• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe helping precipitated withdrawal

I have gone into precipitated withdrawal as long as 60 hours after my last dose. I'm freezing yet sweating like crazy. It's a terrible experience. I used to be able to use Suboxone every 8 hours after oxycodone. Once I switched to dope (fentanyl mixed with whatever is on the street), suboxone simply didn't work for my withdrawals. I've heard the strips are better than the pills. It's a blessing in disguise. Suboxone was always my safety net. Once that safety net was no longer an option, sobriety seemed a lot more appealing.

Last edited:
So I've taken Suboxone plenty of times after oxycodone and never felt pws but recently after getting off dope I experienced them. My fiancee also went through it. He started using dope again and is back on Suboxone. He's deathly afraid of getting hit by the pws. He took a 1/4 of a sub 14 hours after his last shoot of h and didn't feel any better or worse. He took 1/4 more about an hour later than another 1/4 a half hour after that. He's starting to really feel shitty. He's not shittingbir puking just jumping out of his skin. He's afraid he's going into pws and doesn't want to take more sub. I believe if he was going into pws he would've been hit by them with the first 1/4 of sub and he's just feeling so shitty because he was doing a bundle of really good dope everyday and now he's only taken 3/4 of a sub so he's just feeling dope sick and not the pws. Can anyone help me out here? Should he take more sub or could he be just going into pws 2 hours after he first took sub?

I certainly wouldn't risk it. If 3/4 of a sub makes him feel shitty then he is almost certainly in percipitated withdrawal. I believe the best indicator of when to take suboxone is when your pupils return to normal. That is when you know the drug is out of your system. Works for me at least.

I don't know why I haven't mentioned this in my previous posts, but taking note of the quality of the dope you're using also helps in guaging when you're good to take bupe.

Just today I am coming off a minor dope habit. Less than .3g per day. Yesterday afternoon I was going thru some WDs, and a friend stopped by and gave me a small shot of maybe some low-medium quality dope at 3:45pm. It gave me that very small rush, and pulled me out of WD.

An hour later or so another friend came and got me, and we went and wound up getting some REALLY crap quality dope. I did 3 GIANT shots of this dope, and felt hardly anything til the 3rd one. These shots were like .15g in size. I felt something for like a half hour, and a small nod while laying on the couch, then it vanished. That last shot was around 7:30pm.

I knew I was going to wind up in WD earlier than usual because of the quality of that dope I did, and the amount of that stuff I did with the other friend was pretty minute. Last night I had a hard time sleeping, I woke up at about 7am already feeling WD. Me having experienced PWD many, many times in the past was very , very hesitant to start with the sub only 12 hours after the last shot of that garbage dope we got.

So I hold out til noon, which was about an hour ago, I went ahead and IV'd about .5mg of the sub. I did NOT get thrown into PWD, I did experience a slight bit of anxiety while I felt the bupe coarsing thru my veins. But that vanished and I started feeling a bit of relief. So now I know I can do the other .5mg of that piece I took off the strip with no PWD issues.

So yeah, knowing that the amount and the quality of the dope I did yesterday means a lot. Now if I did .35g of some medium quality shit even last night, I would have to definitely wait at least 24 hours to go on with sub, prolly more like 36 hours. So yeah, knowing how much and the quality of my shit made me not worry and I did the sub after 16-17 hours of last use with no problem. If the stuff was better quality it would be a different story.

Hope this helps someone. PWD SUX BAD. Any questions about it feel free to message me.

X2 about the pupil size test. I have found that whenever I'm about to induct sub, asking my girl how big my pupils are is my best bet. Idk what I'd do without my little bundle of cuteness telling me they're still small as fuck.... I've never gone into PWD when I've guaged the size of my pupils right. Seems like even a small amount in my system will personally cause meiosis.

X3 pupil size if they are no longer pinned out and like nickels in normal day lighting , 9/10 you're go to go. That's like one of the first things I always make sure of is if my pupils are big.

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on here, though I have been utilizing bluelight for many many years. I am in recovery and have been on 16mg suboxone for a little over a year. My journey has not been perfect but has for the most part has gotten better overall. That being said, 4 days ago I did not take my subs with the intention of using. I did this for the next four days, about 5 decent bags a day, until this morning around 1 am when I did my last one. I have read so much information about PW's and how to avoid them, but still feel very unsure of how having a suboxone addiction plays into this. I have heard from several folks on here that if your main addiction is bupe and you have only been using a full agonist for a brief amount of time while not taking the bupe, you can return to it much sooner than if you were starting subs for the first time. Can anyone offer and advice on this? I'm sorry if I had posted in the wrong forum or someone has already answered this. I haven't had any luck getting a straight forward answer and feel very alone right now. :( It has been about 12 hours since my last use. Any pointers on where to go from here? Should I return to my full 16mg at one time? Or split it up? I could really use any advice... Thanks guys!

