• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

~Girly thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE the colour experte kit by loreal....it's the one with the haircolor *and* the matching highlighting kit with it. I've had nothing but good results, and people are amazed that it's from a box.

:)

If you know anyone with a caruso (or other brand) steam roller set, those are amazing as far as holding power. My hair loses curl so fast with regular hot rollers, but with the steam ones the curls stay for at least a day, generally more.

Which black did you get?

Honestly there are some blacks that scream fake....Unless you are going for that look you don't want things that say "blue black" or "deepest black"....

soft black should be fine...you just don't want a jet black or true black or something like that

yeah, darker hair is way better to maintain and you dont have to worry about horrible dark roots when u have blonde hair!!!!!! im so happy i stopped dying mine blonde... ive not actualy dyed the roots of my hair since about um SEPTEMBER last year. wow. thats amazing for me. (ive dyed the dreads tho, just not the roots and new hair)

ooh...

so, i work in a corporate restaurant and i am somewhat limited with my creative desires. well, for a long time now i have wanted to check out some black hair. i have naturally dark brown hair. well, i did it myself with GARNIER 100% COLOR. the color is "blue-black" and it is awesome. i date the punk rockstar guitarist and my lesbian-folk loving ass has to attempt to look punk at his shows (i even bought a thick black leather cuff!).

anyway, i really like it! and the boyfriend LOVES it! i didn't think it would go over too well with anyone else, but i have gotten SO MANY compliments lately! it in no way looks natural, but it looks really good.
i figured with cooler weather i needed to do something. i have conquered red (whether it be auburn or "angela chase red" from "my so-called life"), i was born with brown, and now i've done black. i guess i'm going platinum for summer. anyway...once i figure how to turn the flash back on my camara, i might post some pics. =)

by the way, i was TERRIFFIED! but, my risk paid off. =)

lol I wanna ask some questions here but I fear being ridiculed hahaha...

NOT THAT I USE ANY OF THIS STUFF...

but when are you supposed to use moisturizer and astringent?

Moisturize after shower/face wash, and astringent in the morning? Give me the low down ladies...so I can tell my friend ;)

isn't the point of moisturizing to replace all the stuff you lost after washing and using the astringent?

mattifying?? see you guys are getting all technical on me now

crystalcallas said:
Yes. And also, some people are predisposed to having dry flaky skin, especially in the colder west climates.
I dont reallly use moisturizer daily since i have oily skin. I use a mattifying moisturizer which is for oily skin and hotter climates.

see, I don't like the one I use because I don't like the way it feels when I sweat(I live in Cali, and we're having a hot spell in the middle of winter. It's been like 85 degrees here during the day lol...SO CAL IS GREAT!) Anyway, I'm assuming I should try one of these mattifier ones? Can anyone recommend some to try? My friends real curious.

Has anyone ever used bare minerals or bare escentuals makeup? I'm getting my mom a set for Christmas, and I've heard good things about it as far as it being good to your skin, but I've never known anyone that had it...

My friend thinks he should by this stuff one at a time or something, so he doesn't look wierd at the store.

NAILS

I like NutraNail maximum nail strengthener -- it is just clear and doesn't damage my nails at all, because it doesn't contain any formaldehyde. AVOID formaldehyde. I also love Barielle nail strenghtener (it's a cream you rub into your nails and cuticles). For polish, I've always been a fan of Revlon -- they have great shades and they last a long time, both in the bottle and on your nails.

LIPS

I only like sheer stuff, not creamy or frosted. Clinique Different lipstick and Aveda lip shine are the best sheers. Burt's Bees' original lip balm is the BEST lip balm ever, hands down -- it's the only stuff that acutally works.

EYES

I just got some Aveda shadow + vitamins eye shadow in tamarind (a dark, cool toned, shimmery brown) which I apply with a little brush to my lash line -- I essentially use it as a liner. I have grey-green eyes and it really opens them up and makes them look blue. I'm thrilled. I also like their cool toned pinkish eye shadows for my lids.

