physically and emotionally. Just the same as any other drug will. You're just never "you" and then you forget who you once were.....if that makes any sense.

Again, I'm happy you are clean!!:) And doing nice things for others to make up for the "shitty" things you did in the past? That's a magnificent thing:)
Much love <3

That's a good description, "your never really you and forget who you once were"
I had zero emotions for years but when I was getting off methadone I remember crying over a comercial about a lost puppy ffs lol
If your lacking energy have you tried electrolyte drinks? Google the Thomas recipe. I'd give a link to it but I'm a complete computard.
Lack of sleep you could try valerian root capsules to help you sleep and if you got RLS then magnesium is supposed to really help. For me hot baths soothed the aches.
Your frame of mind is the key to everything though. Stay positive and you be ok.

That's a good description, "your never really you and forget who you once were"
I had zero emotions for years but when I was getting off methadone I remember crying over a comercial about a lost puppy ffs lol
If your lacking energy have you tried electrolyte drinks? Google the Thomas recipe. I'd give a link to it but I'm a complete computard.
Lack of sleep you could try valerian root capsules to help you sleep and if you got RLS then magnesium is supposed to really help. For me hot baths soothed the aches.
Your frame of mind is the key to everything though. Stay positive and you be ok.
I'm ALMOST "out of the woods" with any physical symptoms. Just severe (as in I wake drenched) sweating while sleeping and hot/cold flashes. Right now it's all emotional. And I SO MUCH get you about the crying. I began thinking of my parents deaths (2009 and 2012) as if it occured yesterday and just cried nonstop for hours and playing sad music to make me cry more. The logic behind my doing that, I really don't know. Maybe cause I could cry and could feel extreme emotions again. Then I became furious and wanted to go after my brother who killed my father and hated everyone and everything. Even a new Jeep I bought last week. I wanted to take it for a ride and smash it into a wall (without injuring myself as I'm not suicidal)...I just so quickly transformed from being sad to anger filled. And that scares me because naturally I'm the type of person who hates even killing a fly if found in my home.

Oh my God and then today? I sell on ebay and I had no one available to drive my sold item to the post office so I HAD to because I always promise shipping within 24 hours. Most people would be THRILLED to make a few extra dollars. Not me. I was frantic when I saw last night I had a sale. Being out, just didn't feel right. Yet while in acute wd's I was going out alot. Some days I feel like everything is going in reverse for me but I'm adamant about remaining clean.

Sorry for the long reply. As I've said numerous times to others we all have outlets. Writing on here defocuses me immensely.

Thanks so very much for your reply and suggestions (I haven't tried electrolytes for energy). I am sleeping though. Just not the way I'd like to (dreams and sweats) and I never got RLS but do have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy so maybe I did and just didn't notice the difference.

Much love <3

Your brother killed your dad??
Wow
YES. And was never charged. This is twisted and sick but I'm much younger then the rest of my siblings. I never really knew any of them besides one that's here in my town. Well, my brother (I refer to him as "it") moved into mt parents home after his wife kicked him out. He gave a bullshit reason as for why.

About a month later he "hit on" me. Late that evening I told my dad (my parents were my 2 best friends) and he was enraged and said, "OH don't you worry, he's OUT!". Came to find out he was molesting his own kids and the kids that belonged to the wife who kicked him out...I'm throwing that in just to say how SICK he is.

The next morning rolls around (and my dad was like a dad to my son then his real dad who at the time I was with) and my son had a ritual of NEEDING to stop by my dad's each day before school. My son was 6 at the time and has Aspergers. That day though my son refused to go to school (Aspergers children can be very difficult). So I called my dad so that he wasn't standing outside in the snow waiting for us. He always was...precisely at 745...he'd come out, salute my son (my dad served 35 years in the army and taught my son all about it), come to my car, kiss him and wish him a good day.