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on here, though I have been utilizing bluelight for many many years. I am in recovery and have been on 16mg suboxone for a little over a year. My journey has not been perfect but has for the most part has gotten better overall. That being said, 4 days ago I did not take my subs with the intention of using. I did this for the next four days, about 5 decent bags a day, until this morning around 1 am when I did my last one. I have read so much information about PW's and how to avoid them, but still feel very unsure of how having a suboxone addiction plays into this. I have heard from several folks on here that if your main addiction is bupe and you have only been using a full agonist for a brief amount of time while not taking the bupe, you can return to it much sooner than if you were starting subs for the first time. Can anyone offer and advice on this? I'm sorry if I had posted in the wrong forum or someone has already answered this. I haven't had any luck getting a straight forward answer and feel very alone right now. :( It has been about 12 hours since my last use. Any pointers on where to go from here? Should I return to my full 16mg at one time? Or split it up? I could really use any advice... Thanks guys!

Generally, whenever I use opiods within 24 hours and bupe is still in my system, I'm good to do more bupe. However, 5 days is a whole nother story. You should wait until you're feeling sick and your pupils return to a larger size to RE-INDUCT your sub. Start at 0.5mg and do it 3-4x over a 3-4hour period to avoid precipitated withdrawal. Forget you've ever done bupe before: after 5 days you're starting over from ground zero. Generally, after 48-72hrs I always treat subs like I'm re inducting.

Thank you so much for the quick response, I took your advice and waited until I was definitely sick and I'm so glad that I did because even then the first hour or so after I seemed to experience what felt like mild PW's. Thank you again, that would have been really shitty had I not waited.

PW from taking Suboxone too soon should really only last about 15-30 minutes because by that time you are getting the bupe high in place of the leftover heroin on the receptors

if you IV suboxone with heroin still in your system you are basically hitting yourself with Narcan for 15 minutes until the Bupe starts working. Worst idea ever. Shooting suboxone is one of the few things dumber than shooting heroin

source: my impatient, dumb ass

I am new so be kind guys!!i just was reading everyone's stories about PWD and I just had this experience on Saturday that's what brought me on the thread! I'm on methadone maintenance now I used to be on suboxone last year and I was in a car wreck and started hurting to bad and needed pain meds agains so I was on Oxycodone and a shitload of it so I knew my body and when I would run short on my percs I knew how to dose myself at the right time and PWD was never an issue!! I heard of it but thought it couldn't be as bad as everyone was saying and was surely an exaggeration!!well I became so tolerant to the oxycodone I went on Methadone now I'm on 60 mg as of today's visit but up until then I was on about 30 mg! I ran out because I had to reschedule with my doc so I waited twenty four hours and I had some subutex I got from a friend thinking I would try it just the way I did with the oxycodone!! I usually start aching with diarrhea and sweating then take a quarter sub and I'm fine after the second quarter NO sign of ANY PWD!! So I waited 24 hours for up a little clammy feeling shitty so I thought I'd start up with my sub and not start feeling shitty at work later so under the tongue it went and about ten minutes later my nose went to running and I went to sweating so I took another piece of the sub and BOOM!!i felt sweat pouring out of my body like I've never experienced I was puking and diarrhea everywhere pissing on myself!!!i felt like my bones were ice I've never been that cold!!the pain OMG I was crying and shaking having one hell of a panic attack!!if I had a gun I would have blew my brains out!!!my husband came back there and almost called 911 but I told him what happened and it was just bad ass WDs and it would pass! He was so scared! If there is a hell this is it!!i took about five baths I had to just lay in my bed naked I was soaking down everything from the sweat! This went on three hours! I passed out somehow and don't know how because of everything I was going through. I woke up about 9:30 I had taken the sub about 9 that morning! My phone was ringing and it was a friend who had some Lortabs so I managed to get to him and I put four down my throat now the sub was working and I didn't feel loaded off the tabs bit the shitty feeling left and I got up the next morning and took three more lortabs and I was ok enough to go to work unlike the day before!!bit it took me two days to get my mind right after that and I'm not saying any of this to discourage anyone to use subs because they have saved so many of my friends!! I just want to clear up that people who say PWD isn't bad is full or crap and didn't get it and it's not a 15 minute or hour experience!!! I've never messed with H but I think that's what the withdrawals from it must be like and as far as to answer any questions as to will someone go into PWD is an individual situation. It depends on your body and metabolism and the timing when you induct! My advice to anyone would be to get the COWS scale and not dose until you are at least a 26 on it! And I now know Methadone and detox is a whole new ball game and I will never miss an appointment or be careless and ever run out again!! Good Luck everyone and I think I will just stick to my dones cause that's what is working for me!!

