• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe helping precipitated withdrawal

Thanks Cruel, but the thing is-bupe doesn't work any more-I feel tired and exhausted all the time. Even if I take 16mgs, I still don't feel right. If this is the feeling I am going to have from now on-I don't need it any more

SWIM used to use on Subs and was never hit with withdrawal, got little weird high that lasted typically a day and thats it

Hello. My name is james. I would like to shed some light on the whole precipitated withdrawals issue. I have only expirienced this once. It lasted no more than a hour. I am currently on suboxone and it has done wonders for me. While waiting untill i got my prescription for suboxone i was jonsin and decided to look for some other pills heroin etc. i found some cheap methadone took about 50-70mgs a day for four days. the only reason i needed these was because i ran out of subs a few days early bcuz i had to sell ten to pay a bill. anyways i stopped for 64 hours b4 i took methadone. i was in moderate withdrawal and railed two 8mg suboxone. i immediately went into very precipitated withdrawal. i was so pissed i wondered did i not wait long enuf? well i took another 4mg. i felt better in a bout a hr. but felt a little weird all day. the next day i took another 2 8mg tabs and felt fine. There is a little time as the subs are pushing the other dope off your receptors and the subs waiting to fill the openings where u expirience a condensed very severe withdrawl. Now even for a minute every time i take my subs if i took any other sort of dope i expirience this rapid withdrawal as the opiods are leaving my receptors and the bupe is waiting to come in. usually it is chills and hot flashes, hair standing straight up, sweating etc. IT goes away as soon as the bupe starts filling the receptors. Now for everyone saying the naloxone is causing this they are WRONG. Unless you try to shoot it up even if u sniff it or take it under the tounge only a very trace amount activates. Therefore it is not the naloxone. Also people saying do not take more suboxone is WRONG! DURING THE INDUCTION PHASE SOME PATIENTS NEED UP TO 32 MG OF SUB TO TAKE THE WITHDRAWAL AWAY. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TAKING ANY MORE OR SOME SERIOUS BREATHING PROBLEMS ARE POSSIBLE. TAKING MORE BUP PUSHES THE OPIODS OFF THE RECEPTORS AND FILLS THEM. YES U MAY EXPRIEINCE PRECIPATED WD'S FOR A FEW HRS BUT U WILL SOON FEEL BETTER. THANKS. NE ONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT [email protected]. USE SAFE AND SWITCH TO BUPE. WONDER DRUG.

Even tho a post is old the fact that it's incorrect information is still potentially damaging. This junkie is obviously ignorant of the facts and lacks any medical training or background. The precipitated withdrawal are 100% from the naloxone /narcan in the suboxone. I know this from a biological standpoint and because bupe is an opiod agonist. Any user knows that they can use subutex directly after taking opiates if they want. It's stupid but you won't go into withdrawal because it doesn't have naloxone in it. Naloxone in the suboxone is what causes the withdrawal, anyone who says anything different has no idea what they are talking about, you can never trust anecdotal evidence of a junkie.

Even tho a post is old the fact that it's incorrect information is still potentially damaging. This junkie is obviously ignorant of the facts and lacks any medical training or background. The precipitated withdrawal are 100% from the naloxone /narcan in the suboxone. I know this from a biological standpoint and because bupe is an opiod agonist. Any user knows that they can use subutex directly after taking opiates if they want. It's stupid but you won't go into withdrawal because it doesn't have naloxone in it. Naloxone in the suboxone is what causes the withdrawal, anyone who says anything different has no idea what they are talking about, you can never trust anecdotal evidence of a junkie.
You're joking, right?
Buprenorphine is a partial agonist and it's the reason for precipitated withdrawal, not the naloxone

Yea keifer is right. This has been debated ad nauseum on this forum for years but the people with real experience with bupe know what's up.

The nalaxone is irrelevant because bupe out competes it at the receptor sites. Subutex can throw you into precipitated withdrawals just the same as suboxone. I speak from knowledge and first hand experience. Been thru precip. Withdrawal close to 50 times of varying severity in my life. On subutex and suboxone.

