• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

H Withdrawal Soon/Chronic Pain & Health Problems/We Can Do It!

Hey 25+ year methadone addiction that ive been off for 5 years now anyway i was wondering if anyone else here has stayed clean for a few years and then tried going back to opiates but the milder form such as codeine and had any success? I want to try to use them for my crooked pelvis pain.

Jesssssssseee- wrong thread bro. You need some help quitting this is your thread. You need help starting back up, not your thread.

Hi Sasha,
Thank you for the encouragement!
ABW thank for the PM. Your mailbox is full. I could not reply. I am sending healing thoughts your way. XO

Trevor, WAY TO GO!!! So psyched for you. Keep it up!

ABW, that is so scary. I hope you have some quiet time to process. I also hope you heal quickly.

Sasha, I am exactly where you are! I had my second interview today, and I need to reduce an switch meds before I start the job (if I get it), but I don'thave a supplier...because that would be awesome. If I get the job, it starts July 1, and at this rate, I'm going to run short that week. My next appointment is on July 6, and I refill on the 7th. Ugh. So tired of this. And this time I stuck with a dosing schedule, but I cut my pills in halves, and they never cut in half, and I wind up taking more than a half each time, and then two smaller halves some times. So I'm not hugely short, but will be short. And I was planning on reducing now, but I have to be normal while I interview. I can cut next week. Keeping my fingers crossed. Keeping them crossed for you, too!

long time no see!
decided to take a bit of a tolerance break with the opiates, did really quick 4 days sub taper and i nearly had a full two weeks clean which was cool
but you know how it is, hard to keep it going all the time. so i bought two grams of B yesterday and i'n back on the horse (pun intended ahahha)

hows everyone been anyway?

Man I smoked weed today and it made me want to get clean. I smoked a lot of kief from my grinder after nearly a year break and got rocked by the herb. Being an opiate user I still find being stoned can be extreme intense.

Seemed the everywhere I looked, the habit was staring back at me. I really want to quit since I got stoned after nearly a year break and coudn't hide the truth from myself anymore. I'd like to taper with H as I have trust issues or I'd help. I trust myself though when I feel this seriously about something. I disposed of all my iv related equipment when I was stoned as well, so that will never happen again. I don't have the means to do it. Now I will be sticking with my taper and hopefully getting some more weed. When I tried it iv, made me feel violated in a way. I didn't like it, so I got rid of all my supplies. I think I have the right mindset now because I had a vision of my life without it. Now that I am only capable of sniffing my H I am happy. I really don't want to get into that.

Wow guys!! This thread rules, I'm sooooooo feeling the love here!!! It's good to be back here guys, I just couldn't bring myself to post the last few weeks, full of self loathing....
Anyone been at that stage? It totally sucks so bad, living in Ireland I've never heard of subs until I discovered BL back in '12, tapering is going just ok, getting my script tomorrow so happy days.
For me, the worse withdrawal part is the rotten anxiety/restlessness/lack of motivation/sweats, gosh, what about everyone else?
My lease on my apt is up next April, I'm dreading it, I can't afford a months deposit &a months rent in advance for a new place, see, there I'm off again, I suffer from horrible General Anxiety Disorder, man, that and fibromyalgia is pretty tough to get by on, the weight is dropping off me & I haven't had a period in over a year due to sheer stress.
Ok guys, I gotta get some sleep, ABW, thinking of you dearly, my sweet friend, actually, thinking of ye all guys, I'll be back later on today.
Night all xxx peace & love xxx
Rachel :)

The worst part for me is my depression coming back. Ignoring priorities. Being unable to enjoy life and not doing anything. Also, the absolute worse for me is knowing that I am throwing my potential away.

I felt violated when I shot up myself, 4 doses in a row last week, and I never want to do that again so I disposed of my supplies. It was horrible, when I was stoned I could feel where I had shot up and I still have the tracks.

