• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CCVII V. Salami, Anal, Nakedness and Beer!

I kid you not its like fucking Afghanistan somedays.....nust the other day i had to put a paper patient report form in a polythene pockes (the computer was broken) as it bad someones brains on it.....car overturned and crushed his head. Ive been doing this 15 years but sometimes you step back and say "what the actual fuck was that"...
That sounds incredibly traumatic.
I've heard that some health workers have a tendency to get a bit complacent about their own mental health.
It must be bloody hard to cope with some of the things you witness and have to deal with in your line of work.
So much respect for what you do.
Sounds like you need to put your own needs first for a while - or do whatever it takes to lift the dark clouds.
Hope the therapy is helpful mate.
If I was gonna go fiending I'd start with the mostly full baggie in my stash : P It's just the standard "you've been up too long" visual weirdness, except this time it was sparkling carpet instead of spontaneous sacred geometry colours on the walls.
yup, sounds like all signs are pointing to "you've done your dash, kiddo!"

...speaking of which, its 2am here - past my bedtime.
Take care of yerselves, EADD folk.

Thinking back to Sprout's questions about the quality of my speed last night, I have to say that, empirically, a 40 mg bomb kept me up all night long and if perhaps not able to write essays, it at least left me firing on all cylinders pun wise. And really, if you had to choose between academic performance and punnery, you'd have to side with shakespeare and choose puns every day of the week.

Thinking back to Sprout's questions about the quality of my speed last night, I have to say that, empirically, a 40 mg bomb kept me up all night long and if perhaps not able to write essays, it at least left me firing on all cylinders pun wise. And really, if you had to choose between academic performance and punnery, you'd have to side with shakespeare and choose puns every day of the week.
I have feeling you and the late Lemmy would have got on well :)

Evening all.

Decided to make a bit of a decision about my drug taking career this weekend. I've decided to move in with someone from running club who has a spare room going, looks like I can save myself about £500 or more a month even taking into consideration some kind of storage facility for most of my furniture. Doing this should mean that I can clear my massive debt consolidation loan a year or two quicker than I planned so it's going to be well worth it in the long run.

As far as I know he doesn't know I take drugs and I'm pretty sure he's not the drug taking type himself. Since I'm only taking mdma or a psych a few times a year now, usually at festivals, and maybe a benzo a couple of times a week, the only thing I'm really going to sacrifice here is my daily weed habit, which I'll freely admit has gotten a bit out of hand again, with the pipe on the bedside table and a toke before I get out of bed every day. I've just finished the last bit of hash I've been whittling away in ever smaller amounts for a week or so in preparation for this decision. Now I have a month until I actually move out, going to try to resist buying any more in that time and then put in one last order at the end of the month just before I move, then try to keep it sealed up til festival season!

What do you reckon the chances of this being remotely successful are? Don't really want to end up sneaking around getting stoned behind a new housemate's back. I'm also smoking weed so frequently right now that I'm not getting any benefit from it, it's just part of normal life. So I feel like it would perhaps be better if I could manage normal life sober and just keep it for treats again. This is going to end up being a complete disaster isn't it? :/

Josh mate if u want to do it youll do it. The human spirit is stronger than you can comprehend.

Good luck bro <3

Good morning freakers and squeakers. Not sure why i keep waking up so early but i am going to go with it. Off to the beach for a coffee and some form of breakfast. Then i shall see what this day has instore for me. My last week of leisure before returning to work. I had better make the most of it.

Josh mate if u want to do it youll do it. The human spirit is stronger than you can comprehend.

Good luck bro <3

Cheers dude. I think it is what I want. I've had a few other long term daily habits over the years (booze, ket, geebee) that I've reluctantly knocked on the head and then been glad of in the long run, so hopefully the same will happen here. For a long time it's all been a substitute for loneliness (or before I was single, a substitute for a functioning relationship heh), so I'm easing that by at least having someone else in the house for a change, even if it's just passing pleasantries occasionally.

I moved into a place for a while last year where my weed smoking was frowned upon.
When i first moved in there, i was smoking a joint every day on my walk to the train station to get to work. Sound familiar? ;)
Really, once i got over the initial restlessness, i didn't miss it at all.
I recently got a half ounce of really nice bud, and have felt no compulsion at all to take up regular (let alone daily) toking again.
It's more fun now, i get way higher with the tolerance break, and am able to use it "medicinally" - to help with my insomnia - rather than need it to get to sleep every night.
A change of environment is the best way to disrupt these kinds of habits IME, and frankly i don't think you're missing much by giving up a daily wake'n'bake style habit.

Which reminds me - its 3:30 am here now, i'm still awake.
Going to go have a vape.

Evening all.

