• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

~Girly thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.
my "girly advice" for the day.

no matter HOW good of an idea it seems-- NEVER try to cut your own hair in between soaking off a set of acrylic nails and frosting cupcakes... so NOT a good idea. hell. just never try to cut your own hair period. unless you have looong hair and a pretty big margin for error.

I personally like the smell of the orange loreal shampoo products. But they are evil because they contain SLS. :D

In terms of repairing breakage, you can't really do anything. You can really only prevent further damage.

What I would do if you always need your hair back is get one of those claw plastic things and put your hair up in a bun/twist and clasp it with that thing. That's what I do. It miminimized breakage alot. Also, sleep with your hair out/loose. I shower at night too and I also experience the morning frizziness galore but I'd rather be frizzy and have to deal with that than have irreparable damage from wearing elastics. :\

The only time I ever wear elastics is in braids and when I go running, cause I HAVE to have my hair securely up then.

I like the darker Jillian. I don't think you should be too afriad of looking more like your mom -- she WAS a beautiful woman like you said -- and isn't it an honour to look like her, resemble her even more? I would think of it that way. <3

The best one that I have found so far is Boscia amino eye cream. It is preservative, fragrance and yucky chemical free. It is great for wrinkles and very non-irritating ( I have sensitive eye skin). Only thing is it doesn't help with my dark circles at all, but then it doesn't claim to lighten. :\

Where do you live? I will see if they sell Boscia in your area.

I know that the flagship bath and body works sell boscia, and there is one in boca raton:

Bath and Body Works Flagship Store
TOWNE CENTER AT BOCA RATON
6000 WEST GLADES ROAD
BOCA RATON, FL 33433
561-368-6774

they now have a version of jessica simpson's dessert beauty stuff at walgreens...it's still somewhat pricey for there ($12-20) but just wanted to let ya know :)

hey! im having a total hair-color crisis and i figured that if anyone would know what to do, it would be you guys!

i colored my hair about 4 days ago, with i think a garnier product. it didnt turn out how i wanted. it doesnt look BAD per se, i just havent been able to get used to it, and im really not diggin it. its a really deep intense auburn, probably about 3-5 shades darker than my natural color...

i want to do something else.. i was hoping for a more eggplanty color... what can i do short of stripping the color out of my hair and going back to a natural color? :(

joannie_mhm said:
KaNdEbUtTaHfLy- have you thought about putting some lighter streaks in it? that might bring in the contrast to the colour you're not used to.
light like blonde? i think ive had enough change lol! but i love the read and blonde look, im just not entirely sure i can pull it off?...

I love the beach hair stuff :) My hair is short and very straight, but after being at the beach it gets this tousled textured bed-hair look that's kinda sexy. Thus, that spray is a staple of mine during the summer. It looks more out of place during the rest of the year, and with dressed up outfits, but I do use it a lot otherwise.

the SPONGE!

so, i went to the jade and pearl website to order the sponges. i got them several months ago, and i love them.

well, after having them for one month i decided to get on depo-provera. i was kinda irritated though, b/c i had just bought this new product that works great, but if i wasn't going to be having a period, well, then- what was the point?!

well, as a lot of people know, new birth control methods kinda fuck up your cycle. so, i've been having break-through bleeding for over a month (which i was told is normal for the shot). but damn...these sponges are GREAT! b/c i'm not bleeding very much, i really don't rinse it out very often. i probably would have gone through 3 boxes of tampons by now. and because they're ALL NATURAL i don't have to worry about t.s.s. and what-have-you. so, when i take a shower, that's when i take it out and rinse it out, and then i put my other one in. they're so easy to disinfect too!

i only have one issue...trying to "get it out" from inside of me. soemtimes i go through two or three yoga postures, but whatever.

oh man...i think the "gross-out" factor is one of the best parts. the look on soemone's face when you tell them is just classic.

anyway, that's my product review of the sea pearls, i highly recommend them.

randycaver said:
Yeah, that's what I'm saying

Red ruined my hair for over a year even after many bleaches that subsequently destroyed my hair :(

:( so the last thing id ever want to hear.... ive had my hair red for a week and a half now and i cant stand it... but i dont wanna trash my haird by repeated bleachings :(

how long would you guys recommend waiting between colorings? i was hoping for a deeper burgundy/eggplanty color, but isntead i got a dark but vibrant auburn, which is more orangey red than i wanted... everyone says it looks great, but i still just cant get used to it enough to actually LIKE it...

id like to try a clor called "tropic" by hydrience, but i dunno if overlapping shades of reds would be the best plan....