Anyway, upon calling "it" answered on the 1st ring saying my dad was sleeping. Immediatedly I was like that's impossible. Military 35 years? My dad was up by 5am everyday of the week. Stupidly I just thought that he wasn't giving my dad the phone and went to go back to bed figuring later I'd go over (we did so daily for at least 5 hours per day) and my brother would be gone for good.

Not so. 30 minutes later my ex husband screamed up to me that I needed to get up to my parents house and that my dad fell down the steps and wasn't breathing. I flew probably 100 mph and he was being brought out on a stretcher, paramedics doing CPR. I then just ran and ran FAST, SCREAMING AND CRYING fell to the ground in the snow. A kind person came outside of their home and asked me what was wrong. I just knew and said my brother killed my father. The next I knew my brother was walking up the street saying "it was an accident". An accident my ass. He was being kicked out, that's all there was to it.

In the upcoming weeks I learned many things. One being that before my dad was even pronounced dead my brother went next door to a neighbors home and said if they heard all the commotion that he and my dad had an argument and my dad fell down the steps and snapped his neck and died instantly. Cause of death on death certificate? Not a broken neck. He had no broken bones. It was a heart attack.

Then my brother (oh God, "IT") began sending me constant emails. Threatening ones. I went to the police but it was word against word.

I'm also positive he did it the night I left because when I saw my dad dead in the hospital he had the same clothes on as the night before, shoes and was FREEZING (when someone passes away, they never get as cold as my father was within an hour.

So it wasn't a shooting or a stabbing and maybe someone young could've endured the argument and fall but my dad did not.

I will FOREVER HATE "it" because "it" destroyed my life and my son's. Since then I've always had an addiction of some sort now that I think about it and not necessarily drugs since I have little drug experience.

Just writing this, sickened me and made me cry all over again as if it just happened yesterday. But it's things such as this that are flooding my emotions. The mere thought that he lives in my same state sickens me.

I don't know how the fuck he got away with the child molestation (I failed to mention he raped one of my sisters cause he felt it was OK since she was adopted) or with pushing my dad to his death but the mother f'er now has remarried, has a beautiful home and from what I heard says he's the happiest he's ever been. Hmm, perhaps because "its" molesting children or raping women. People like "it" need to be locked up and have the key thrown away.

Sorry for the vent. I even saw a therapist about this for a few months after it occured but it didn't help. Not one bit. My dad was overall healthy (just not young). It was my mom who was the sickly one. So in December 2011, I quit my job as a nurse temporarily and took care of her day and night watching her die a slow, agonizing death. She passed away in July of 2012.

I don't know what to say, that's heartbreaking.
I can't imagine how it feels to have a brother like that. I got a real deep hatred for rapists and paedophiles, I know everyone has but Im talking about another level of hatred. Hopefully someone will put a stop to him, one way or another.
You've been through so much I respect you even more for quiting, it would be easy to bury all that hurt with drugs.

I don't know what to say, that's heartbreaking.
I can't imagine how it feels to have a brother like that. I got a real deep hatred for rapists and paedophiles, I know everyone has but Im talking about another level of hatred. Hopefully someone will put a stop to him, one way or another.
You've been through so much I respect you even more for quiting, it would be easy to bury all that hurt with drugs.
Any then the piece of shit comes to the funeral. I'll never forget that day also. I made a cd for the viewing of all his favorite songs (country) and played it softly. When the end of the viewing came, I wouldn't get away from him. I just layed my head on his chest crying and refusing to move. That's not when I shockingly began drugs though. It was after my mom passed away that I did. After 6 months on hospice, mostly laying, weighing around 60 pounds but still trying to be cheerful....she started shaking and saying to please hold her tight and then went into a coma for 8 days. I can still hear it....the sound of the oxygen cause I never, ever left the room.

I then went on a brief period of heavy drinking but then I found something I loved more and gave up the drinking. And my life now is no better in many ways but I have to do this for me.

I know you said you tried counsellling and it didn't work but it might be worth trying again. Maybe if your clean and a bit of time has passed since all these terible things happened you might get more out of counselling or therapy than in the past.
Do you have friends/family or partner to talk to?