Ironic how they lambasted the other guy for being a junkie who didn't have their facts straight abd then they go spread false bullshit..

The way to fix p/w is to take more suboxone, they say 2mg-4mg per hr until u feel better n it is the truth, it works like I know i need to take 3-5 8mg sub to feel better if I go into p/w

Help my cat ran out of her oxycodone 5mg twice a day. She is coming of butt as patch 7.5 and new doctor is giving here the oxy bc her insurance won't pay for patches. 10mgs a day isn't enough. I told her I didn't want to take the patches anymore and I don't know what to do especially since she is new doctor for me. Do I call the doctor???

Ran out of oxy while trying to ween of 7.5 patches that my insurance won't pay for.

Have new doctor I'm sick I'm out of my meds she was weening me off 7.5 buttons patch with two 5mgs oxycodone a day. It I overtook bc it was working at such a low dose. What do I do should I call the doctor I have seen her only one time?

Call her and be honest, they are usually pretty understanding , with the new laws maybe not...can u find a friend that can help till next visit?

Ive been reading these life stories for a week...total bs. My horse and I love to party, b4 we go to bed we take an 1/8th sub, get up the next day, do smack, oxys whatever we choose!!! Get a grio, answer peoples questions not 2mg at 8 then I took this..who cares!! Do as I say, you'll feel totally fine, key is DO NOT ever let sub out of your system!! Then your free to go away, work, can't find anything your free..also take breaks and store clean pee in the freezer with just your sub!!

Welcome to bluelight, we don't use SWIM, my horse etc. so please edit your post

^ Pwd won't occur again unless you dosed a full agonist to combat pwd..

very sick

^ Pwd won't occur again unless you dosed a full agonist to combat pwd..

Hi,
I'm pretty sick right now so please bare with me. I've been on methadone for ten yrs 60 mgs a day. Some days did more, some less. My clinic got closed by DEA. I live up in a rural area no methadone clinics close. Closest one 3.5 hrs away. I had no choice but to start suboxone. Went in patient to detox they started me on it with a couple shots. told them I felt sick right after first shot but was better in about an hour or so. They gave me another one same thing. Doctor sent me home today with 2 8 mg strips under my tongue & a script. It's sat. and pharmacy wont process it until they get authorization from Medicaid. Since I took those 2 strips I am in full blown withdrawal. I will probably get script on Monday. I don't want to go back to in patient jail without any comforts of home. NO WAY MAN!! I have two 10mg methadone tablets. My question is should I take them or just try and wait it out. Or should I try and score some subs? Any help would be great. I just don't want to make w/d last longer or make it worse, but I don't think that's possible.

Last edited:
I'm having a little trouble understanding your time line but if you've already gone through 2 or 3 days of bupe only, the worst of the precipitated wd is probably over. In a few days at most you're going to feelolutely normal. If I were you I'd plan on not doing much of anything for about 2 more days and just ride it out. While I've switched from extremely heavy opiate doses to bupe in the past I've eased some of the pw with small opiate doses. Never tried it with methadone. The best advice would be to flush those 2 pills and wait it out but I certainly understand the urge to take them to feel better. Also, I would read up on proper bupe dosing. The less is more theory rings true for me. Try taking a quarter of your dose next time and see how you feel. Nothing to loose as you can always take more if it doesn't work for you.

Switching from methadone to buprenorphine can be tricky since methadone has a very long half-life like buprenorphine does. So it's hard to tell when it is time to make the switch. I found it easiest to switch to a short acting opiate agonist like heroin or oxycodone for a week after stopping methadone, then wait 24 hours then slowly start the buprenorphine.

Like others have mentioned, methadone has a very long half life in regards to how long you have to wait to take your subs. 48 hours usually, but could be longer for certain people. I wouldn't put yourself through that again by taking 20 mg of meth just to feel temporarily better, just to have to wait another 48+ hours to take your next sub dose. I'm sure I'm a little late w my response, but maybe this helps for next time.