• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

H Withdrawal Soon/Chronic Pain & Health Problems/We Can Do It!

Thanks man I really appreciate this because I feel the exact same way about it. There is so much wrong with my life, that I need to get in line ASAP. So, like a 3 month detox or whatever is simply out of the question.

That being said, I decided to take 48 hours off of opiates entirely before continuing to taper. I need to lower my tolerance a little bit, since I keep running low. It's going to assimilate with my taper plan nicely I think. I'm at hour 9? Anyways, I feel like shit. I'm going to continue my taper in two days, at half the dose I'm presently taking, but I'm going to stay at that dose for a very long time without dropping (it will be half a point each day, of fine dope). I won't be far off from switching back to oxy if I keep that up, but I have the opportunity to be home alone for the next two days and I really just want to wait out the sickness. It's going to help don't you think? Anyways, I think it will. I'm sick of using such high doses for little effect. I will go crazy if I wait too long and fiend once I re-up, but for now, I can handle two days.

I am SO fed up that it is unstoppable. I will quit. Any advice/encouragement is appreciated but not required. I simply will not use the way that I used to. I will not go on subs or methadone. My habit is pretty damn small and I got this. I really do. I just have to want to quit and fuck do I ever. If I ever make it back to life, REAL LIFE again I will appreciate every damn moment whether I'm craving whatever I don't care I just don't want to be a depressed zombie like this the anhedonia destroys my spirit. And I always had a nice spirit. It takes 10 days to return normally. I cannot spend days as a zombie in withdrawal anymore. No matter how much I get done, no matter how productive I am when I have the drugs... when I don't have them my life gets put on hold. That is a MAJOR DISADVANTAGE. I am NOT. WILLING. So yeah I freak out in withdrawal but two days should be a piece of cake after the recent 5 days, and how I've generally been good with 12 hours dosing and in withdrawal half the time anyway. The symptoms are way down I can absolutely tell. These two days, if I take care of myself and go for walks and eat healthy, will do wonders for my recovery but I'll be heading straight back to tapering. I know my body and fuck am I going to need a hit at that point.

Last edited:
This was by the far the best part about my tapering experience. It gave me enough time to get the rest of my ducks in a row before I made the jump to an opioid-free lifestyle.

That was the best part for me being on methodone... I was not getting high by any means from the methadone, also not doing my drug of choice... so while I was on methodone I was able to get my life in order and learn how to function as a "normal" person not using drugs to get high or at all... this was made so much easier by not being in withdrawal and having cravings severely diminished.... I worked on myself the entire time I tapered and didnt touch a "recreational" drug the entire time...then when I learned to live like this during my taper I was able to make the switch to opiate and matinance free. When the switch was made the cravings and want for the drugs was a tiny tiny fraction of what it once was during active addiction, or when i would just cold turkey it.... This was because of the matinance program and how I worked it. It helped me more than I even realized it would... I wasn't craving during my time on methodone or during the taper off of it, and was never sick.... so that allowed me to learn to live life without the use of drugs... then I transitioned into an opiate free (including methadone) lifestyle... it helped so much by working through one half of the addiction and recovery at a time rather than all at once... which for me was always a relapse waiting to happen.

And shroomy just keep focused and don't lose sight of what your trying to do and never waver... hope it all works out for you..

Thank you dude. i really appreciate how hard you are trying to get me to see the light. I know I have not always been receptive but honestly I am now. I am going to keep fighting. I have always been a fighter at heart, anyways, there is a lot I need to fix about my life and since I am doing a slow and steady taper, there will be a lot of time to fix those things in the meantime. It's really obvious why I use to me.

So I am having to do at least two days cold turkey. I am so used to it by now, that I'm not sure how bothered I will be. It's been 14 hours and it isn't too bad yet. I'm taking a lot of etizolam and baclofen which is normally what I do under these circumstances. I am extremely restless. I don't really think I vomit, dry heave, or shit myself anymore. I think that was when my withdrawal was worse before I started tapering but I might be wrong. I slept all afternoon and the baclofen will probably knock me out for tonight. Then it will be just another wasted day.