I have experienced several different P/W's. One time it lasted from 9:30 PM until the next day when I shot the fetty dope at like 2 P.M. It seems that subs don't work for people who are on a run with the white fetty dope.

How this goes is this.. Depending how much you did the previous day is going to matter when you do your sub.
If you did a ton last night, WAIT 24+ HOURS!

Hell, as I am typing this .. I went into a small P/W .. It's going away right now and I am starting to feel good again.. (thank god, I truly get scared).
I did a shot last night at 12:30 AM .. And did a Suboxone at about 9:45 tonight .. And I just sat through some cold chills/muscle aches pretty damn badly.

It's hard guys, but .. WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE IN FULL BLOWN WITHDRAWAL. This is an OLD thread, 7+ years but the problem with heroin got worse.

Precipitated Withdrawal

Wow I just read thru this whole forum. I am still sick in pw as i type. Btw if this doesn't make sense or my grammar is all messed up, I'm sry but I'm just not able right now.
I've been on methadone for 9 years and I stopped at 75mg this past Monday. I took oc60s(2) a day along with a shitload of 30mg morphine pills everyday and felt totally fine, not high but fine. After taking the OCs on Friday morning, at about 10 pm I took a half(4mg) of a sub strip. I can't explain what a hell it was cuz words just cannot justify. This is some risky business don't do it. Just don't. Imagine the worst u have been sick and multiply by 1000 omg. I'm feeling just a smidgen better today, Sunday at 5:00pm. Two sleepless, restless, on-the-edge-of-sanity nights and days. I feel better now that I smoked a bowl of white widow but damn it's still bad. I have to gather strength to just get up and walk anywhere in the house or yard. I've put my family thru hell I kno. I took halves and quarters of suboxone since(about 5subs total) since I got sick.

What gives? My question is, when will this end? If it's not going to end anytime soon I'm gonna try to go find somethin(for the first time in 9years) before the nighttime comes cuz I will blow my brains out going thru another night of this. I realize I probably won't get a really quick reply but hopefully this, with the other posts on this forum, will help someone. Reading thru this forum atleast made me not feel so alone and that's something for sure.
My Ohio town has had an epidemic here lately especially of overdoses overdoses and more from this heroin laced with shit and it worries me, although it won't stop me at this point. We were on the news just this past week in Detroit cuz the er actually ran out of narcan. Makes me kinda want to go back to the clinic but shit all this for nothing? Would suck.

Thx

Feel so sorry for you guys and Gals getting that Fent crap in your dope. I recently tried some Heroin (In Australia) and watched a couple of old Vets get their lean on, I took twice what they did and felt nothing....I know it was good as in Oz if you know what your doing you should be able to find some nice asian or golden triangle dopw, No heat, water hits it, it dissolves, you shoot and *poof* you're happy but....my whole Opiate addiction consists of 80mg Oxycodone IR formula grade and I can take half gram hits and just feel a little warmer so my tolerance is embarrassing but Fent is the last thing we would find in our shit, either glucose or in my experience just less of a good thing.

Methadone is my pain manager these days along with Ativan and Valium.....and for special occasions those Oxy IR 80's by Sandoz which thanks to 'Done my lolly has dropped I can actually get relief on 120mg's of pharma Oxy so if I seek out that dope again $100 should smack me rather than the $25 that made the 2 vets I know smile.....Bastards!!!!! But my heart goes out to you guys and gals getting Fent... "Oh Yes!" to "Oh No!" in 20mins max and lets face it, a habit needs legs.

Hell

Man I broke down and did fa shot of h. . I have ptsd but I'm back in reality not wanting to blow my brains out. Since Friday evening man. Trying to convince myself this isn't reality so I could just do it and get it over with. Thankfully I kept myself at bay lol. I've been on methadone and I think that is the lesson here. I got too many problems to be dealing with this shit. The clinic is too far away to get a first shift job in my area after relocating it's kinda hard so I'm trying to get on with my life but damn.

I wanna say take it from me and that I hope maybe this helps someone but in reality, some ppl are gonna have to learn for themselves. Stuff like this just isn't talked about enough. I felt horrible. I can still smell the shit that's been comin thru my skin in ice cold sweat bullets. PTSD is all I got to say.
I had my daughter the whole time which in not complaint about and luckily I had help a lot of help.