Philosophy products to a worthy Bluelight lady...

This might sound silly and some of you may be grossed out by the idea of using hand-me-down skincare products, but I'm completely serious. I spent a lot of money on this stuff and would hate to see it go to waste.

My skin recently went haywire and decided that it does not like Philosophy products anymore. I don't know what happened because I've been using them for a long time and have always loved them. But, I've had to make a switch, which leaves me with a rather large supply of products just taking up space in my bathroom cabinets. So, if you want it, it's all yours. The bottles/jars/whatever have all been opened and most have been used, but everything's more than half full, they're not old, and everything's been kept clean.

What I have:
  • Purity Made Simple
  • The Great Mystery
  • The Greatest Love
  • Hope in a Bottle
  • Hope in a Jar
  • On A Clear Day H202
  • The Great Awakening
  • Shelter sunscreen (unopened)

Try www.philosophy.com if you're not familiar with Philosophy and need product descriptions.

I'll pack it all up and send it to you and all I'd expect in return is reimbursement for the shipping. PM me if you're interested.

Just got some of this:
naturalGlow_l.jpg

It was only like $6 and it's supposed to gradually give you a fake tan...so you don't have the streaks and worry about messing up with the really fast self-tanner stuff....we'll see how it works out :)

Ok, I don't know what the hell is happening to my skin, but whatever change it's going through is going to end up costing me a lot of damn money. I had to go to the doctor today for what turned out to be contact dermititis on my eyelids. So, now, not only does my entire face hate Philosophy, but, apparently, my eyes hate Urban Decay. The doctor advised I go home and throw out everything that I've used for the last week and never use it again, which was the entire contents (save one shade which I never use anyway) of two UD Face Cases. It's hard to say what exactly caused it, especially since nothing I've used is new to me, but since my eyelids are now red, flaky, and burning, I plan to play it safe and just toss them all. So, bye bye X, Polyester Bride, Crash, Grifter, Midnight Cowgirl, and Acid Rain. :( I mean, really, could my skin be any more tempermental right now?

Anyway, the point of this post, besides just to rant, is to ask if anyone has used that Bare Escentuals stuff. I got some new Kiss My Face stuff to replace my Philosophy products for washing, moisturizing, etc. I figure it can't hurt to transition into a more natural skin care regimen, considering the problems I've been having. Maybe that's what I need to do with my cosmetics too.

I've been using the Philosophy Airbrush face powder and I love it. It's light, but gives good, sheer coverage. I'm almost out and they're changing the packaging or something, so I can't get anymore. And I need to get something to replace all my eyeshadows now sitting in the trash can anyway, so I'm placing an order. But, I don't want to go in unaware. So, if anyone has used the Bare Escentuals powder and/or eye shadow/glimmer, it would be great to hear about your experiences.

SigmaSis03....if I were you I wouldn't throw it all out....if you're having a reaction like that there might be a chance your skin is just being momentarily retarded vs. a permanent change. I have super-sensitive skin and from time to time I've had psoriasis breakouts on my arms, itchy rashy hive like things on my chest, and (the best) times when the skin on my eyelids started peeling like after you're sunburnt. After various steroid-based creams or hydrocortisone stuff and changing to non-fragranced stuff on a regular basis I find that I can still use the other stuff on special occasions without having much of an issue. So you could probably use the eyeshadows or lotions, just not on a daily basis.

I'm surprised your derm. didn't tell you to use cetaphil or something very basic on your skin. Not that the kiss my face stuff is bad, but sometimes even the natural ingredients contained in those products can irritate sensitive skin.

Thanks for the advice, fizzygirl. What's strange is I've never had sensitive skin. I've never even been to a dermotologist because I've never had any problems. It was my plain ole PCP that advised me to toss all the eye stuff.

:\

I don't know. I've been thinking a lot about making some changes to my lifestyle, you know, Spring Fever kind of stuff. I stopped eating meat about a year ago. We try to buy as much organic food as we can. And gradually, our home is becoming more natural (cleaning products and such). It just makes sense that I should carry over that same philosophy of 'natural is better' to things I put on my body. Little by little, I guess. I'm definitely open to suggestions.

okay i glanced and i didnt see anything but i'll keep looking.

any of you girls have a good Leave-in conditioner especially since i will be in jamaica next week and the wind/sand/clorine/saltwater/surfing/scuba etc will be killing me.

not to mention i also have streaks so the dye doesn't help.. lol

cheaper the better.. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.