Decided to make a bit of a decision about my drug taking career this weekend. I've decided to move in with someone from running club who has a spare room going, looks like I can save myself about £500 or more a month even taking into consideration some kind of storage facility for most of my furniture. Doing this should mean that I can clear my massive debt consolidation loan a year or two quicker than I planned so it's going to be well worth it in the long run.

As far as I know he doesn't know I take drugs and I'm pretty sure he's not the drug taking type himself. Since I'm only taking mdma or a psych a few times a year now, usually at festivals, and maybe a benzo a couple of times a week, the only thing I'm really going to sacrifice here is my daily weed habit, which I'll freely admit has gotten a bit out of hand again, with the pipe on the bedside table and a toke before I get out of bed every day. I've just finished the last bit of hash I've been whittling away in ever smaller amounts for a week or so in preparation for this decision. Now I have a month until I actually move out, going to try to resist buying any more in that time and then put in one last order at the end of the month just before I move, then try to keep it sealed up til festival season!

What do you reckon the chances of this being remotely successful are? Don't really want to end up sneaking around getting stoned behind a new housemate's back. I'm also smoking weed so frequently right now that I'm not getting any benefit from it, it's just part of normal life. So I feel like it would perhaps be better if I could manage normal life sober and just keep it for treats again. This is going to end up being a complete disaster isn't it? :/

I think the biggest potential risk of giving up weed when you obviously don't really want to is that you might start drinking more instead, especially if your housemate is a Norman normal. When i've got no other drugs (which happens far too frequently these days for my liking), my booze intake increases significantly. Do you really need to stop completely? There's always a way of sneaking a cheeky spliff, especially with hash as the smell doesn't linger like weed. I'd be hanging out my bedroom window every night :)

It'll do you good to cut down though - especially with the morning tokes - I get absolutely hammered from 1 spliff these days now that I'm not a regular smoker (on the downside, I can neck a bottle of vodka and still walk in a straight line...)

I moved into a place for a while last year where my weed smoking was frowned upon.
When i first moved in there, i was smoking a joint every day on my walk to the train station to get to work. Sound familiar? ;)
I recently got a half ounce of really nice bud, and have felt no compulsion at all to take up regular (let alone daily) toking again.
It's more fun now, i get way higher with the tolerance break, and am able to use it "medicinally" - to help with my insomnia - rather than need it to get to sleep every night.
A change of environment is the best way to disrupt these kinds of habits IME, and frankly i don't think you're missing much by giving up a daily wake'n'bake style habit.

Going to go have a vape.
Suns just coming up here. It will be heading your way soon brother.

Maybe you spilled speed all over it?
(Kidding, dont go getting any carpet-fiending ideas!)

And you might be right about naked flames with ethanol - an electric stovetop element would maybe be safer than gas - but i used to make hash oil with isopropyl all the time, and cook off the excess liquid that way; never had a problem.
Just used a pyrex dish on a big pot of boiling water, didnt take too long.

Not sure if the flammability of ethanol fumes is much different to iso?
I used a big pot anyway, so the pyrex dish was a good 25-30cm away from the flame.

It should never, ever be forgotten that static discharge from electrical appliances can and will ignite solvent fumes.
A few electrons leaking and the room becomes a furnace.

Just stick to a solid air current and wait those few hours longer if you aren't fully prepared for an explosion.
If benzo's are in the equation then just don't fucking do it.

Damn, that's true mr consumer.
Good thing i'm all but unemployed currently.

(brb, vaping)

Edit -
It should never, ever be forgotten that static discharge from electrical appliances can and will ignite solvent fumes.
A few electrons leaking and the room becomes a furnace.

Just stick to a solid air current and wait those few hours longer if you aren't fully prepared for an explosion.
If benzo's are in the equation then just don't fucking do it.

Oh yeah, i forgot that heat could degrade or alter the benzos...
Seems i've been a bit reckless with my hash oil cook-offs in the past.
Oh well, i'm strictly for bud these daze.

Going to go have a vape.

Yeah that sounds about right. Since I'm not too keen on the idea of ordering loads of DNM drugs to the new place I was thinking about stocking up before I move out of here. I might see if I can get a half o and leave it sealed until the first festival of the season at the end of May at least.

I think the biggest potential risk of giving up weed when you obviously don't really want to is that you might start drinking more instead, especially if your housemate is a Norman normal. When i've got no other drugs (which happens far too frequently these days for my liking), my booze intake increases significantly. Do you really need to stop completely? There's always a way of sneaking a cheeky spliff, especially with hash as the smell doesn't linger like weed. I'd be hanging out my bedroom window every night :)

It'll do you good to cut down though - especially with the morning tokes - I get absolutely hammered from 1 spliff these days now that I'm not a regular smoker (on the downside, I can neck a bottle of vodka and still walk in a straight line...)