I adore Maybelline great lash mascara, and buy a new bottle every few months. I like dark brown for light eyes, it looks more natural and flattering.

Tweezerman tweezers and Clinique brow powder are essential.

FACIAL SKIN

I don't have a cleanser that I really like; I need to find one -- there are plenty I would like to try but I have an okay cleanser I want to use up first.

I swear by DDF 10% Glycolic Gel with alpha and beta hydroxy acids -- it gets rid of both wrinkles and acne -- of which I have both. It's the only stuff that does both, and I've noticed a dramatic reduction in fine lines since I started using it a week ago (yes, only a week!).

I love Prescriptives Vibrant vitamin infusing lotion -- it is oil free and makes my skin glow like crazy. I look healthier and younger instantly. It's a great base for eye shadow too.

For masks, I find that Bath and Body Works Pure Simplicity pumpkin mask works wonders -- it smooths patches of rough and/or bumpy skin with one application. It smells really yummy too. It's a staff favourite.

BODY SKIN

I only use shower gel/body wash (and only ones without sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate); never soap as it is too drying and also, it makes a tan fade much faster. I like Trader Joe's Refresh citrus body wash. It's really cheap too.

I use generic brand 2% salicylic acid pads on my back, chest, and the back of my arms to get rid of small bumps and acne.

I use vaseline intensive care with aloe for my legs and arms -- it is fast absorbing and a wonderful light but effective moisturizer.

For my hands and feet, I ADORE Ahava advanced hand and foot cream, respectively. This stuff is just amazing! I've never had such soft hand and feet.

HAIR

I will only use Aveda hair dye; I have very very fine, dry hair but also alot of grey, and I can't use box hair dye without significant damage and split ends (which I never got before I dyed my hair). Getting my hair dyed professionally is my one real splurge and one that I will never go without again, because it makes a huge difference for my hair.

I haven't settled on a shampoo or conditioner that I like. I currently use John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette which I do like more than most but I'm still not 100% thrilled with. It's quite good but not amazing, ya know? Not sure what I want to try next, I'm thinking Aveda or Redken stuff for coloured hair.

For styling, I have tried like every de-frizz/smoothing agent that is under 15 dollars and have never been thrilled with them. I like Aveda brilliant spray in the little blue glass bottle and Biolage shine renewal, but they still don't completely get rid of my flyaways and frizz, especially on the top of my head -- this fucking hair up here will NOT stay down and it drives me nuts. BUT I just a week or two ago started putting on Frederic Fekkai's olive oil glossing cream and girls and guys, this shit is AMAZING. It is the only stuff that will get rid of my crap frizz and flyaways COMPLETELY as well as give great shine/texture/smoothness. Plus, it is completely non greasy and non gunky. It is truly miraculous!

FD, I will give that logics stuff a try, I do like matrix products.

chrissie -- Do you wash off the stuff, since it's a cleanser? The stuff I have is a GEL that I leave on, and put my moisturizer over. I think being able to leave it on your skin makes a huge difference.

I have really dry skin generally, but I only apply the gel to problem spots on my face, and I do apply a moisturizer rigth after. And I've been fine. I really suggest a leave on glycolic gel product!

My forehead is perfectly smooth still but I have canyons surrounding my mouth. Funny how different people wrinkle differently.

I just ordered a bunch of aromaleigh.com eyeshadows and blushes, I can't wait for them to show up!

My micas from betweenfriendstoo.com came yesterday, they are nice as well.

You should get the skin firming lotions and gels for your cheeks, the ones that also stimulate collagen production. I can probably suggest some for ya if you want.

I use Natracare tampons, and always-style long pantyliners. Natracare tampons are like tampax, they grow longer not wider. I HATE the ones that grow wider, they hurt to get out!!

After learning about all the scary chemicals in regular tampons, I'll never go back. The vagina is basically a giant mucous membrane so you are just absorbing all those toxic chems. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.