I'm also making sure to eat healthy though, drink tea, and stay hydrated. With all this sleep, and with healthy eating, I think two days without opiates might do me well. My muscles need a break from the yoga anyway and I can proceed hopefully Monday. Then, I will get back to tapering and dosing every 12 hours. Working on the things that make me use to begin with because there are many more than back pain. The 12 hour dosing has been working out really well but unfortunately I ran out again. I had to pay an enormous cell phone bill for making a mistake so I couldn't afford my dope but I'm getting enough together for a gram.

Please wish me luck getting few the couple days of cold turkey withdrawal. It's not how I like to quit, it's too much for me. I'm trying not to freak out and I believe that dosing every 12 hours has strengthened me recently. I'm already used to battling cravings, and I've taken so many beatings of cold turkey these past two months, that I feel like it doesn't really bother me so much any more. The reason I taper is because of reducing the post-acute syndrome, while getting my life together during recovery. I certainly have no problem getting through acute withdrawals. That isn't the issue here... it's a horror show after the first few weeks, and I need to work on the things that make me use. There are a lot of them. A lot. Pain is just one thing and the reason I started using this particular drug.

Also this is for AnnaBanana - I can't tell you enough how well 12 hour dosing suits me. It's how I tapered my oxy's last year. I started dosing every 6 hours, then went to 12 when I had stabilized. I can't say how it would work for you because everyone is different - for some people cold turkey is the only way but that fucks my head up, and is just no way to go for me. Hitting every 12 hours gives me a few hours of being high (aka, functional - being able to work on my other problems), followed by several hours of severe cravings that I need to endure and learn how to remain functional and deal with. After around two weeks I get stable and I don't even really get withdrawal anymore in between dosing. Anyways I am definitely making progress and I know what I need to do to succeed. I'm trying my best not to let these cold turkey days fuck with me to the point that I feel the need for too much relief afterwards. It's just a couple of days of dope sick. I'm used to it by now but it's still rough.

Last edited:
Man, I feel for you, but hang in there. The phone thing sucks, but like you said, you gotta have your phone.

You said you you were going to try to eat and drink healthy these two days; lots of people give that recommendation, but I can't ever eat or drink anything when I'm withdrawing. It's so bad, and I know I should, and sometimes I can force a banana down. Someone recommended bananas highly, I think because of the high level of potassium? But good luck! We're sending you good vibes! We'll all get there eventually; just the fact that we're all trying so hard shows progress.

How is everyone else?

yep, bananas are good stuff because of the potassium. It is an electrolyte that I think can help with withdrawals. For muscle aches I'd personally recommend both Turmeric root and Pineapple.
For sleep I'd recommend Valerian tea or capsules.
For depression 5-htp or L-tryptophan.
Magnesium supplementation is awesome, its a muscle relaxer too. Think it's in buckwheat.
Baclofen in high doses is a really awesome withdrawal med to take.
Not sure what else to recommend but def chamomile...

I still need a hit of heroin for fucks sake. There, I am done complaining. Hope everyone is well.

Just popping in here & I see that I just can't join in, ye are all so close & I feel like I would be intruding so I don't want to be rude. I wish ye all the best, & A BETTER WAY, wherever you are hun, you seem to be getting quieter in your thread for some reason, please PM me asap, I need someone to build me up badly.

I've been reading this thread since it started & feel like I know ye all so much but it's yer thread/discussion, not my place to just butt in.

Love Rachel :)

Even if you're not tapering, we'd like to hear how you're doing. What do you need support for? If we can help, we'll try!

Yeah I'm tdemanding not you.
cold turkey this, needles that, every fuk off, self medication whatever haha
So feel free to talk freely if it isn't something you'd like to keep private

I am actually trying to taper from that evil shit, I'm down to half a bag a day from 3 bags & boy is it hard, it's the anxiety/severe cravings that are killing me more then physical symptoms, I'm doing it 10 months but I just can't believe that it has this effect on me after only that length of time. It's such a lonely habit & I detest myself for ever starting it.