I'll stick with sniffinf, I'm getting my dope tomorrow and visiting some friends so things are looking up. I am crying tonight though/

I needed the advice not to do it (shoot up) coupled with the experience. I didn't like it. I strongly prefer the high from insufflation. Strongly. It's a way better high for someone like me who is not looking for a rush.

Sorry you have fibromyalgia. I have chronic pain and it's hell. I also have a lot of panic attacks. I take a lot of benzos and other muscle relaxers when I don't have opiates. I really hope I score tomorrow because otherwise I''m cancelling my trip and it will be really really good for me to see these particular people and trip out with them.

Hi Guys !
I am on day 21 ........i feel so anxious and want to use oxy! Ugh! I am trying to get through this! . I do not want to go backwards ........i went through detox for a week, w low doses of subs, then one week locked up for observation, etc. Now I am on my first week of intensive outpatient therapy. I am taking 200 mg seroquel for sleep. ( I get about 4 to 6 hrs) vistaril 3 xs a day for anxiety, lexapro 10 mg for anxiety and robaxin for a muscle relaxer 2 xs a day.
Please God give me strength to get through this

Hi Guys !
I am on day 21 ........i feel so anxious and want to use oxy! Ugh! I am trying to get through this! . I do not want to go backwards ........i went through detox for a week, w low doses of subs, then one week locked up for observation, etc. Now I am on my first week of intensive outpatient therapy. I am taking 200 mg seroquel for sleep. ( I get about 4 to 6 hrs) vistaril 3 xs a day for anxiety, lexapro 10 mg for anxiety and robaxin for a muscle relaxer 2 xs a day.
Please God give me strength to get through this

Trevor! Ugh you do NOT wanna go backwards.... I mean, I know you do, but dont. I'm in that place where the pills kinda rule my life-- how many do I have per day? Is it enough to get through my first week at my new job? How long will I be out? Did I bring enough pills? How can I stretch them to last longer? And on and on until I've ruined hours of my day. You don't miss that, right? Or when u don't really get high, just "well" but not real pleasure from it. Of course if u slip, we will allbevhere to support you, but trust me, don't go back to pills ruling your life. I'm sure you think about them often, but it's got a purpose- to get better. Stick with it. Every day is a day closer to feeling more like the real you! You've got this, hon. It's sure not worth the risk of getting back on them.

i know everything I said is easier said than done... I just wanted to throw that stuff out there. I know you can do it! You're almost at one month! That's so amazing u don't even have any words. ��

So try to hang in there. I know it's hard but being on pills is harder I think.
Oy vey...

ANNABANANA!! lol- I love your name. It always makes me smile... reminds me of a friend back home. Did u hear about the job?
yeah making sure u have enough for a new job is hard. I wish I had more... but I should be grateful
that I have any. So I just have to hold in to them. Which I will. I can't blow through them
or else I'll be in withdrawal my frat week and that CANT happen. Sigh. I can't believe this has happened to me where im
so dependent on these fucking pills.
so what's your pill plan should u get the job?

ok more later- I'm off to get my hair done! Woo hoo!

lots of love to Rachella, ABW, Shroomy, Jekyl, Wring Guy, keeping, gmlifer and everyone else who makes this thread amazing!!!
Have a great Friday!
sasha

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words Sasha. I did not take anything . My anxiety passed after I did a short meditation. XO

You got this, Trevor! So awesome that you've made it this far. I'm tapering now, to make sure I make it to the end of the month. I'm using 2 a day instead of 4. It makes me really want to cut down overall. I would so love to be done with the pills.

I just found out that I didn't get the job. While disappointing, I'm really psyched because they picked this crazy qualified person; she's going to rock! So I don't need to stress, I can make the switch back to oxycodone and have my summer off! My pain was getting worse, but I'm having an injection in 1 1/2 weeks, so that will help. And seriously, this happens often; I'm running low, so I use less meds, and I notice less pain. I know that's a real thing.

i hope everyone is having a restful weekend!

The worst part for me is my depression coming back. Ignoring priorities. Being unable to enjoy life and not doing anything. Also, the absolute worse for me is knowing that I am throwing my potential away.