I'd hope that there wasn't any danger of me taking up drinking again, since I stopped that completely 8 months ago and am actually really pleased with how that worked out. I don't miss it at all and realised that it was the main source of feeling like shit after a night out, filthy drug that it is :p

But yeah, it's unlikely to be giving up completely, I think the guy stays at his GF's a few nights a week so I could smoke a couple of times a week in peace. Just don't want it to escalate back to all the fookin time again that's all.

But at the same time I don't want the big ol' bag of xanax to start getting depleted too quickly. I find them quite useful (and I know that it's a bad thing but still) for the odd night of the week where it's gone midnight and my mind is still super active. But I've been down the road of daily benzo use for sleep before and it never ends well, mostly because nothing seems to fuck my memory quite like it. Nothing quite like rocking up to your desk every morning (an hour late) and having to go through your recent docs to find out what you were actually working on the day before eh.

Damn, that's true mr consumer.
Good thing i'm all but unemployed currently.

(brb, vaping)

Edit -

Oh yeah, i forgot that heat could degrade or alter the benzos...
Seems i've been a bit reckless with my hash oil cook-offs in the past.
Oh well, i'm strictly for bud these daze.

Your face would decompose before the drugs do..

Cups of tea may replace sofas as my one true love for now.

Also, re: 2C's, there's an article linked from the B&D PD thread on 2C-B that claims 2C-B was not found to affect brain serotonin concentrations, which would imply to me it's not acting as an SRA but instead a direct agonist. Out of interest, what's the mechanism of mescaline?

Last edited:

Also, re: 2C's, there's an article linked from the B&D PD thread on 2C-B that claims 2C-B was not found to affect brain serotonin concentrations, which would imply to me it's not acting as an SRA but instead a direct agonist. Out of interest, what's the mechanism of mescaline?

You're right, did a lil' reading just after I posted and the effects are from partial agonism.
Way outside the realms of my knowledge but I imagine someone can chime in. :)

Also, it does bear thinking about that the SSRI's currently getting all up in yo' druggage were prescribed for a reason, 2C-B is friendly but its siblings will dickslap your cortex.

Anecdotal rather than based on any proof for sure, but I concur that it's not acting as an SRA. I always take 2C-B to multi-day festivals and take it on the first night, because I know that there will be no side effects the next day, and that I'll be able to take mdma without any loss of potency. Without the 2C-B I'd be tempted to do multi-day mdma dosing, having to ramp the dosage up on the second day, with limited benefits. If someone could recommend another drug for three days fests that'd be great! Boomtown last year I did 2 consecutive days of mdma after a big dose of 2C-B on the first day and had a hard time getting where I wanted on the third day, breaking all my rules about multiple redoses. I also ended up feeling pretty jaded on Monday morning after managing to stay in good shape the whole festival up to that point!

You're right, did a lil' reading just after I posted and the effects are from partial agonism.
Way outside the realms of my knowledge but I imagine someone can chime in. :)

Also, it does bear thinking about that the SSRI's currently getting all up in yo' druggage were prescribed for a reason, 2C-B is friendly but its siblings will dickslap your cortex.

I asked for them, and since the fluoxetine was actively making my mental state worse I feel like it's not too much of a big deal if I take a break from big pharma roulette to go roll, trip and otherwise travel with a component of rotary motion while the opportunity presents.

On an unrelated note, we downed Manno Mythic before I hit 2 full days awake, which I'm counting as a success. FUCK YAS 12/13 PROGRESS. Now back to drug nerding instead of game nerding.

Anecdotal rather than based on any proof for sure, but I concur that it's not acting as an SRA. I always take 2C-B to multi-day festivals and take it on the first night, because I know that there will be no side effects the next day, and that I'll be able to take mdma without any loss of potency. Without the 2C-B I'd be tempted to do multi-day mdma dosing, having to ramp the dosage up on the second day, with limited benefits. If someone could recommend another drug for three days fests that'd be great! Boomtown last year I did 2 consecutive days of mdma after a big dose of 2C-B on the first day and had a hard time getting where I wanted on the third day, breaking all my rules about multiple redoses. I also ended up feeling pretty jaded on Monday morning after managing to stay in good shape the whole festival up to that point!

That seems remarkably consistent with it being a receptor ligand instead of an SRA, though I believe it was claimed in that same article (or possibly wiki) it's a DRA, which would explain it's stimmy side. If someone is feeling particularly willing to risk their brain for science, it would be interesting to see what sort of cross-tolerances exist between speed and 2C-B and between, say, LSD and 2C-B. Granted it'd all be fairly poor statistical data, but if there were clear cross-tolerances it could serve as a interesting way to probe the pharmacology of a relatively unknown compound without proper lab testing or brain scans or whatever.

Bored. Trying to resist indulging in some nefarious compound. Maybe i should go for a walk..