I smoke it.
What is helping me with withdrawal is chewing on fent patches & dosing 600-800mg lyrica on the days that I have no smoke. I'm even paranoid to say the name of the drug as the father of my children is signed in to my google account & I hope that he doesn't go through the history. I'll be fucked for good. The stuff I'm getting is fucking crap lately, E20.00 a bag & it sizzles out after a few lines :(
I need to get off this shit fast guys. I'm standing on the edge of a massive cliff & I'm just about stopping myself from falling down it.
What helps ye with withdrawals when ye have none? I'm prescribed xanax, ativan & lyrica, I had a massive benzo habit before which destroyed my relationship of 10 years with the man that I love, the father of my kids. I destroyed that poor man. God, I'm so fucking sorry fpr what I done to him, I deserve to be dead, I live just by the river, it's so tempting again but the tide is out.
When I threw myself in a few weeks ago, the tide was only half out & I was pulled out too fast, wrapped up in tinfoil (the irony of it!) & whipped straight out to hospital.
Guys, I really don't know where to start here, I'm lost, what do ye want to know about me? Please, please help :(

Rachel :(

We are here to help people that's the bottom line... it's an evil drug that trys to claim everyone it touches... I have struggled with addiction to herion for 10+ years and to this day struggle... I try and try to stay clean but it's hard, I know this over and over again... but it's for the best... I am no saint by any means anywhere, far farrr from it..... but know one thing and that's what has helped me in the past to clean up... the staying clean is where I struggle really hard, and I know once past the withdrawal it's not as easy said than done, even thoughyou made it past the hard withdrawals..., but it's actually easier to stay clean than to keep using....

I know one thing forsure if you stop swimming against the current, then current will claim you...all we can do is try to fight the addiction, and use every tool available to try to achieve sucess....

It's about truly wanting it, if you don't want it yet then you will have a rough time, and better work on wanting to be clean...

Share your struggles here, many may be able to help

You should examine the irony of that because to me there seems to be some pretty serious fate stuff going on there. You are being given another chance.

What so you tapered that fast? 3 bags to half a bag in ten months? Yeah... when I taper off oxy's last year the acute withdrawal wasn't too too bad (just a massive near-month long shit kicking)... but it was 2 or 3 months later that I started getting panic attacks that 20mg xanax would even touch. I had insomnia to the point I was staying up for 5 days I seriously went insane I don't even know if I've been the same since... my sanity def took a hit... and here I am back on heroin trying to get back to oxy's.

So, if you taper too quickly bad shit can happen but maybe you are self medicating and that's who you are without heroin because that doesn't seem like too short a taper if you did it over ten months.

I'm tapering with the same shit. I scale out 40mg H to take twice a day (so about a bag of raw a day... but mine is very good. Very very good, I have become extremely hooked since finding this connect and I've had it for a year... I'd almost rather have shitty dope but then I... yeah. Get really fuckin high.

I mess up sometimes though. I was running out and I knew if I shot my doses over the weekend it would last until I get more. So, I shot it (second time I succeeded) on Friday and got high off three times less for a few hours longer. Woke up, did the exact same thing, blood wouldn't draw I freaked out knowing I was looking at 2 days sick time and sniffed the rest in frustration. None of us are saints lol.

But, I just booked a trip to see friends. I won't be able to score there. I am going for a nice week and I will NOT run out of dope while I am there so I am sticking to my sniffing taper when I fix up tomorrow. 40mg every 12 hours and even that is really pushing it and can't go on for much longer... it needs to be around 25mg so I am doing half a bag of raw afghan #4 a day.

Are you still feeling like you want to hurt yourself? I guess that is what I want to know about you because I can relate.

So yeah... second day cold turkey wasn't too too bad. I haven't vomited yet so that's a plus. I've been tapering and going through cold turkey periods so my tolerance is really lowering.

What helps when I'm out? Well, I've been out soooo frequently lately it sucks but my tolerance is way down. Any benzo, the more the better. Baclofen (or another muscle relaxer) - the more the better, quality vitamins (B complex, magnesium, potassium... really can't hurt ya), keeping hydrated, Valerian (a herbal thingy) helps me sleep, and melatonin also helps me sleep. Keeping a meditative state of mind and remember that you will get high again and it will be great is what keeps me going, not dwelling on the future when I get that hit but trying to accept the present moment of fucking bone rattling hell. I'm good at dealing with cravings now but it's hard to describe... like, you have to just let them pass you by without affecting you. Don't get stuck in the cravings, just know that they will pass and chill out. Do something mellow that relaxes you.

These past two days of cold turkey really haven't been that bad but I sure as hell don't want to go through a third.

