• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Golf Golf Thread

watching scottish open @neversickanymore ?

i was lucky enough to get to play that venue - the renaissance club - last time i was home.

golfscorecard05.png

it's a great place to get in shape for the open.

alasdair

Id love to play in the magical world on no penalties

Looks like its mostly covered by PGA Tour Live. Needed to resign up for ESPN+ anyway for upcoming NFL so thats loaded back up. Watching starting now.

no penalties is tough.

when i look back at my good and bad rounds, 2 metrics stand out; penalties; and gir

i think it comes down to course management. if i get in trouble and try to hit an incredible golf shot to save the par, i usually just end up with a double bogey or worse. i've learned the hard way that it's better to, after a poor shot, take my medicine and play for the bogey.

alasdair

i think you mean the open championship

:)

i have £10 on shane lowry to win it at 33/1

alasdair

Quality open.. players were owning that hard course. Its amazing to see those greens.. putting from god knows where blind

Hey folks. I have a question: I've skipped 2 months of golf training sessions. How much time do I need to be back in shape? What do you think? I guess my father will kill me when he finds out I've missed 2 months. I'd like to apologize to him in advance. That's why I should choose one of these Golf Drivers. Could you help me, please? I'd be really grateful for your suggestions, folks. Tbh, my father is a real fan of the drivers. I hope he's gonna like the present. Thanks in advance. Best wishes to you all.

Last edited:
started my last round birdie, birdie. shit the bed on the back 9 :)

ryder cup is great so far - euros absolutely creaming the u.s.

alasdair

what up golfers. i just got done watching the final round of the masters. i love that tournament.

i played this morning and had a great round - shot a 78.

golfscorecard06.png

i am still struggling to give myself birdie chances as my gir stat is absolutely terrible. but my driving is fixed and i'm hitting from the fairway on my 2nd shot most of the time now.

i've been slicing/fading the ball off the tee almost my entire life. i've straightened out my driving - which is great - but now i have another issue i am struggling with. because i'm a career slicer, i tend to set up left and it feels very, very strange to me to set up straight. so now my problem is no longer that i miss right - i'm still set up a little left and i am crushing it straight and getting in trouble on the left.

the double bogey on 9 today was typical of that. here's the hole - as ever, i'm set up at the left edge and hit it so straight it hit the left downslope and kicked in to the hazard.

genoaranchno9.png

alasdair

had another great round yesterday.

i'm hitting fairways but still struggling with gir.

my goal for a round is 30 putts or fewer so really happy with 28 (average 1.55 per hole).

golfscorecard07.png

alasdair