Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gold Coast - BDO: Sun 23rd Jan - REVIEWS

Pop Popavich

Bluelighter
Gold Coast BDO: Sun 23rd Jan

Well there is a thread for all the other Big Days Out, but still not one for the Gold Coast one, so I guess I'll start one.

Official Site

I'm going to be flying up north for this and the ensuing debauchery that will be Maxfest. So all up I'll be in the area from the 21st-26th Jan, and wouldn't mind catching up with some northern BLers while I'm there.

So... who else is going to this? What are your "must-see" acts? Where are you planning on kicking on afterwoods?

When starting a thread we ask that you include the relevant links but also to put up the info required to start the thread in the beginning. threads with no details will be shut. ive included all the info in my post below for thos interested and amended the title to include venue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Venue: Gold Coast
Sunday January 23rd 2005
GOLD COAST PARKLANDS
Smith St Southport

Info:
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE NO PASSOUTS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME FROM THIS VENUE

Gates open 11am

GOLD COAST BIG DAY OUT – SUN JAN 23RD - PARKLANDS

Tickets:
TICKETEK
Outlets & phonecharge
131 931 (OR 07 3404 6700)

ROCKINGHORSE RECORDS
245 Albert St
Brisbane Qld 4000
Ph 07 3229 5360

SKINNYS
85 Elizabeth St.
Brisbane Qld 4000
Ph 07 3229 2389

BUTTER BEATS
709 Ann Street
Fortitude Valley Qld 4006
Ph 07 3257 3257

WOODY'S MUSIC (LOGAN)
Shop 61 Logan Central Plaza
Woodridge Qld 4114
Ph 07 3208 0252

SUNFLOWER (OASIS)
Shop 62 Oasis Shop Centre
Broadbeach Qld 4218
Ph 07 5526 7600

SUNFLOWER (PACIFIC FAIR)
Shop 13 Pacific Fair
Broadbeach Qld 4218
Ph 07 5538 1850

PINES MUSIC STATION
Shop 45 The Pines Shopping Centre
Elanora Qld 4221
Ph 07 5534 2159

ATLANTIS MUSIC
76 A Scarborough St
Southport Qld 4215
Ph 07 5527 1816

MOSH PIT MUSIC
35B Duporth Avenue
Maroochydore Qld 4558
Ph07 5479 2777

SOUNDWAVES
58 Jonson Street
Byron Bay NSW 2481
Ph 02 6685 6762

ABC CENTER BALLINA
85 River St
Ballina NSW 2478
Ph 02 6686 2436

IN BOX CAFÉ
118 Abbott Street
Cains Qld 4870
Ph 07 4041 4677

PARKLANDS GOLD COAST
Cnr Smith St & Parklands Drive
Southport QLD 4215
Ph 07 5591 6477

Note:
Accommodation packages and public trnasport details avaiable on Big Day Out Site.

Line Up:
Full tour
Artists appearing at all shows

BEASTIE BOYS
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
CHEMICAL BROTHERS
THE MUSIC
THE STREETS
SLIPKNOT
CARL COX
POWDERFINGER
GRINSPOON
JOHN BUTLER TRIO
CONCORD DAWN
THE DONNAS
THE D4
BLUES EXPLOSION
REGURGITATOR
SCRIBE and P MONEY
FREESTYLERS
LE TIGRE
KID 606
DECEPTIKONZ
ATMOSPHERE
HATEBREED

Limited tour
Artists appearing at selected shows

THE HIVES (NZ and East Coast Only)
POLYPHONIC SPREE (NZ and East Coast Only)
SPIDERBAIT (AUS Only)
LEEROY (East Coast Only)
HILLTOP HOODS (Aus Only)
ESKIMO JOE (Aus Only)
INFUSION (Aus only)
BUTTERFINGERS (Aus Only)
LITTLE BIRDY (Aus only)
DALLAS CRANE (Aus Only)
SPAZZYS (East Coast only)
WOLFMOTHER (AUS Only)
DECODER RING (Aus Only)
BEXTA (Aus Only)
THE MESS HALL (AUS Only)
FRENZAL RHOMB (AUS Only)
DJ JONATHAN WALL (AUS Only)
MONEY MARK (NZ and East Coast)
DIGITAL PRIMATE (East Coast Only)
KID KOALA (NZ and East Coast)
RISE AGAINST (NZ and East Coast)
RJD2 (NZ and East Coast)
EVERMORE (NZ and East Coast)
CUT COPY (East Coast only)

....sideshow alley....
Large Hot Pipe Organ (Sydney only)
CAUAC (Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne)
CRUSTY DEMONS FMX DEMO

Thanks for that *starfalls69*, I'm not used to starting threads, just normally posting my 2c.

Keystroke: I just broke the news to my liver and it ran off wimpering.... I'll bring you some of Pop's Patented Home Distilled Scumble to try while I'm up there ;)

this has just sold out, If anyone has a ticket, PM me...

otherwise I'll just grab one on the day

i'll be there and i can't wait.

keystroke, i'll see what i can do about getting you a ticket, how much are you willing to spend?

the streets, beastie boys, money mark and the polyphonic spree are absolute definates for me. other than that ther are plenty i want to see, but i'm not going to kill people over it.

I'll just grab a ticket on the day astrosmurf!

as usual, there's always people trying to offload tickets at the gates

me too!!!!! very excited can't wait would be very cool to meet some of you peoples!!! :)

and on that note I think I will be keen to party on afterwards but have no Idea were too.....

il go back to my apartment and die in the ass after my BDO im asuming but you never do know......

I'm going!!!!

Where on goldie is good to stay as a 2 hour drive south just doesn't seem safe...

considering it's at parklands, the closest suburb would be parkwood or ernest.

but i would think that there will be buses going to southport and into the heart of the goldie.

also, anything along smith street should be easily accessible.

other than that, i can't recomend anywhere in particular to stay.

*anyone more familiar with the gold coast than i please correct me :)

The Royal Pines Resort is where we stayed last year. I did'nt goto BDO myself but my ex did. http://www.royalpines.com.au/

We booked thru wotif.com and got a really good deal for the room, heaps of BDO punters stay there we got told by some of the staff, and they have courtsey busses that take you straight to the BDO bus stops :)

Just back from NZ and now very excited! Pop and myself are staying at Palm medows. A wee way out but it has a large golf course to explore.
Also just a whisper but there is an empty factory 10 min walk from parklands in Ernest where an after party can be arranged at short notice. Any takers? There are showers, toilets etc and no neighbors. Let me know in the next week and all will be taken care of

Oh dear, this is looking mighty messy ;)

Well, seeing as there will be a few BLers in attendacne, I'll suggest a meetup. As cuddlefish and myself will be there working with RaveSafe, I'll nominate the ravesafe area (no idea where that will be as yet, but I'm sure you'll all find it). Just pick a time before you're all too messy, else you'll be setting bad esamples for the kiddies, m'kay?

:)Smiley

Hooray for Mrs & Mr Fish! Any mess is easily hosed away in a factory.After checking the timetable/playlist I am suggesting 1:30pm. Not too early, not too intoxicated.

Mighty messy indeed little Fish. I'll try and be a better example of RaveSafe-dom than my New Years performance may suggest. ;)

Here is the timetable, so everyone can have a bit of a look and plan their day, so we can make sure the meetup doesn't stop people from catching their Must-See acts.
bdotimetable9cr.jpg

Maxload, you know I'm in for the warehouse after-party, as well as any other shenanigans we can come across as part of the long awaited Max-Fest! =D