I don't think they were saying they tapered over 10 months, I think they ment they have used for 10 month period....

To me a taper on herion has no reason to last more than a few weeks or a month at max... there is no reason to taper longer, as it is a very short acting and short half life drug... the key thing about tapers is prepping to come off it completely so that you don't have huge horrible withdrawals from it... I don't think your going to achieve a no withdrawal situation with tapering on herion...so it's about trying to minimize the withdrawal you do feel when you come off of it. ..and that is capable of happening in a very short amount of time...these reasons are why longer methodone treatment and long tapers can be so effective... it's a long half life with no decernable high..

The biggest thing is doing what works for you... and doing what ever it takes to stop using all the time... preferably never using again

Okay, but I did that last year. I tapered from 200mg oxy down to 30mg in 3 months. I suffered for the first few weeks and then I started feeling great. Then I got hit with extreme panic attacks and insomnia. Like, panic attacks 20mg xanax would not touch, and normally I take an order of magnitude less xanax to deal with those. I was really freaking out and I relapsed hard. I believe this was post acute withdrawal.

I felt like I took it too fast. My dose cuts were around 50%, and it took a long time (more than a week) to stabilize. I think I was fucking with my brain chemistry too much and I was never really out of withdrawal because of the steep dose cuts. I wasn't ever functional during this period. I completely wasted last autumn, only to relapse. So that didn't work for me, and cold turkey works even worse.

So, this time I am taking it slow. 5 or 10% dose cuts per week. Shouldn't this decrease those post-acute withdrawals that fucking destroyed me? And also, shouldn't this give me more time to get my life together before I'm ready to completely quit?

10% a week is generally what is recommended, but it can be difficult to taper short acting full agonist below a point (I would imagine 30mg is in that area).

I'd suggest finding something to replace the oxycodone with at some point, whether it be tramadol, codeine or buprenorphine. Just using one of those to detox (discontinuing the oxycodone and taking one of those for 10 days or so instead) would actually make a lot of sense. If you're only taking 30mg now, that is a manageable dose to detox from using one of those kinds of thing (actually kratom might be just fine).

I'm not taking 30mg now, not even close. That was what I got down to last year but I couldn't handle the post-acute symptoms.

I think that I will do 10% this time until I get to 30mg and than switch to buprenorphine for a quick taper.

What dose are you currently taking? And regarding your taper plans, remember that ultimately you should do what feels right to you and your body.

I am going to switch to oxy as soon as possible. I should be getting my script soon and I will be fine to take 80mg/day.

Presently I'm doing a small line of H every 12 hours, but I know I need to make the switch, and soon.

I am really determined to stop but every time I go into cold turkey withdrawal I do something really stupid, like shoot up the last of my H which has happened twice so far this year and twice too much, or abuse benzos. If I do a fast taper, then I have horrid post-acute withdrawal symptoms. I'm determined to get off the stuff but I need to take it easy.

I do great when I have my H or oxy around though and I have a good stock of it now. I should be good to taper over the next month so long as I'm not stupid with my meds. I'm doing the recommended 10%, anything more is too much for me and I start fucking up in other ways. There is a lot of progress to be made with the opiates I have on hand and so far I'm doing okay.

Where is a better way at? She hasn't posted in 10 days. Kind of concerning. Sorry to butt in, but I just spent like 3 hours reading through this whole thread, wanting to see what's happening in the present and she be gone... Anyone pm her? Was her shitty husband off work all last week? She was in day 4 wd's last we heard unless I missed something.

I'm still alive. Please guys pray for me. I'm sick. The doctors aren't familiar withmygenetic c sand to aarrogant to hear me. TThey were killing me literally. Hope you are all well. Xo

Just popping in here & I see that I just can't join in, ye are all so close & I feel like I would be intruding so I don't want to be rude. I wish ye all the best, & A BETTER WAY, wherever you are hun, you seem to be getting quieter in your thread for some reason, please PM me asap, I need someone to build me up badly.

I've been reading this thread since it started & feel like I know ye all so much but it's yer thread/discussion, not my place to just butt in.

Love Rachel :)
You aren't butting in. I've been in hospital. Please take care of yourself. I'm so glad to hear from you Xoxo