Just being totally honest here: for the sake of hell idk my heads still fucked in pieces and my soul is scared. I'm sure I'll snap out of it.

Thanks to most posts I've read(although some ppl don't know what they are talking about) a lot do but don't take just any advice; do more research. Read through the whole post if u have too like i did. And more.

Ok I will say this. Taking more suboxone to get out of the pws didn't work for me(coming off a 9 year methadone run; 110 for first 3 years and 75-90 for the rest. 75 when I stopped on Monday.

Getting stoned after u do a strong enough opiate helped me so much(in my situation)I think maybe time too. Yeah time, that's a funny thing at 3 in the morning as a crazed lunatic who can't lay still. It's good to be back to reality.

Blind Melon - Hell
Blind Melon - change
Just do it

Last edited:
Heh... im sure its been stated in this thread a few times, by both me and other folks that when wanting to switch from methadone to bupe, it is wise to switch to a short acting full agonist like oxycodone or hydrocodone, or even heroin for a week first , THEN wait about 24-36 hours and go ahead with the bupe.

Its methadones long ass halflife that makes the switch from methadone to bupe hard because you start to feel withdrawal hit quite some time before methadone actually completely vacates your receptors. Thats why the precipitated withdrawal from methadone is so brutal and long lasting *cringes*.

The best thing to do when hit with PWD is just ride it out. Taking more and mass quantities of bupe is pointless, the bupe is already inside you doing what it does. Sometimes when i am hit with PWD the bupe can completely over take the receptors and i actually start to feel the relief kicking in after an hour or so, which i think means that there was still some lingering opiates attached, but not enough that the bupe couldnt over take and do its job. On the other hand, if i happen to take the bupe way too early, its going to be an all day affair of going thru an intense PWD, then dealing with quite a few hours of lingering WD symptoms. Usually just the sweating and the restlessness, which i deal with by taking other meds like gabapentin, clonidine, and a benzo for sleep. Then usually once the next day pulls around, i am usually 100% good to try inducting bupe again, and it will fo its job well.

Using another opiate will indeed take you out of the PWD, though most of it will still be deflected, since believe it or not the bupe actually does attach to receptors even though PWD did occur, but you didnt stay sick or without anything attached for them long enough for them to be satisfied with being only partially activated. (bupe is a partial agonist) But when those receptors are completely cleared and all of them unactivated, is when bupe can do it's job best because the receptors will be satisfied with only being partially activated instead of screaming to be fully activated. (Why you dont feel high, but normalish, after inducting bupe when dependent on a full agonist)

Hope i explained that right. I saw you mentioned Ohio Dave8787, Cleveland here born and raised, and yes the epidemic has hit this state harder than any state in the nation. Lots of people dying and lots of them being close friends. Mainly due to nobody knowing what's in their dope, and being uneducated about it. Tragic man....

Heh... im sure its been stated in this thread a few times, by both me and other folks that when wanting to switch from methadone to bupe, it is wise to switch to a short acting full agonist like oxycodone or hydrocodone, or even heroin for a week first , THEN wait about 24-36 hours and go ahead with the bupe.

Its methadones long ass halflife that makes the switch from methadone to bupe hard because you start to feel withdrawal hit quite some time before methadone actually completely vacates your receptors. Thats why the precipitated withdrawal from methadone is so brutal and long lasting *cringes*.

No fucking lie! When I was pretty methadone naive, the first clinic I went to bumped me to 160mgs in like 2 or 3 weeks and they kept me at that dose for about 8 months. Then some shit happened and I couldn't pay for it anymore cause it was $80 a week and I was a broke ass junkie so I ended up going to a detox facility and I was young enough that I was on my parent's insurance, so the insurance pretty much paid more almost all of it and my parents along with and someone that worked there were able to save a bed for me that normally would have gone to another person for a few days so I went to detox the FIRST DAY I didn't get my methadone.

I had HEARD of Buprenorphine, but I didn't know about precipitated WD's. Well, the detox facility decided to give me 12mgs Buprenorphine the very first day I didn't have 160mgs of methadone in 8 months straight (I've had other clinics SORTA ween me down very rapidly when I got kicked out or couldn't pay, but I didn't do that with this one). That was the worst fucking pain I'd ever felt in my entire life. It was insane. Even thinking about it hurts right now... If you take methadone, seriously wait until your having pretty bad WD's before you take Bupe... Fuuuuck that shit.

IF you DO go into precipitated withdrawals, I'd go straight for the benzos. They'd always help with my withdrawals. They do help with precipitated withdrawals.