I felt violated when I shot up myself, 4 doses in a row last week, and I never want to do that again so I disposed of my supplies. It was horrible, when I was stoned I could feel where I had shot up and I still have the tracks.

I'll stick with sniffinf, I'm getting my dope tomorrow and visiting some friends so things are looking up. I am crying tonight though/

I needed the advice not to do it (shoot up) coupled with the experience. I didn't like it. I strongly prefer the high from insufflation. Strongly. It's a way better high for someone like me who is not looking for a rush.

Sorry you have fibromyalgia. I have chronic pain and it's hell. I also have a lot of panic attacks. I take a lot of benzos and other muscle relaxers when I don't have opiates. I really hope I score tomorrow because otherwise I''m cancelling my trip and it will be really really good for me to see these particular people and trip out with them.

hey Shroomy mate - clear out your inbox i cant send you a message!

Hello everyone and hope you are all doing well... hope all your goals are being met or within sight... I'm pulling for everyone here..

I have a topic we could talk about and possibly work through together... if this is a bad place than I apologize but I feel this is something we all must understand completely to have a good chance of recovery...

So I keep hearing PAWS thrown around alot... for you guys what are the difficult paws symptoms... are we talking just the hard mental craving that you get after quitting and getting past the physical withdrawal? For me that's the only thing I really run into, never had much more than that, of course this can cause a sort of depression in and of itself... but that's just you wanting to be and get high again... nothing to much more in my opinion...we are all hard wired addicts and that wiring takes some real work to un-wire... it's hard...

This is why the advice of no relationship for a long while until late into recovery
and be completely stable with yourself is really good advice. When i say you i mean us addicts...You need to work on the relationship you have with yourself before taking on anything else.. and we all know the relationship we have with ourselves has been very destructive and very unhealthy... so really the only relationship you should work on during early recovery is the relationship you have with yourself and your innerself...

But when you guys speak of or think of paws what exactly are you talking about for your personal experience

i just done 2 weeks detox off h using pregabalin,lyrica and had min w/ds just aches,fibro...very suprised..its not hard with meds like lyrica,valium etc

I'm trying hard to use a small amount each day. Messed up on the weekend and feeling the withdrawal harder.

Withdrawal has never been worse. I'm really trying hard this time. I started smoking weed again, something I reserve for serious relapse attempts. I am going through hell trying to make myself at least not so physically dependent on this stuff. I really hope I can do it this time because I know when I am serious about it, and I presently am.

Last edited:
I hope everyone's doing ok today!

AnnaBanana- I'm sorry u didn't get the job but it sounds like maybe it's the right thing for now so you can focus on some other important stuff. :) its cheesy to say, but some times things happen for a reason.

Shroomy!! Hellllllo! :) im so proud of you. Stick with it, hon. You're so on the right path. I know you'll get there. I'll pm you sometimes this week/weekend when I have more time but please don't give up. It's so very hard but in a few weeks you'll be feeling so much better... I know it feels like forever away, but it'll be here before you know it. Keep on kicking ass!!

WrongGuy- howdy! So for me, it's the depression, the anxiety and easy crying, not being able to sleep through the night despite all the meds (like, a lot) that I take to try and counter it, and a restlessness/ tightness in my arms and legs that is very uncomfortable. And my pain spikes. And I have no energy...
when I'm off meds for 2 or 2.5 weeks those symptoms still linger. Not as bad as the first 3-5 days but they still very much interfere w my life and make it so hard for me to enjoy my clean time. Are there really people out there who, after the first week, truly feel
like themselves without lingering symptoms?
Anywsy i I assume what u listed is PAWS?
good idea with your post! I've had questions about that for a while.
I hope you're doing well.

ABW! You ok? Are you feeling any better since what happened a week
or so ago? When you have time, let us know you're ok and how you're doing in general? I'm sending you good vibes. I know you've been through the wringer.

Ok off to work. New job is good so far.
happy Wed everyone!
sasha